April 18, 2024, 05:31:32 PM

Author Topic: How Do We Prepare for Good Showing Against Brazil on Mar 29th '06?  (Read 7448 times)

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: How Do We Prepare for Good Showing Against Brazil on Mar 29th '06?
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2005, 08:23:40 AM »
I acctually think we will do well.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2005, 08:35:40 AM »
A partner show me a scene that makes sense...the company that we hire to arrange the friendlies for the team is an adidas sponsored organisation and as such we linking up with other addidas teams, which is how the Argentina proposal came about (i sure if u check hungary u will see that they are addidas too). With that in mind, the match on the 29th is probably France, not Brazil, since Argentina seemingly out of the equation. I guess in Jack mind, Zidane and Henry will pull the same crowd as Ronaldinho and Kaka (stadium full either way !)

But on another scene...if u watch through past World Cup years, teams always try play each friendly with the men who going to the World Cup cause they need them to become familiar with each other so doh worry about Brazil or France sending a ''B" team unless is not on a FIFA scheduled date, in which case nobody want to play us anyway cause we not having Yorke, Latas or Andrews on those days either.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2005, 08:50:03 AM »
We could get ah chance to try out the innovative flat back 10 defense.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2005, 09:17:50 AM »
With that in mind, the match on the 29th is probably France, not Brazil, since Argentina seemingly out of the equation. I guess in Jack mind, Zidane and Henry will pull the same crowd as Ronaldinho and Kaka (stadium full either way !)

i think this makes alot more sense than brazil bc playing brazil would only help us prepare if we get drawn into the same group as them. No other team plays like brazil. however, there are more teams (european ones at least) that have styles similar to france. So playing france would help in our preparations for playing european sides - likely there are 2 european teams in our group.

Offline LICKS4SO

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2005, 09:33:11 AM »
The game might not make money playing in TnT, but the real reason a big game IS going to play in TnT is (1) Highlight our small nation we don't have no slogan on the US media saying....ta da..come to Jamaica and feel alright! playing in TnT would put us somewhat on thhe soccermap (2) I believe the citizens of TnT who pong so much iron during the home games causing problems for the opposition need to see us play a big team, the whole country can't afford to go to Germany the deserve a big game..and PAPA warner will not disappoint us

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2005, 10:31:23 AM »
Your home game will be vs Jamaica.

Why would we play jamaica?  We need to play better opposition to prepare for the WC...not worse.

You playing Jamaica for the resons outlined in the post. As to who is better,that can only be determined on teh field of play! T&T cannot afford to take Brazil to T&T. Unlessof course its some charity they doing. The USA would have a hard time getting Brazil to playin the USA. Even harder for T&T. Best bet, Columbia, Uruguay....or your big brother Jamaica. didnt we play you guys twice after qualifying for the world cup? seems like someone is chickening out.  ;D
Jealousy is annoying.

Hush yuh ass!
TnT Patriot

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2005, 10:39:58 AM »
I'm not saying T&T cant afford, I'm saying they will lose money if the game is played in T&T! Unless the game is subsides by the T&T Government or Jack Warner!

mr warner have plenty raincheque to collect from all parts of the world............so doe doubt brazil coming to play the warriors

If Jack is theone sponsoring the game, I am sure he would want to maximise profits. Playing Brazil in T&T would not maximise full earning potential. Play that game in the UK or the US, where there is a bigger market, he could esily double whatever he would have made in Trinidad.
ah just get off the phone with Jack dey an he say that we playing Brazil on Mar 29th in Jamaica.

He say they organizing it as a testimonial to raise money for the has been Reggae Boyz and the JFF.

Breds doh worry. We have money in Trini.

TnT Patriot

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2005, 01:09:37 PM »
ah just get off the phone with Jack dey an he say that we playing Brazil on Mar 29th in Jamaica.

He say they organizing it as a testimonial to raise money for the has been Reggae Boyz and the JFF.

There you go RF, yuh better prayer that T&T plays Brazil on 29th Mar'06 in T&T, its for your own benefit and survival!  ;D
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2005, 01:10:04 PM »

If Jack is theone sponsoring the game, I am sure he would want to maximise profits. Playing Brazil in T&T would not maximise full earning potential. Play that game in the UK or the US, where there is a bigger market, he could esily double whatever he would have made in Trinidad.

Reggaefan.....shut up !! "

The question is "how do we prepare for Brazil ?", not "can we afford to Bring them to T&T ?"..stop straying from the point just to pour salt.....No one asked you how bad of an idea it is to bring Brazil to T&T....

..ok it's not financially feasible to bring them to Trini....thanks Mr Greenspan......now answer the post or shut up.......

To prepare for Brazil, we need to be very tactical and our defense needs to stay very very disciplined. It's a no-brainer that against a team like Brazil we will have to soak up alot of pressure...That being said, if we can hold firm and weather the storms...our counter-attack THEN has to be quick and effective- something that I have not seen from us in this campaign.......we take absoultely too long to get from one end of the field to the next, unless it's a long useless pass...

Beenie has done alot of work with the team to improve possession.....I think against opposition like Brazil, it will be tough/impossible to win the possession game, so our focus should be on staying extremely disciplined in defense, and practice being alot quicker in the attack when the spaces open up.......
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 01:20:00 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2005, 01:18:17 PM »

The question is "how do we prepare for Brazil ?", not "can we afford to Bring them to T&T ?"..stop straying from the point just to pour salt.....No one asked you how bad of an idea it is to bring Brazil to T&T....

..ok it's not financially feasible to bring them to Trini....thanks Mr Greenspan......now answer the post or shut up.......

To prepare for Brazil, we need to be very tactical and our defense needs to stay very very disciplined. It's a no-brainer that against team like Brazil we will have to soak up alot of pressure...That being said, if we can hold firm and weather the storms...our counter-attack THEN has to be quick and effective- something that I have not seen from us in this campain.......we take absoultely too long to get from one end of the field to the next, unless it's a long useless pass...

Beenie has done alot of work with the team to improve possession.....I think against opposition like Brazil, it will be tough/impossible to win the possession game, so our focus should be on staying extremely disciplined in defense, and practice being alot quicker in the attack when the spaces open up.......

Kicker, I will shut up! Hope I'll be able to see that game here in the states. By the way, I did give my two cents on what T&T needs to do not only when they play Brazil, but the approach they need to take in their World Cup games. (emphasis on defence)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 01:21:09 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2005, 02:14:49 PM »

There you go RF, yuh better prayer that T&T plays Brazil on 29th Mar'06 in T&T, its for your own benefit and survival!  ;D

:rotfl: RF you like a glutton for punishment...yuh ent tired take abuse boy. In Trini we call dat ah bobolee.  Sometimes I wonder if RF is really happy at our success or just like to fuel some ridiculous fire over JA football(if there is such a thing) and T&T football(you kno...big boy football)
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2005, 02:31:15 PM »

To prepare for Brazil, we need to be very tactical and our defense needs to stay very very disciplined. It's a no-brainer that against a team like Brazil we will have to soak up alot of pressure...That being said, if we can hold firm and weather the storms...our counter-attack THEN has to be quick and effective- something that I have not seen from us in this campaign.......we take absoultely too long to get from one end of the field to the next, unless it's a long useless pass...

Slow counterattack???
u eh see Tallest Panama goal?
Pace like wind
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2005, 02:42:39 PM »

:rotfl: RF you like a glutton for punishment...yuh ent tired take abuse boy. In Trini we call dat ah bobolee.  Sometimes I wonder if RF is really happy at our success or just like to fuel some ridiculous fire over JA football(if there is such a thing) and T&T football(you kno...big boy football)

I'm here totalk about football. If you take a look at the RBZ forum, you'd see that the topics there at the moment are mostly about politics.
I will partake in any debate on this site that is football related. In the end my view smay be offensive, but thats understandable.

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2005, 02:56:34 PM »
i think we should make them play in the centre and kill of their attacks on the flanks (like barcelona did against real madrid recently)

then we play three forwards and just attack attack attack

and if all hell breask loose,....we just play a flat back 10

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2005, 04:31:56 PM »

and if all hell breask loose,....we just play a flat back 10

:rotfl: :rotfl:

daiz a new one..take a  :beermug: :beermug:

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2005, 05:20:49 PM »
there is only one way we will b ready for brazil.PRAYER REAL HARD.ONLY PRAYERS COULD HELP.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2005, 06:53:30 PM »
No preparation required We will either get plenty licks or real licks

Jamaica was able to loose 1-0 to brazil

But now with Ronaldo Adriano Rondhino and Kaka Robinho waiting in the wings I seeing real licks comming from Brazil.

Best bet if for them to come with a local brazil squad.
funny but true,

but when we go germany we not goin and play no easy teams. so  to play argentina or brazil is best for us. it will be a big challenge and that what we need.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 06:58:21 PM by Tallman »

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2005, 07:01:47 PM »
there is only one way we will b ready for brazil.PRAYER REAL HARD.ONLY PRAYERS COULD HELP.

:rotfl: :rotfl: yuh know how long ah telling man dat.

Offline gtokyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Don't come BRAZIL UNLESS
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2005, 12:39:37 AM »
Ah see nuff man who want Brazil to come on March 29th...Me ent too sure about that UNLESS dem fellas really bringing dey first team.  If they bring ah set ah old men....then allyuh go say we shoulda play Jaboteh. >:(  I already see Uncle Jack go have to spend at least U.S.$1 million plus in promotional fees, guess appearances etc for tis side below to come over to our shores if we really want D Best team to come.
This includes
1.Ronaldo
2.Adriano
3.Kaka
4.Ronaldinho
5.Robinho
6.Cafu
7.Ze Roberto
8.Serginho
9.Edmilson
10.Roberto Carlos
11.Dida
Subs (ALEX,Renato,an da fella call RIVALDO) ;D

p.s Ah could already see D excuses..yeah boy dem fellas cant come because of commitments in D Copa America and Champions League...

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
Re: Don't come BRAZIL UNLESS
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2005, 12:44:54 AM »
honestly i don't think we playing Brazil on March 29th. If some how Jack manage to pull it off which he can i don't think they will come with their full team. Anyway i may be wrong. It would be wonderful to see the world champions play in our country. It would be historic especially if we spank they tail

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2005, 12:48:15 AM »
Where we getting de money to pay dem?
Where we putting 250,000 people ?
Do we have de emergency services for de riot ?
When de traffic jam from Cedros to Port of Spain go dun ?
Kidnapping and robbery go rise 100 times fuh dem badboys tuh get money tuh buy designer socawarriors jersey .
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline gtokyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2005, 12:57:14 AM »
I really hope they have some contingent plans in place be it Brazil or whoever we are lucky to be playing. Just to sidetrack, from past history I am not quite sure we are organized enough for selling tickets...Apparently we have more transparency now as it pertains to gate receipts etc.  I think that tickets should be sold on the internet.  Computers are everywhere in Trinidad.  I dont think people can complain that they dont have access to a PC. 

Offline rotato poti 1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2005, 02:40:25 AM »
gtokyo living a pipe dream. no way that team could make it to Trinidad unless we give them some good curry goat and roti.

:rotfl:

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2005, 05:24:46 AM »
I don't know if you all remember the year the New York Cosmos came to T&T with Pele,Roderto Carlos etc i think one man died,police had to use Tear-gas to control the crowd,the game did not last the full time and Pele only played about 25 mins.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2005, 06:38:53 AM »
I find we in to football too long to be asking if the friendly whomsoever ever we play, will include 1st team players. Any friendly right before the World Cup will include 1st players !

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2005, 09:08:29 AM »
how was Martinque able to host France and Costa Rica? who foot the bill for that game?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2005, 09:58:06 AM »
I don't know if you all remember the year the New York Cosmos came to T&T with Pele,Roderto Carlos etc i think one man died,police had to use Tear-gas to control the crowd,the game did not last the full time and Pele only played about 25 mins.

Coops...that wasn't NY Cosmos.  That was Santos.  And I eh know if Carlos Alberto (Roberto Carlos may not have even been born then) did play fuh Santos in dat game.  Game play in de Oval and T&T and one player on the T&T team that day was Sammy Llewlyn....same Sammy who leadin de protests against TTFF etc.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Clarke

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2005, 12:06:00 PM »
We have real potential for attack and for Brazil we should wuk on defense.

Ah eh have an answer for Ronaldinho, believe me ah try to get one. Cyd Gray go pull somethin off doh worry.

Dog go hold down Adriano and Tallest eh go let Ronaldo dribble past him.

Whitley go pull a one-two with Spann, shakin off Roberto Carlos and set Yorke free. He go release a long ball past Roque Junior to an unmarked Stern....GOALL !!
Jack go save a Juninho free-kick. Dida go save a Tallest header and but the ball only get cleared so far to Me Mum feet, den he go leggo a bullet....GOALL!!
Brazil 2-0 dong, in shock, den Latapy come on and create more chaos. 

Allyuh men laughin....ah serious!  :beermug:

Boy Roberto Carlos like to run like ah mad man. Edwards go give him a little wrong address and send him skatin down the line and swing it in for Kenwyne to butt in.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2005, 01:20:20 PM »
how was Martinque able to host France and Costa Rica? who foot the bill for that game?

Ah think that was a FIFA-sponsored charity game. Martinique didn't host it.  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2005, 01:44:43 PM »

Ah think that was a FIFA-sponsored charity game. Martinique didn't host it.  :beermug:

maybe FIFA could sponsor one for us too ;D

1]; } ?>