April 26, 2024, 04:45:11 PM

Author Topic: Should Jack Warner get the Trinity Cross?  (Read 27469 times)

truetrini

Re: Should Jack Warner get the Trinity Cross?
« Reply #150 on: November 21, 2005, 01:05:47 PM »
My lil 2 cents..not trying to get involved in that war.

1) Jack warner deserve an award for all he has done for TnT football.  He has spent a lot of money when no one else was willing to do so.  However, I don't think he should get the trinity cross. If anybody should get it is the team.  One can argue about all JW has done especially getting the half-spot and the money he spent but he did not kick a ball.

2) Jw is a business man.  I am not doubting his efforts or his love for TNT football but he is also doing it for himself.  I have followed JW for over 20 years and he is not the fairy godfather that some people think he is.  I expect JW to run for FIFA president and that is not possible if we never make ah World Cup (my humble opinion).  So trying his best to ensure we qualify benefits the country, the team and of course himself.  He is more an astute businessman than a fairy godfather.

3) However, if JW is awarded the Trinity Cross, I would not be upset once the team gets it as well.

I agree!

No Trinity Cross a smaller token of appreciation for his contribution!

Jack has done uch and I reiterate, he exudes pure class at times. but he has done much to destry football in T&T.  He is at best an anomoly.  Saint and sinner often at the same time.

truetrini

Rotato Poti..read this and get an understanding..note the dates of the posts dem
« Reply #151 on: November 21, 2005, 01:13:21 PM »
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221754

and also here

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232966

so be careful when yuh call me ah innuendo man and ah hater!

Ok youth...by de way I is ah married man with chirren...me eh have to jock!

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rotato Poti..read this and get an understanding..note the dates of the posts
« Reply #152 on: November 21, 2005, 01:17:54 PM »
Truetrini very interesting post..I think that both sides in the argument yesterday got a little carried away trying to get their point across and a lot of personal bashing occurred which wasnt required.
But nuff respect to u trini very interesting thread to read...U handled it quite fairly
Back in Trini...

MickeyRat

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221754

and also here

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232966

so be careful when yuh call me ah innuendo man and ah hater!

Ok youth...by de way I is ah married man with chirren...me eh have to jock!

All-yuh men does cuff real hard boy!
Yuh break him from ah Rotato Poti to ah Aloo Pie :duel:

truetrini

he is ah half barra now..he too damn rude.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
As I said before. i give credit where credit is due......

Nuff respect truetrini  !!!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
By de time yuh finish he go be a puloree.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

MickeyRat

By de time yuh finish he go be a puloree.

:rotfl:

truetrini

or ah channa

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Congrats on reaching 1000 posts.

truetrini

Congrats on reaching 1000 posts.

Thanks me eh notice nah...lol

yuh like shit eh boy.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
And Jack says.......
« Reply #162 on: November 21, 2005, 01:57:07 PM »
Article - EXCLUSIVE Jack Warner Interview Part 6
by Andre Baptiste

Posted by Andrebaptiste.com on February 21, 2005 at 14:17:26:
:
:
:
AB: Should Jack Warner get a National Award?

JW: Jack Warner should possibly get one, but he does not want one. In 1989 we lost qualifications with one point. In 1990, the then president Hassanali, invited the then strike squad and gave them all a medal of merit. He did not invite me, I have never seen a medal to this day. Fifteen years now and I have never seen a medal been given to the team. I also do not want to be seen that what I am doing for sports in this country is because I want some award.

AB: Have they ever asked you?

JW: Mr. Panday asked me several times during his time and on each occasion he asked I told him no.

AB: DO you believe in time that you might regret that?

JW: I don’t think so. I came in this world with nothing. I understand poverty and when I leave here I will leave with nothing. I will maybe leave with a good name or a bad name, but I will also leave with a legacy in sport. What is important to me is the example I would have set. The legacy I would have left in terms of facilities.
:
:
:
==============================
Copyright 2005 Andre Errol Baptiste

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 21, 2005, 02:06:35 PM »
FATZ and truetrini...in all seriuosness ....lets cool it nah man and get back to the reason why we all here on the forum......FATZ as ah say in the begining...you have written some good articles which I commended you on....if there was something I disagreed with...I called you on it like a gentleman..... but you proceeded to get personal as well as foul in the language you posted and make self egotistical threats. Lets get back to the real discussion...we have a common goal....let TNT football do well..

Also we could agree to disagree...you think Warner should NOT get the award  and I think he should be serioulsy considered for it.... END OF STORY

After all ....we are not communists!!

Yuh now decided to call me by my real sobriquet, i respect and peecong is peecong, some can take it and others can't, i will give and keep giving because i could take much but that poti wanted to get all political and shit and although the facts of the matter were hitting him from all over he still didn'tsee it but that's another story. Big up truetrini and all the rest of T&T supporters.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #164 on: November 21, 2005, 02:10:30 PM »
at the end of the day Jack Warner would have done more for TT Football that you, me or anyone else ever did.
You can't take that away from him

While you may seek to discredit his contributions to the sport ... because of whatever your agenda may be ... political or otherwise, you will still be celebrating qualification - a qualification all because of Jack.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 21, 2005, 03:05:15 PM »
Fellas, allyuh have a good case for and against Jack getting the TC.  Give Jack he jacket, Jim he jim boots and Bob he 25 cents....

Big up to Jack, if wasn't for Jack, I almost sure we wouldna reach where we reach in football today, but I want to agree more with FATZ.

The word around town is that Jack only get to be a big wig in FIFA because he sell out in '89.  He over sell tickets and give the game to the US who was hosting in '94, and it wouldna look good if they didn't qualify in '90.

Another thing is that Jack really pump a lot of money into we football, but word around town again say that FIFA does normally put up money to the regions to use at their discretion for development of the game in the region.  I hardly ever hear about Jack giving money to any of the other CONCACAF Assoc in any big way.  Added to that Fatz right, when Jack put money he does talk about that, what he doesn't say is how much he get back.  The Coal Pot was just one of the things that bring in money for Jack during the Under 17 WC.  He and his son had the catering services for all the games.  The internet kiosk at the HC Stadium was was theirs as well, and don't forget the SWAT security for all the games...who you thing own that ?

Remember Jack is the one is who say that Yorke is a scourge to the game.  How he open up he house to Yorke and he did not show appreciation.  He said that LATAPY is not patriotic that the team and country better off without the tow of them, and we could do it without both of these players.

You have to remember too that Jack have a major percentage of FIFA votes, that is why he is where he is.  I think is something like 49 votes Jack alone carrying, so when you want something pass in FIFA and you need votes, Jack is your best friend.  That is how Korea get the WC in 2002, they gave us buses and money to fix grounds all over T&T and put up pavillion, allyuh think Jack money do that.  When Africa wanted the WC they spend real money on Jack to try to sway the votes.

So it have plenty things going on under the cover that we doh hear about, that Jack taking the glory for, but you have to ask yuhself if with all ah dat he really deserve the TC.  The man is an astute business man.  With all the millions he say he put in local football, he certainly eh look like he starving.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 21, 2005, 04:21:51 PM »
Nuff people say we sell out Nov 19..well they say jack sell out..i find that hard to believe....maurice was in goal not jack warner...for us to sell out, the players would have to be involved..and I doubt that happened....too much conspiracy theory regarding Nov 19.

Offline Behbehman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TV6 asked "Should Jack get the trinity cross" what do you all think??
« Reply #167 on: November 21, 2005, 05:10:29 PM »
However, though I do not think T.C. is apt....as yet. Right now, maybe he should get the Chaconia Gold...it is still the second highest honor. If jack gets the T.C. (and I won't be mad) what about men like Latas and Yorke? T.C. for them too? They can lay as much claim to it cuz they have been through the shit. The winners I have mentioned before have done something to put Trinidad at world best status at some point or the other. Has what Jack has done akin to a Miss Universe? (seeing him in a dress would not be pretty), a test record?, National Independence and drafting of a constitution and helping to spread knowledge of a national instrument? Nah, no T.C. yet for Jack. While he has done a lot, plenty others have done a lot too...

very respectable post .. but, Dwight and Latas did "retire" from the team over personal conflicts in the past. forgiven? ... yes!! Their yoeman service to the TT football team before their transgressions cannot be forgotten.
Jack's support of this team has been unwavering.

Football, unlike any of the other sports is not an individual sport, therefore accolades are shared.
However, every team/ organisation requires a leader.
Jack was the first man to lead TT to world recognition on an International Footballing stage. He has helped spread the knowledge of Trinidad and Tobago's Football.
TTs football usually plays third fiddle ... it goes "Former Manchester United striker Dwight Yorke who plays for Trindad & Tobago" ..... from now on it will read, "Trinidad & Tobago Dwight Yorke, who once starred for Manchester United"

What Jack has done for Footballing in TT .... we will never ever see another man do!

All ah dem people who against Jack Warner getting the Trinity Cross should do ah lil introspection.  Jack was a God send to T&T.  The day Jack born he was put on a mission for T&T.  Do you know what ah "mission" is?  If not. ask the Spiritual Baptist people.  The mission is about complete...God does put people in certain places for a certain reason.  I couldn't understand why Jack leave teaching for...my mind was too small.  Jack is a man ah business, shrewd yes...buh he eh tief nutten from nobody.  T&T has made it to the World Cup and yuh think is Selwyn Cudjoe, or William Demas, or Selwyn Ryan, or Bhoe Teewarie, or Winston Dookeran, or Martin Daly, or anybody else coulda do dat on behalf of T&T?  Tell mih sah...who the hell was dey when T&T needed direction and guidance about dis whole football scenario?  It was Jack breds...ah man who does look at possibilities.  Give the man the highest honor dat T&T have to offer.  Allyuh know the rel scene about T&T ranking in the top 32 states in the kingdom of football?  Lie dong in yuh bed and tink about dat for ah whole day and see wuh yuh come up with. :applause:

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 21, 2005, 07:47:21 PM »
Well said!
Warrior For Life !!

truetrini

Re: TV6 asked "Should Jack get the trinity cross" what do you all think??
« Reply #169 on: November 21, 2005, 07:51:10 PM »
However, though I do not think T.C. is apt....as yet. Right now, maybe he should get the Chaconia Gold...it is still the second highest honor. If jack gets the T.C. (and I won't be mad) what about men like Latas and Yorke? T.C. for them too? They can lay as much claim to it cuz they have been through the shit. The winners I have mentioned before have done something to put Trinidad at world best status at some point or the other. Has what Jack has done akin to a Miss Universe? (seeing him in a dress would not be pretty), a test record?, National Independence and drafting of a constitution and helping to spread knowledge of a national instrument? Nah, no T.C. yet for Jack. While he has done a lot, plenty others have done a lot too...

Typical trini response...Jack tief, but it ok, because he act like robin hood and give we something.

fellas allyuh will never see the big picture.

T&T could have achieved this glory many times in the past with better management..but ah beating ah dead horse..becasue we have de prize in we hand we gorn blind..no horrors..it have few here more happy dan me to see we in de World Cup.

Give him de medal nah..cheapen we nation's highest honour...is jes ah medal right?
very respectable post .. but, Dwight and Latas did "retire" from the team over personal conflicts in the past. forgiven? ... yes!! Their yoeman service to the TT football team before their transgressions cannot be forgotten.
Jack's support of this team has been unwavering.

Football, unlike any of the other sports is not an individual sport, therefore accolades are shared.
However, every team/ organisation requires a leader.
Jack was the first man to lead TT to world recognition on an International Footballing stage. He has helped spread the knowledge of Trinidad and Tobago's Football.
TTs football usually plays third fiddle ... it goes "Former Manchester United striker Dwight Yorke who plays for Trindad & Tobago" ..... from now on it will read, "Trinidad & Tobago Dwight Yorke, who once starred for Manchester United"

What Jack has done for Footballing in TT .... we will never ever see another man do!

All ah dem people who against Jack Warner getting the Trinity Cross should do ah lil introspection.  Jack was a God send to T&T.  The day Jack born he was put on a mission for T&T.  Do you know what ah "mission" is?  If not. ask the Spiritual Baptist people.  The mission is about complete...God does put people in certain places for a certain reason.  I couldn't understand why Jack leave teaching for...my mind was too small.  Jack is a man ah business, shrewd yes...buh he eh tief nutten from nobody.  T&T has made it to the World Cup and yuh think is Selwyn Cudjoe, or William Demas, or Selwyn Ryan, or Bhoe Teewarie, or Winston Dookeran, or Martin Daly, or anybody else coulda do dat on behalf of T&T?  Tell mih sah...who the hell was dey when T&T needed direction and guidance about dis whole football scenario?  It was Jack breds...ah man who does look at possibilities.  Give the man the highest honor dat T&T have to offer.  Allyuh know the rel scene about T&T ranking in the top 32 states in the kingdom of football?  Lie dong in yuh bed and tink about dat for ah whole day and see wuh yuh come up with. :applause:

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #170 on: December 03, 2005, 11:45:14 PM »
Trinidad & Tobago Newsday
Sunday 4th December 2005
Playing the waiting game

THE EDITOR: I have waited several days for a public call for the conferring of the nation’s highest award to Austin Jack Warner. I now want sincerely to make that call and hope that it receives an outpouring of public support.

This letter in itself demonstrates the value of sports to national unity, as the sporting fraternity will recognise. The Government might not consider such action to be politically prudent but it is certainly morally right, just and deserving.

ALLOY R LEQUAY

Preysal Couva

truetrini

« Reply #171 on: December 04, 2005, 12:17:11 AM »
yuh bring up dis again?

give it to de man.

steups
as soon as we get de real figures fuh de tv rights

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 04, 2005, 02:21:57 AM »

1) Jack warner deserve an award for all he has done for TnT football.  He has spent a lot of money when no one else was willing to do so.  However, I don't think he should get the trinity cross. If anybody should get it is the team.  One can argue about all JW has done especially getting the half-spot and the money he spent but he did not kick a ball.

2) Jw is a business man.  I am not doubting his efforts or his love for TNT football but he is also doing it for himself.  I have followed JW for over 20 years and he is not the fairy godfather that some people think he is.  I expect JW to run for FIFA president and that is not possible if we never make ah World Cup (my humble opinion).  So trying his best to ensure we qualify benefits the country, the team and of course himself.  He is more an astute businessman than a fairy godfather.

3) However, if JW is awarded the Trinity Cross, I would not be upset once the team gets it as well.

I agree!

Jack has done uch and I reiterate, he exudes pure class at times. but he has done much to destry football in T&T.  He is at best an anomoly.  Saint and sinner often at the same time.

That was a pretty fair post and some good points made, hats off to allyuh fellas.

I'm still glad that JW stepped in and funded the team...no matter when nobody else did. Look at d WI cricket team now and d trouble dey having over money and sponsors. I would rather one man or corporation fund we team to cut out dat kinda commess...yuh coulda imagine some of we best players not wanting to represent d country cause we cyah pay medical if dey get injured or plane ticket or even match fees?

All and all...if somebody like Duprey had done d same we probably wouldn't be here talking about this now. Another CONCACAF president woulda probably fought for d extra places also, is only a logical step to stay in power. More so if he's from a country which never made d WC. Jack found an opening and took it, he getting some recognition but I doh think he deserve d TC.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #173 on: December 04, 2005, 02:40:44 AM »
yuh bring up dis again?

I don't care what they do.

I just notice it was signed by an Alloy Lequay.....cah tell if the cricket man JW was sparring with awhile back.

Papers cud just be playing on names.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 04, 2005, 11:18:08 AM »
yuh bring up dis again?

give it to de man.

steups
as soon as we get de real figures fuh de tv rights

me and you both

i wah see ah breakedown ah the bahrain home game too
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

truetrini

« Reply #175 on: December 04, 2005, 11:28:31 AM »

I agree!

That was a pretty fair post and some good points made, hats off to allyuh fellas.

I'm still glad that JW stepped in and funded the team...no matter when nobody else did. Look at d WI cricket team now and d trouble dey having over money and sponsors. I would rather one man or corporation fund we team to cut out dat kinda commess...yuh coulda imagine some of we best players not wanting to represent d country cause we cyah pay medical if dey get injured or plane ticket or even match fees?

All and all...if somebody like Duprey had done d same we probably wouldn't be here talking about this now. Another CONCACAF president woulda probably fought for d extra places also, is only a logical step to stay in power. More so if he's from a country which never made d WC. Jack found an opening and took it, he getting some recognition but I doh think he deserve d TC.

it is de same ineptitude that has West Indies Cricket in trouble as T&T football!

I cannot agree with you when you say you would rather one man or one corporation sponsor de National Team.

dat creates too much trouble.

The West Indies debacle woth Digicel and Cable and Wireless is a different kettle of fish.

with regards to football, we need to do things the right way, TRANSPARENCY is the way to go!

Once this is accomplished..and the programs put in place, the teams will do better, more peole will turn out for games and the sponsors will be knocking down the doors to participate.

If de fans dey den de sponsors looking at fans dollars will line up.

Dat is why we having so many problems now.

bad administration+ poor development +bad results, no fans=no money!

truetrini

« Reply #176 on: January 04, 2006, 01:19:49 AM »
So who still feel dat Jack should get de Trinity Cross?

Ah have all de names who say dat he should get it..ah waiting tuh see who change dey mind now??????????

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 04, 2006, 01:38:57 AM »
TRUTRINI for TRINITY Cross.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
 :applause:...... :notworthy:..... :violin:
Ah say it, how ah see it

truetrini

« Reply #178 on: January 04, 2006, 01:40:14 AM »
TRUTRINI for TRINITY Cross.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
 :applause:...... :notworthy:..... :violin:

If manure were music, you'd be a brass band.

I have ah Trinity Cross..remember is 5 years ah attended school dey.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 04, 2006, 01:46:46 AM »
Boy ah want to be in your BrassBand ..but you is D no#1 Scout....so I go just blow :party:
Ah say it, how ah see it

1]; } ?>