March 29, 2024, 07:16:00 AM

Author Topic: When allyuh see Stern start back scoring, is hell to pay  (Read 2745 times)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
When allyuh see Stern start back scoring, is hell to pay
« on: April 16, 2005, 10:52:55 AM »
for whoever he playing against, club wise, and internationally.

Thats his history, when he dry, he dry bad, but when he start scoring, he scores multiple times, REGULARLY.
Class strikers can only be out of form for so long, and Stern is class.
I jus hope it coincides with our next set of WC games.
If we are to make a run in the remaining games, we need a forward to get in the form of their life, Stern will most likely have to be that man.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: When allyuh see Stern start back scoring, is hell to pay
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 11:52:38 AM »
But then Trini, If yuh saying we won't be picking based on form, if we continue to see John selected. Cause he not scoring, not running, not winning balls. Unless he pick sure, in case he has made a turn around. Meanwhile Scotland scoring, Glen, and Sealy in ting. Pierre looking good. Even Jones who I prefer to play defensively scoring.
Nah for me John, will probably miss the next 2 games, I think he had a decent run to turn things around. Time to give someelse a go.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 02:03:10 PM »
the coach will always give john a call up and of course hes goin to play against both panama and mexico

the question we need to ask is how long will he play and if he will start
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 02:41:36 PM »
Hmm .....i could probably see Stern playing in that game agaist PAnama only because Leo hear bout the man. Other than that if he doh perform ....i feel is bench book ...but then again ....not even Panama game guaranteed for Stern
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2005, 03:04:10 PM »
the coach will always give john a call up and of course hes goin to play against both panama and mexico

whether anyone likes it or not, stern is class! he must start. his reputation preceeds him and he will always draw defenders.  I have seen all the world cup games so far and what i can say is that stern`s style of play has not changed, its just that he isnt scoring. Even when stern was scoring in every international game for de warriors, his workrate was always poor.  I still think that stern should start but what i would like to see is that he is substituted when he isnt doing well on de field!

Glen, JOnes, Pierre, Scotland (whose work rate is worse), are not 90 minute replacements for stern!

The fact remains, for us to qualify for germany, we NEED a goal scoring stern. full stop!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2005, 04:12:02 PM »

The fact remains, for us to qualify for germany, we NEED a goal scoring stern. full stop!

Yea, it boils down to that, plain and simple.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2005, 05:15:33 PM »
and if we don't get that, we dead then?
Can we can get a goal scoring somebody else just in case, or at the same time? I am sure Stern will eventually find the net, But we can put our whole chances right now in dem 2 foot. If we don't score for sure we dead.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2005, 07:14:16 PM »
Reputation? Wha happen to current form? Ah believe Stern job is to score and he eh doing it. The man in form should start. Reputation does only go so far. When de performance curve and work ethic drop, is time to give ah youth a chance. Football will always be a young man's game. Stamina and speed is two intangibles dat yuh cyah coach and Stern eh showing neither.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2005, 07:44:51 PM »

Don't quite get why people talk about past performance when it plain to see what going on in front dey eye.
BSC musta been listening to you'll....allyuh make de man lose he wuk   ;D

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2005, 05:10:15 AM »
and if we don't get that, we dead then?
Can we can get a goal scoring somebody else just in case, or at the same time? I am sure Stern will eventually find the net, But we can put our whole chances right now in dem 2 foot. If we don't score for sure we dead.

Max G yuh hit de nail right on de head.

Right now..I would go with a Nixon - Jones comb., with Sealey and Stern on de bench.

Quite frankly have Stern in de mix. We have a enough time before Pan. play about 3 warm ups and if Stern not looking good, bench him. or dont even use him. Yes Stern is class, and if he's out of form now, he'll bounce back later.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2005, 08:46:38 PM »
well he start back scoring so i only hope come wednesday that the peru side feel his the might of his boots

i think he and many of the foreign based will step up their game come wednesday we should see good football and birchill in tnt colours
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

1]; } ?>