June 16, 2024, 03:58:30 AM

Author Topic: "I just thought about my hair and not to try and improve my performance"  (Read 809 times)

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
SIX-MONTH BAN FOR VUCICEVIC

1860 Munich midfielder Nemanja Vucicevic has been handed a six-month ban by the disciplinary committee of the German Football Association (DFB) after he tested positive for a banned substance last month.

On November 4, the 26-year-old tested positive for the substance Finasterid, which has been banned since January this year, although he maintains his innocence.

He claims it was included in a beauty product he had been using.

"I just thought about my hair and not to try and improve my performance," he said after admitting to using the hair growth aid Propecia.

Wacker Burghausen, the club 1860 defeated 2-0 in the German second division when the test was made, have appealed the result and their claim is yet to be heard by the DFB.

But while 1860 believe the sentence is too heavy and have promised to appeal, the DFB have defended their decision.

"It may be seen as a bit harsh, but we have to follow the conditions set out by FIFA," said disciplinary commission judge Hans-Hermann Menzel.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/overseas/germany/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=international_feed/05/12/02/SOCCER_Ger-1860_Munich_Vucicevic.html
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: "I just thought about my hair and not to try and improve my performance"
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 09:50:31 PM »
man geh ban from football for using hair products? wtf!? eida he covering up he own embarrissin mess or is true an he his just one REL unlucky fellah... jah
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

1]; } ?>