March 29, 2024, 03:41:47 AM

Author Topic: How Do We Prepare for Good Showing Against Brazil on Mar 29th '06?  (Read 7381 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
All yuh doh laugh at meh but the Friendly on March 29 is against Brazil in Port of Spain.

Real Good Source (the wishing well in meh back yard)!!

As so much men of good rep saying that it is Brazil we will face in our only preparation match in Trini for Germany, how do we start preparing from now so that we are not embarassed!

And do we think that Brazil will send their 'A' team to face us on 29th March in P.O.S?

Also how close is this match to T&T Carnival 2006? In other words would I have to fly from London to T&T twice if I wish to make my annual Carnival pilgrimage as well as see this historic game?!  :-\

Feed-back appreciated thanx
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 04:58:37 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How Do We Prepare for Good Showing Against Brazil on Mar 29th '06?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 04:17:35 PM »
No preparation required We will either get plenty licks or real licks

Jamaica was able to loose 1-0 to brazil

But now with Ronaldo Adriano Rondhino and Kaka Robinho waiting in the wings I seeing real licks comming from Brazil.

Best bet if for them to come with a local brazil squad.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 04:24:45 PM »
We have real potential for attack and for Brazil we should wuk on defense.

Ah eh have an answer for Ronaldinho, believe me ah try to get one. Cyd Gray go pull somethin off doh worry.

Dog go hold down Adriano and Tallest eh go let Ronaldo dribble past him.

Whitley go pull a one-two with Spann, shakin off Roberto Carlos and set Yorke free. He go release a long ball past Roque Junior to an unmarked Stern....GOALL !!
Jack go save a Juninho free-kick. Dida go save a Tallest header and but the ball only get cleared so far to Me Mum feet, den he go leggo a bullet....GOALL!!
Brazil 2-0 dong, in shock, den Latapy come on and create more chaos.  

Allyuh men laughin....ah serious!  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 04:27:05 PM »
We have real potential for attack and for Brazil we should wuk on defense.

Ah eh have an answer for Ronaldinho, believe me ah try to get one. Cyd Gray go pull somethin off doh worry.

Dog go hold down Adriano and Tallest eh go let Ronaldo dribble past him.

Whitley go pull a one-two with Spann, shakin off Roberto Carlos and set Yorke free. He go release a long ball past Roque Junior to an unmarked Stern....GOALL !!
Jack go save a Juninho free-kick. Dida go save a Tallest header and but the ball only get cleared so far to Me Mum feet, den he go leggo a bullet....GOALL!!
Brazil 2-0 dong, in shock, den Latapy come on and create more chaos.  

Allyuh men laughin....ah serious!  :beermug:

eh when yuh say allyuh men laughing iz when i was dying here with laff :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline trinibug

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 04:33:53 PM »
hmmm... prepare...
The team will take a brisk walk around the savannah, go by the oyster man and fix up!
Because as some of allyuh know after yuh get the oysters, yuh ready to tackle anything!
So we defence set dey already.
Must rhyme with an O

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 04:47:57 PM »
KND2, Grande man,  morvantman & trinibug!! Like all allyuh men on kicks?!

Is ah serious question I ask!! If this match is really on we need to put up a decent showing or else for World Cup in Germany everyone will be thinking T&T is ah walk-over side who simply there as 1st time whipping boys!

We need to prepare properly for this game so that we could hold Brazil to a low margin lost or even a draw! Imagine how the World will take notice if we pull off a draw against Brazil scoring some goals to boot especially after beating Mexico another top 10 team at home.

We shouldn't be throwing in the towel before a ball is kicked!

Now what do we do to seriously prepare?! This is serious business!!  >:(
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 04:57:42 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 04:53:37 PM »
I like to be optimistic but reality is really setting in and all I could see in my mind is jus like KND2 say: licks and real licks, but say what yuh cyar say nothing bad about a team if yuh playin the world champs and get beat.  If the Warriors play dem and put the kinda effort they play with when they played mexico in mexico then we go be good to go i feel.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 04:55:58 PM »
All yuh doh laugh at meh but the Friendly on March 29 is against Brazil in Port of Spain.

As so much men of good rep saying that it is Brazil we will face in our only preparation match in Trini for Germany, how do we start preparing from now so that we are not embarassed!

And do we think that Brazil will send their 'A' team to face us on 29th March in P.O.S?

Also how close is this match to T&T Carnival 2006? In other words would I have to fly from London to T&T twice if I wish to make my annual Carnival pilgrimage as well as see this historic game?!  :-\

Brazil playing in T&T? Highly unlikely....from a financial prsepctive, that game would more than likely play in the USA or Brazil.
Why bring players like Ronaldinho, Dida etc to play infront of 20,000 supporters in T&T, when you could get 70,000 fans in the Giants stadium or 100,000 in the Maracana, hence tripling your gate reciepts. Last time Jamiaca brought Uruguay to play in Kingston, it cost the JFF US$100,000 in appearance fees alone for Uruguay plus accomodations. I suspect Brazil will demand at least 2 times that figure!

Your home game will be vs Jamaica.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 05:00:31 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 05:01:39 PM »
we lookin for better competition dan de Reggae Boys.  ;D

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 05:02:14 PM »

Why would we play jamaica?  We need to play better opposition to prepare for the WC...not worse.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2005, 05:06:55 PM »

Why would we play jamaica?  We need to play better opposition to prepare for the WC...not worse.

You playing Jamaica for the resons outlined in the post. As to who is better,that can only be determined on teh field of play! T&T cannot afford to take Brazil to T&T. Unlessof course its some charity they doing. The USA would have a hard time getting Brazil to playin the USA. Even harder for T&T. Best bet, Columbia, Uruguay....or your big brother Jamaica. didnt we play you guys twice after qualifying for the world cup? seems like someone is chickening out.  ;D

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2005, 05:08:48 PM »
No preparation required We will either get plenty licks or real licks

Jamaica was able to loose 1-0 to brazil

But now with Ronaldo Adriano Rondhino and Kaka Robinho waiting in the wings I seeing real licks comming from Brazil.

Best bet if for them to come with a local brazil squad.

:rotfl: @ "either plenty licks or real licks!"
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2005, 05:16:24 PM »

You playing Jamaica for the resons outlined in the post. As to who is better,that can only be determined on teh field of play! T&T cannot afford to take Brazil to T&T. Unlessof course its some charity they doing. The USA would have a hard time getting Brazil to playin the USA. Even harder for T&T. Best bet, Columbia, Uruguay....or your big brother Jamaica. didnt we play you guys twice after qualifying for the world cup? seems like someone is chickening out.  ;D

"Big Brother" Jamaica?  :D Nobody chickening out, we just keepin it real. Despite de rumours, no body no for sure dat is Brazil we facing. But we are definitey looking for good competition, and Jamaica eh cutting it dese days. Dat is all.  :beermug:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2005, 05:21:00 PM »

Jamaica played us twice because you knew you needed to play against better opposition than yourselves...even if you had qualified for the WC and we didn't.

Well...we not playin Jamaica for the same reason.  We need to play against better opposition than ourselves and playing Jamaica would be several steps down.

We lookin fuh Filet Mignon fren...not Alpo.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2005, 05:33:17 PM »
I have to agree with grandeman when he mentioned that we have the attacking capability, but should work on our defense.  Historically we have been an offense team, our defense have not be as solid in recent years, and EVERY team in the final WILL come out swinging, we have no choice but to pay particular attention to our defense and set plays.

The posters that have played competitive ball (offensive positions) would tell you how wonderful it is when they have confidence in their defense, it motivates offensive players.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2005, 05:56:00 PM »
state your source and maybe you'd get some serious replies, pro.
Hart for president

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2005, 06:16:58 PM »
Lets look at it this way,we just beat Mexico and the word is we can beat them any time,Mexico does beat Brazil,don't worry we will beat Brazil too.
 Just joking!!!!!!!

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2005, 06:21:52 PM »
When it is so close to the world cup teams always send their best sides to play to help the coach get an idea of what they need to work on..and even if they send a B team im pretty sure that team would be filled with house hold names..rumour has it rivaldo and edmundo are both trying to get themselves back on  the brazil ntl team...yea but i am almost sure that they will send a close to if not full strength team

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2005, 06:38:40 PM »

Brazil playing in T&T? Highly unlikely....from a financial prsepctive, that game would more than likely play in the USA or Brazil.
Why bring players like Ronaldinho, Dida etc to play infront of 20,000 supporters in T&T, when you could get 70,000 fans in the Giants stadium or 100,000 in the Maracana, hence tripling your gate reciepts. Last time Jamiaca brought Uruguay to play in Kingston, it cost the JFF US$100,000 in appearance fees alone for Uruguay plus accomodations. I suspect Brazil will demand at least 2 times that figure!

we need to play a real team for this WC warm up ;D Jamaica doesn't fit that category.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2005, 06:40:11 PM »

how do you know what T&T can afford...think TTFF not JFF!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2005, 08:16:13 PM »
WE could start all three goalies  ;D

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2005, 04:39:43 PM »
WE could start all three goalies  ;D

I told allyuh men that ah wanted serious suggestions and not kicks!  >:(

state your source and maybe you'd get some serious replies, pro.

My source is 'Lower St. John' he is the man who basically told us to trust him that we will be facing Brazil in T&T come 29th Mar'06!   ;)

'Lower St. John' can you re-assure us of your source confirming this warm-up game vs Brazil?!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 04:42:00 PM by Socapro »

TrinInfinite

What Style of Ball do we adopt against Argentina and Brazil?
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2005, 07:50:03 PM »
If we do draw with them and most likely we will play them in a friendly, what type ah style we playing against dem?

Do we attack or do we defend and counter, I say we take it to dem, simply bc dey not expecting us tuh do dat, with a man like hardest and whitely in de mid wit latas, we could pull a few surprises in germany, allyuh may doubt me, but wit a mid like dat, brazil would b surprised wat we could do, dey wont expect it, de element of surprise is de bess ting 4 a team like brazil

vibes it up

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
Re: What Style of Ball do we adopt against Argentina and Brazil?
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2005, 08:01:54 PM »
am guessin beniee will not change much we will play our style make them adapt  2 us ;)
but he will hav a plan so we can catch them off gaurd

TrinInfinite

Re: What Style of Ball do we adopt against Argentina and Brazil?
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2005, 08:05:26 PM »
we will definately have tuh slow de game down, brazil want a fast paced game, juss like mexico, wat we did technically right in dat game was slow de game down and lul de other team tuh sleep and hit dem wit a burst of attack, brazil, hate dis brand of football, dey like fast pace from de get go, we must stop dem from playin a free flowing attacking game, but in de same instance, it would nice to see trinidad play dem wit free flowing ball also, all guns shooting, but de only problem dere is brazil have more weapons, so we may lose in a goal feast

truetrini

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2005, 07:07:00 AM »

Jamaica played us twice because you knew you needed to play against better opposition than yourselves...even if you had qualified for the WC and we didn't.

Well...we not playin Jamaica for the same reason.  We need to play against better opposition than ourselves and playing Jamaica would be several steps down.

Palos yuh real bad boy...calling de man team dog food  oh gard! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2005, 07:24:51 AM »

Palos yuh real bad boy...calling de man team dog food  oh gard! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Palos, I feel you have a serious gripe with Jamaica/Jamaicans. Whats he matter man? What happened?
By the Way, the 6-1 result in one of the games vs T&T was good practice for Jamaica.....it helped us sharpen our shooting skills!  ;D
Anyway, you are correct, T&T perhaps wont be playing Jamaica....Seems Jack might still be mad at the JFF for attempting to "help" Bahrain

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2005, 07:27:41 AM »

how do you know what T&T can afford...think TTFF not JFF!

I'm not saying T&T cant afford, I'm saying they will lose money if the game is played in T&T! Unless the game is subsides by the T&T Government or Jack Warner!

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2005, 07:40:25 AM »
I'm not saying T&T cant afford, I'm saying they will lose money if the game is played in T&T! Unless the game is subsides by the T&T Government or Jack Warner!

mr warner have plenty raincheque to collect from all parts of the world............so doe doubt brazil coming to play the warriors
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2005, 07:59:56 AM »

mr warner have plenty raincheque to collect from all parts of the world............so doe doubt brazil coming to play the warriors

If Jack is theone sponsoring the game, I am sure he would want to maximise profits. Playing Brazil in T&T would not maximise full earning potential. Play that game in the UK or the US, where there is a bigger market, he could esily double whatever he would have made in Trinidad.

1]; } ?>