April 26, 2024, 04:35:21 PM

Author Topic: The most amount of ppl u've seen at a pfl game??  (Read 3131 times)

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The most amount of ppl u've seen at a pfl game??
« on: December 01, 2005, 09:39:32 AM »
Ok now put the team name and say how many ppl they normally attract and the largest # u've seen at one of their games....now everybody cah say jabs or wc we need to kno bout all d teams.
and then say what we need to do to increase the fan base

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: The most amount of ppl u've seen at a pfl game??
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 10:43:30 AM »
so who actually goe to games and count

but the least i ever saw was the north east
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 01:33:56 PM »
This is a very interesting thread, because something must be done in the way of marketing the PFL and increasing the amount of spectators. I think if the games are televised (with shots of the stands with nice 'oman dancing and feteing and ting )and/or broadcast on the radio,TRINI style, with straight local commentry etc(if they are not already doing so) that could help.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 01:46:10 PM »
SSFL(SECONDARY SCHOOLS FOOTBALL LEAGUE) Pulls a bigger crowd than our National Football League with professional footballers, that is a shame ras.....

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 01:50:23 PM »
SSFL(SECONDARY SCHOOLS FOOTBALL LEAGUE) Pulls a bigger crowd than our National Football League with professional footballers, that is a shame ras.....

What can be done to generate the same amount of interes?

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 02:02:33 PM »
yes i think that someone of the tv stations should show live games every weekend or something.
Hype up the league , run more ads on tv and radio, have pre and  post game interviews, have it set up professionally.

the clubs need to hire ppl to help them market themselves bcuz dese fellas really doh have a clue about the business side of football.

I still believe that football in tnt needs to be community based.... i understand that these clubs dont have money to do much..but it would be nice if they would invest in small stadia or grounds in a community to play there home games...i really wish the gov't/corperate tnt would invest in some of these projects.  its not all that hard to fix the a playing surface and errect a fence and make each ground with like a 500 person seating capacity...bigger clubs like jabs and wc could maybe go for 1000-1500...they doh even need any fancy seats just plain bleachers.

If a company does this, they could name the grounds whatever they want, have their products sold/advertised there. When a game is broadcast live on tv there ads could get preference over others.

there are lots of other things that can be done to make it alot more interesting

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2005, 08:39:10 PM »
It is a deliberate policy of the Pro League not to market the pro league games.

I was watching Romany (the Pro League Chairman) on tv - CNC 3 doing an interview the odda night and he was making it clear that the Pro League as a policy does not market the Pro League Games ( yuh ever hear such shyte) because they did surveys and realised that people in Trinidad and Tobago are like the Americans we want a quick result ( yuh believe this shyte) and that for that reason they prefer to market only the knockout games.

Well last time I checked all football games had a standard time of at least 90 minutes to run so I dont know what he talking about Trinis preferring the 'quick result' like the Americans. Deh must be interview a setta waggonists for their survey cause their position is killing the league.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 09:24:46 PM »

I was watching Romany (the Pro League Chairman) on tv - CNC 3 doing an interview the odda night and he was making it clear that the Pro League as a policy does not market the Pro League Games ( yuh ever hear such shyte) because they did surveys and realised that people in Trinidad and Tobago are like the Americans we want a quick result ( yuh believe this shyte) and that for that reason they prefer to market only the knockout games.

Well last time I checked all football games had a standard time of at least 90 minutes to run so I dont know what he talking about Trinis preferring the 'quick result' like the Americans. Deh must be interview a setta waggonists for their survey cause their position is killing the league.

What kind ah ASSNESS is dat. Who is this Romany fella? more importantly who is paying him? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Quick result??? ???WTF

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 09:33:27 PM »
im tellin u if ne of them other teams wanna smell the success that jabloteh is seeing they goin to have to go the community based route bcuz from what allyuh sayin here about man wanting quick result an all dat...it jus shows how backwards alot of the ppl in decison making positions are

lord help the pfl

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2005, 02:28:58 AM »
In 2001 ah used to go and see the games, the biggest crowd ah see was at de COC ground. Stands full about 1000 people, ah lie 500. WConnection versus Joe Public. When yuh look around is the same people yuh see in de stadium when games playing there an de average age of de crowd is about 45.

See DF playing de FA knockout final (cyar remember against who) is only ah set of soldiers with brooms because dey was going fuh de clean sweep dat year.
When ever I back home i go to do games, for me is still de best entertainment ah could get.
But unless the teams align themselves with communities and have a strong youth development programmes taking kids from de same community. Nothing will change.

Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2005, 03:24:31 AM »
Sorry have been away fron Trini too long.   Does Naps and Pres. bring a big crowd like in the 80-90's.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2005, 01:01:11 PM »

by "quick result" - i think he saying that league play is not as popular as knockout. i don't know how he reach that. if he saying that Trinis like Americans - American's baseball season is 160+ games and people still going to games. in league play, you get a chance to build a good rivalry - but not so in knockout.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2005, 02:11:59 PM »
I spoke to the NE Stars in 2004, after they had won the FA Cup.

And he told me that for the 2003 season they had averaged 1200 per game.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2005, 07:43:57 PM »
It does have crowd for the FCB cup and toyota cup games.

They had a full Manny ramjohn when me patriot cowen andre and the red ting watch Jab vs W connection in a TT double header match.

I see a entire full covered stands for Jab vs Arnett Gardens Champions cup

Now they does have probably a few hundrd on a weekend to watch a pfl game.

For a super league game yuh will get about 100-150.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2005, 11:06:22 PM »

by "quick result" - i think he saying that league play is not as popular as knockout. i don't know how he reach that. if he saying that Trinis like Americans - American's baseball season is 160+ games and people still going to games. in league play, you get a chance to build a good rivalry - but not so in knockout.

Actually what I think he mean is they want ah "actual" (for lack of a better word) result. In other words, no tie game. Baseball season is 162 games but it always have a winner and a loser. Nobody doh tie. Same for most north american sports. Basketball does go overtime, Hockey does go overtime den shootout, football does have sudden death overtime, baseball have exra innings. A couple of years ago dey decide to leave de All Star Baseball game as a tie because it was going late and dey was running out of players to play and dat was big controversy fuh de rest of de year.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Warrior Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2005, 12:02:44 AM »
I think the whole system for pfl needs a reformation as well as things put into place to leep our talent at home, we shold not have all of our footballers goin to to us or the uk to play football we can let some of them develop here to see if they can increase the level of football alround and also this will give the coaches a chance to see players in action
T-&-T!  #1 one Team in The WORLDDDDDDD

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2005, 10:15:11 AM »
I think part of the solution is in marketing. The PFL governing body needs to market the league better as well as the individual teams need to market themselves better. Also, as expressed before, there has to be community involvement. I remember as a boy in Point Fortin, every Sunday when Civic had a game yuh swear it was carnival cause the local fans would be chipping and singing and dancing...bottle and spoon, iron etc all the way to the Oval. The whole atmosphere was festive. Ask dem old TESCA and Malvern and Maple heads...man gehing pycong whole game from local Point fans, and doh leh no fight on the pitch start cause it ent ha no security to protect players, man from the stands running on de pitch and bussing hard cuff in yuh ass.
Anyway, ah ent saying we hadda geh on so now, but we need to market the leagus better and the community has to be involved especially at the youth level.

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2005, 10:38:12 AM »
I think part of the solution is in marketing. The PFL governing body needs to market the league better as well as the individual teams need to market themselves better. Also, as expressed before, there has to be community involvement. I remember as a boy in Point Fortin, every Sunday when Civic had a game yuh swear it was carnival cause the local fans would be chipping and singing and dancing...bottle and spoon, iron etc all the way to the Oval. The whole atmosphere was festive. Ask dem old TESCA and Malvern and Maple heads...man gehing pycong whole game from local Point fans, and doh leh no fight on the pitch start cause it ent ha no security to protect players, man from the stands running on de pitch and bussing hard cuff in yuh ass.
Anyway, ah ent saying we hadda geh on so now, but we need to market the leagus better and the community has to be involved especially at the youth level.

:applause: exactly

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2005, 10:44:42 AM »
 Point people does always support football...They should put a decent stadium in point

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2005, 10:50:09 AM »
Point people does always support football...They should put a decent stadium in point

We working on dat...seriously

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2005, 10:53:52 AM »

and ah man here really couldn't think this...
before man used to think, (well many, if not most) then post, and generate further thought..
Now man posting, generating thought, then thinking....

is like man jus glad for somebody to hear dey lil voice out in Cyber Wilderness...
Ok...my bad...some people doh have nuthen else to do....go ahead, count allyuh post

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2005, 01:29:26 PM »

and ah man here really couldn't think this...
before man used to think, (well many, if not most) then post, and generate further thought..
Now man posting, generating thought, then thinking....

is like man jus glad for somebody to hear dey lil voice out in Cyber Wilderness...
Ok...my bad...some people doh have nuthen else to do....go ahead, count allyuh post

Ah ent kno if yuh shitting meh up or complementing meh :rotfl: but the league needs marketing

1]; } ?>