April 19, 2024, 06:46:26 PM

Author Topic: Sepp Blatter Thread  (Read 14647 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sepp Blatter Thread
« on: November 30, 2005, 05:39:14 PM »
Blatter sends congratulations
By Shaun Fuentes

FIFA President Sepp Blatter has extended congratulations to this country on its historic qualification for the 2006 World Cup in Germany.

In  a letter sent to TTFF President Oliver Camps this week,  Blatter said he was delighted with the overwhelming reactions caused by the success of the “Soca Warriors” in their 1-0 win over Bahrain in the final half slot playoff match in Manama on November 16, 2005.

“In light of the historic achievement, which ensures that Trinidad and Tobago will make their debut appearance in this competition next year, it is my great pleasure to extend my heartiest congratulations to the entire Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation.

“Please do pass on my best wishes to all the players, to the coach, Leo Beenhakker, and the entire technical staff on this admirable feat,” Blatter stated, adding that he was looking forward to seeing T&T in Germany next year.

Beenhakker was also receiving similar outpours as he attended a World presentation to promote the 2006 FIFA World Cup with other Dutch-born head coaches Marco van Basten (the Netherlands), Guus Hiddink (Australia) and Dick Advocaat (South Korea) in Noordwijk aan Zee, the Netherlands on Tuesday.

The  Executive Committee of CONCACAF in its final meeting for 2005 last week in New York,  also extended its congratulations to Trinidad & Tobago for becoming the fourth CONCACAF team to qualify for the FIFA World Cup Germany 2006.

Reynald Temarii, President of the Oceania Football Confederation, was also among those saying well done.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 10:23:10 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Blatter blasts big-spending Abramovich
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 05:30:02 PM »

LONDON, Dec 19 (Reuters) - Sepp Blatter, president of world soccer's ruling body FIFA, has criticised Chelsea for spending too much on foreign players.

'If a club can only have five foreigners among their starting 11, then they will have to build on their own youth system,' said Blatter in an interview with FIFA's official 2006 World Cup countdown magazine.

'If Chelsea were forced to have five foreigners then Roman Abramovich could not go on buying the best players across the world for exorbitant fees.

'Chelsea is the example of what should not happen.'

Before last week's FIFA Club World Championship in Japan, Blatter had reiterated his desire for clubs to field at least six homegrown players in order to limit the number of foreigners in their teams.

'The solution is that there should be a minimum,' Blatter told reporters. 'FIFA's idea is we should have at least six players eligible for the national team of the country in which they play.'

European soccer's governing body UEFA had foreign player quotas until 1995 when the Bosman ruling demolished restrictions on the number of overseas players clubs could have.

Blatter said a FIFA taskforce was examining the 'national identity' of clubs to help reverse a trend that could hurt the development of local players.

'The national identity of clubs is very important,' he said. '(But) the regulations of club competitions are not made by FIFA but by the national associations.

'It's up to them and their leagues to limit the entry of foreign players.'

ESPNsoccernet.com: Help | Media Kit | Report a Bug | Contact Us | Site Map | Tools | Jobs at ESPN | Supplier Information | Copyright ©2005 ESPN Internet Ventures. Terms of Use for our Site, Terms of Use for ESPN Motion and Privacy Policy and Safety Information/Your California Privacy Rights are applicable to you. All rights reserved.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
Re: Blatter blasts big-spending Abramovich
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 08:56:40 PM »
What is this Blatter Box's obsession with Chelsea. Chelsea isn't dominating their league more than any other team around the world are. Juventus, Lyon and Barcelona are all leading their respective leagues with as many points as Chelsea. Those 4 teams ALL WON THEIR LEAGUES LAST YEAR as well. Abramovic has done absolutely nothing illegal under the current guidelines of buying players. The man bought a team within days of going into bankrupcy and wanted to make a quick transition to making it a success. What was he supposed to do? Sit back for 10-20 years and build a youth program, while his money going down the drain? Real Madrid are the real fools and the easiest example Blatter Box can look towards to disproove his theory of football that "MONEY MEANS EVERYTHING"!
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 10:29:11 PM »
How do they expect the man to launder his money.......

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 10:44:17 PM »
When I start making the type of money my good friend Roman is making now I will do the same thing.

I will not only buy a team but also buy the best players available in the world. ;D and I will make Yorke de special adviser to Latas de coach ;D

betta believe dat.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 10:51:14 PM »
The reason why the English league is the most popular league in the world is because they don't have the restrictions the other leagues have. Most countries could turn on the televison and see one of their nationals playing somewhere in England. Most of the other leagues can't really say that.

The PFL is not the best quality football so if they listen to Blatter and have that kinda restrictions they will lose a lot of worldwide viewers who want to at least see one of they own perform.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 10:53:47 PM »
well, i jes doh wan football to turn into d NFL and baseball wit all dey riddiculous money slingin. Buh da bitch Abramovich livin in d house meh grampa sell to leave we poor. Dat bastard.  :rotfl:
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2005, 10:57:54 PM »
Chelsea are perfectly justified in what they are doing. Mebbe Blatter eh like Abramovich head. I think Chelsea has enough English players as is average for other clubs - Lampard, Wright-Phillips, Terry, Joe Cole...how much Arsenal have?

Chelsea doh really have any 'galactico' players either...Drogba and  Carvalho and dem wasn't no big name players before dey join Chelsea. Is all under the leadership and guidance - altho i doh like Mourinho. That team is a perfect example of football as truly the world's game. Players from all over maximizing their potential .

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline marcovbasten

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 06:23:33 AM »
i think

within a few years every team MUST play with 6 players from the home country.

a lot of great players are saying this(pele,cruijff,platini)
and its a great way to improve football as a sport ,and as a country

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 06:33:56 AM »
Chelsea are perfectly justified in what they are doing. Mebbe Blatter eh like Abramovich head. I think Chelsea has enough English players as is average for other clubs - Lampard, Wright-Phillips, Terry, Joe Cole...how much Arsenal have?

Chelsea doh really have any 'galactico' players either...Drogba and  Carvalho and dem wasn't no big name players before dey join Chelsea. Is all under the leadership and guidance - altho i doh like Mourinho. That team is a perfect example of football as truly the world's game. Players from all over maximizing their potential .

Drogba was the top scorer in France with Marseille, and i think they won the UEFA Cup dat year!

Carvalho was a champions league winner with Porto leading their back line!!

U probably didnt know about them, but they were big name players!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005, 07:24:11 AM »
Blatter giving Abramovic criticism is like the drugsman telling the bandit that he "setting a bad example for the youth and them."
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2005, 07:31:40 AM »
Blatter giving Abramovic criticism is like the drugsman telling the bandit that he "setting a bad example for the youth and them."

lol

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2005, 07:36:53 AM »
 Sepp Blatter don't realize football is a business too...Its an investment the man make...The youth system could only strive from an improved senior team...Abamovich will make back that money in a few years as long as Chelsea keep qualifing for Europe and winning Titles which they capable of doing...When Chelsea win out the season they could then field their youth players unless they looking to break a record

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
Blatter calls for World Cup boost
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 08:50:19 PM »
BBC NEWS

Fifa president Sepp Blatter has called for Africa to be given more places at future World Cup finals.
Africa will have five countries at the 2006 finals in Germany kick in June.

"Those with a bigger representation will automatically have a better chance," he told the Confederation of African Football congress in Cairo.

"What must be done? You've to fight on the pitch and I can assure you that we'll continue to fight for a better African representation."

Blatter was talking at the Confederation of African Football Congress that is taking place in Egypt ahead of the African Cup of Nations.

The continent will be hosting the 2010 finals for the first time, in South Africa.

Though Fifa have not finalised whether South Africa will cost the continent a place at 2010 or will add a sixth slot,

Blatter clearly indicated he favoured the latter.

"In 1998, when I was on the way to the Fifa presidency I had... a project in mind to bring the World Cup to Africa. That has now been done."

Blatter said sceptics who had predicted that a World Cup in Africa would generate less money than previous tournaments had been proved wrong and said South Africa would be a bigger success than Germany.

"The market has not been mistaken, it's the prophets who have made a mistake," Blatter said.

"The 2010 World Cup, with most of the contracts that we have reached with television and sponsors, will bring in more money than that of 2006.

"That means that football is an excellent product... that the Fifa World Cup is even bigger because it has a bigger audience than the Olympic Games."

"Every one wants to be there, and thirdly, and for more me the most important thing, it means people have confidence in Africa."

"The whole world will be behind this World Cup.".

Blatter said that extra money would be available for football development programmes, including an initiative to enable young talented African players to have a career on their own continent, rather than move to Europe.

"Obviously, you'll still need a few stars elsewhere in the world, but not the hundreds and thousands who play in the second or third divisions in other countries," he said.

source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/4624472.stm

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Blatter calls for World Cup boost
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 09:03:58 PM »
Fire Blatter now...after all he is well hated in many quarters.

Put the Europeans in they will do a better job of looking out for the poorer countries :devil:

Offline TnTVillan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006, 09:29:45 PM »

Put the Europeans in they will do a better job of looking out for the poorer countries :devil:

Bossman Blatter is European he is from Switzerland.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2006, 09:32:10 PM »
5 is enough for africa.leh blatter relax he dead wood.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2006, 09:35:20 PM »

Bossman Blatter is European he is from Switzerland.

Fuh real.....Damn!!!!! I eh even know that nah :devil:

Wow

Blatter is hated by the Europeans...act like yuh know...cause I know you know that and i know you fully know what I meant

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2006, 09:36:42 PM »
5 is enough for africa.leh blatter relax he dead wood.

WHY is 5 enough ???

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2006, 09:48:43 PM »
once they eh take no spots from CONCACAF I good

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Blatter handed third term
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007, 11:25:11 AM »
Sepp Blatter has been elected for a third successive term as Fifa president.

The 71-year-old Swiss was unopposed as he was handed a fresh four-year term.

"I accept this mandate and I thank you for your continuing trust in me," he told the Fifa Congress.

"Thank you for your trust and putting me once again at the helm of this institution."

Speaking on a number of issues Blatter insisted that there was no plan to move the 2010 World Cup finals away from South Africa, and he also paid tribute to the four British Home nations for not putting forward John McBeth as their candidate for the vice-presidency.

"The World Cup is staying in Africa, there is absolutely no problem about this," he continued.

"It is staying in South Africa. Plan A is South Africa, Plan B is South Africa, Plan C is South Africa and Plan D is South Africa."

On the decision to replace McBeth with Geoff Thompson following comments made about other associations, he said: "Even today we have racism in football and in this context.

"I would like to congratulate the courageous decision taken by the four British associations not to highlight a member who has recently attacked Caribbean and African nations in declarations which are totally negative and don't correspond to our concept of football."

The congress also introduced Montenegro as the 208th members of Fifa
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=469583&CPID=219&clid=&lid=2&title=Blatter+handed+third+term&channel=football_home&

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Blatter in public slanging match with FIFPro
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008, 04:26:31 AM »
Blatter and Taylor in slanging match over plans to scrap transfers

Sean Ingle
Friday October 27, 2000

guardian.co.uk

Football's response to the European Commission's plan to abolish transfer fees lies in tatters this evening after Fifa president Sepp Blatter and PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor were involved in an extraordinary public slanging match at a Fifa press conference.
Taylor, who is chairman of the European player's union Fifpro, accused Blatter of having a "hidden agenda" and refusing to listen to the concerns of the players. Blatter retorted with angry shouts that Taylor was refusing to answer his questions.

The spat began when Taylor boycotted a morning meeting of the joint Fifa-Uefa Task Force to discuss the EC's proposal, because he felt the concerns of his members were not being addressed. Instead he sent alternative proposals to the meeting, only for them to be completely ignored.

When Taylor found out about this snub, he immediately left his Zurich hotel for Fifa headquarters. As he arrived Blatter was telling a packed press conference of his "disappointment" at FifPro's action and condemning the Englishman for going back on an agreement to attend the meeting.

On seeing Taylor, Blatter angrily demanded to know why he hadn't turn up.

Taylor responded by claiming that the Task Force was merely trying to tinker with the present transfer system rather than attempt to find a plausible alternative. Disliking what he was hearing, Blatter interrupted, shouting for Taylor to "answer the question."

"We have attended at least a dozen meetings, all of which have ignored the main problem," an angry Taylor replied. "The proposals the Task Force is putting forward are ambiguous and look as though they have been drafted with the hidden agenda of maintaining the status quo."

Taylor added that FifPro will present alternative proposals to the EC next week, possibly on the same day Fifa hand over their documents which will be drafted on Monday afternoon.

Later, Blatter sounded more conciliatory, conceding that Fifa's attempts to address the problems within the current system will not meet with EC approval without the backing of the players.

"I would urge them to talk to us," he pleaded. "To meet without them is like having your body decapitated. We know that we cannot have any new regulations adopted without the backing of the players."

The argument between Fifa and Fifpro centres on what should be done about the movement of players over the age of 23 while they are still under contract.

The Fifa Task Force believes that a biannual transfer window should be set up, with each player limited to just one move a season, signing contracts which in an ideal world would tie them in for a minimum of three years.

However, FifPro are at odds with the whole scheme. Taylor believes players should only be forced to sign one or two-year contracts, with compensation being determined by the length still remaining on the deal and the outstanding salary.

But with European Competitions Commissioner Mario Monti appearing to back down from his threat to end the transfer system altogether, the whole situation has become a confusing shambles.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Blatter wants alternative to shootouts
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2012, 07:33:49 AM »
Steuuupss.. Blatter mad or what?? There is probably not a more gripping climax in all of sport than penalty kicks.

Blatter wants alternative to shootouts

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/world/story/fifa-president-sepp-blatter-wants-alternative-to-penalty-shootouts-052512

FIFA president Sepp Blatter has asked for ideas on alternatives to penalty shootouts
Share This Story
Updated May 25, 2012 6:55 AM ET

BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP)

FIFA President Sepp Blatter has asked German great Franz Beckenbauer to find an alternative to the ''tragedy'' of penalty shootouts.

Blatter told the FIFA Congress on Friday that football ''loses its essence'' when matches are settled by penalty kicks.

Football ''can be a drama, even a tragedy, when we go to penalty kicks,'' Blatter said. ''Football should not go to one to one, because when football goes to penalty kicks, it loses its essence as a team sport.''

Last Saturday, Chelsea beat Bayern Munich in a shootout to win the Champions League after the German side had dominated a game that finished in a 1-1 draw after extra time.

Beckenbauer, the former Bayern captain and president, heads FIFA's Task Force Football 2014 panel which Blatter created in 2010 to improve football before the next World Cup in Brazil.

''Perhaps Franz Beckenbauer with his Football 2014 group can present us with a solution, if not today then tomorrow.''

The task force has met several teams, but has shown little public interest in scrapping penalty shootouts.

Beckenbauer's task force deputy chairman Kalusha Bwalya also has recent experience of a shootout.

Bwalya, a Zambian playing great, saw his home nation win the Africa Cup of Nations in February on a shootout after drawing 0-0 with Ivory Coast.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Blatter wants alternative to shootouts
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2012, 07:40:58 AM »
Dem just vex a english side won lol...

PKs not ideal but it works - good drama and after 120 mins dem fellas can't run anymore anyway....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2012, 07:48:02 AM »
I always liked the idea of reducing the number of players during extra time. Start with 10 each, then go to 9 each after 15 minutes. Fitness would really tell then, and if you had a player redcarded, will be even tougher!

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2012, 07:51:54 AM »

PKs not ideal but it works - good drama and after 120 mins dem fellas can't run anymore anyway....
Yeah, plus FIFA can't have input in who wins in a shootout.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2012, 07:55:27 AM »
I always liked the idea of reducing the number of players during extra time. Start with 10 each, then go to 9 each after 15 minutes. Fitness would really tell then, and if you had a player redcarded, will be even tougher!

Breds that is just madness..

Less players = more running for players that already exhausted. That will just decrease the likelihood of goals being scored in extra time, plus more men will cramp up and waste time off the clock.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2012, 08:20:28 AM »

Yeah, plus FIFA can't have input in who wins in a shootout.

Why not?  A shootout real easy to rig.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2012, 08:29:18 AM »
Shoot out is the biggest drama you could ever get nuttin toppin dat at that stage of the game.

The jokey mls ting with running from half line one on-one with the goalie was the closest thing to a alternative and dat get scrapped.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 11:19:22 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2012, 08:34:48 AM »

Breds that is just madness..

Less players = more running for players that already exhausted. That will just decrease the likelihood of goals being scored in extra time, plus more men will cramp up and waste time off the clock.
And increase the likelihood of bad/dangerous fouls/late tackles leading to injuries.

Shoot out is the biggest drama you could ever get nuttin toppin dat at that stage of the game.

The jokey mls ting with running from half line one on-one with the goalie was the closing thing to a alternative and dat get scrapped.

Nah that was NASL. Different league, different time.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

1]; } ?>