April 29, 2024, 03:47:14 AM

Author Topic: Fatima days  (Read 43432 times)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fatima days
« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2005, 12:08:24 AM »
boy in my form 5 year I was doing meh computer project and ah man come in the lab and chain meh up to do ah wildness

he make meh type A___ S______ girl have a big horrendous box

we then took the printout and put it in the notice board by the hall

well breds talk bout trouble

somebody say they feel is we and Romero pull we in the office and tell we if we eh find out who it is Grad cancel and the man who name we put mad cause he was in charge of the organising committee

we parents had to come in school and beg real drama thing

Més que un club.

Offline Lil Jodie P

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 07, 2005, 08:07:54 AM »
bench...allyuh still have midday league in d quadrangle?

Yuh miss out on some good teachers partner.

Freako still dey??? He used to carry men on d field for fighting and rough dem up...dat man wasn't easy

Well yes... Freako Garcia!!! That was ah cool fella man... but doh cross him

ah remember ah time Convent havin dey Sports in de Stadium and ah group of we dive out after lunch to storm... well we run through de river cross de highway and as we bendin de corner behind Princess Elizabeth who we go see but Freako in de cream car coming up de road.....

Well man start to dust it one time straight back across de highway... de men in de back like dey get confused and stand up like deer in de headlights!! Me and Maurice Crowe dive down in ah drain where it had some high bush... Freako pull up and ketch some men....
"All of allyuh meet meh back in front de hall now!!!"

We hear the man car door close back... and like de car go to drive off
Me and crowe watch each other like "Pheww we get away!!"

Right den all we go hear is:
"FF and Crowe... feel I ent see allyuh .... ah go be waiting for allyuh too"

and de car drive off!!!!.....  :rotfl:

i remember being in the stadium and one of my friends say that the boys trying to jump the fence to come we sports......crouchie would have nothing of that
all i remmber from fatima was the mayfair, and yuh brucking out and the statue ah mary watching yuh bend over with some fella in inappropriate positions

yea man i could tell you the midday leauge still around...i think they rename it the 'Pizza Leauge' now tho. i hear that some of them matches is have more tension and drama that some of the ssfl and intercol matches of late. Pizza League is a real big thing now yes. so much so that even i know a bout it!
FOREVER AND ALWAYS "Little Jodie P" :)

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2005, 05:17:35 PM »
I remember a faintly story of Frico running down a vagrant or some madman or something who pass through Fatima and steal something out the lab, story is he grab him by he collar and drag him back into the school yard for some blows.

Any body know more details of this?

Frico was always tirst for a fight...but he coulda handle heself...had a couple times he do dat. Once was when a vagrant get a fatima uniform and show up in school and d second time was when a man bicycle get thief and man start to chase him, Frico just in d Bluebird and run d man all through St. James.

Ah feel is one of dem stories yuh referring to.

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2005, 05:21:50 PM »
bench...allyuh still have midday league in d quadrangle?

Yuh miss out on some good teachers partner.

Freako still dey??? He used to carry men on d field for fighting and rough dem up...dat man wasn't easy

Well yes... Freako Garcia!!! That was ah cool fella man... but doh cross him

ah remember ah time Convent havin dey Sports in de Stadium and ah group of we dive out after lunch to storm... well we run through de river cross de highway and as we bendin de corner behind Princess Elizabeth who we go see but Freako in de cream car coming up de road.....

Well man start to dust it one time straight back across de highway... de men in de back like dey get confused and stand up like deer in de headlights!! Me and Maurice Crowe dive down in ah drain where it had some high bush... Freako pull up and ketch some men....
"All of allyuh meet meh back in front de hall now!!!"

We hear the man car door close back... and like de car go to drive off
Me and crowe watch each other like "Pheww we get away!!"

Right den all we go hear is:
"FF and Crowe... feel I ent see allyuh .... ah go be waiting for allyuh too"

and de car drive off!!!!.....  :rotfl:

i remember being in the stadium and one of my friends say that the boys trying to jump the fence to come we sports......crouchie would have nothing of that
all i remmber from fatima was the mayfair, and yuh brucking out and the statue ah mary watching yuh bend over with some fella in inappropriate positions

yea man i could tell you the midday leauge still around...i think they rename it the 'Pizza Leauge' now tho. i hear that some of them matches is have more tension and drama that some of the ssfl and intercol matches of late. Pizza League is a real big thing now yes. so much so that even i know a bout it!

Pizza league????? What kinda name is dat??? Dat was a lunchtime sweat and dem name it after food now???

There was always tension in dem tings....all kinda wildness...man woulda collect d ball from d keeper, fan, drag, sex and cap men all in one run den lose d ball when he trip over heself...never short of entertainment.

Offline Lil Jodie P

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2005, 09:51:56 PM »

Pizza league????? What kinda name is dat??? Dat was a lunchtime sweat and dem name it after food now???

There was always tension in dem tings....all kinda wildness...man woulda collect d ball from d keeper, fan, drag, sex and cap men all in one run den lose d ball when he trip over heself...never short of entertainment.

they call it the pizza leauge cuz the 'trophy' is a pizza! an actual pizza...the men playing for pizza. the team that wins gets two large pizzas to share...i think that is how it works...but i know that the prize...after all the blood and tears...the sweat and hard work...its just pizza and well the reputation...that these men playing for! but doh pong it....pizza leauge is a real serious thing in fatima now!

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2005, 09:56:31 PM »

they call it the pizza leauge cuz the 'trophy' is a pizza! an actual pizza...the men playing for pizza. the team that wins gets two large pizzas to share...i think that is how it works...but i know that the prize...after all the blood and tears...the sweat and hard work...its just pizza and well the reputation...that these men playing for! but doh pong it....pizza leauge is a real serious thing in fatima now!

Musbe...after dey ban we from Pizza Hut a couple months after dey open it must be in short supply.

Dem bragging rights invaluable though...ah give yuh dat.

Offline Lil Jodie P

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2005, 10:06:23 PM »

Musbe...after dey ban we from Pizza Hut a couple months after dey open it must be in short supply.

what can i say? i am Fatima girl thru and thru. if i was a boy i would have gone to Fatima...and i sepnd enough time in there to qualify as having gone to Fatima!

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2005, 08:57:51 AM »

My greatest football triumph to day has been a hatrick in Mid day league, as it was called in 1984.  Sad but true.  Track was my thing.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2005, 11:31:07 AM »

I was in dat
the worse they could ah do was tell Fatima niggaz $20 all yuh could eat
men use to go Pizza Hut with they container eat real pizza for the $20 then full up a container with Pizza and go back to school and sell it
and yuh know when yuh is 17 and 18 and playing sports yuh could real eat
as the pizza touch the table it done

Més que un club.

Offline Lil Jodie P

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 08, 2005, 11:54:07 AM »
well its no wonder you guys got banned! allyuh men just plain greedy!

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2005, 05:36:16 PM »

I was in dat
men use to go Pizza Hut with they container eat real pizza for the $20 then full up a container with Pizza and go back to school and sell it

In we year dem men used to suit dem waitress, write on a table with d ketchup and leave she a tip saying "use ah mint".

Dat start dem off, a couple men run out on d bill a few times.

No matter how good tings were, it always have a man tuh f*ck it up fuh everbody in dem days.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2005, 06:10:45 PM »

I was in dat

It was 12 to 2 Buffet....

we going from 12 ... fill we belly.... fill ah bag

REST..... 1 oclock.... fill we belly again.... fill ah next bag

REST

and from 1:45 all Hell breaking loose!!  :rotfl:

It had a time no Pizza on de buffet.. ah man walk in de kitchen to ask waiz dat one!! dis time he bag busting with all de pizza.... de girl tell him look it have salad....
Well some old man go sell we out and bawl it have no Pizza cuz all de pizza in we bag.....

LMAO kicks days yes
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2005, 07:07:16 PM »
all yuh bring back real memories they yes

going by Taco woman and f**king she up
buying 2 pie by Clyde and ah frozen juice suck the ice till it white and then launch it behind ah man

going by Ms.Reg who is not really Reggie wife and buying ah bag ah mango with ah salt prune in it

then it had Bayo doubles at ah time
who is probably the worse doubles man ever in the history of doubles
them fellas use to stand behind him and pelt stone and shilling in the channah

wha bout waiting for men to get they lunch by Ferrera and buying it from them for ah $5

Més que un club.

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2005, 07:53:58 PM »
all yuh bring back real memories they yes

going by Taco woman and f**king she up
buying 2 pie by Clyde and ah frozen juice suck the ice till it white and then launch it behind ah man

going by Ms.Reg who is not really Reggie wife and buying ah bag ah mango with ah salt prune in it

then it had Bayo doubles at ah time
who is probably the worse doubles man ever in the history of doubles
them fellas use to stand behind him and pelt stone and shilling in the channah

wha bout waiting for men to get they lunch by Ferrera and buying it from them for ah $5

Is a couple odder doubles man stop by after Bayo gone...dey had something righteous.

Ah forget about Clyde and Reggs, dem men keep meh alive through all d years I was dey. After ah left ah had bounce up Reggie by d zoo and he make meh out, he had pull he 3 line and we had duss off some Mucurapo men who playing dey robbing a form 1 smallman by d entrance to d river. He remember meh from dat fight and cause when Joseph give meh men explusion papers ah stop by him fuh a juice before making d walk home.

Disgruntled yuh getting meh homesick now  :-[ :-[

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 09, 2005, 10:52:14 AM »
well boy I had to know you then
cause I walk over when the fight was going on and Reg was brandishing he blade

yuh remember the day yuh come to school and the cafetaria paint blue and white people running it

Més que un club.

Offline Rymizx

• Full Warrior
  • It's a small world ! - No Really...
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 09, 2005, 11:47:50 AM »
who is bayo. I only know about George.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 09, 2005, 02:17:26 PM »
who is bayo. I only know about George.

Bayo is another Doubles man that took over after George lock us off. George used to sell inside on a break time, Bayo never sell inside......

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 09, 2005, 02:28:11 PM »
wha bout for a short time, it had a red ting used to serve punch by Reg, who had some nice breasts and used to wear some tight tight tops...and I used to real gape dat.

wha bout Ms Reg had a moustache

wha bout Taco woman is a real imps.....

wha bout I still owe reg about $350 dollars for the amount of free punch he used to gimme after football practice....(from u-14 go straight up to senior team)...plus the amount of sno cone I used to serve myself while the crowd was real big and Reg. real busy pourin' man punch.

Wha bout ah time Clyde gimme a drop by my grandmother in St. James, and we make a detour to his house first, and the smell of pies comin' outta da man house was sweeter than Linda's Bakery.

Wha bout de $2 dog roti man ?

Wha bout Bayo doubles was a mix of channa and black eyed peas

Wha bout Touches used to buy my Ferreria lunch for a $5-$6 dependin' on if it was beans and beef or chilli and rice.......ah refuse to sell him any other lunch, and he used to real ben' on dat.

Wha bout Ferreira wife real buff me a time for sayin "shit" outside of living waters for retreat.

Wha bout Ferreira roti was the worst tastin' roti ever........and I mean EVER !!!!

Fatima food vendors was classic.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 09, 2005, 06:36:48 PM »
well boy I had to know you then
cause I walk over when the fight was going on and Reg was brandishing he blade

yuh remember the day yuh come to school and the cafetaria paint blue and white people running it

Maybe...by d pics of you from d Nov 16th lime yuh face doh ring a bell doh...ah go ask some of de Fatima men up here about yuh year and see what dey say...ah prob know yuh by d wildness allyuh used to do

Dat cafe ting wasn't a surprise for me, i think it was after a August holidays and i had mrs. camps lessons (which I duck for 3 weeks) so i see when dey do it. Ah think dem people had a shop in downtown mall, ah know some men get a bad runnings after eating dem roti.

Boy kicker dem $2 roti was real suspect, ah hadda admit i mash dat in a couple times and dat beef def wasn't beef. Ah figure it was some pigeon in d chicken also.

Me and dat taco lady never roll, she was a clown, always sellin meh out...ah tink d red ting men used to say was Reg daughter.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 09, 2005, 07:41:36 PM »
horse I remember in Kicker and Touches year was the wildest thing ever
them fellas was in like for 3 or 4 and I was in form 1 and every break time yuh going in the cafeteria praying
cause is either yuh getting rob
tax or yuh might get beat up jes for so

horse real intimidation in that cafeteria

the woman who use to serve was Ms.Val and Mr. Garnet

then the white people take over Ms. Maggi and I eh feel they know what they was getting into nuh

that first day ah school in September Ms Maggi mother was working and she get pelt with pie, ice and sundry other items

all yuh remember in the back had ah lil softdrink thing in ah cage and men ust to loot out that
wha bout when it had 2 gas tank in the cafeteria for the softdrink dispensor and men use to turn it on and let the CO2 escape and everybody use to run out the room

Més que un club.

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2005, 07:52:00 PM »
horse I remember in Kicker and Touches year was the wildest thing ever
them fellas was in like for 3 or 4 and I was in form 1 and every break time yuh going in the cafeteria praying
cause is either yuh getting rob
tax or yuh might get beat up jes for so

horse real intimidation in that cafeteria

the woman who use to serve was Ms.Val and Mr. Garnet

then the white people take over Ms. Maggi and I eh feel they know what they was getting into nuh

that first day ah school in September Ms Maggi mother was working and she get pelt with pie, ice and sundry other items

all yuh remember in the back had ah lil softdrink thing in ah cage and men ust to loot out that
wha bout when it had 2 gas tank in the cafeteria for the softdrink dispensor and men use to turn it on and let the CO2 escape and everybody use to run out the room

Yuh have a real memory dey partner...ah had forget about dem cafe people. Ms. Val had had a dread gold grill dey..

What yeah yuh leave Fatima? Ah think ah know who Touches is but it sounding like you mighta been around my time.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2005, 08:36:30 PM »
wha yuh mean
is real racket in that place
me and meh padna use to go in the cafe and as he distracting Ms Val I on the left squeezing ah roti out the little glass case

I leave form 5 in 95 you was the year under me

Més que un club.

Offline pufftrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2005, 11:14:57 PM »
i now reading this thread for de first time. all yuh men bringing back some real memories. but i sorry to hear bout Ro. I hope de man recover. I disappointed  to hear bout de condition of de scout house. I spend many a weekend down dere with scouts. In dem days we troops (11t Trinidad I think) used to win nuff regatta and Chancellor Flag competition. Until we come up against a troop from Bonaventure. Hear nah, dem fellas was all 4 feet 5 inch tall. All of we is about 5 foot 5 dem times (14yrs old or so) and we is town men. So when is time to cut bamboo, we llooking for nice bamboo and cutting at the base, at a certain angle with saw and ting. Not dem from Bonaventure. Dem men was scaling de bamboo. I never see dat before or since where men does scale bamboo. We loss the flag dat yr.

It have any scouts on board. I would appreciate an update about Fatima. I remember Ms Zaks. In form 1, like about the 3rd week of school, a man get liicks for she. Wasn't me but she  send me to Clive and I get detention every saturday for the rest of the term for some mamaguying she in class. I remember de Haydn Newallo ting. I was in form 4 at the tiime.

In  my dat it didn't have no pizza lunch league. We had house league. I was a Stewart man. Fatima had pulled out of the SSFL on some issue of principle for 3 yrs. I ain't go lie for dem 3 yrs house league was hot. I talking bout 74,75,76 - dem yrs. Don't know if it have man on the board from dem yrs but when Fatima came back to the SSFL they put us in the Senior division, not the Premier (or whatever it is called division). So we had to claw we way back to the top. Well, we win Senior in 76, get promote in 77 and was real close in 78 but take the whole darn ting in 79. Last time we win intercol b4 this yr. I could go on cuz I have real sweet memories of de place. But I want to see if it have mens who remember what I talking bout..
every man has the right to an opinion but that does not give him the right to be a jackass

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2005, 09:40:25 AM »
i now reading this thread for de first time. all yuh men bringing back some real memories. but i sorry to hear bout Ro. I hope de man recover. I disappointed  to hear bout de condition of de scout house. I spend many a weekend down dere with scouts. In dem days we troops (11t Trinidad I think) used to win nuff regatta and Chancellor Flag competition. Until we come up against a troop from Bonaventure. Hear nah, dem fellas was all 4 feet 5 inch tall. All of we is about 5 foot 5 dem times (14yrs old or so) and we is town men. So when is time to cut bamboo, we llooking for nice bamboo and cutting at the base, at a certain angle with saw and ting. Not dem from Bonaventure. Dem men was scaling de bamboo. I never see dat before or since where men does scale bamboo. We loss the flag dat yr.

It have any scouts on board. I would appreciate an update about Fatima. I remember Ms Zaks. In form 1, like about the 3rd week of school, a man get liicks for she. Wasn't me but she  send me to Clive and I get detention every saturday for the rest of the term for some mamaguying she in class. I remember de Haydn Newallo ting. I was in form 4 at the tiime.

In  my dat it didn't have no pizza lunch league. We had house league. I was a Stewart man. Fatima had pulled out of the SSFL on some issue of principle for 3 yrs. I ain't go lie for dem 3 yrs house league was hot. I talking bout 74,75,76 - dem yrs. Don't know if it have man on the board from dem yrs but when Fatima came back to the SSFL they put us in the Senior division, not the Premier (or whatever it is called division). So we had to claw we way back to the top. Well, we win Senior in 76, get promote in 77 and was real close in 78 but take the whole darn ting in 79. Last time we win intercol b4 this yr. I could go on cuz I have real sweet memories of de place. But I want to see if it have mens who remember what I talking bout..

Partner...yuh talking about years before my time dey. I still lime with men who went in d early 80's and i started in d 90's.

Dat scouthouse see better days in truth...d main house on top cracked in half cause d ground shifted and most of d roof was gone. Is about 10 years since I been there but I pass around it by boat a couple years back. D jetty house get rape by fishermen and a Naps ole boy was telling me that they partially burn down d place cause it was "haunted"...ah figure dem men was on drugs.

Yuh remember playing "night game" on Monos? Allyuh had dat in yuh time? Before men start to get dey jollies about dat name, it was hide and seek with d whole island at night. 2 teams and d searching team had flashlights and d fellas hiding didn't. Yuh had to make yuh way back to a circle around d campfire without anyone calling yuh name.

In my years I doh remember compteting in d regattas or jambouree...ah remember meh partners who went saints always in dat. Always rowing on Saturday and going Jambouree in Canada and ting. Ah still think we was better dough.

Dat house ting I doh remember...midday leage was class vs. class. Ah think d houses only came round on sports day.

Offline pufftrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2005, 04:41:51 PM »

Partner...yuh talking about years before my time dey. I still lime with men who went in d early 80's and i started in d 90's.

Dat scouthouse see better days in truth...d main house on top cracked in half cause d ground shifted and most of d roof was gone. Is about 10 years since I been there but I pass around it by boat a couple years back. D jetty house get rape by fishermen and a Naps ole boy was telling me that they partially burn down d place cause it was "haunted"...ah figure dem men was on drugs.

Yuh remember playing "night game" on Monos? Allyuh had dat in yuh time? Before men start to get dey jollies about dat name, it was hide and seek with d whole island at night. 2 teams and d searching team had flashlights and d fellas hiding didn't. Yuh had to make yuh way back to a circle around d campfire without anyone calling yuh name.

In my years I doh remember compteting in d regattas or jambouree...ah remember meh partners who went saints always in dat. Always rowing on Saturday and going Jambouree in Canada and ting. Ah still think we was better dough.

Dat house ting I doh remember...midday leage was class vs. class. Ah think d houses only came round on sports day.

Man, I left in 79. Look jus this yr we had we first reunion on Republic Day of all days. I cyar believe what u telling me bout scouting in Fatima. In my day horse, it didn't have no time for hide n seek, we was constantly training. I was always effing tired. We used to have to swim across the bay from the scouthouse to Ross Miller and dem house and back. I not lying, one time I look down in the water and I seeing sand shark. If Raimu ketch u out dere den is u to ketch. That is when water drain out de Boca - I don't know why it does happen but I see it with my own 2 eye.

When we wasn't swimming, we was always rowing, always training for Regatta. In dem times each yr had to uphold a tradition of winning. We were being bred to win. It was pressure too bad.

I am going to begin making enquiries about the state of scouting, as I have to say I cyar believe how bad tings get. Time for me to get involved.

every man has the right to an opinion but that does not give him the right to be a jackass

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2005, 04:51:39 PM »
We used to have to swim dat bay in d morning too...as for rowing...I did it a couple times but mostly dem men brought out d outboard and we went off in d Madonna.

We had training once during d week in d den and on Saturday...wasn't for d jambouree dough. I saw all dem saints men always training for it and always wondered. Still enjoyed it though.

Night game was to get you accostomed to navigating by yuhself at dark. You were taught how to get your bearing and preserve yuh night vision.

If yuh checking up on d scouts let me know if we still have that boathouse on d foreshore. When Cooper and fr. McPhillip took over we never went boating or saw d house again. I wouldn't mind seeing what I could do to help d scouts out now.

Offline pufftrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 11, 2005, 05:13:22 PM »
If yuh checking up on d scouts let me know if we still have that boathouse on d foreshore. When Cooper and fr. McPhillip took over we never went boating or saw d house again. I wouldn't mind seeing what I could do to help d scouts out now.

I go let u know what I find out. I was never big on McPhillips. Ah hear too much negative bout de man.

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 11, 2005, 05:46:04 PM »

I go let u know what I find out. I was never big on McPhillips. Ah hear too much negative bout de man.

Yeah..he had he faults..dat priest used to cuss like nutting else. ah doh think he dere anymore dough, hopefully someone else go jump in and confirm this.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2005, 07:06:57 PM »
McPhillips yes
had he for maths in form 3
the man use to talk real fast dread

Pufftrini yuh have real age dread I was still in ah pack ah nuts whe you was in Fatima

Més que un club.

Offline pufftrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2005, 09:25:04 PM »

Pufftrini yuh have real age dread I was still in ah pack ah nuts whe you was in Fatima

true dat. but man but i still kicking ball believe it or not so i ain't doing too bad.

dah mus be a pack ah nuts Jumbo pelt at a man during a Intercol game.

1]; } ?>