March 28, 2024, 11:21:26 AM

Author Topic: A set of Fatima men on this Forum  (Read 36106 times)

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: A set of Fatima men on this Forum
« Reply #150 on: July 27, 2006, 07:06:20 PM »
Yeah, same Marvin Raeburn.  I played against him as I played for QRC between 90 and 92.  Nice left footer.  One of Fatima's most famous imports.  Curepe Junior Sec I believe.

Is this him?

This is Raeburn today; he was at the WN Sweat in Regents Park and was the man of the tournament as his side 'East Side Boys' won the tourney. The left foot is still VERY DEADLY!!

Was very deadly indeed, him and young Trotty (also imported) had a good chem. playing together, lots of talent, these fellas could have ascended to even higher heights if they had sig. football aspirations....

Trotty- RIP
For Marvin- u know what was missing IMHO- discipline-particularly ability to balance school and ball  I eh tink he even sit for CXC yes..
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 07:11:27 PM by doh_stick »

Offline ttgapers

• dun know
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • ttgapers.com - the latest from the caribbean
« Reply #151 on: July 28, 2006, 05:32:38 AM »
Many times Ro was a idiot saw him do some good and bad things
Harry was cool till he try ban meh from the field, i thought he was on kicks the man was serious
then if we lose a giants game Harry make man gears up and train after the game-tha man was crazy.

The real boss was Clive Pantin,  after he left Fatima lost a few steps with goat like Mr. Moore, Frico, niles, Murray etc. then Heywood talk about idiot she in a class by herself.

yes horse,

heywood was a next killjoy. she is/was up in canada, very surprised to see me at UWO....that woman. hahah. always good to have the last laugh. there were some who beleived they had to rule with an iron grip, or else they feel like they lost control....

let me bigup my boy, mr. young. now he was the coolest teacher ever pass thru that school.

ttgapers
ttgapers.com - the latest from the caribbean" style="border:0

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 28, 2006, 09:09:44 AM »
Let me start out by saying dat I doh nuttin much bout football except when de ball go inside de net.  I know dat is a goal.  Ah join de "nation" because I is ah Trini and ah supporting anything good fuh meh country.

So ah want tuh put een meh possibly ignorant two cents. 

North American universities and colleges taking players from all other schools and countries fuh dat matter to strengthen dey sports programmes.  So what wrong if CIC, Fatima and whoever take from whereever tuh achieve dat goal.  It helping the school and it helping de players.  True..it mean dat de schools wid the best pull going tuh get de best ah de crop but is not so the NBA and de NHL teams does operate?

Hopefully internationally teams will start looking at our players in various sports, de way dey look at other non-North American players and give de youths and dem something tuh work towards.

Ah wrong?

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 28, 2006, 12:23:37 PM »
I'm not a Fatima man, but I had loads of friends from there and not to mention I would help out at Computer Camp to check out the gyuls and dem.  :-*  Anyway, when I was a small man going to school at St. James Sec. I would go to IC games at Fatima and CIC grounds and no know anyone.  I was just there to take in pure football, men battling for pride and old talk the next day.  I think those were some of my best memories of home.

On a unrelated topic, I doh know if you guys remember Ms. Blackman (Computer Teacher) she passes away in a car accident this year(I think a couple of months ago).  Anyway, she was another reason I hung out at Fatima, a real first class teacher and person.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 28, 2006, 06:13:38 PM »

On a unrelated topic, I doh know if you guys remember Ms. Blackman (Computer Teacher) she passes away in a car accident this year(I think a couple of months ago).  Anyway, she was another reason I hung out at Fatima, a real first class teacher and person.

Are you serious ? Ms Blackman died ?....sh**.....That was meh form 3 maths teacher...damn, very sad to hear.

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 28, 2006, 09:20:33 PM »

Are you serious ? Ms Blackman died ?....sh**.....That was meh form 3 maths teacher...damn, very sad to hear.

Yeah sad day for everyone that knew her.  My friend in Tampa called me up to let me know.  It was in the express and all that.  She was driving down Mayaro and de car lost fontrol and hit a coconut tree.  Messed up way to go, not to mention she was either going to or coming from teaching a class.  At least she did what she loved and that was teaching  :'(
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 28, 2006, 10:30:30 PM »

boy my aunt buy her volkswagen and have it up to this day
sorry to hear that

Més que un club.

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 29, 2006, 09:32:09 AM »
Yes ttgapers,
dat game between CIC and Fatima brought back memories.
de last time de Toronto lime kick ball in Mississauga,
I was olde talkin with jrsams on dis and he remembered it vividly.
but I cannot recall who won

Anyhow I recalled getting there and going thru de gate from de police barracks
a Saints man standing by de gate askin we for $2 each, well there must have been
15 of us and one of him after we give he some olde talk we ent payin to come in
he eventually gave in and took 2 dollars for the gang of us (pursuation by numbers)  ;D

When CIC scored, I sure I heard cornell on an older man radio say "St Marys has just scored a goal and their supports have invaded the pitch"  this is when the 1st and 2nd formers also invade the field after they started with the projectiles (aka softdrink bottles and cans)  man start to burn each odder school flags. Cornell "and Fatima is also running onto the pitch"  followed by the ever so friendly montied police with the loaded horse ready to kick your lights out...

Keston Wright another name to remember from the olde days 1988 form V.

Mr Ramdass with Form 3 group 1.
Mr Joseph giving 3 hour detentions.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #158 on: August 02, 2008, 10:21:56 PM »
I decide to ressurrect the Fatima thread.

You guys remember Sheldon Cipriani - A Vale Man.

Well Sheldon was on the bomb 1987 Fatima squad with Sean Ramdoo.

The man is a football Coach in the 'STates now.

Director of Coaching in Gainesvill

http://gainesvillesoccer.org/sheldonbio.htm

I remember when he started off in Form One and couldn't even kick a ball. He has come a long way.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline dreintel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 03, 2008, 08:02:13 AM »
i is a fatima man and i hadda say fuh de time i was dere(94-99) de tigers were de big players pullers.... dey used to draft in men like de army......a few names from fatima...penco, rodriguez, gibbons..... st anthonys was de real draft side..... i guess dat is why dey win all dem titles in de 90's.......

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 03, 2008, 08:44:22 AM »
Cipriani was a goalkeeper first for the Giants U14 team, then he convert to midfielder,I believe he played for 1st eleven at one time. He was good and always wanted the ball. A little bit of a ball hog that would get upset easy but overall a good player. I think he went to Trinity as with Sheppy and Larry Williams

Good to see him doing well. :D

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 03, 2008, 11:35:49 AM »
What a thing- It took a Trinity man to fire up Faima men. Sweet memories or Nostalga.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 03, 2008, 12:22:42 PM »
What a thing- It took a Trinity man to fire up Faima men. Sweet memories or Nostalga.

Me eh know what de ass u trying to say nah.

Raj, are yu sure, that Sheldon was a GK for U-14? Ah know he had fantasies of bieng a GK, and used to keep for our class at one point.

Yohannes Camps Campins was the U-14 GK. Was Sheldon the GK for the B team. Surely not A.

I know in Form 1V, he was playing outfield for A Colts.

What I remember about Ciprianni was in his younger days, he used to love to dribble and sometimes unnecessarily lose the ball.

But he had decent skills, he literally got better as he got older.

Peace,
VB

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 03, 2008, 12:32:26 PM »
vb u sure? the squad ramdoo capt w scotty and anil up front??  cip was in trinity tha yr i believe
he was decent player as i recall, cool fella also. good to hear the news.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 03, 2008, 01:32:07 PM »
FK you probably right.

But I remember that when Anil said that we were weak in defense, somebody said he was referring to Cip.

I know he was RB for Fatima in 1985. I had no idea he went to Trinity and I dk what year it was.

So, I'll take ur word for it.

Peace,
VB

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 03, 2008, 04:09:53 PM »
FK you probably right.

But I remember that when Anil said that we were weak in defense, somebody said he was referring to Cip.

I know he was RB for Fatima in 1985. I had no idea he went to Trinity and I dk what year it was.

So, I'll take ur word for it.

Peace,
VB

wing backs on that team were larry and netto
central defenders mamba and farhina
mid-findlay, lawson, ramdoo forget the 4th man but pretty sure it wasn't cip
scotty anil.
i recall Cip playing 1st eleven as a midfielder when i was in form1, was the year fatima teams wear umbro kits from giants right up

Offline SuperTrini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 03, 2008, 04:29:38 PM »
Between 1992 and 1999...as far as I remember Fatima had no wet footballers...none...zero...1 rankin bad man in the whole institution (doh say Daryll Roberts cause we know he was shit in dey days...thank god for Alcons.) :rotfl:........gettin blow out and tax from Mucurapo Comp...an Mucurapo Jr Sec (both) shifts. ??? :devil:..In addition they would come inTown and look extremely outta place :rotfl:...Taking needles on dey own field and in the stadium during School Football and intercol. :rotfl: But I must admit dey had de wettest SCHOOL DANCE in town. Even den only certain Fatima chi chi man had girls...Other man was commin tru scoopin up they girls. :devil: :rotfl: Just wanted to give my recollection...This might be outta tymin but I  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 03, 2008, 05:26:03 PM »
It looks like u had wet dream about Fatima and get blank.

VB

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 03, 2008, 10:24:59 PM »
Between 1992 and 1999...as far as I remember Fatima had no wet footballers...none...zero...1 rankin bad man in the whole institution (doh say Daryll Roberts cause we know he was shit in dey days...thank god for Alcons.) :rotfl:........gettin blow out and tax from Mucurapo Comp...an Mucurapo Jr Sec (both) shifts. ??? :devil:..In addition they would come inTown and look extremely outta place :rotfl:...Taking needles on dey own field and in the stadium during School Football and intercol. :rotfl: But I must admit dey had de wettest SCHOOL DANCE in town. Even den only certain Fatima chi chi man had girls...Other man was commin tru scoopin up they girls. :devil: :rotfl: Just wanted to give my recollection...This might be outta tymin but I  :rotfl: :rotfl:
What yuh does call chi chi man youth ! fellas who speak well and use propper grammar ? i allways hated that about the hood. not BC ppl bring up their children well and encourage them to use proper grammar, and leave off street values mean dey are soft or faggots.

we have to leave off that kinda ancient thinking, that's why the hood have so much lawlessness , BC we does perpetuate too much ignorance and fight down proper behavior and higher learning.  BTW i from the hood!                                         positive.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 10:27:28 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 07, 2011, 11:21:54 AM »

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 07, 2011, 11:37:57 AM »
Mucurapo, Fatima is your Daddy  ;D ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUUsQQaddXE&feature=player_embedded

VB

ah eh know which one was wuss....de water logged field or de men and dem in dey pum pum shorts (including de police). Compre was allll over Fatima in dat game, but as dey say, goals win games, good find... :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 07, 2011, 11:43:53 AM »
Mucurapo, Fatima is your Daddy  ;D ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUUsQQaddXE&feature=player_embedded

VB

ah eh know which one was wuss....de water logged field or de men and dem in dey pum pum shorts (including de police). Compre was allll over Fatima in dat game, but as dey say, goals win games, good find... :beermug:

I cyah get youtube in work but from the description it sounding like the game back in the 80's where Rodriguez equalize in the dregs, then we take it on penalties...Anthony Crease (Compre) had men busy in that game...later he transferred to Fatima lol...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 07, 2011, 11:49:32 AM »
The game was 1983. Fatima had a very mediocre team.

MSC had seven national player, including many of the U 16s from the 1983 Concacaf tournament. Marcelle, Sutton, Faustin were on this team.

VB

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 07, 2011, 11:52:08 AM »

MSC had seven national player, including many of the U 16s from the 1983 Concacaf tournament. Marcelle, Sutton, Faustin were on this team.

VB

Ah ok...wrong game then...Was thinking of the intercol semi in '87.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 07, 2011, 12:01:07 PM »

VB
Yeah dat was de compre side dat had ah bunch of nashesss... After Compre, dem fellas went on to play for Sando Tech.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 07, 2011, 02:14:08 PM »
Ouuuuu gooouhhhhd

whey that man pull out that from

Compre had we to hang, Fatima was real lucky that day

real nice find

Més que un club.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 07, 2011, 06:36:41 PM »
Goals win matches, nice find VB.  Funny, most of de Fatima men on dis forum was in diapers when dis game play
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 08, 2011, 08:08:10 AM »
Goals win matches, nice find VB.  Funny, most of de Fatima men on dis forum was in diapers when dis game play

Not me bro. I was at this game  :)

Sitting in the Pavillion  (probably bez of the rain). Funny how some things are remembered. Rivers was a red skin fella and I swear he had a red fro. When I see the GK with black hair, I swear is some odder fatima team. I don't remember rain that day but then it was 27 years ago.

You know back then the short pants was so normal eh. Now understand why women wanted to watch the footballer so. :)

VB

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 08, 2011, 08:17:01 AM »
Police and all wearin short pants............and cork hat ;D
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>