March 28, 2024, 06:25:28 AM

Author Topic: Jabloteh outclass Army in 2-1 Cup win.  (Read 5785 times)

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Jabloteh outclass Army in 2-1 Cup win.
« on: November 30, 2005, 10:02:52 PM »
Jason Marcano heads Jabloteh to FA title.
By: Nigel Simon (Guardian).
[/size]

Nippy forward Jason Marcano scored a 72nd minute goal to secure a come from behind 2-1 win for CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh over Defence Force in a keenly fought Simpaul’s Travel Service T&T Football Federation FA Trophy at the Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya, yesterday.
Jabloteh found themselves trailing as early as the fourth minute.
Ronald “Sharky” St Louis fed striker Bevon Lewis a through ball and he took on goalkeeper Daurance Williams and scored to silence the Jabloteh drummers.
Kerry Baptiste got Jabloteh on level terms in the 16th minute when he was on spot to tap in a cross from midfielder Trent Noel.
Defence Force then enjoyed the better of the exchanges but strikers Lewis and Devon Jorsling failed to capitalised on their chances to leave the teams level at 1-1 after 45 minutes.
Marcano wasted a chance to put Jabloteh ahead in the 58th minute when his down-ward header from substitute Josh Johnson right sided cross, bounced past goalkeeper Cleon John and over the bar.
Defence Force was then reduced to ten men after midfielder Dexter Pacheco was shown two quick yellow cards for crunching fouls on Kerry Baptiste.
But it was Defence Force who then had an opening when forward Kevon Carter picked out St Louis at the far post, but he could not control his header.
Marcano then got the decisive goal when he out-jumped the Defence Force back-line to glance home a right sided Angus Eve free-kick. The win by Jabloteh was their second success of the season having won the T&T Pro Bowl, 1-0 over Vibe CT 105 W Connection.

Yesterday’s FA Final result.

San Juan Jabloteh 2 (Kerry Baptiste 16th, Jason Marcano 72nd) vs Defence Force 1 (Bevon Lewis 4th).
Jabloteh outclass Army for 2-1 Cup win but Whitley injured...ah vex.
Up-Close with Solo.
[/color]

Well.....hopefully it is not too too serious an injury and to be honest from where I was sitting it did not look too serious  but it ws bad enough to sit him down and I dont think Whitley is the kind of player to just sit down in a Finals for a small know.

Anyway, I'm starting to enjoy the Pro League matches now but tonight I had lil mixed emotions. The amount of times Jabloteh players were kicked down, it was not funny, the last game I saw on Sunday, a man from North East Stars cuffed Cyd Gray behind his head, this game a man hacked down Whitley. Oh gorm ah cyar tek it.

Whitley collected a pass and headed to the left of the 18 yard box, lay a small beat on the Army right back and was about to cut inside the box when the defender pulled his jersey ( no whistle from the ref) and then de man just hack Whitley down jus so. The Jabloteh people went mad,....well ah think just about everybody went mad in de place because de man only get a yellow fuh dat tackle and of all de persons he hacked down it was Whitley.

De Jabloteh supporters started screaming in the stands at the ref cause their boy,...nah 'our boy' was on the ground rolling around in pain, and it looked bad. Whitley was stretchered off and came back on a few minutes later to applause but soon after signalled that he could not continue and came off.

It was an absolutely unnecessary foul as unnecessary as the one from the Army player that hacked down Kerry Baptiste right in front of the Jabloteh supporters. The crowd went wild and that player was sent off though.

First Army scored then Jabloteh came back and outclassed them with goals from Noray and Marcano and some serious ball possession.

The night really belonged to Jabloteh. Deh just stroked the ball around the field like it was their own and attacked at will. Some men there had a really good night - like Nigel Daniel, Trent Noel, Marcano and Noray. I would say Anton Pierre also had a good night.

If Beenie could have only seen Noray play tonight oui. For 94 minutes he played like he was in a world cup qualifier, hard and committed, running men down, stealing balls, scoring, giving defenders hell for the whole night but also running all the way back to defend his own goal. Like de man have a mercedes engine in him.

Anyway,...ah vex alyuh. ah gone.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 07:50:58 AM by Flex »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jabloteh outclass Army for 2-1 Cup win but Whitley injured...ah vex
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 10:07:58 PM »
..about how many spectators was at the game? any increase in attendance since we qualify for de WC? just curious

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 10:08:40 PM »
well jabloteh is d team to beat an d team everyother player will luv to hate/play for....i hope everything is ok with whitley....how many ppl came out to the game u think?

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 10:12:31 PM »
at this point men have tuh raise dey level of play if dey want tuh get a call from Don Leo. With Tnt qualifyin every-man-jack tinkin bout dat 10 days in Germany oui.

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 10:16:35 PM »
saw noray play once...he is a really good player and he should come into the national  team he would be an asset

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 07:38:40 AM »
been home during the summer and i saw a few PFL games. Since i from south and love connection and i went to a few of there games. The maority of the players i know in the PFL plays for connection. I saw the Pro Bowl game between connection ahd jabloteh. Was Noray the man who score the lone goal in that game. If he is then he real good. I was asking myself all the time. Who is this man..... On a note i hope Whitely not seriously injured.

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jabloteh outclass Army in 2-1 Cup win.
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2005, 09:30:13 AM »
how many ppl came out to the  def force vs Jab game??.....Jabloteh and W connection is the biggest derby in trinidad right now kinda like a North Vs South....really wish joe public will come back into the pfl scn and give the ppl in the east a top team to support... they have money to buy top players and challenge jabs and WC

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jabloteh outclass Army in 2-1 Cup win.
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 08:07:21 PM »
Noray was the man who scored the winning goal in that game Skins.

I would estimate that it could not have had more than 300 people . I was mostly at eye level by de fence didnt really go up in the stands much

1]; } ?>