April 28, 2024, 05:00:28 PM

Author Topic: Is Tony Warner ex Milwall keeper now Cardiff keeper eligable for T&T ?  (Read 2820 times)

Offline concerned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
can someone answer that ?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Yea, he eligable. He offered to join T&T once but the TTFF had other plans, we should give him a call if he still interested because it looks like Hislop done.

Thanks for all Skaka, hopefully one day you will return and be a goalkeeper coach for T&T.

Ince, Warner and Jack we should be ok,,,  that Duarance fella kinda inconsistant.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
It was'nt TTFF that had other plans ,it was Tony Warner because at that time he was Liverpool's reserve keeper and was told big things were instore for him,if he did'nt go.
  So much for the big things ! Zamora should share stories with him.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Or, ok... sorry.. I had it wrong.

Jlloyd Samuel, Bobby Zamora, Russell Latapy and Anthony Warner all diss T&T.... hhmmm.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 06:13:56 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Boy we need to consult with the head man of TTFF scouting; all the man has to do is go up to these palyers and ask:

YUH have Trini blood? yuh father is Trini? yuh mom is Trini?; Good yuh  could come and play fuh we.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
well albertatrini imagine if the trinidad and tobago  government use to give citizenship through grandparents also!! then you would ah see elligible players
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Why are we digging up players from all over the place to come and represent us?if these know they have Trini blood or what ever you want to call it,it's their right to want to play for us,why are we begging these guys or going and look for them,i was fortunate to have played for T&T at a time when there were no foreign players on the team,and i can tell you if i am around as a player in the situation as it is today i would quit,it's not encourageing for any local player to do their best, they not going to make it why make the effort.
   I understand both sides of the Latapy issue and i can assure you there are a lot of footballers in our country wish they could stand up talk the way Latapy,Yorke,Nakid and Shaka can but they are too small,you can't play with your heart when you are not appreciated,try having personal interviews with some of these players and you will realize what i'm talking about,no one will walk away from a good thing there are reasons for what ever goes on.
    Marlon Morris have a little book he wrote on the history of the Strike Squad,i don't how many of you have read it but it tells you everything that went on with that team from day to day,the good and the bad,what they should have done to what they should not have,there are a lot of lessons we suppose to have learned but we are just repeating the same mistakes.       

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
tony warner is at cardiff city
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 12:22:32 PM »
http://www.4thegame.com/club/cardiff-city-fc/player-profile/5398/tonywarner.html

he started in 30 games in the champoinship season for them last year!, i wonder if he is still willing to play for trinidad and more importantly if we are willing to play him!

He moved to cardiff city when his contract at millwall expired and attracted interest from other clubs such has stoke city and wolves

I hope the TTFF didnt burn this bridge!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 12:27:40 PM by andre samuel »
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: tony warner is at cardiff city
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 12:48:39 PM »
http://hem.passagen.se/thap6478/warner.htm

This is Tony Warner when he was at Liverpool.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005, 02:59:06 PM »
Ah wonder if they're make a push for him when the team's in England seeing that Ince give us a real jerry dey.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2005, 03:19:57 PM »
But would Warner want to commit to us if he's not guaranteed to start?  I rather give Jack an extensive run in the team as first choice keeper- he should improve with the experience and match practice much like Ince did.
If something happen to Jack send an SOS for Shaka - Duarance not ready at this level yet.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2005, 03:21:35 PM »
Don't get too caught up with Tony Warner.....he had a fairly poor season this year and lost his place for two extended periods this season to the reserve Alexander.  For me, he is well past his best which reached its height when he went on loan to Celtic while still at Liverpool. That was a number of years ago. He is competent..nothing more, Shaka is better (much better), Ince was also better....as I've only seen Jack get injured and play in goal for about 50 mins I can't judge him. If I was Beenie and felt desperate, I would assess him first in more than one friendly as the man's confidence can't be too high after the past season.

As fuh his link with the strike squad...he stated his availability if I remember correctly but the T&T press at the time said he was talked out of it by the Liverpool staff, threatened with losing his place in the Liverpool squad most likely. As far as I am aware (UK rumours this), he never followed up on his eiligibility again as he did'nt think he would get a starting oppertunity.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2005, 03:22:54 PM »
I rather give Jack an extensive run in the team as first choice keeper- he should improve with the experience and match practice much like Ince did.

This is World Cup Qualifiers bossman.  leh men get "experience" any other time of the football calender.  Now is time to put yuh best 11 out dey.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kelvin Jack & Daurance
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2005, 03:30:15 PM »
I rather give Jack an extensive run in the team as first choice keeper- he should improve with the experience and match practice much like Ince did.
If something happen to Jack send an SOS for Shaka - Duarance not ready at this level yet.

De fact is, both Jack and Daurance are unproven at dis level. Dey do not differ much in overall caps earned. Jack has de edge in WCQ (he has played in 3 and Daurance has only played in 1).
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2005, 03:30:32 PM »
I meant use the Unity Cup, Gold Cup and any other friendlies that we may have to give Jack some experience before the next USA match.  If he can't make Shaka should be ready to join back in by August.

It's too late to draft in anyone else for this next Mexico match.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2005, 04:46:09 PM »
Tony Warner is past his best.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tony Warner
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2005, 02:07:48 AM »
Don't know if you guys noticed but Warner went on a free to Fulham in the preseason (apparently he was given a 6 month contract). I thought it would just be as a reserve, as I am sure he has never started in the top division (in England) in his entire career.  Anyway he started against Birmingham yesterday and put in a competent display, acquiring, as Americans say 'a shutout'. Wonder if he still interested in playing fuh T&T?

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Tony Warner
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2005, 07:19:04 AM »
I along with patriot mentioned him to lincoln two months ago and he asked me for de club that he plays for.  He took the information and dat was dat.  I eh hear nothing else after that!

If he only come on board, then ince could haul he arse!...just kidding!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tony Warner
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2005, 11:30:05 PM »
Did any of you see his mistke in the Carling Cup? rel chupid

1]; } ?>