March 28, 2024, 02:21:09 AM

Author Topic: A set of Fatima men on this Forum  (Read 36098 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: A set of Fatima men on this Forum
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2005, 09:20:40 AM »
Wha? I have to chime in on this one. I went to CIC from 76 to 83. And in the time I was there, I cyah tink about more than 1 player, Arnold Corneal, the goal keeper, who Saints pull in just to play ball and that man had to have the grades because them priests them didn't play dat.

In the mean time, I could mention 2 notable names, G. Rodriguez and Geoffery Lake who Fatima snapped up even while the CIC priests were considering cutting them men some slack to repeat. Rodriguez mash up the North Zone that year.

In them days, QRC was routinely pulling men from Trinity, Trinity was pulling men from Belmont and Tranquil, and Fatima was scavenging them Vale men from Diego Sec,  and Saints.

So all yuh, doh try dat. CIC was all about academics. Now if that change, is a welcome change because we on the bottom for too long.

In recent years St. Anthony's was the king of buying players. I don't know about how QRC was 20 or 30 years ago but I know that in recent years it has not been a practice to buy players.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2005, 09:22:21 AM »
No worries......I was never offended/upset.....and yes I mis-quoted what you said- my bad, but my point was that I didn't see anything that was previously said that really warranted such a question....especially with a word like corrupt....it's all good though.

Way to question my ability to read though, under the guise of being respectful.

I deleted the post, so there is no more record of "abuse". cool ?

....respect.
Thanks man,i appreciate your handleing of this situation and i respect you for that,i did not mean any harm.It just shows how we can all differ on certain issues,my hope is that we will be able to debate other issues in the future.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2005, 09:24:33 AM »
Where are most of our young players being developed?
Is it still in College's league or has it shifted over to the Jablotehs and W Connections?

I see updates on U-15 competitions and such and while there may be more fan support for the SSFL I'm guessing the club football may be of a higher standard.  Anyone can compare them?
Maybe a SSFL champion vs. Club champion would be a good match if they don't share too many players.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2005, 09:40:21 AM »
Jersey Trini.  Kevin Barrow left because he wanted to be on a winning team.  That is the reality.  He won the National Intercol title that year with P. Town.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2005, 10:25:21 AM »

In recent years St. Anthony's was the king of buying players. I don't know about how QRC was 20 or 30 years ago but I know that in recent years it has not been a practice to buy players.

Palos already mentioned Gally - i.e. almost 40 yrs ago
I can vouch for QRC - just afterbout 35 yrs ago - Sheldon Gomes, Rolph Clarke(football), Rudy Reid (Track)...
Nb. however, transfer of students already occured, on a non-athletic basis.
I know of some students who were transfered to CIC, Fatima and others simply for academics, and 1 or 2 simply through connection....i.e. a student who failed CE and was at Woodbrook sec. and developed good academic habits, transferred to help the person getting access to better Tools, Labs, Techers or environment.. is it so wrong... In my time QRC wasn't the academically strong instuition it was in the past...Within the school unless you ended p in 2A form in year two. There were not enough teachers to offer a normal full school day. So, many parents with the means transferred there kids to other schools, to try to get their kids the education, amongst other reason...plus some migration issues.
 Which left some places open thus could be filled....so what is the problem in filling with a underpriveledge(relative term) student/athlete...
This occurs everywhere, as far as I am aware....I don't understand, Are people saying this is wrong, and/or unfair?
The only aspect I would find unfair is if a individual played more than say 5 yrs at that level. eg. 4 yrs at Tranquil and 2 yrs at John D...for eg..   

Sorry i made some corrections reload.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 10:27:42 AM by maxg »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2005, 10:48:53 AM »
My question now is should what goes on with the Colleges League stay the way it is?or should changes be made for the betterment of schools and players?should there be criterias or set rules to work with?because it seems like every one has been doing their own thing for years. 

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2005, 11:08:09 AM »
Jersey Trini.  Kevin Barrow left because he wanted to be on a winning team.  That is the reality.  He won the National Intercol title that year with P. Town.

Yeah that's what he told you but in all reality it was the fact that he just couldn't see eye to eye with Critchlow that's why he left my friend and don't try to tell me otherwise because i went there you didn't.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2005, 11:22:53 AM »
No harsh feelings Jersey Trini.  Either way, he didn't mind joining a good team, regardless of the reason.

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2005, 12:30:52 PM »
none felt just trying to clearify something you know...P.ville till i die ;D

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2005, 12:32:58 PM »
Nothing is wrong with player transferring in the SSFL. There just need to be some kind of concrete, consistent criteria.

Leh mih give all yuh ah lil joke:

Now I was ah lil youth-man when Clauzel dem was gettin on bad eh. And I used to go to all ah Mucurapo games back den. So I used to marvel at how dem girls dem used to get-on over dem men. I was sure dem man was lashin nuff tings.

So when I start playin for Saints (we didn’t have girls back den – ah hear Saints have girls now), I wanted some ah de girl-business like Clauzel dem, and more recently (my playin time) Clint Marcelle dem. So after my first year playin for Saints, I make ah run up in de east to talk to de principal at de Green Machine. Dem time, Green Machine was rippin. Well I talk to de man and he was cool. But yuh wouldn guess what it came down to for de lass say? I had to get de approval of de man, who at de time, was de big playa at Green Machine, initials GP. Can you believe dat shit? I eh lyin? So you tink de man go want any competition?

I had to keep my @$$ at Saints, and scavenge ah lil Francois or Holy Name ting as dey pass outside Saints gate yes. I end up pullin ah lil Holy Name young heart, and incidentally, when I end up in college in NC, de ting was dey too yes. Small world.

Back to de discussion doh... sorry for de strayin...
Toujour Pret!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2005, 12:43:32 PM »
LOL...oh gorm slates   :D...dem was serious moves dey in truth...ah used to envy dem tranquil men just for that...I pass CE from Tranquil to QRC, and much as ah did like the "QRC, we want a Goal' chant...Hormones was itchin to ask for ah transfer back, yes...had to settle for tryin to thief convent gyul from allyuh yes

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2005, 12:55:04 PM »
LOL...oh gorm slates   :D...dem was serious moves dey in truth...ah used to envy dem tranquil men just for that...I pass CE from Tranquil to QRC, and much as ah did like the "QRC, we want a Goal' chant...Hormones was itchin to ask for ah transfer back, yes...had to settle for tryin to thief convent gyul from allyuh yes

At least allyuh had ting to pick from.  Fatima men had to settle fuh gyul from St Theresa's and Poly from a proximity basis) even doh we wasn't scruntin as all dem convent & bishop's gyul and dem used to run dong Fatima man like if gold was sharin.  (Well sumting was sharin, man was scorin etc....ANYWAY!!)

But as sparse as we surroundins was (i.e. fuh girls school), we didn't have it bad like dem boy from Trinity.  Dem had to settle fuh dem goat and dem by Moka.... ;D ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2005, 01:34:56 PM »
Just becuz of de topic name : I AM A FATIMA MAN TOO!!!!

Arright.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2005, 06:35:12 PM »
Palos ... How u ruffin up truetrini so??? :D

Fatima all de way... Holy Name was we sister school but I used to check out de convent girls.. Well in de end I marry ah Holy Name girl...

Offline gtokyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
To all FATIMA MEN
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2005, 11:12:30 PM »
I am trying to contact Lester Aqui.  Went to Fatima late 80`s- mid 1990`s. From Diego.  If anyone knows his email can you please contact me at gcarib@yahoo.ca  ...cheers thanx

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2005, 12:26:13 AM »
The biggest Fatima transfer of ALL was Brian Lara. He came from San Juan Secondary.

I know he was originally drafted for football and cricket!

Ah know this is a football discussion but you cant deny that was a big transfer.

I also remember that Colin Rocke tried to get into Fatima and he was rejected.

This I know bc both Lara and Rocke was from Santa Cruz which is where I'm from.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
SLATES/RAJ
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2005, 12:43:30 PM »
Slates,

I'm aware of who GP is.

My question is did you attempt to join the Greem Machine when GP was a player or when he was Coach.

I can't see Downer or the staff allowing a PLAYER to make that kind of decision.

Raj, I clearly remember Lara as a Form One in the first month of school..ie September.

So when de hell he make dat transfer?

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: To all FATIMA MEN
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2005, 12:45:42 PM »
send me an email at fatimaposse@hotmail.com

I'll pass on to those who were in that year....KND I belive was there at that time.

Also what part of Diego boss? We might have padnahs living in the area.

Peace,
VB

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2005, 06:41:18 PM »
Triniman, yuh ever look at some ah dem Senior Division teams?  Boss, not every school is at the level to play Championship Division football.  Sorry.  As much as yuh want inclusion, yuh need to consider the standard of the league.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2005, 06:47:38 PM »
Triniman, yuh ever look at some ah dem Senior Division teams?  Boss, not every school is at the level to play Championship Division football.  Sorry.  As much as yuh want inclusion, yuh need to consider the standard of the league.

Wantatriniman is Canadian.  He never see a Colleges League game in he life.  He still vex Birchall get a passport in 2 weeks and he tryin fuh years and eh get none.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lara transferred to Fatima
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2005, 07:05:15 PM »
Raj, I clearly remember Lara as a Form One in the first month of school..ie September.

In de Brian Lara - Prince of Batsmen article, Lara states:
"My first school was St. Josephs Roman Catholic primary. Then I went to San Juan Secondary. There was no cricket there, though, so after one year I moved on to Fatima College where I did play cricket."

It is also mentioned in Wikipedia.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2005, 08:02:39 PM »
Nitendo Vinces...original Fatima man mehself...Raj whey you from?....Brian is meh first cousin...and Colin have the most beautiful mom from Santa Cruz!  she was a prospective Ms. Trinidad...Tony Pacheco here!

Luv U T&T!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 08:04:17 PM by Tallman »

truetrini

« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2005, 08:07:51 PM »

Fatima all de way... Holy Name was we sister school but I used to check out de convent girls.. Well in de end I marry ah Holy Name girl...

Samo no Fatima man could ruff me up.  NONE!

I never had problems getting St. Joseph's, Holy Name, and Providence Girls, and St Francois girls, and dem girls from Bisjops was more orless reserved for Trinity men...nuff said! . hell I even horn two CIC man and 3 QRC men...ah never had to take any girl from Fatima men as dey never had any girls.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2005, 08:24:06 PM »

Samo no Fatima man could ruff me up.  NONE!

I never had problems getting St. Joseph's, Holy Name, and Providence Girls, and St Francois girls, and dem girls from Bisjops was more orless reserved for Trinity men...nuff said! . hell I even horn two CIC man and 3 QRC men...ah never had to take any girl from Fatima men as dey never had any girls.

Toot yuh own horn sah.  Matter of fact...as a Trinity man I eh surprised because allyuh mus be had nuff practice "tootin allyuh horns" seein dat is only goat allyuh had to deal wit up dey... ;D

truetrini

« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2005, 09:04:58 PM »
No we were known as HORNer men,,you know why too.

Doh blame all Trinity man fuh heartache yuh suffer as ah youth.....I am sure I was not responsible fuh taking YOUR girl!

As for tooting meh horn, dat eh it....ah used to let dem convent girl do dat fuh me!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lara transferred to Fatima
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2005, 03:10:33 AM »

In de Brian Lara - Prince of Batsmen article, Lara states:
"My first school was St. Josephs Roman Catholic primary. Then I went to San Juan Secondary. There was no cricket there, though, so after one year I moved on to Fatima College where I did play cricket."

It is also mentioned in Wikipedia.

All I could tell yuh is what I see with my own eyes.

The man started Form One in Sept. of 1981. He was pointed out to me as a footballer who had played for the U-12 team.

The next year in Jan. I was shocked to see him play A Giants Cricket. Fomr ones don't usually do that, as the team used to be dominated by Form Twos and Threes.

Dat had to be a mighty fast transfer.

VB

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: To all FATIMA MEN
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2005, 08:48:37 AM »
You should have titled that post Looking for Lester Aqui, as I am there was a better chance of it being seen by someone who may know him from D'go but not Fatima

F.A.T.I.M.A. go FATIMA go!!!83-88

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2005, 02:27:35 PM »
VB,

Lara came from Cantaro Village which is where I came from as well. So I grew up with the fella and also played football and cricket at the local playground with him( which is now called the Brian Lara Ground). I used to get a ride to school with his father Bunty and both his family and mines has always been close.

He went to Form ONE at San Juan Secondary and then went to Fatima. SO he REDID Form One at Fatima. One of his coaches at Harvard Cricket Club linked him with Fatima.

Therefore, Tallmans research is CORRECT.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2005, 01:14:29 PM »
Yes Tallman is the boss as always..........
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2005, 01:37:52 PM »
VB,

He went to Form ONE at San Juan Secondary and then went to Fatima. SO he REDID Form One at Fatima.

Repeat First Form?  Whey sah!  ;D

1]; } ?>