April 25, 2024, 10:23:45 AM

Author Topic: Put a Steel Pan on the World Cup Jersey  (Read 11224 times)

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
Re: Put a Steel Pan on the World Cup Jersey
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2005, 03:41:15 PM »
Back to the topic.....

I not to sure bout the pan on the jersey thing. Addidas not gonna do it. However it's up to the TTFF to insure that Trinidad & Tobago is fully associated with the steelpan and everything cultural about the island.

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2005, 04:52:36 PM »
Yes...but why privatise it to cater to foreigners and your native people have to pay to get on? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Yuh dont make much sense there fellah. As far as i know, theonly private beaches in Jamaica are the ones that exist in a man's back yard. The sandals beaches are not private....they are open to the public WHO ARE WILLING TO PAY TO STAY AT SANDALS, you may have to pay a fee to sleep, eat and stay at the hotel..in which case, youalso have access tothe hotel. Does the T&T government give free petroleum products to the native people of T&T or do they have to pay for it?

again, beachjes not in short supply in Jamaica or anywhere in the Caribbean for that matter. I beleive there are 365 of them in tiny antigua alone.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 04:54:15 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2005, 04:56:57 PM »
The sandals beaches are not private....they are open to the public WHO ARE WILLING TO PAY TO STAY AT SANDALS, you may have to pay a fee to sleep, eat and stay at the hotel..in which case, youalso have access tothe hotel.

Dat sound like a private beach to me breds!!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2005, 05:09:27 PM »
<font color=white>..Also be fair who ever came up the with the name Jamaica is a marketing genius after all It does roll off the tougue more easily the Trinidad and Tobago..</font>

Post of the month!

Ours has a much more exotic sound. Jamaica does sound too vagabondish.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2005, 05:10:19 PM »
The sandals beaches are not private....they are open to the public WHO ARE WILLING TO PAY TO STAY AT SANDALS, you may have to pay a fee to sleep, eat and stay at the hotel..in which case, youalso have access tothe hotel.

Dat sound like a private beach to me breds!!

Sounds like that to me too.  :D
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2005, 06:52:19 PM »
This way we could promote a TnT invention, It could be a shawdow graph or a background logo But we need to put something Trini on there.

I fed up correcting people that Steel Drums was not invented in Jamaica.
Now is the time to educate the world.

We uniform should be design by Minshall and let Addidas just put they logo on it.

It must represent TnT.
Otherwise is just another red jersey!

Ah kno ah late on de subject but I REAL like da idea. This is ah boss idea. Ah kno exactly how to do it too.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2005, 06:59:08 PM »
Yes...but why privatise it to cater to foreigners and your native people have to pay to get on? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Yuh dont make much sense there fellah. As far as i know, theonly private beaches in Jamaica are the ones that exist in a man's back yard. The sandals beaches are not private....they are open to the public WHO ARE WILLING TO PAY TO STAY AT SANDALS, you may have to pay a fee to sleep, eat and stay at the hotel..in which case, youalso have access tothe hotel. Does the T&T government give free petroleum products to the native people of T&T or do they have to pay for it?

again, beachjes not in short supply in Jamaica or anywhere in the Caribbean for that matter. I beleive there are 365 of them in tiny antigua alone.

The issue here is that Trinis have a MAJOR problem with the idea of private beaches, for us the beaches belong to everyone, but then again we don't have a tourist besed economy. It is therefore understandable why countries that are primarily tourist based have private beaches. Different cultural perspective.

BTW the T&T govt doesn't give away free petrol to native Trinis but they do subsidize the hell out of it for local consumption. We pay much less for gas et al than the rest of the Caribbean. check the figures. :chilling:

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2005, 07:01:11 PM »
Back to the topic.....

I not to sure bout the pan on the jersey thing. Addidas not gonna do it. However it's up to the TTFF to insure that Trinidad & Tobago is fully associated with the steelpan and everything cultural about the island.

:beermug:

The pan on the jersey could work...really. There is a really cool way to do it and make it look real boss. Much like the older Mex jersey with the Aztec calender on it, it was very well done.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2005, 07:04:01 PM »
what bout kitchener water faded on de back behind de number :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2005, 07:05:20 PM »
Steel Pan  On the World Cup jersey would be nice.That will make us stand out more.
 I never Knew that was a palm tree and banana on Raggagirls jersey. It just looks like crap too me ;)

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2005, 07:07:13 PM »
Steel Pan  On the World Cup jersey would be nice.That will make us stand out more.
 I never Knew that was a palm tree and banana on Raggagirls jersey. It just looks like crap too me ;)

:rotfl: why yuh so boy,leave de ppl and juzzy alone nah. dey proud ah dey coconut and fig trees oui. :rotfl:

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2005, 07:38:36 PM »
This way we could promote a TnT invention, It could be a shawdow graph or a background logo But we need to put something Trini on there.

We uniform should be design by Minshall and let Addidas just put they logo on it.

It must represent TnT.
not a bad idea but do not have minshall design it..He is a well known battyman and dat will not look good for T&T in de world cup .,..we do not want de commentators talking bout "mishall is a well known designer and well known in de gay community and he can be a roll modell and so and so .." yu know how dem reporters a carry on......I sey put a bottle a puncheon on de jersey  ;D
warmonga
Black Lives Matter..

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2005, 08:12:18 PM »

It must represent TnT.

I also suggested some time ago that a TOP local designer should give his/her input on the new jersey.
The new jersey should also feature the name of the country Trinidad & Tobago.  Australia and a few other countries feature their countries' name on their jersey.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2005, 08:26:14 PM »
Good one Store bay...
Must have the pan abstract
must have T&T on it somewher too, somewhere not too big and overdone.

But adidas never strike me as having real original and stylish gears like Puma et al.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2005, 09:20:55 PM »

The issue here is that Trinis have a MAJOR problem with the idea of private beaches, for us the beaches belong to everyone, but then again we don't have a tourist besed economy. It is therefore understandable why countries that are primarily tourist based have private beaches. Different cultural perspective.

BTW the T&T govt doesn't give away free petrol to native Trinis but they do subsidize the hell out of it for local consumption. We pay much less for gas et al than the rest of the Caribbean. check the figures. :chilling:

Yuh veryright about the oil subsidies ting. Dise why Ja wanted tuh play wrong and strong n say we must sell dem oil at our national prices or else dey'll go somewhere else. steupsssss!  :D
www.westindiantube.com

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2005, 09:35:10 PM »

It must represent TnT.

Is there anyone out there that think the steel drum was invented in Jamaica? Thats nerws to me.
BTW, If you are going to go with Adidas, then forget the steel pan on Jersey thing. Adidas uniforms are made from cookie cutters, so its not going to happen. Same for Nike too. You'd have a better chance at that if yo uwere with a brand like Kappa or even Puma. Remeber the RBZ Kappa Jersey at the world cup? It was custom made for the Boyz, and featured a Banana / palm leaf accross the shirt and down the left side of the shorts.
Many Europeans, even white Americans associate anything West Indian -jamaican.  Nothing personal, but I too feel we need to promote our own identity.

My co-worker returned from vacationing in Barbados and Antigua about 7 monts ago and on his returned, stated that he didnt realise that you had to take the plane to move between different cities in Jamaica!  :rotfl: I almost died laughing at him.

You mean there's someone you work with who's even less intelligent than you  ???  :o :o
Please tell me the name so I can short sell your stock!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2005, 09:52:48 PM »

My co-worker returned from vacationing in Barbados and Antigua about 7 monts ago and on his returned, stated that he didnt realise that you had to take the plane to move between different cities in Jamaica!  :rotfl: I almost died laughing at him.

You mean there's someone you work with who's even less intelligent than you  ???  :o :o
Please tell me the name so I can short sell your stock!

:D
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2005, 10:08:16 PM »
3stripes could put any design on the jersey. a few years back Mexico had a jersey with a picture of Blanco on it  ;D.....3stripes could put the outline of a pan on our jersey for WC 06....puma, 3stripes, nike and other major brands, basically do the same with there uniforms....take dem out de mold but jes change de colour.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2005, 10:46:00 PM »
what bout kitchener water faded on de back behind de number :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I not into tha idea...........we doh need pan on the jerzy 4people to know pan is aTrini thing. They go hear it when we in Germany. I want a decent designed jersey that have the red, white and black in it....thas the only criteria to use all the colours.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2005, 03:59:14 AM »
I am not sure but do they play the National anthems before every match. Then our should be done but Steel Pan. Red black and white should be the colors for fa\ns alike while here in Germany. Soca DJ's should come with their music arrangements can be made for places for them to play. I know a great deal of places.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2005, 10:32:57 AM »
I am not sure but do they play the National anthems before every match. Then our should be done but Steel Pan. Red black and white should be the colors for fa\ns alike while here in Germany. Soca DJ's should come with their music arrangements can be made for places for them to play. I know a great deal of places.

Yo, so why allyuh Trinis must turn everyting into ah fete? Jah boy.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2005, 10:39:03 AM »
   Arrow you have meh bawling out here hahaha like we go definitely have to put a "short" on RF's stock ahahhaah. That one funny. Only selling all stock this forum have on RF heheh you win on that one. RF you really falling, if you know what a short sell is. haha.  :rotfl:

J.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2005, 10:48:40 AM »
The issue here is that Trinis have a MAJOR problem with the idea of private beaches, for us the beaches belong to everyone, but then again we don't

So let me get this straight. If I own a home in Trinidad, and that home happens to have a nice white sand beach as part of my back yard, should I expect that people from all over Trinidad will feel they have a "Right" to the beach, and hence, a right to my private property?

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2005, 10:58:50 AM »
I eh know what this have to do with jersey but I go add to it.

But in Barbados where the only industry they have is the tourist industry. It is illegal to privatise any beach. So you could build how much big house you want you cannot deny people access to the beach. Oprah, Jordan and all kind ah big star have house and they have to bathe with the plebs.
Even in big tonto hoel like Sandy Lane where Jay Z does stay with Beyonce does be bathing in sea with the plebs.
So who d 4k is Jamaica.

Més que un club.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2005, 10:58:59 AM »
The issue here is that Trinis have a MAJOR problem with the idea of private beaches, for us the beaches belong to everyone, but then again we don't

So let me get this straight. If I own a home in Trinidad, and that home happens to have a nice white sand beach as part of my back yard, should I expect that people from all over Trinidad will feel they have a "Right" to the beach, and hence, a right to my private property?

Yes, the beach was dey before you buy the house. Wha de arse, how yuh could own ah beach? Yuh HOUSE is yuh private property. A family had tried to Privatise the best beach in Tobago n make people pay for access, n the people made an out-cry, n de Gov't say "None ah dat" and the beach is now Public once again.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2005, 11:18:53 AM »
Yes, the beach was dey before you buy the house. Wha de arse, how yuh could own ah beach? Yuh HOUSE is yuh private property. A family had tried to Privatise the best beach in Tobago n make people pay for access, n the people made an out-cry, n de Gov't say "None ah dat" and the beach is now Public once again.

OK, I see the laws in Trinidad is different from the laws in Jamaica when it comes to private property and its boundaries. Again, its not an issue in jamaica, because beautiful beaches are all over the island, and many of them are public domain.  If Butch Stewart choose o build a US$80M hotel on land bordering the best white sand beach in the island, I doubt the government would try to stand in his way when he exercise his option to make the beach private to his patrons. And I doubt the masses will have a big issue with it, as they would simply go elsewhere and find another beach somewhere nearby. Having said all that, do you think it would be a good idea for the T&T jersey to have a beach on the back  ;D

« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 11:24:15 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2005, 01:22:35 PM »

HELL YEAH!!! The BEACH is not YOUR private property.
Please don't miss the concept here. THE BEACHES BELONG TO EVERYONE,PERIOD. The idea of a private beach,for us we ent talking 'bout nobody else, is like trying to privatize SUNLIGHT or oxygen...it's for everyone. What we really talking about here is concepts. That's why we had a big problem when some Germans bought beach front property and had issues with local Tobagoians on what the Germans felt was their land. We ent want no damn private beaches...when you buy yuh land put up a fence where yuh property end and the beach starts. The Baygo massive on the board can correct meh if I'm wrong.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2005, 01:25:03 PM »
SORRY i gorn off topic, but...................
it gettin like dat all over de world
high tide mark is the accepted boundry
my next door neighbour here in BC, Canada has water front
WHEN he sells, the city will mark off 20 feet from the water line into the property and that WILL become public land for ALL de PLEBS to use
TOO BAD

back on TOPIC
i like a water mark of a pan on the jersey
it is the ONLY acoustic instrement developed in the 20th century

The water mark pan is a boss idea, we should have had that a long time ago. This is a real appropriate time for it.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2005, 01:29:55 PM »
do you think it would be a good idea for the T&T jersey to have a beach on the back  ;D

No RF but since you are so proud of yuh beaches just like you are of yuh bananas just add ah beach scene as the background to the banana tree on yuh Reggaeboyz jesery!

There you go, you got that great idea from me for free! Now go foth in excitment and present it to the JFF!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 01:32:52 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2005, 01:35:45 PM »
do you think it would be a good idea for the T&T jersey to have a beach on the back  ;D

No RF but since you are so proud of yuh beaches just like you are of yuh bananas just add ah beach scene as the background to the banana tree on yuh Reggaeboyz jesery!

There you go, you got that great idea from me for free! Now go foth in excitment and present it to the JFF!  ;D

could you imagine dah juzzy ;D it might look like a section in Wayne Barkley band :rotfl:

1]; } ?>