April 29, 2024, 10:19:41 AM

Author Topic: Soca Warriors attracting big guns  (Read 4668 times)

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors attracting big guns
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2005, 02:50:10 PM »

When did Jamaica play Brazil in England? from my recollection, Ja played Brazil on 2 occasions, and if memory serves me correct, both occasions were in the gold cup. both games were very close 0-0 and 0-1 respectively. Yes, Jamaica did takea very defensive approach to both games..and as you can see, it was very effective!

That game in England was played on Oct. 12, 2003.
Live large and prosper!

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2005, 02:56:05 PM »
I doubt Beenhakker will go through with this game. He knows that Argentina are at least 2 tiers ahead of T&T, regardless of whatteam takes the field. 5-0 or 7-0 at this juncture will do more harm than good. Your first game away should be vs one of the 2nd tier Euro teams. Greece/Slovakia/Wales/Scotland/Ireland/
Hush yuh ass!
TnT Patriot

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2005, 03:44:45 PM »
:rotfl: we could put 10 men behind the ball like JA did in the friendly against Brazil in England. :rotfl: though it pains me to say this but you're right, playing Argentina(FBD)* would not be in our best interest at this juncture...too strong for we.
* Fire Bun Dem

When did Jamaica play Brazil in England? from my recollection, Ja played Brazil on 2 occasions, and if memory serves me correct, both occasions were in the gold cup. both games were very close 0-0 and 0-1 respectively. Yes, Jamaica did takea very defensive approach to both games..and as you can see, it was very effective!

Effective if you're trying to do what? Not concede too many goals? I could be wrong but I thought one goes into a match trying to WIN. There was a friendly that JA played against Bra in England a few years ago after the last WC. Perhaps someone on the forum can come forth with the particulars.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2005, 03:51:54 PM »

Thanks, didn't see that. ;)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2005, 03:54:35 PM »

I stand corrected, there was a third game in England. Another very close one.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2005, 04:00:39 PM »
Look nah RF   we not jamaica  ok?   is not no hard tackle shit football team   this is TnT a smooth passing intelligent team  who is in the world cup

i know u are sad inside that TnT is in the cup  u may not say it   but ur posts reflect it  i am not fighting with you on this one but don't discriminate TnT please   5-0? 7-0?   come on man   be serious  wat kinnda post is that

please take your sorrow for JA on their forum where allyuh cud chat about ur upcoming friendly kapeesh?

ps. hush ya ass lol

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2005, 04:05:02 PM »
[Effective if you're trying to do what? Not concede too many goals? I could be wrong but I thought one goes into a match trying to WIN.

No. You have it all wrong. when you take the field in a games where points are at stake (such as in the world cup finals), your first aim is to try to keep the one point that you start with. Therefore, you try to play a solid game defensively. The second objective is to score AT LEAST once, while still keeping the defensive aspect of your game tight. If you manage to achieve items one and two, you end the game with 3 points. If you fail to achieve goal # 2, and achieve goal #1 only, you come out ofteh game with one point. This is the approcah I'd lik eto take when I'm playing tier one teams such as Brazil Argentina, Germany. Thts the system Simoes used while in Ja.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 04:10:23 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2005, 04:09:40 PM »
Look nah RF   we not jamaica  ok?   is not no hard tackle shit football team   this is TnT a smooth passing intelligent team  who is in the world cup

i know u are sad inside that TnT is in the cup  u may not say it   but ur posts reflect it  i am not fighting with you on this one but don't discriminate TnT please   5-0? 7-0?   come on man   be serious  wat kinnda post is that

please take your sorrow for JA on their forum where allyuh cud chat about ur upcoming friendly kapeesh?

ps. hush ya ass lol

I'm not sad that T&T is in the world cup, where have you been little one? Am I sad that my team is not there? well thats another matter. I have gotten over that fact ages ago. If you think the current T&T team can compete reasonably well with the current argentine team, that I guess is just your opinion. I have mine. did you read Beenhakker's comment? also, others here echo my sentiments too.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2005, 04:13:44 PM »
[Effective if you're trying to do what? Not concede too many goals? I could be wrong but I thought one goes into a match trying to WIN.

No. You have it all wrong. when you take the field in a games where points are at stake (such as in the world cup finals), your first aim is to try to keep the one point that you start with. Therefore, you try to play a solid game defensively. The second objective is to score AT LEAST once, while still keeping the defensive aspect of your game tight. If you manage to achieve items one and two, you end the game with 3 points. If you fail to achieve goal # 2, and achieve goal #1 only, you come out ofteh game with one point. This is the approcah I'd lik eto take when I'm playing tier one teams such as Brazil Argentina, Germany. Thts the system Simoes used while in Ja.

Point well taken, however the game in question was a friendly thus make the points you so eloquently outlined irrelevant.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2005, 04:18:03 PM »
i never sed we  cud compete   but we wudnt get 5    like a certain sumbody :devil:

dont deny it we all no u are envious that TnT are in    u cud deny all u want but everyone knows

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2005, 04:44:39 PM »
i never sed we  cud compete   but we wudnt get 5    like a certain sumbody :devil:

dont deny it we all no u are envious that TnT are in    u cud deny all u want but everyone knows

I'm envious of all 32 teams that are there! did you read what the Uruguay officials had to say about Trinidad being in the world cup while they are at home? they are green with envy as well. I am no more envious of T&T being there than I am of USA, Mex and Costa Rica. Iam sure the fans of Guatemala/Panama/El Slavador etc are all envious too! And if a team like Mexico should miss out one of these years, then you'd know what envy is...those Mexicans would be shitting beans out of their ears  ;D

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2005, 04:47:27 PM »

Point well taken, however the game in question was a friendly thus make the points you so eloquently outlined irrelevant.

The game was a friendly against the world champions! A team that included at thetime the likes of Romario and Edmundo, Rivaldo, Ronerto Carlos etc. I'm sure Simoes and the whole team would rather go down 1-0 than to get blown out 7-0 for teh entire world to see. So they took the sensible approach. try and end teh game with teh score as close as possible to what it was when the first whistle was blown. they achieved their goal on two occasions! Defense is KEY!!!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 04:52:11 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2005, 05:31:42 PM »

The game was a friendly against the world champions! A team that included at thetime the likes of Romario and Edmundo, Rivaldo, Ronerto Carlos etc. I'm sure Simoes and the whole team would rather go down 1-0 than to get blown out 7-0 for teh entire world to see. So they took the sensible approach. try and end teh game with teh score as close as possible to what it was when the first whistle was blown. they achieved their goal on two occasions! Defense is KEY!!!

HUH ??? what about the concept of "winning" as opposed to "saving face"?

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2005, 06:00:03 PM »
thats reall good for us man, finally we getting some long deserved attention..

:beermug: :beermug:

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2005, 07:32:03 AM »
Small Magician, Stop ponging De man. I doh ting he anti we. I an all have a big grin on my face just thinking about de prospect of us playing other big team like we ;D but I agree with de possible effects  a real cutass would have on the moral of de team. 

1]; } ?>