March 28, 2024, 04:42:18 AM

Author Topic: USA's camp starts January 4th  (Read 2919 times)

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
USA's camp starts January 4th
« on: November 30, 2005, 01:43:20 AM »
Adu to be invited to first U.S. camp
USA Today

LOS ANGELES (AP) — U.S. coach Bruce Arena is inviting Freddy Adu to his first camp with the national team and left open the possibility that the 16-year-old could be on his World Cup roster.

Freddy Adu didn't get regular playing time this season with D.C. United, but U.S. national coach Bruce Arena could still pick him for the World Cup roster. 
By Bill Kostroun, AP

Arena said Tuesday at a soccer symposium that he plans to observe Adu during the team's first training camp of 2006, which starts Jan. 4 in Carson, Calif. Given the depth of the U.S. player pool, Adu would appear to have only a longshot chance of being on the roster for the World Cup, which starts June 9.

Adu recently completed his second season with Major League Soccer's D.C. United, where he has had difficulty gaining a regular place in the starting lineup. Missing several games while he was playing for the U.S. Under-20 team, he appeared in 25 regular-season games for United, making 16 starts.

Adu, who signed with United when he was 14, had four goals and six assists this season. He scored three game-winning goals and had two game-winning assists.

He was suspended for a playoff game against Chicago because he complained publicly about what he considered a lack of playing time.

Arena indicated foreign-based players will make up slightly more than half the U.S. team for next summer's World Cup in Germany.

"We are considering 12 to 14 players based in Europe for our 23-player World Cup squad," he said.

He's looking forward to the return of several veteran players.

"We went through an important year in 2005 where neither Eddie Johnson, John O'Brien, Claudio Reyna nor Cory Gibbs were around much due to injuries, and those are four players that you would think are clearly going to be on our roster for Germany," Arena said.

Talking about seedings, he said, "If a CONCACAF team has the possibility of being a seeded team at the 2006 FIFA World Cup final draw, the United States has done what is necessary in the region to deserve it."

U.S. Soccer Federation president Robert Contiguglia said during the symposium that a collective bargaining agreement with the men's national team players is close to being completed.

"We have an agreement on the economics of the relationship, and we've had that for about six months," Contiguglia said. "We are very close to finalizing the entire deal on the non-economic issues and I would predict in a pretty short period of time we would have an announcement to make on that matter.

"It will carry through 2010 and the payment structure for 2010 will be based on the performance in the 2006 World Cup."

He said negotiations are continuing with the U.S. women's team and that he hoped an agreement with them would be reached in the near future
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 06:48:23 AM by Tallman »

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Re: Are we having a mini camp in January? US Camp starts Jan 4th.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 02:03:27 AM »
Did he just say that he wants the US to be seeded   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Come on...ur in the top10...but "seeded"...that's  pushin it !
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 02:09:18 AM »
Arena jokey yes.  Thye had a poor showing at the Confederations Cup and declined an invitation to the SOuth American version of Euro, and they clamoring for ah seeding.  If any body getting seeded is Mexico.  They made the semis of the Confederations Cup and had some memorable victories along the way.  Also, the US didn't even qualify for the Olympics, taking a thumping at the hands of Mexico's Under 23s 4-0 in Mexico.  What seeding they looking for.  Ah mango seed.

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 06:24:23 AM »
Arena jokey yes.  Thye had a poor showing at the Confederations Cup and declined an invitation to the SOuth American version of Euro, and they clamoring for ah seeding.  If any body getting seeded is Mexico.  They made the semis of the Confederations Cup and had some memorable victories along the way.  Also, the US didn't even qualify for the Olympics, taking a thumping at the hands of Mexico's Under 23s 4-0 in Mexico.  What seeding they looking for.  Ah mango seed.

de man eh clamour fuh nutten. de man get asked a question and he give ah fair answer.

If concacaf getting ah seeding, den it should go to de United states.

In all fairness dey get robbed vs Bermany lasy WC. and dey outplay germany for long periods.

ref missed a penalty when de german man hands de ball stopping it from crossing de goal line.

and we all know germany made it to the finals to be routed by Brazil.

dey is de best concacaf team too

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: USA's camp starts January 4th
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 07:46:37 AM »
smart move by arena and the USSF. soon he will play adu in an international (probably as a sub) to lock him up as a US international. that will prevent him from ever being able to play for ghana.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 07:55:34 AM »

Boss why allyuh does bump allyuh gums so. Not only dat one set ah wrong information coming out.

USA did not play in the CONFEDERATION CUP???

In terms of a seeding for the WC. The USA should be seeded if CONCACAF gets a seeding.
They won the Gold Cup (which really does not matter)
They finished the highest in the WCQ for the CONCACAF Region ( which is what really matters)

My question on this is why people saying England should be seeded??? Based on what?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 08:06:27 AM »
My question on this is why people saying England should be seeded??? Based on what?

De only football dey does watch is EPL on a Saturday.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 08:38:54 AM »
All of allyuh talking assness.... allyuh go in meh world cup draw thread... I discuss de seeding procedure and formula.

WC seeding takes into consideration de last 3 World Cup performances....
USA came dead last in 98.... they will not be a seed...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 08:46:47 AM »
All of allyuh talking assness.... allyuh go in meh world cup draw thread... I discuss de seeding procedure and formula.

Maybe but Markus Siegler, Fifa's director of communications has stated that FIFA have yet too announce the seeding procedure.
I for one cannot see it being different from the last WC 2002
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 08:55:17 AM »
14 EUROPE AND 9 LOCALS

IN WE CASE IT CUD BE LIKE DAT BUT BY LOCALS WE HAVE TO MEAN MLS BASED TOOO
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2005, 09:00:13 AM »

Actually FF the rumor is FIFA may use the World Ranking system for its seeding???
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2005, 09:05:39 AM »

Actually FF the rumor is FIFA may use the World Ranking system for its seeding???

Observer again check out the seeding formula as it has been the last 3 world cups

It is (last three WC performances time-weighted) + (last three years FIFA Ranking)

As it stands Mexico will be a seed... I can't see them changin anything just to give de US a seed
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

MickeyRat

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2005, 09:32:55 AM »
Smart move on the part of the US.  Again, they have the resources to do so......
Hopefully, we will get there one day.

truetrini

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2005, 10:47:34 AM »
De USA trying to make de final 8..dat is dem vision.

We jes happy to make it now....we go eventually evole and get some organization one day.

One step at ah time.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2005, 12:32:35 PM »
I doubt Freddy could make the US side but i wouldn't be surprise if Arena take him for the ride. Considering that Freddy is 16. Would he be the youngest player to make an apperance in the world cup if he make the us side.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2005, 01:23:28 PM »
I doubt Freddy could make the US side but i wouldn't be surprise if Arena take him for the ride. Considering that Freddy is 16. Would he be the youngest player to make an apperance in the world cup if he make the us side.

I believe Northern Ireland's Norman Whiteside is still the youngest player to PLAY in the world cup at 17 years of age.

Even IF...and daz a big IF....Freddy were to make the US squad, I think he would be carryin luggage rather than finding himself actually playing.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2005, 02:37:19 PM »
the us is doing what we should do and put some youth on the team. thats what had latas and yorke doing so good this campaign
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2005, 02:45:21 PM »
the us is doing what we should do and put some youth on the team. thats what had latas and yorke doing so good this campaign

You right morvantman. I aint know what age latapy made his senior performance for the team  but yorke was 17 when he made his senior debut. To tell you the truth Yorke and Latas  matured at a young age and they were serious about there football as teenager. wish teens in tnt would have that fighting spirit as what yorke had. Don't know if you all ever read the biography of  Dwight Yorke. My father brought the book for me and i read every page of that book. For those that read it you all would have been delighted and amazed how hard Yorke worked when he was a child. The book was inspirational to me and i felt happy to know that the hard work did pay of for men like Dwight Yorke.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 02:50:16 PM by skins »

1]; } ?>