Team of 73
23 (56.1%)
Strike Squad
9 (22%)
Soca Warriors
9 (22%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: January 01, 2006, 08:38:58 AM

Author Topic: 73 vs 89 vs 05  (Read 5432 times)

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 73 vs 89 vs 05
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2005, 04:53:40 PM »
This is ah "nobrainer" 1973 squad was by far the best. To achieve what they did away from home with only one spot for CONCACAF back then was remarkable. I am old enough to have seen all three teams play and 4 or 5 of the players were from my hometown side(Civic...so I'm ah lil biased). Those fellas geh teams real licks in that tourny back den, not no 1-0 wins, but rather 4 and 5 goals per game.If they had just tied with Honduras no amount ah Haitian tiefing would have stopped us from getting that lone spot for Germany 74. Say wha...we there now...Germany 06!!!

VIBES IT UP!!!

Yuh know wot dis sounding like to me.... Ah matchup...... Chirren of de 60's vs chirren of the 80's vs  Chirren of the 90's.... Andre S, Cown, Troy, SHOTTA, dust orrrf allyuh gears.... We callin dem ole men out to cut deh arse.. We guh settle dis de Trini way..............................................FETE MATCH
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 04:55:13 PM by oconnorg »
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2005, 05:42:00 PM »
Many of us on this site were at the time to young or were'nt even born when the 73 squad played, I would love to see our past heroes in action, is there film or video footage in the archives somewhere in T&T showcasing the talents of these men,maybe if tallman,flex or anyone on this site who could provide info on this subject,I'm sure many forumites share the same interest.What would be nice is if they did a documentary on T&T football history from the very early days to present with those famous clubs like maple,malvern,colts,paragon,just to name a few,also colleges football strong following and impact. with schools being mentioned like qrc,st.marys,fatima,st.benedicts,belmont,naparima,sandotech,tranquil etc, and to top it off  include players such as:warren archibald,bobby sookram,alvin corneal,leroy de leon,squeaky hinds,carton franco,gally cummings,jim harding,jan steadman,andy aleong,just to name a few.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2005, 05:45:38 PM »
This is ah "nobrainer" 1973 squad was by far the best. To achieve what they did away from home with only one spot for CONCACAF back then was remarkable. I am old enough to have seen all three teams play and 4 or 5 of the players were from my hometown side(Civic...so I'm ah lil biased). Those fellas geh teams real licks in that tourny back den, not no 1-0 wins, but rather 4 and 5 goals per game.If they had just tied with Honduras no amount ah Haitian tiefing would have stopped us from getting that lone spot for Germany 74. Say wha...we there now...Germany 06!!!

VIBES IT UP!!!

Yuh know wot dis sounding like to me.... Ah matchup...... Chirren of de 60's vs chirren of the 80's vsĀ  Chirren of the 90's.... Andre S, Cown, Troy, SHOTTA, dust orrrf allyuh gears.... We callin dem ole men out to cut deh arse.. We guh settle dis de Trini way..............................................FETE MATCH

ah in dat...just need to shed about 20+ pounds ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2005, 06:53:45 PM »
my team is the 2005 soca warriors :beermug:

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2005, 11:27:09 PM »
WHAAAAAAATTTTTTT.

GALLY
STEVE DAVID
ARCHIBALD
KELVIN BARCLAY
WINSTON PHILLIPS
TWINKLE TOES BREWSTER
MURREN
PETER MITCHELL
WILFRED CAVE
SELRIS FIGARO
SELWN MURREN
RUSSEL THESHEIRA

allyuh want mih to call more names.

DAT SIDE WAS MAKING QUARTERS AT LEAST IN DAT WC.

73 HANDS DOWN , ASK ANYBODY WHO SEE DE THREE TEAMS AND STOP SCREWING AROUND WID DE BADDEST TEAM EVER TO PLAY FOR TRINIDAD.

PS. AND BUGGY HAYNES AND SAMMY DID NOT GO !!!!!
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2005, 05:03:59 AM »
I really believe the strike squad would take them out. Okay I would have Strike squad if trained by leo win WC.....
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline dills

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2005, 08:52:29 AM »
the team of 73' was obviously the best team. c'mon, consider the facts. There was only ONE spot for qualifying in our region (which we were supposed to take), the fact that we played on foreign soil and STILL managed to pull off these considerable goals margins. there's no question to this!

But hear me out eh. I love meh soca warriors tuh death. We qualify for next year World Cup, and the point is, we finally made it after all that tralala in 89 and 73. Go warriors! Deutschland here we come!  :beermug:

1]; } ?>