April 24, 2024, 07:20:04 PM

Author Topic: Viv call for Ramdin as Captain  (Read 3930 times)

TrinInfinite

Viv call for Ramdin as Captain
« on: December 26, 2005, 01:52:31 PM »
I have said dis b4, led de wi youth team 2 de final and has shown maturity, he is de future captain, but ganga is de bess right now, hands down

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: Viv call for Ramdin as Captain
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 02:39:14 PM »
stewps Ganga is a selfish man. You doh know him boy. He bent face only nice on camera. Viv is obviously not bein serious. He is using this statement as a drive for his point that it would seem the only serious and disiplined man on de team is Ramdin.

stop saying: You've bin saying dis from de start, or atleast keep that statement until it has materialized. Cuz if Viv serious den he talking a set ah madness along wit u.

Lara is best for the position. We are not givin it to a man who kyah even make de bloody squad.

DO YOU SEE ANY OTHER TESTSIDES MAKING THESE EXTREME CHOICES!? NO.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

TrinInfinite

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 06:11:29 PM »
dere not extreme boss, ganga was captain and is the captain of the a side, tt team and can be captain of west indies, so how is it extreme, ramdin will b de future like it or not, he will be one of de bess keeper batsmen in de future, hands down, u have commentators from all regions saying dis and i have said it b4, how is dis bullshit?

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 10:52:23 PM »
I agree that Ramdhin is the future, I would put him before Sarwan but he needs some more series to really show he's consistent at this level.

TI, I cyah agree with Ganga. D story about him being captain doesn't hold water if he can't book a solid spot on the side. I feel he gets too nervous when playing test level and doesn't go with his natural game. I never really agreed with some of the selectors decisions but keeping him out and trying out some younger players is one i endorse.

It has been said time and time again that regional cricket isn't as competitive as it should be to get players ready for international level. This would explain the decline of the WI team in part today. Being captain of the national side doesn't automatically make him capable of leading the regional team.

My 2 shilling worth.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 05:23:26 AM »
dere not extreme boss, ganga was captain and is the captain of the a side, tt team and can be captain of west indies, so how is it extreme, ramdin will b de future like it or not, he will be one of de bess keeper batsmen in de future, hands down, u have commentators from all regions saying dis and i have said it b4, how is dis bullshit?

oh jesus man. Of course hes ah good player and yes he is de futture. But hes not a captain. He is Very young and he have no experience. Why would you put him as captain!? If you started putting players who are the best as captains simply for that reason they end up making idiotic arrogant selfish decisions. Ramdin is a very good PLAYER not a CAPTAIN and he would say it himself becuase he knows that and he doesnt want the pressure of captain anyway.

And GANGA is an exact carbon copy of what happens when you simply put your best players as your Captain. They become BIG HEADED AND SELFISH.

I really hope they do put Ganga in the side so yo can see him open the inning in all 3 tests and he'll average 10 with his highest score being '42'. His captaining would make Chanderpaul look like Inzamam.

STEUPS.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 05:27:40 AM by Jefferz »

TrinInfinite

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 08:56:03 PM »
u wish boss

give de man a chance and ull see

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 09:32:41 PM »
give who a chance!? Ill give Ramdin a try at it if he tells me himself or any uh meh freinds that he's confident he'll do ah good job put dat bent face bastard Ganga. I dun wit da man a good year ago. He and he off camera mouthin anticts. He could just f**k off.

Ramdin should captain the T&T side.

I also waz askin some of the felllaz at the oval what they really thought of Ganga. (not the asshole part) just as a player, on the pitch. Most fellaz said hes a solid player who's ultimate destruction will be his lack of imagination and shot selection. Which most people, that actaully watch him, on a day to day basis trininfinite, say he has an extreme derth for diversity. Very Narrow minded captain and player. He have a lovely cover drive that he he atempts to use against any ball pitch on his offside. Short pitch full pitch on his stump off his stumps. dat a pull short and a late cut is all he does.

I nuh tryin tuh bring down man unreasonably, believe me, im already very happy to see that WI's top contributors are Lara, Bravo and Ramdin. Buh dis fellah, Well jah! His ethics are as famously bent as his face.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 10:38:04 AM »
Well i play for De colts cricket team with the Oval same team Bravo played in before going into the Test Arena. My grandfather was a Test Cricketer from the 1930's to the 1950's an openening batsmen who averaged above 40 and he was the first West Indies captain to make a century while in action as captain. He was also president of the West Indies Board foir a long time during then golden era when West Indies ruled the World and possibly becuase my father was always around him and meeting players from all over i have been graced the opportunity to meet all the players from that era. And most of the fellahz from this one in particular Ronnie.

Oh and the cricket colts training team has produced the most Tes players in the world! Yep... Its a fact. No other training club. Just the Oval.

So tell me do you play any cricket!? HUH?

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2005, 09:55:30 PM »
Well i play for De colts cricket team with the Oval same team Bravo played in before going into the Test Arena. My grandfather was a Test Cricketer from the 1930's to the 1950's an openening batsmen who averaged above 40 and he was the first West Indies captain to make a century while in action as captain. He was also president of the West Indies Board foir a long time during then golden era when West Indies ruled the World and possibly becuase my father was always around him and meeting players from all over i have been graced the opportunity to meet all the players from that era. And most of the fellahz from this one in particular Ronnie.

Oh and the cricket colts training team has produced the most Tes players in the world! Yep... Its a fact. No other training club. Just the Oval.

So tell me do you play any cricket!? HUH?

Well thats a bit more than the average WI cricket fan. I'm kinda impressed actually.

I may not always agree with Jefferz but I can't doubt he knows his cricket. I still think Ramdhin could be captain later on after he's fully established and comfortable in the squad. I don't think he would turn down the position should it be offered to him at a later date providing he's been groomed for it properly. This point is of course debateable but who knows how it'll turn out later on once he's fully matured.

Ganga doesn't belong there, I don't agree with Samuels or Hinds inclusions either as both are underachievers in my book. Basing Gangas' selection on merits of these two doesn't really make sense, its replacing one bad player with another.

Jefferz may be basing some of his feelings towards Ganga on personal reasons rather than ability but his reasons are valid. How can you have a man captain a side when he doesn't have the respect of his players or show them respect? This same reason is why Richardson had to go and why Chanders needs to step down.

Selections policies have always been debateable in the latter years but I don't think any selector would choose Ganga to join the side, much less come in as captain. Ramdin may be one of the world's best if he keeps it up but he has to come really good, he has the ability and can do it. Don't put too much into what the commentator's say though, dem same men said Franklyn Rose would be the next Ambrose. I looking more into technique and ability to see potential.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2005, 10:29:56 PM »
Yes true. Good point. I do myself believe Ramdin would be a good captain. Hes actually VERY confident player. Hes just alittle quieter. Most Presal fellahz are like da tho.

I see what you mean. Especially with Richardson. And losing him was a shame despite the obvious situation.

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2005, 10:13:00 AM »
Yes true. Good point. I do myself believe Ramdin would be a good captain. Hes actually VERY confident player. Hes just alittle quieter. Most Presal fellahz are like da tho.

I see what you mean. Especially with Richardson. And losing him was a shame despite the obvious situation.

I ent doubting he's confident. What I'm trying to say is that right now he needs to concentrate on his position and technique and perfecting them instead of looking at shouldering the responsibility of leading the team.

It could destroy a player of his capacity if he's given too much at this early stage of his  senior career. Maybe I worded it wrong before but this is what I meant.

Offline saintsman

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2006, 04:52:24 PM »
I brand new in here but ah go give it ah go. check out llyod  he wasn't great with the bat but it was the fact that  he knew the game mentally better than the rest and his instinct were usually right. this is the same with ganga, if they had kept him in the squad now he could have taken the captains postion, for all they tried we still have no person besides lara performing at any respectable level. For now I will try hinds as a stop gap, till Ramdin in more seasoned and this seasoning is the near future not even five years down the road, as there is no one else. chanders and lara need to be given the chance to just focus on batting and loving the game and putting stability to our batting.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2006, 01:44:44 PM »
I brand new in here but ah go give it ah go. check out llyod  he wasn't great with the bat but it was the fact that  he knew the game mentally better than the rest and his instinct were usually right. this is the same with ganga, if they had kept him in the squad now he could have taken the captains postion, for all they tried we still have no person besides lara performing at any respectable level. For now I will try hinds as a stop gap, till Ramdin in more seasoned and this seasoning is the near future not even five years down the road, as there is no one else. chanders and lara need to be given the chance to just focus on batting and loving the game and putting stability to our batting.

LLOYD WASNT GOOD WITH THE BAT?.....uuuuuuuhhhh you on DRUGS awa!? how lloyd wasnt great with the bat. Yuh ever see how hard da man hit de ball.

not only did he hit the ball very fluently but he have the statistics to back him up... YOU CANNOT COMPARE GANGA TO LLOYD IN MIND OR IN BATTING.

Clive Lloyd statistics batting statistics.

Batting and fielding averages
class     mat   inns  no    runs     hs      ave              100  50  6s  ct  st
Tests   110   175   14   7515   242*   46.67           19   39   70  90  0
ODIs    87     69    19   1977   102      39.53             1   11  39   0
FC-     490   730   96   31232   242*   49.26           79   172      377   0
List A   375   343   72   10915   134*   40.27         12   69      146   0

1]; } ?>