April 28, 2024, 10:05:54 PM

Author Topic: Digicel Thread  (Read 9870 times)

Offline firebun

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Digicel Thread
« on: November 29, 2005, 05:26:44 AM »
Who switching to Digicel???
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 06:56:08 AM by Tallman »

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Are you making d switch?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 05:31:37 AM »
ME
I hate TSTT with ah passion

Més que un club.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 05:33:58 AM »
digicel? that is a new football boots ?
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 05:36:35 AM »
Posted by: Disgruntled_Trini  

ME

Like yuh eh fraid SPALK or wha ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 05:39:15 AM »
Not me.. I will stick wid mih TSTT oui.. Doh mind is not service from time to time, an I does be cussin... I guh keep dem its the T&T way...
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline firebun

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Are you making d switch from TSTT to Digicel?
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 10:07:25 AM »
TSTT all d way, dey treated me good all these years.  they better don't stop now!  d only way i will switch is if Digicel send mih 2 Germany! ::)

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 11:00:17 PM »
just depends on what they offering man

but i think i goin to digicel. tstt givin real hell these days man..

Offline naps_girl_7

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 04:17:29 PM »
TSTT jus plain incompetent man. >:(
T&T... WE WANT AH GOAL!!!

Offline Lil Jodie P

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 09:34:06 PM »
TSTT...i will be loyal to my country! support your own is what i was taught so i will keep my tstt.
FOREVER AND ALWAYS "Little Jodie P" :)

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2005, 09:38:42 PM »
I ent home but i could understand d no signal business...had to switch cell companies up here about 3 times till i get one dat had ok signal.

Digicel f*ck up cricket...i biased because of dat.

Offline *~*steph*~*

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2005, 03:36:45 PM »
TSTT. digicel would be good for the first month then they end up worst than tstt.yea and they did mess up our cricket.all i kno is TSTT ALL THE WAY!!
NaPaRiMa FoR lYfE !!bUn DeM pReZ mEn

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2006, 04:05:21 PM »

Trinidad Express
Wednesday, July 19th 2006
A cell tower with a difference

Digicel CEO Stephen Brewer, left, stands in front of Palm Tree Cell Tower. Looking on is Frank Nugent of Digicel.

Trinidad and Tobago has been given a taste of what the future holds for Cell Tower Design. "Digicel is pleased to bring the latest innovation in cell tower design to this country" says Digicel CEO, Stephen Brewer.

In keeping with its track record in the industry, the mobile telecommunications company is again leading the way, this time with the future of cell tower design. During a tour of the area where the environmentally friendly cell tower is to be permanently erected, Brewer explained, "the prototype takes on the appearance of a palm tree and blends in perfectly with a Caribbean landscape."

He also took the opportunity to point out once again that Digicel is abiding by the guidelines set out by Town and Country Planning Division. He went on to say that "the company's cell towers are in keeping with internationally recognised design specifications which assure that the health and safety of the public is never at risk." Brewer recently engaged in a symbolic tree planting at King George V Park and the company will soon embark on a similar project in the Piccadilly Greens. He pointed out that, "Digicel has always been an environmentally conscious company."

In Jamaica Digicel is one of the major players in the restoration of the Hope Botanical Gardens.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 04:17:46 PM »
TSTT...i will be loyal to my country! support your own is what i was taught so i will keep my tstt.
jodie tstt only partially owned by de government eh....cable and wireless...is de owners
and as for digicell well u knwow hat i not in trini but if i was..lol is who giving better service......it eh make sens eu ahve ah cell fone and certina places u cyah get reception imagien somebody foolwoign or tryign to kednap u and u eh getting no service...if dta happen dey ass go get sued..well if it was  de in states..but i digress... ;D
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2006, 05:42:19 PM »
If i was in still in Trinidad i would have gone with any competition vs TSTT, WASA,TTEC

Before dey days of competition when those 3 start bussing bill in ya tail, and half of dey time you ain't even know who living in Zambia, but it have ah 20 minute call on dey bill, you ain't know who use up all dat water in ah month especially when ya was on vacation during dat month, and doh start meh with dey light bill....sometimes ya wonder if ya paying for dey neighbour bill too.

With TSTT, all of ah sudden the price of overseas gone down tur freee on weekends, all of ah sudden people living behind god back have 4 phone in dey house plus 3 cell phone, one seta specials per week. People who waiting on phone for 5 years get it in 1 week. Internet that taking 2 months before it coulda activate now taking half ah hour. All of these changes happened in the space of 1 year, when Digicel and Laptel decide to enter the communication world in trinidad and tobago WHY ?

It is because of competition ?

So does this mean that it takes outsiders to bring out the best in us ?
What does that say about us.  Isn't we suppose to take care of US ?

If datz dey case, bring in dey CIA vs CID, Walmart vs Pricesmart, New York Fire Dept vs Wrightson, Tunapuna, Sando, Arima Fire Services....ah friad to touch dey police service yes, but Bertha and dey Maco bridge vs any police station in TNT

steups
Give me dey competitors yes....
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 05:45:17 PM by TriniCana »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2006, 06:16:35 PM »
na cana internet service in trini inna mess.. ppl does hadda wait 3-4 weeks...to get back service and it always breakign down...steups...tstt mudda neck.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2006, 06:27:31 PM »
na cana internet service in trini inna mess.. ppl does hadda wait 3-4 weeks...to get back service and it always breakign down...steups...tstt mudda neck.

Dial up is de worseeee.

Dey supposed to be getting competition from Green Dot, Flow (CCTT) and I think Direct TV for broadband.
It still damn expensive though ($400 last time I check)
Direct TV probably the only ones who wouldn't have to go through TSTT to reach the "outsode world" in the end so I eh really know if is true competition.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2006, 06:45:15 PM »

Dial up is de worseeee.

Dey supposed to be getting competition from Green Dot, Flow (CCTT) and I think Direct TV for broadband.
It still damn expensive though ($400 last time I check)
Direct TV probably the only ones who wouldn't have to go through TSTT to reach the "outsode world" in the end so I eh really know if is true competition.

and dcs i bet you that as soon as those other internet competitors come on stream, TSTT internet go be bestest ting dat ever happen. Infact dey go be better dan Verzion (who ah hear is dey best in service) doh know if dat true, but ya get meh jiff

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2006, 09:25:52 PM »
I don't what you all are taking about (or i'm just biased) :

We pay $250 a month for tstt broadband (with smartchoice) 256 down , 64 UP.
We pay $250 a month for the TSTT wireless broadband , which is a quite convenient ,  a little faster than the land line too..for now.
The only problem with tstt is the cell...for now i will just have a sim card inmeh phone (TSTT) and a sim in meh wallet (Digicel).
Glory Glory Man Utd !

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2006, 09:48:25 PM »
We pay $250 a month for tstt broadband (with smartchoice) 256 down , 64 UP.
We pay $250 a month for the TSTT wireless broadband , which is a quite convenient ,  a little faster than the land line too..for now.

dookie how long has it been $250   :waiting:...and I assuming that isn't a corporate rate.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2006, 10:08:38 PM »

On TSTT website I seeing $250 for smart choice (Fixed Line services ONLY)
With that package you getting up to a 20% discount on Broadband.
And they list the broadband as $460 a month for 256k down, 64k up
Is $400 if u sign up for 3 years. And I suppose $320 if you have smartchoice.

So u basically giving them $570 a month for phone and internet.

http://tstt.co.tt/personal/products/smart_choice_packages.cfm

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2006, 05:37:19 AM »

dey right to call dat plan "smart choice" steups
570$ dat is alot of money dooks

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2006, 07:02:00 AM »
it only makes sense to change to digicel if the majoirty ah people yuh does call is digicel...the only thing better is the reception.

ah go stick with TSTT fuh now as ah does be walkin round wid 2 phone already....soon as ah get ah dual sim card adapter ah go get ah digicel sim card...2 lines....2 phones...ting go be nice....

an ah waiting patiently fuh tstt wireless broadband....ting wukkin nice nice...yuh gyul was blinging one fuh about ah week...

as it is now TSTT dsl is bout 400 per mth plus installation...they go hadda drop that price though..

cause the Wireless broadband is 500 ah mth and 1600 fuh d card (corporate)...when they bringing that residential it go hadda drop to compete with DSL and since it have d wireless attraction it should be more exp...

P.S. - forget smart choice.......
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2006, 07:44:35 AM »

What is the fastest service you can get at a reasonable price down there right now?
In NY to compare you get 20Mbps down/2Mbps up for $44.95. If you are in an area with Verizon Fios (fiber to home) you get a 15Mbps/2Mbps for the same price.  Cablevision used to be 10Mb but they doubled it after competition from Fios started up.

Where I'm moving to in Mtn. View Google has a free wireless 1Mb up and down wireless network set up which will be nice.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 07:50:24 AM by e-man »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2006, 05:14:08 PM »
Where I'm moving to in Mtn. View Google has a free wireless 1Mb up and down wireless network set up which will be nice.

Wha yuh say?  Free?

How big is this coverage area and why exactly is it free?  They planning on expanding?

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2006, 11:01:55 AM »

Wha yuh say?  Free?

How big is this coverage area and why exactly is it free?  They planning on expanding?

No real word on if they are expanding it yet. Mtn. View is Google's HQ so they offered it to the city. They are also doing something in San Fran.
See here:

http://wifi.google.com/faq.html

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2006, 08:00:25 AM »
$570 !!!

As far as I know , I doh pay that...but stilll...weeey...

When is the internet competition suppose to come in ?
Glory Glory Man Utd !

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2006, 08:55:34 PM »
i hear everybody down to little chirren in T&T have cellphone, that is true?

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2007, 11:17:53 PM »

TSTT takes my patriotism beyond the boundary
Raffique Shah
Trinidad Guardian
Sunday, June 24th 2007

MY patriotism has finally been pushed beyond the boundary. I, who withstood BWIA for decades, but who remained faithful in spite of the delays, the no-information available, all the little things that counted with paying passengers, but seemed to elude the airline's well-paid staff, stuck with BeeWee to its inglorious end. In banking, whatever pennies I have worked hard for have been stored for usage in a local bank (and its predecessor institutions).

When the latter went belly-up, I lost nothing, such was my pittance. I guess if I were a millionaire, I would have been looking for maximum returns and gone elsewhere. I have weathered the vagaries of T&TEC, whose service has improved considerably, I should add. And I still wear my West Indies cricket badges plastered all over my body, although too often I am driven to the point where I feel like wielding a Clive Lloyd-size bat on those players who could make a clown cry in frustration.

It is TSTT, though, that pushed me over the boundary-cliff it erected for patriots and fools like me. TSTT has always been a pain-in-the-tail; remember Penguin's "Telco Poops"? Remember when the late Dr Eric Williams vowed to "throw the damn phone in the Gulf (of Paria)"? Eventually, at great cost to the public purse, its systems were upgraded and land line home phones became available to most people. Even so, while the world of telecommunications was undergoing exciting changes, like the shift from analog to digital signals, and as wireless services became standard, we remained stuck here trying to get a dial tone on some archaic receiver.

When mobile (or cellular) phones made their debut, changing for all time the way we communicate, TSTT saw an opportunity to gouge out the pockets of those who wanted to stay in tune with technology. Again, consumers will remember when those who went mobile had to pay TSTT for calls made and received! At some point people realised they were being taken for an ultra-expensive ride, and after much grumbling and protests, charges were assigned only to the caller. But they were still higher than anywhere else in the world. It was as if instant orgasms or gourmet dishes went with mobile usage.

The masses, now hooked on the cellphone, could not wait for "de competition" to come. When Digicel finally started operations, TSTT's mobile prices fell like rotten bananas. One wondered why it took a competitor to force TSTT to lower its prices. What that signalled to me was that all along the local company was fleecing its captive customers, making huge profits on the basis of a monopoly. But being patriotic and stupid, I stuck with TSTT. Its rates went down some, but its service remains as primitive as ever. Dropped calls are the norm: one invariably ends up speaking with oneself several times a day. Every day. I still don't know if that happens with "the other network", but I may soon find out.

What finally broke my spirit was the uncaring attitude of the telecommunications company towards its captive land line customers. As can well be imagined I, and a whole lot of other people, depend heavily on the internet for email communications and for research. In the early years of the World Wide Web being introduced here, those who wanted that service were forced to endure connection speeds that were like walking backwards. It took forever to log on. It took seconds to be disconnected, and having to reconnect again...and again. High speed systems came, but in TSTT's case, their reach is limited.

In any event, the dial-up customer depends on his land-line service for connection. Over the past three weeks, my line went from dying to dead, only to rise again, not to heaven, I should add, but to sheer hell. So I made a first call to TSTT's repair service, waited a half-hour for someone to finally answer, and related the problem (which affects many customers in my area). Week after week, call after call, promise after promise-and the service remains sporadic at best.

I know of entire districts where land lines have gone silent (or emit jarring static), and where, in spite of their entreaties, people remain without service for months. Luckily for most, they need only a phone, so their Digicel mobile comes to the rescue. But what about the many who depend on TSTT for internet services? We remain in purgatory, not knowing when we'd catch a few minutes, or when we'd catch arse instead.

Some time ago a friend alerted me to the availability of wireless internet services. I have signed up with one such provider, and I'll see how that works. If it is worse than TSTT's, the people there would see and hear the other, 1970, side of me. I hope like hell it's faster, more reliable, and that they respond quickly to any problems I may encounter. But for now it's bye-bye, TSTT. You have robbed me of a slice of my patriotism I never thought I'd lose. Thanks a lot...for nothing.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2007, 11:38:04 PM »
Jesus DCS what ah memeory u got bro ,to retrieve these things  :whistling:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Govt steps in Digicel/TSTT war
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2008, 10:13:37 AM »
GOVERNMENT has intervened in the ongoing war between Digicel and Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago (TSTT), Minister of Public Administration Kennedy Swaratsingh revealed yesterday.

Speaking at the post-Cabinet briefing, Swaratsingh announced that his ministry has been working with both companies on two outstanding issues despite the settlement of some interconnection issues between them. These issues include the exchange of SMS messages between users of both companies as well as the issue of cell tower sharing. The minister further disclosed that Larry Howai, the CEO of First Citizen’s Bank and chairman of a Government e-business round table, has been appointed arbitrator by consent of the companies.

He was optimistic that interconnection issues will be solved “conclusively over the next couple of weeks.”

Swaratsingh also revealed that the Government is continuing moves to make its services more accessible to the public with the award of a $110 million contract to Fujitsu, Transation Solutions and TSTT.

He also revealed that on January 11, 2008 the Telecoms Authority recommended the granting of a concession to CNC 3 and Synergy for periods of ten years, allowing them to broadcast nationally as opposed to only on cable. Cabinet has approved this, he said.

http://www.newsday.co.tt/business/0,75860.html
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>