Ah want tuh yes but iz really NO
1 (2%)
Not Dedicated enough
0 (0%)
I juss want tuh post all day
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: January 24, 2006, 01:32:15 PM

Author Topic: Soca Warriors Supporters Club  (Read 7592 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Soca Warriors Supporters Club
« on: August 23, 2005, 03:41:14 PM »
Socawarriors fan club when I say fan club I mean we should be more organize when we play games at home and in the US where we have most of the socawarriors forumites  the next time we play in the us we should be able to buy on a section and all the forumites meet with a radium section the reason for this was we had a lot a Trinis at the last game but we were spread out, we need to do it like Sam’s Army they stayed on there feet for the whole match chanting for the US   
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 03:57:16 PM by Tallman »
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors Supporters Club
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 03:56:57 PM »
The concept of the Soca Warriors Supporters Club has been discussed before, but in typical fashion, nothing ever came of it. To make it happen, we would need a few honest and reliable people to function in different capacities (Treasurer, Secretary etc.). It should be incorporated as a non-profit organization in order fuh people to take us seriously. Basically, it has to be done right, no ratchifee, no half-ass kinda ting.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 04:03:19 PM »
Tallman I know what you talking about it have a set ah men that does bump there gum about I go do this and go do that and when it comes time they disappear like the wind but it’s a go idea may be one day.
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 05:26:41 PM »
Tallman I know what you talking about it have a set ah men that does bump there gum about I go do this and go do that and when it comes time they disappear like the wind but it’s a go idea may be one day.

The man tear his achilles....go easy nah   ;D

I notice that same spread out thing.  People only meeting up by chance.

What if u do it through the TTFF?  They supposed to have some kinda fan club they was trying to do where you get some card that give u discounts to pro League games....they had some other stuff.  But the main thing is that they had one fellah in charge of organizing things.
Somebody like that might be able to deal with the TTFF and organize a block of tickets people cud buy through that office.
They have things at their disposal we should have access to.  Autograph sessions with players....I doh know..whatever else.
But the main thing is using that guy since he working on that already in that office.

Just hadda make sure they know what the fan club about....socawarriors.net

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 02:22:50 PM »
This raises something that a few men were discussing in the chat room last night.

A Supporters Association

Just like you see with the English clubs, we can probably also start up a Supporters Association.  The hard work has already been done I figure by Tallman and Flex by starting and growing this community from scratch.

We could set a Charter, establish some goals and keep the thing flowing nice.

What people think?  I would especially like to hear Tallman and Flex's views.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 04:35:02 PM by Tallman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 02:43:21 PM »
This raises something that a few men were discussing in the chat room last night.

A Supporters Association

Just like you see with the English clubs, we can probably also start up a Supporters Association.  The hard work has already been done I figure by Tallman and Flex by starting and growing this community from scratch.

We could set a Charter, establish some goals and keep the thing flowing nice.

What people think?  I would especially like to hear Tallman and Flex's views.

As I said before, de idea has been discussed fuh years. Since de last WCQ campaign (or before) vb had ah blueprint. Too many men bumping dey gum and nobody stepping up. Last year after talking wit Flex, I filled out a form to incorporate the Soca Warriors Supporters Club, but I never submitted it because I felt it didn't make any sense to proceed unless we had three or four individuals for the various roles. In any event, it is something that I would like to see get off the ground at some point, but it takes commitment.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 04:35:11 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2005, 03:24:23 PM »
Ok, lets do this the proper way.
First question - Is there even anything like AN OFFICAL SUPPORTERS CLUB?
If so, what is the criteria to make a club official?
Some group of fellas liming on the road could just make up a name and call themselves the official club.

By exploring some of these questions, Flexos and Tallman will have to start thinking of our membership, and will it jus be a sign up thing or more than that?
We hadda establish some criteria and official structure (President, Secretary etc etc).
Then we will have to decide how the membership thing run, whether it is a token fee, free, etc etc.
Then once we have that, just supposing we become the official supporters club, what does that mean for us in terms of the future?

Over the years plenty people have toyed with the idea of T-shirts, assebmlages, etc etc, but I think up to now, over the last 5-6 years, we have maintained just an informal thing between members, and by virtue of effort and rank, people llike Flex, Tallman, Patriot et al have some very good links with the TTFF and company. But I think that is it.

'Ites, regardless of whether we make it or not (what a stupid question), we should use this opportunity and momentum to do something formal concenring the Socawarriors Online Club.
We even start getting interview and thing on tv, and more and more people are recognising it.
I think the ball is in Flex or Tallman court.
Where do we go from here.
This entire thing, if done correctly, can be sustainable and run like a good business and compliment to the TTFF.
We have lots of die hards here and willing men I sure could make it happen.
Flex - whats our status?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 04:35:25 PM by Tallman »

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2005, 03:35:49 PM »
good points Trini  :beermug:

we could make this happen..i know i new and i sure various people discuss the forming of a supporters group many times before..but now is the time to get it rolling with we on the verge of our historic qualifaication to Germany.

I would like to volunteer myself to serve in whatever capacity I'm asked to contribute.

Winter coming up now so i'll be indoors basically for the next 6-7 months.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 04:35:34 PM by Tallman »
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2005, 03:44:09 PM »
Winter coming up now so i'll be indoors basically for the next 6-7 months.
LOL
Minesotta that bad?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 04:35:42 PM by Tallman »

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2005, 04:06:22 PM »
LOL
Minesotta that bad?

nah it ent really that 'bad' lol..look at it this way..it much safer indoors with all them morons speeding round on the icy roads..snowmobiles is death too..the only other thing going on round here is midnight bowling lol
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 04:35:52 PM by Tallman »
Feliz

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2005, 04:47:54 PM »
If this Soca Warriors Supporters Club discussion leads to something concrete being setup allyuh could expect my assistance in whatever way I can.  Admittedly I am a lazy kinda fella but when I choose to help out I am usually good for something.  If I take one something with too much responsibility ah might get ban from the forum so ah cant risk that...Maybe I can be one of the South Florida reps.  I will keep my eye on this thread to see where I can fit in.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2005, 05:25:29 PM »
north florida/military/morvant rep :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2005, 05:37:20 PM »
ah go handle the Upper Midwest region..is only a few of we round here and ah sure Preacher go help too  :beermug:

my skills are organising ability and logistics..also ah know some tech stuff.
well and Preacher is a man of God and also a performing artiste plus audio/video man.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 05:47:01 PM by Feliziano »
Feliz

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2005, 07:12:13 PM »
It might make sense when it comes to world cup tickets through the ttff, and ease some people when it comes to getting a chance to buy tix to home games before they sell out. but the idea takes a lot of commitment.
Hart for president

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2005, 07:17:33 PM »
Sounds like a good idea if there really exist a blueprint.  I will help if there are few serious individuals involved..I don't have time for gum bumpers.

Tallman,
I will pm u and VB to get some info regarding the VB's blueprint.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 02:35:46 PM by real madness »

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2005, 08:28:49 PM »
Count me in. could help on legal side in U.S.

Offline troy piloy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2005, 06:06:10 AM »
I think we have a start with the local "Die Hard Forumites" for the last to games we link and lime in the same spot we even organise to meet and watch the games it is a start but we can maybe try and do something serious like t-shirts and a flag.
Tallman u were there at the last game and see the vibes. Local crew what allya think ???
Troy 8)
Senior Advisor to AWATT's Intelligence Unit

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2005, 09:47:00 AM »
Ok, again, lets do this the proper way and give it another try.
Tallman - You be the liason for now ok, if thats ok.
How about everyone who is interested in taking this this to the next level, and when I say that I mean we getting serious now, in terms of roles and responsibility, and taking up the challenge, allyuh pm Tallman.
How that sound?
Tallman u ok with that? then we will see who we have, ie a list of names and the numbers.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2005, 11:59:38 AM »
okay.. I am willing to contribute...

Couple thinks we need to start thinking about first:

1. Official name of fan club.
      This can be done by suggestions and then we can do a pole(democratic process) when we break down the list

2. Structure
       President, VP, treasurer, regional co-ordinators

3. Mission Statement

4. Fan club qualification
     This may be a function of years registered with the socawarriors site, level of participation, what you can bring to the table to furhter   the development of the fan club.

Let me know what you guys think.

Warrior For Life !!

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2005, 12:06:06 PM »
Im not sure whats in the blueprint, but do we possibly need to approach the TTFF with this to be 'Official'? or is this going to be an independant club? either way is cool with me, just dont want us to run into any issues with names and logos and liscensing etc...

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2005, 12:09:04 PM »
I am supportive of being involved and would be willing to assist in a start up.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2005, 12:32:05 PM »
if allyuh have a blueprint maybe it should be posted so we can scope it out.
by the way..are we looking at a "Trini Posse" style kinda club as they have for cricket where i belive its just bout feteing and entertainment at games?
Or like an English football team Supporters Club where members are registered and could get merchandise and tickets etc cheaper and before they are made available to the general public, first to hear team news, members competitions, etc?
Feliz

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2005, 01:18:58 PM »
Dee topic of ah supporters association was also brought up by NC some time ago. I still tink it is a good idea and ah willing to support it. It might be ah good idea to take dee suggestions from all deez sources and consolidate into one association to support dee development of dee sport in TT. Starting wit support for dee TTFF, secondary school football and dee PFL. We cud setup ah website for dis association and even drum up money by sponsoring fettes.

What allyuh tink?

TrinInfinite

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2005, 01:28:40 PM »
benefit fetes for de launch of de supporters club, you can also do this in diff countries with people dat can b trusted, hol an event and raise money, all de money raised will go back to de central admin office where it will b put towards de club and distributed evenly for enhancement of flex website and also t-shirts and so on, any admin costs and actual promotion and event organization, dis could only wuk if people honest, next ting man make money from an event abroad and send money 2 a central network and money missin and people wouldnt know coz dey not dey.

but its a good idea, have diff events in diff countries, one in new york, one in toronto, florida, england, trini and den pool de resources and start de supporters club, money will go 2 admin, website, promotion, advertising, and other events 2 grow de supporters club, have a launch

TrinInfinite

Who will support and contribute their time and money to de supporters club?
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2005, 01:32:15 PM »
put your money where yuh mouth is, represent your region and be a soca warriors rep, wha yuh say :beermug:

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Count me in for the London branch

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2005, 02:28:54 PM »
Ok, so so far I hearing the following being interested in taking it to the next level and DIRECTLY saying that they willing to participate:

Feliziano
trinbago
Trini

Lets get this list going with serious men and do it one step at a time.
Please feel free to join this list, I hope it grows.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
yeah i done say i in.. i have some time and could contribute  :beermug:
Midwest region.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 02:54:00 PM by Feliziano »
Feliz

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
i have both time and limited funds i am willing to contribute to the cause
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline ladywarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
I am in Miami. I'd be happy to come on Board and I have a few co-horts that I can  bring on with me! Are you talking about a membership fee? How much and what would that entail?
Interested Miami folks should email me and we could start getting together. I am working on making sure we have a Big South Florida Lime for the Nov. 12 game!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 02:44:12 PM by ladywarrior »
The only thing to fear is fear itself.

1]; } ?>