March 28, 2024, 05:17:36 PM

Author Topic: A set of Fatima men on this Forum  (Read 36111 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: A set of Fatima men on this Forum
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2005, 01:59:01 PM »
VB,

Lara came from Cantaro Village which is where I came from as well. So I grew up with the fella and also played football and cricket at the local playground with him( which is now called the Brian Lara Ground). I used to get a ride to school with his father Bunty and both his family and mines has always been close.

He went to Form ONE at San Juan Secondary and then went to Fatima. SO he REDID Form One at Fatima. One of his coaches at Harvard Cricket Club linked him with Fatima.

Therefore, Tallmans research is CORRECT.

Technıcally I wasn't wrong either. The man started Form One at Fatima. Give me my props too nah.  :)

Ah tell yuh smthng dat was one short 12 year old when he redid Form One. The man play A Giants and wasn't much taller dan de bat.

Raj ah went to school with u for fıve years and ah ddn't even know u used to take ride wıth Lara. :)

Peace'
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2005, 05:14:57 PM »
So how much did Harry "nose it all" Ramdass have to do with Lara's success?????

Former Fatima man here, took out Lara's middle stump on one occasion...

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2005, 05:30:50 PM »
Raj, dat is a big lie. Colin hates Fatima like you would not believe. He did pass for Saints as his first choice. Yuh trying to say de man chupid or wha. dat is wrong...real wrong.

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2005, 08:04:50 PM »
VB,

I will always give you props for your comittment to the cause and your excellent work on your site etc
but you should have known the Lara transfer bc investigative journalism is your strength. Do you remember when I had that Grey Galant Station Wagon? We used to ride in together sometimes.

As for Savvannah boys comment , Rocke was by no means a dummy. As a matter of fact he is now an accomplished businessman with a Soccer Training Complex somewhere up north.
He hates Fatima bc he did not het his chance to do A levels there.

Ramdass was an excellent coach who guided Lara but his natural talent and extra practice sessions while in the nets at Harvards and Santa Cruz made him what he is. He always like big men to bowl to him.

I saw Lara faced up to Big Bird Joel Garner in the nets at Queen Parks when he was 16 years old.
Lara was close friends with Bajan Carlysle Best when he played for Windies also. Dem men was grooming him for an eventual entry into Test Cricket.

Hooper also groomed Sarwan in a similar fashion.

Offline ahlikeit

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2005, 12:20:35 AM »
Jah Youth,
              Anthony Creese went to Woodbrook Sec.  82-87  , he then repeated in Mucurapo 88 and at the end of that season made the all-star Intercol team. He then went to Fatima as an A level student and to play ball, that year I think the season ended early because of this.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2005, 01:17:04 PM »
Raj I left Fatima after Form V.
So if u was driving Station wago that was after my time.

BTW I spoke to colin Rocke a couple of yrs ago and he had a lot of respect for Fatima ballers.
As he put ıt, they used to fıght the game hard... He singled out Players like Barney, Ramdoo and Solozano during his time....Solo wasn't the most talented but  he had a never say dıe attitude.

Peace,
VB

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2005, 05:00:32 PM »
Since I have nothing else to add to this convo, I see Ramdass last year by the outdoors bar in Movie Town, that man look exactly the same.  Solazano is a big DJ in the DC/MD area Sprang International.  Ramdass give me a 5 once on my report card for French, i still remember the cut arse i get when my muddah see that...

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2005, 06:58:26 PM »
Raj, I still disagree. Ah know Colin too well fuh yuh to say sumting like dat. Sky Walker on dis forum sat in class next to de man and still in touch with him. Dem vibes yuh have dey bout Rocke is yuh own.

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2005, 07:35:46 PM »
Allyuh men is real tears..

The only thing I say negative about Rocke is dat he wanted to play for Fatima and Mervyn Moore turn him down. For the record Colin Rocke was one of the greatest to ever come our of TT that never get his props. His touch was impeccable and if I rememder he ended up playing in Germany for Wolfsburg. I rate him highly having played with him for a youth team. He was a legend and even Pele was quoted as saying that he was one of the best players technically and skillwise he had seen.

No Fatima player was ever as good as Rocke so fuh dem to refuse him was ridiculous. Moore also refused Sheppy and Cipriani  and Larry Williams who all went on to light up Trinity College.
Rocke use to make  big men look silly when he was 14 years old- a man amongst boys

Having not seen Rocke in donkey years VB and Savannah you may be right about me saying he did not like Fatima. Apologies to anyone if my comments upset them.BTW VB What was the name of the two Indians that played for Saints during that time with Rocke , Roach and another fella?/ Dem men was wicked. Do yuh remember them?

VB ..

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2005, 07:48:03 AM »
Since I have nothing else to add to this convo, I see Ramdass last year by the outdoors bar in Movie Town, that man look exactly the same.  Solazano is a big DJ in the DC/MD area Sprang International. 

Sprang was a footballer?  :o    hahahahahahahahhaa  Cyah believe that.  I hadda ask him bout that.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2005, 08:02:39 AM »
Yeah man, ah tink he even played a little bit wit Juniors in de mid '80's. Loved to fan  ;D
Live large and prosper!

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2005, 09:09:42 AM »
Allyuh men is real tears..

No Fatima player was ever as good as Rocke so fuh dem to refuse him was ridiculous. Moore also refused Sheppy and Cipriani  and Larry Williams who all went on to light up Trinity College.
Rocke use to make  big men look silly when he was 14 years old- a man amongst boys

VB ..

Didnt Larry Williams who is now a Lawyer back in Trini, with Blond hair play for Fatima in the late 80s? or is that a different Larry Williams

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2005, 09:14:54 AM »
YES... Same Larry.. He used to live near me in woodbrook and we went to the same Primary school. He does kick ball in the rehab...

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2005, 09:31:15 AM »
Larry with the Dennis Rodman blond hair, when last i saw him.
That guy was crazy, when Shaka catch heself and decide he go dribble down the sideline against Fatima on Saints grounds in 88, Larry come sliding from way across the other side of the field to rest a doubles on him.  Unfortunately he missed Shaka went off the field and hurt himself and had to be carried off.
He was next seen performing a bicycle in a Milo commercial.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2005, 11:12:35 AM »
Raj ah cah remember the Indians.

I remember Rocke and Shaka playing together for CIC in 84....the last yr. I watch College ball. However, there was a Dogler from the Vale by the name of Reese. Decent defender.

Talking abt. Larry Willimas, they put he to mark Colin Rocke in an inter col fixture vs. Saints at the Nat. Stad.

Well this was 1984...Barney dat ass and another key player went and get injured...Barney get injured mere hours b4 de game....ah man fall out a mangoe tree on top of him and injure Barney foot...ah typing and laughing at how ridiculous this was.

Anyway depleted Fatima take on de bullers..and everybody come out to watch it.

Poor Larry trying to mark Rocke on a wet turf....de man eat beat like it was de tastiest meal on de planet....he go one way..realize Rocke going the other way...and while he skating in one direction, trying to gear in Rocke direction....Barney make a joke and said the commentators say Larry (in all de wet weather)  look like he  tackling a mirage.

Larry and I wasn't no padahs, but dat day he my sincerest sympathies. Any CFL player who had to mark Rocke had their work cut out for dem but on a wet turf.....well dat would be just pure pull stones.

Larry was still playing ball in 88 and yet still managed to get turned down by Moore?
For What?? To go to school in 1989.....The man started Fatima in 1980.....Ah hope allyuh men have allyuh facts correct.

vb

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2005, 11:29:51 AM »
The Larry Williams I talking bout was only like a year or 2 ahead of me, and is now a lawyer in Trini. I left Fatima (and TnT) in 88 so maybe the game was in 87 or 86.
Meh facts straight like a quarter past six on the clock

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2005, 02:53:56 PM »
LArry entered Fatima in 1980 same year as us. (vb, raj) I not sure when he left, but I left in 85. I know he played football for Fatima, and I think it was the same time as Anil...

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2005, 02:59:55 PM »
Mr MC... There was a tall fella that used to play in the back for Fatima around 87 88. I was home on vacation and went to see a game in the stadium, he was probably the best player on the team but he was not allowed to play in that game because Ms.. cyah remember her name say he could not play.. I remember Monteil playing in that game.
 Totally different Monteil from the one in rehab, in terms of size. Cause he lorse real weight.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2005, 03:01:47 PM »
vb ... You know it real hard to picture men like Larry as a lawyer, but de man who shock me the most and is presently a lawyer is Scotland....
When I was in form 1 I would a vote him most likely to go to jail, now the man is a lawyer and apparently doing well when I last saw him. I glad for him doh.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2005, 03:09:16 PM »
Mr MC... There was a tall fella that used to play in the back for Fatima around 87 88. I was home on vacation and went to see a game in the stadium, he was probably the best player on the team but he was not allowed to play in that game because Ms.. cyah remember her name say he could not play.. I remember Monteil playing in that game.
 Totally different Monteil from the one in rehab, in terms of size. Cause he lorse real weight.

I think you're talking 'bout Lyle Beckles.......it was like in '91.......
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2005, 03:40:30 PM »
The Larry Williams I talking bout was only like a year or 2 ahead of me, and is now a lawyer in Trini. I left Fatima (and TnT) in 88 so maybe the game was in 87 or 86.
Meh facts straight like a quarter past six on the clock

Well boss ıf ıs 87, 86 or 88 yuh facts straight like de road to Maracas  :)

And YES! we are all talking abt de same Larry.

Yes samo, my sentiments exactly regarding Scotland. But ıf you remember scotland shocked us all by making it to Form Vİ. And de moment he make it there he had calmed down.

I saw hım on Tv last year and de man was bıg no ass. Looking like a bouncer.

Peace,
VB

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2005, 07:08:14 PM »
Larry Williams went to Trinity for a while and he was a good player that was aggressive. VB I remember that game when Rocke was eating Larry live. With that wild aggression Colin was killing him with the fan and dem touches. The crowd was bawling. As for the Indians from Saints one was Roach and he was based in Diamond Vale Diego.

Larry went to Mercer College in Atlanta and studied law. In 98 for miami carnival I saw him with Verne Wayne Smith drunk at a fete. I was with Sean Anthony and dem fellas hail we out.

Keith Scotland did A levels History and English with me and always wanted to be a lawyer. He got good grades at A level C in History and B in English. He was good at argumentation and to me destined to be a lawyer. In class he was definitely shining.

Both Larry and Scotland now handle cases together in Trinidad. They are both high profile lawyers.

Man is always good to reminise. Dat school was excellent!

Anil Roberts and Dominic Beaubrun was two fellas that were very articulate for their age. Do not forget Wickham who went to MIT and Harvard.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2005, 08:50:46 PM »
Thanx Kicker... Is beckles self, I know him and his brother, but ah was sitting at work and could not remember his name at all... I guess age really catch up with me.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2005, 07:31:45 AM »
fellas just pop back in. them indians on cic was roach (brother teach spanish in fatima cool teacher) and the other was last name singh even he was the capt

larry a red man right back i can't remember going trinity thought it was fatima right thru think he went away for 1 yr then come back leave cause heywood said no to form 6. i really doh remember larry going tinity cip and barney yeah barney another one of moore great decisions

no diss to anil fellas but how they go let anil back and not barney anil give real trouble think he make jenkins cry all kinda thing. i know the anwer but still weird scene moore and heywood

beckles was a decent player monteil was just downright jokey every time i think of he i remember he uncle ian bain a great baller.

mr moore and mother frog heywood them kill fatima dead from the time pantin leave fatima went down. pantin was a boss principal who loved sports and had tha balance between that and academics just like De V in CIC also had RO playing a major part.  moore had no clue a total goat.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2005, 07:42:10 AM »
Yeah Monteil doh look nothing now like he did back in his Fatima days, for that matter neither do I.
I know we had two real tall men in the back for Fatima in my days, Miguel 'mamba' Burnett and an even taller darker fella from the East who's name escapes me now, he used to run track with me.
Thankfuly most of us have changed from how we was back in school.  I remember Anil was real trouble, getting sliced on his face and flying out for plastic surgery, gettting suspended from school for last day of schoo wildness and having to sit his OLevels in CIC cause he was not allowed back in Fatima.  The man literally drag meh pardna on the ground behind the wall by the grounds over to Mucorapo Comp.
Story I heard about Larry Williams while practicing law in Atlanta, he catch a case as a public defender for a man that get stopped for drunk driving by the police get out his car and point a gun at the police.  Larry get the man off by telling the judge that the man was just trying to hand the gun over to the officers...whey!!!!!

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2005, 07:46:20 AM »
MC that other defender was Sean Simmons he in Pittsburgh now was a real track star leave fatima sports with all the medals track and field events victor lodorum(spelling) went Seton Hall University
 another good one and had to be the most underrated defender in colleges league history was keith farina nobody ever talk bout tha man but he was flat out good

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2005, 07:53:58 AM »
YES Sean Simmons...Seton Hall!!!
oh gosh boy I forget all of that yes, yuh bring back some memories there!!
You belive that when Simmons, Guerra, myself, Hercules and Adrian Bobb were on the Fatima track team (yes we had one) Ato Boldon could not even make a Fatima team!!

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2005, 08:41:20 AM »
Yeah Keith Farina was definitely one of the most composed defenders and a great tacler of the ball.
My favorites was Lawson Bernard and Dwight Findly ( two short men). But allyuh cannot forget Scott Rodriguez when he leave the GK duties and bc the bound to score FORWARD.

There were some great players who never played for Fatima but went on to play for the Green Machine. Anthony Julien and Anthony Desilva( he uncle taugth Spanish at fatima). Both men was from the east.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2005, 08:46:15 AM »
Anthony DeSilva...good cal dey raj!!
I lived in Arima with him, one of the best, could do anything with a ball, no discipline he still there in the East.
I saw Lawson in D'Vale breakfast fete last carnival, he in the UK, for some reason Mr. Romero did not like him too tuff, and you know if Romero doh like yuh is trouble..dat mean you dont get to study in the AC in the office.

Anybody ever know what became of Keston Wright?

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2005, 09:25:55 AM »
yeah MC i was in ato yr man used to come 4th and 5th in school sports Bobb was  good athlete byron brown was fast too-then hercules the alte prison officer's chief son was champ field events man.

Raj-scotty used to score but dread he coulda throw away too throw way 10 and score one. and talk about attitude but no where in he brother class.

keston wright talented from macoya went gustine play with nixon team-

fatima in the 80's had good players findlay, lawson, farina, scotty, barney,sean, anil, ramdoo,saga, mamba but then they always had bad luck and and moore and mother frog i tell all yuh them kill we make we lose talented men or give men pressure while cic/qrc  on the other hand always had that support from the administraion and faculty way more than fatima did and a good principal that saw the value in sports.

1]; } ?>