March 28, 2024, 09:20:37 AM

Author Topic: What should stern john do right now?  (Read 9340 times)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What should stern john do right now?
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2005, 07:42:24 PM »
Doh study dem Disgruntled... I find it was funny....  :rotfl:

I still holdin my belly here!!!......

light de house, and jus lie down... oh gawwdo!!!

steups
you feel I have them to study FF
me eh putting no water in my mouth for nobody
who doh like it bite it

them is the same men who when the man playing and he jes purging does be bawling boy take off Stern and this and that but as he score he should get ah Trinity cross

NOT ME

even after the Mexico game when he score them 2 goal I wanted to tell the man thanks for everything eh Stern but we could do without the lacklustre play so THANKS

Més que un club.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2005, 07:45:09 PM »
steups whatever yes

cause many ah time I does be walking out the stadium and watch over the side and tell meh self it easier to jump than to watch this team play anymore

hard luck boss...i guess de imagery was a little too much for me on a Sunday night. I see you just really a  disgruntled fella...who loves his TnT ball. Like you need a  :beermug:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2005, 07:52:05 PM »
Kicker said it best
is either yuh love the man or hate him dread

me
I like men who does fight ah game to the end
ah man who go run back get the ball and take it to ah defence
not stand up and wait on ah cross or ah through ball (that might never come) to toe poke it home

for all he criticsm now Raul 2 years ago was one of them players
when he realise he eh getting the ball he running back and doing something about it Eto'o now is one of the players last week the man take the ball from the half and take on 4 defenders and score

Més que un club.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2005, 07:58:40 PM »
Doh study dem Disgruntled... I find it was funny....  :rotfl:

I still holdin my belly here!!!......

light de house, and jus lie down... oh gawwdo!!!

them is the same men who when the man playing and he jes purging does be bawling boy take off Stern and this and that but as he score he should get ah Trinity cross.....

nah boss...you getting it twisted...
but like yuh disgruntled...say your piece and get it out your system

Offline real-warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2005, 08:04:37 PM »
 Â It seems dat Stern plays rell good wen he's under pressure like for the Mexico match wen he didnt score the penalty and den realize dat everyone was critisizing him and den come and score two beautiful goals ;)

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2005, 08:05:53 PM »
Stay as far away as possible from somebody called Disgruntled Trini. >:(

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2005, 08:07:41 PM »
  It seems dat Stern plays rell good wen he's under pressure like for the Mexico match wen he didnt score the penalty and den realize dat everyone was critisizing him and den come and score two beautiful goals ;)

WHAT YOU TALKING BOUT

we under pressure right through dan
that whole Hex is pressue yuh cyah afford to miss ah penalty and then try and atone for yuh mistakes

boy I realise all yuh does watch football yes
all yuh doh study the game

Més que un club.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2005, 08:14:21 PM »
Disgruntled, Stern score two goals vs Mexico but yuh still want to bench him. 
Stern was the 2nd highest scorer in the WORLD in WCQ, and you can't give him credit for that.

If yuh want de man to score 20 goals then yuh will never be satisfied so maybe you should lower your expectations to a realistic level.

Or maybe you have somebody in mind who will score more than 12 goals?  If yuh do I want to hear who.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2005, 08:26:34 PM »

and I know wha go happen yuh know
somebody go come and post some stats and tell meh bout look how much goal he score

wha I say
what did I say

Disgruntled, Stern score two goals vs Mexico but yuh still want to bench him. 
Stern was the 2nd highest scorer in the WORLD in WCQ, and you can't give him credit for that.

If yuh want de man to score 20 goals then yuh will never be satisfied so maybe you should lower your expectations to a realistic level.

Or maybe you have somebody in mind who will score more than 12 goals?  If yuh do I want to hear who.

Més que un club.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2005, 08:47:14 PM »
I used to rate Stern in the Columbus Crew days, even when he came to England...even supported him when I couldn't understand why Dwight would chose to go to Bir and squeeze out his country mate,  but the fact remains he's not consistent in his performances over this campaign. People keep pointing to goals...do any of you know who Ali Daei is ??......didn't think many of you would. yet he's Irananian and  is the all time international goal scorer. Being an all time goal scorer means nothing, if ur not consistent in scoring in such a crucial campaign. Especially if there are others who have potential to score, kenwyne jones and cornell glenn just to name two.

that being said, i think Stern needs to go to a club where he will get to play first team football regularly.......don't think killing himself is solution though disgruntled  :-\

« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 08:49:58 PM by FLi ! »
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2005, 08:48:04 PM »
You said it because it is an obvious argument.

So why do you choose to ignore it ???

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2005, 09:40:04 PM »
. People keep pointing to goals...do any of you know who Ali Daei is ??......didn't think many of you would. yet he's Irananian and  is the all time international goal scorer......

Dat's a poor example pardnah. If you doh know who Ali Dei is then you doh watch ball. Either that or you real young. De man was a big player for Bayern Munich and Hertha Berlin in Germany. He played in WC 98 for Iran and is their current captain now for Germany 2006 and in the twighlight of his carreer still banging them in for Iran. Sorry, de man eh no Ronaldo, and he never was overhyped or overmarketed, but he is a big player...much bigger than Stern

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2005, 11:13:49 PM »
 Stern John has been through some tough times with his club...The man went thru quite a bad spell with T&T too but Disgruntled being a complete ass about Stern....Is a player like Inzaghi any different? Is Trezeget any different?To call Stern a hound is foolish...His stats show that you talking sh*t....He doesn't run back and tackle....he does wait for the ball...He lazy and slow....All this I could agree with but at the end of the day Stern John is a striker and the role of a striker is to SCORE...It don't matter how yuh do it...Disgruntled is a blood-sucker....I wanted Stern on the bench when he wasn't scoring too but i always maintained the fact that i knew he could get it back with a couple goals...Kenywne Jones hasn't scored a goal for us although his role is to hold up the ball (you int say nothing about that)...Disgruntled you are an real idiot(you don't know anything about football) ...People like you are part of the reason why our football has been stagnated over the years because allyuh always worried about how a man looking on the field and not on what job he fulfills.....go T&T :(

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2005, 12:19:07 AM »
Ponnox I hatta agree with you especially the end.  Of all the strikers we ever had, nobody take us where stern take us...and men will call for Jones and Scotland and Glen ad whoever to start...and what them same fellas go say when Glen and dem doh perform - we shoulda leave on stern?  Stern is a proven goal scorer.  Them other fellas had chances too, count how much matches started, minutes played vs goals scored...true they have smaller minutes than stern, but if you take the average, Stern still come out on top.

and for bullshit talk sake - the only man I feel have any right to complain that they have not been proven to be a non-goalscorer is Errol McFarlane.
Also if Scotty keep up thius scoring pace it go have no choice but to give him a bligh in front of stern next rounds and see if he could reproduce for we.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2005, 12:44:39 AM »
As far as playing fuh T&T, I'm confident he will continue to score goals for us. However, at dis point, he need tuh start playing regular football, at whatever cost. I think he should go to Scotland, or in de worst situation MLS. His loan deal expire dis month at Derby, if he return tuh Coventry, it go be de same problem. May be Lattas could pull some strings, and get him at Falkirk or another club, friendlies an de world cup, just around de corner and he need tuh stay sharp.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2005, 01:54:48 AM »
I personally think all those club not playing our players because they know if they stay sharp by the time WC T$T would be deadly. Conspiricy Theory.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2005, 01:58:53 AM »
I ent doubting that d lack of regular play affecting d man...but he have a chance everyday in practice to break into d side. He obviously doing something wrong there. I remember when Stern was d engine room of we side, now he looking like a shadow of he former self.

A lil competition ent go hurt him, if someone else could challenge him for his spot and also play a more defensive role as far as running back and making tackles to win d ball den we should welcome dat...all in making d team stronger. Ah mean right now...if dey have to take off Stern...who coming in dat could really say is a clinical finisher and ball winner? Ah know he is a striker but if yuh not getting service den doh stand up and cry...go get d damn ball. If Beenie had such a man at his disposal imagine what kinda madness he coulda cook up.

He could bounce back...but only if he spot in danger and that in itself isn't a good thing since he should be playing 110% fuh we regardless.

Disgruntled...dat was kinda hard boy...gas ent cheap

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2005, 04:03:49 AM »
Stern time done at Derby fellas, they would be crazy to renew his loan deal. What Stern have to worry bout is should he try and fight for his place at Coventry. Same goes fuh Ince.

I've said (and posted it) many times, since Stern left Birmingham he has been frequently asked to play a role like Mark Hughes did for Man Utd. In my humble opinion Stern cannot play that way and will therefore struggle to score in a posistion that is not noted for prolific scoring anyway. ALL T&T players in England, including Yorke have been accused at some point in their careers here of being lazy, sadly its just their style of play...we doh hustle around the pitch scraping fuh every ball going 100% into every challenge. To the English and Scottish that is called committment/passion....to others its called a waste of energy. He is now WAY down the pecking order at Coventry. I say to Stern drop a division (Go back to Forest man.... ;D) or go abroad, that includes the SPL.

I doh understand the situation with Ince, he joined knowing he would be backup yet when the First choice got injured, he only played a few games before they brought in a new loan keeper. Looks to me like he aint held in much high reguard there.

My advice to Clayton and Stern move on in January fellas.

Offline Valefan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2005, 06:26:49 AM »
Stern needs to go to Scotland.

He will perform better there,

How does that work!?! The standard of Scottish football is well below that of ours in England- and it's f**king freezing there and always rains too!
GOOOO on Me MUM

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2005, 06:56:21 AM »
Kenywne Jones hasn't scored a goal for us although his role is to hold up the ball (you int say nothing about that)...

Fuh de record, Kenwyne has 1 international goal (against Bermuda in May).
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2005, 07:48:13 AM »
HANDS OFF STERN JOHN......HE HAVE ALL AH WE TAKING LOAN TO GO GERMANY.....SOME MIGHT NEVER PAY BACK...BECAUSE OF STERN....THATS WHY YUH VEX DISGRUNTLED???...JACKASS.....

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2005, 08:06:30 AM »
and I know wha go happen yuh know
somebody go come and post some stats and tell meh bout look how much goal he score

Since you asked so nicely  ;D
http://www.rsssf.com/miscellaneous/john-intlg.html

I agree that he should go to a "lesser" team on loan where he will get playing time, score goals, and boost his confidence. Come on Wrexham, you know you want him!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2005, 08:44:10 AM »
to all the men here that I does talk to daily and doh like Stern jes like me but fraid to say anything for fear of what men like Andre Samuel and Marvantman go say
HAUL ALL YUH MOODAS COHNT

the man is ah shit snake simple and plain

What should Stern John need to do right now Teflon Don??

I go tell yuh

he need to go by the grocery and buy 2 pack ah minora razor blade and then go by the gas station and but bout $5 in gas

sprinkle the gas all over he house and light it then take the razor blade and slit he wrist and jes lie down
dred
wha d ass u talkin bout stern killin himself
we sure as hell wouldn't be in any world cup without him
yuh need to cool it with that suicide talk
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 08:49:09 AM by Marcos »
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2005, 10:27:41 AM »
wha kinda ting ya postin on here disgruntled trini? stern is one of de reasons why T&T in de world cup. i think dat once stern go back to coventry he'll get playing time,  cuz look where coventry is in de standings. close to de bottom 3. i know dat coventry rel missin stern.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

MickeyRat

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2005, 10:44:31 AM »
wha kinda ting ya postin on here disgruntled trini? stern is one of de reasons why T&T in de world cup. i think dat once stern go back to coventry he'll get playing time, cuz look where coventry is in de standings. close to de bottom 3. i know dat coventry rel missin stern.

But yuh eh think if they missin he so much, why they eh take him back sooner?  He on loan.
I feelin real bad for the man.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2005, 11:27:55 AM »
Why Birmingham release him in de first place? Emile Heskey. Lawd put ah hand. Stern would almost always score goals when he was substituted, and Steve Bruce knew that. Now they struggling in the bottom of the EPL. Ah hope Stern get back into the playing groove in Coventry and wid de WC in mind, he go play on fire.  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2005, 11:30:22 AM »
Stern needs to go to Scotland.

He will perform better there,

How does that work!?! The standard of Scottish football is well below that of ours in England- and it's f**king freezing there and always rains too!

If Scottish ball is at a lower level than where Derby and Coventry playing now maybe Stern should try that, Rangers needs some goals

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2005, 11:48:42 AM »
boy Stern John couldn't score in the University of VC with ah pocketfull ah money.

Més que un club.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2005, 12:21:33 PM »
boy Stern John couldn't score in the University of VC with ah pocketfull ah money.

Disgruntled why yuh hate d poor man so boy
he had his struggles but he has also had good success
u think they have players who should be playin ahead of him?
Beenie didn't think so
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2005, 01:56:09 PM »
The point is not whether he was or is having a bad spell or not...the fact of the matter is he is not playing in the games at all...so he not gettin ah sweat.....

Also,  one of the reasons a team sends you on loan is to either get yuh extra playin time on another team because your team have to many people at that position or   number 2. yuh rehabbing.....

AS tallman say he will be back in just under 2-weeks....

But seriously Tallman.........you really think Coventry goin an play he when he not match fit when he go back.........come again...

Ah love Stern......but if he really wants to do what is good for himself, his country and more importantly to get valuable minutes in the worldcup....he needs to be on the pitch and not on the bench  !!

He needs to do whatever it takes to get playin time.......from makin demands to coventry manager or playin for Jabloteh......for the time being if yuh not gettin minutes....every option is on the table
Warrior For Life !!

1]; } ?>