March 28, 2024, 04:59:26 PM

Author Topic: TTFF looks to bring in Zamora, Samuel, Warner  (Read 17710 times)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
TTFF looks to bring in Zamora, Samuel, Warner
« on: December 03, 2005, 09:35:12 PM »
T&T hope for Premiership trio
By Graeme Bailey (Sky Sports News)

Trinidad & Tobago have formally asked Fifa to clear both Bobby Zamora and Tony Warner to play for them.

The Caribbean nation are also appealing against the decision not to allow Aston Villa's Trinidad-born defender Jlloyd Samuel to play for them.

Warner's case - as long as his T&T ancestry can be proven - looks straightforward as he has not represented England during his career.

However, both Zamora and Samuel look unlikely to win their cases.

Zamora has not had his application rejected, but having played for England Under-21s - Fifa rules now state that although a player can switch nations he must do so before he is 21.

There was a loophole which allowed over-age players like of Fredi Kanoute to switch to Mali - but that was closed last year.

Should Fifa stand by their ruling then Zamora and Samuel would both be denied their World Cup dream.

T&T, though, remain hopeful and their special advisor Jack Warner confirmed that they had put their case to Fifa over Warner, Zamora and Samuel.

"We have not closed the door to any player and I can tell you that we have gone to Fifa and requested permission to allow Bobby Zamora and Anthony Warner to play for us while we have appealed the decision against Jlloyd Samuel," confirmed Warner.
TTFF looks to bring in Zamora, Samuel, Warner
Trinidad Guardian

The T&T football team could look significantly different from the one which defeated Bahrain when it takes the field in its first World Cup game in Germany.

This was confirmed by Special Adviser to the T&T Football Federation Austin Jack Warner who revealed that TTFF has already applied to

Fifa for West Ham striker Bobby Zamora and Fulham FC footballer Anthony Warner to play for T&T and has also appealed Fifa’s decision to dis-allow an earlier application from Aston Villa left back defender Jlloyd Samuel.

Warner said: “We have not closed the door to any player and I can tell you that we have gone to Fifa and requested permission to allow Bobby Zamora and Anthony Warner to play for us while we have appealed the decision against Jlloyd Samuel.”

The Concacaf President who left yesterday to witness the drawing for next year’s World Cup said local players in the Professional Football League as well as other players who qualify to play for this country will be considered.

“A coach will be looking at the local players in action to see if any of them can make the team and also a scout will be looking at footballers playing in the US to see if they can also make the team.

Ah know Jack was going and appeal Fifa's decision, and Tony Warner has been quiet, but I knew it was only a matter of time before he would be mentioned.  Wha allyuh think, fellas?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 12:42:18 PM by Tallman »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF looks to bring in Zamora, Samuel, Warner
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 09:40:35 PM »
uncle jack would take care of us ;D

trutrini doh kill meh :rotfl:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 09:59:49 PM »
Zamora is hound....I don't want him to make our side

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 10:01:25 PM »
o gorm... (well yuh do kina have a point dey)
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 10:08:09 PM »
who is anthony warner..somone enlighten me....glad to see they appealing....BUT i still kina not feelin the Zamora scene

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 10:08:26 PM »
as beenie say..once team chemistry not disrupted i welcoming anyone
go TnT :beermug:
Back in Trini...

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2005, 10:18:08 PM »
who is anthony warner..somone enlighten me....glad to see they appealing....BUT i still kina not feelin the Zamora scene

Tony Warner was on loan to Fulham (I forgot from what club).  I think he will (or has been offered) be offered a permanent deal by Fulham.  Right now, he seems to be the #2, since mark Crosley came back from injury.  He had approached the TTFF about representing us during the '98 campaign, but nothing materialized.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2005, 10:22:09 PM »
Tallman How old is Tony Warner By The way...

the only person i not feelin is Zamora.... everyone else can have a look..!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2005, 11:38:25 PM »
he 31 yrs
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2005, 11:42:49 PM »
This is a pile ah @$$.

I don't recall any of them wanting to join us when it looked hopeless.  It's a slap in the face to the guys that got us to this point.

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2005, 11:52:13 PM »
This is a pile ah @$$.

I don't recall any of them wanting to join us when it looked hopeless.  It's a slap in the face to the guys that got us to this point.

relax,,,warner always wanted to be part ah de mix...years now.

Samuel born in T&T and Zamora is welcome too.

time to move on.

if dem fellas eligible..we good

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2005, 12:07:30 AM »
nowtony  warner look good  in d post but dont we have 3 good keepers already so where he fitting on d plane
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

truetrini

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2005, 12:11:05 AM »
nowtony  warner look good  in d post but dont we have 3 good keepers already so where he fitting on d plane

he doh have to make de team yuh know.  none ah dem have tuh.

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2005, 02:30:06 AM »
Nuttin wrong with getting more versatile players for different situations...kinda like bringing Latas off d bench when d defence tired to rip dem up and provide better service to d strikers. If yuh look at d EPL its a fast paced game so men who sweating dey regular could be valuable.

Having some more depth on the different positions not bad also

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2005, 02:51:47 AM »
Who cares how they where before. We need to live in the now. T&T coming to germany and need all the help we can get to represent good. What a cinderilla story if we come and even make it to the semi's.. It's a dream but all things a possible.

Seriously think about that. Every one wants to make the top 16. I want to make TOP 8 or even Finals. Have hope in the decisions being made.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2005, 05:30:11 AM »
I was saying to Rodney and others that Zamora is still eligible to lay for T&T. Whether we like it or not, chances are he will be in the starting 11 too! I supporting team T&T, no matter who the players are.

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2005, 06:30:37 AM »
J loyd Samuel is a very good left sided player . About 3 years ago a friend of mine was at a manu - Villa game and he called out to J Loyd , once JLoyd heard the Trini accent he said hello to him .

No coach in the world will not seriously consider a quality left sided player .

I wish we can get JLOYD .. i am not too impressed with the committment that Zamora had ever shown to T&T !!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2005, 07:43:33 AM »
LLoyd is good to go,  but Zamora should be gaven a chance to represent ^TNT but not in de wrl cup..He should not be gaven dat dream to travel to de wrl cup only!!!!!!!!!f**k wey wid Him !!!!!! call him up for several goal cup apperence ...Dats bout it..Bout yu go diss TNT and now yu wah travel go Germany ..Piss of wid dat.. NO PLAYER WHO HELP TNT QUALIFY SHOULD SIT HOME AND WATCH A MAN WHO DOESNT CARE ABOUT DE RED BLACK AND WHITE GO GERMANY .....All players who have been dropped should be called back before ZAMORA gets a chance. He is a young player dat TNT will need in de future but we could use him in de goal cup..f**k wey wid him!!!!!!!!!!!!
warmonga...
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2005, 07:51:57 AM »
We need a left sided player badly. We have nobody execpt for Latapy who can put in a good cross from the left side.  We wasteing Latapy on the left side.  Samuel could really help the scene and he is a young player too.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2005, 07:53:23 AM »
I was saying to Rodney and others that Zamora is still eligible to lay for T&T. Whether we like it or not, chances are he will be in the starting 11 too! I supporting team T&T, no matter who the players are.
starting 11? a who gettin drop fi MR English(Zamora?)  tell mi nuh
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 07:56:23 AM by warmonga »
Black Lives Matter..

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2005, 07:57:03 AM »
I think we have enough quality goalkeepers....if tony warner was to be added to the team, he would have to offer something above and beyond that of Ince, Shaka and Jack....and he doesn't.

With respect to JLloyd and Zamora, I think it adds depth to the team, but I fed up of us always begging FIFA for some concession!!
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2005, 08:05:34 AM »
Warmonga, I can't tell yuh who will get drop for Zamora to start. What I am saying is that if he is in the team, I wont be surprised if he starts, because that is the nature of international football. There is no place for sentiment and emotion. What I do think, is that the starting 11 in the WC, will be very different from the last match against Bahrain.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2005, 08:14:27 AM »
Warmonga, I can't tell yuh who will get drop for Zamora to start. What I am saying is that if he is in the team, I wont be surprised if he starts, because that is the nature of international football. There is no place for sentiment and emotion. What I do think, is that the starting 11 in the WC, will be very different from the last match against Bahrain.

You make a lot sene here but I don't think that it automatically means he'll start.  I do agree with you that the starting 11 will be very different to what we had in the qualifiers. We could see Cyd claiming the RB and Spann moving into midfield. We might even go to the 4-4-2 permanently which would mean Jones starting. All kinds of possibilities exist. We could even see men like Atiba back in the mix

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2005, 08:17:10 AM »
T&T lived a dream without any of them fellas, why can't the dream continue without them?? If those fellas get a call up, they should be relegated to the bench, just to lock them up for T&T and let the other fellas playout the dream then after world cup quarters when we get beat on penalty kicks and we start a new campaign, bring them fellas in full time.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2005, 08:29:31 AM »
For us to go Germany and NOT make up numbers..I welcome anyone who can help the TEAM. Is a long time from now and our first match and man could get injured etc.. we need to have a bigger pool to choose from.

BTW..I think its Bman's call...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2005, 08:34:55 AM »
Zamora is hound....I don't want him to make our side

In what way is  zamora not better than scotland ,jones ,and sealy . Plus what makes you think he will make the team
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2005, 08:44:50 AM »
First of all Zamora hadda decide if he wanna be in or out......if he decide to be in my prob is dat i hope when we call him up for matches after the world cup...he doh play ting an decide not to come an all dat kinda shit.

to be honest kenwyne jones is a better striker....if kenwyne get half d chances zamora gets he wud score them....he is stronger and a more accurate finisher than zamora.....but not taking away from zamora he to is a quality striker.....not the best in the world but with a good midfiield behind him he could do great things....with that said HE STILL HADDA PROVE HIS LOYALTY.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2005, 08:54:19 AM »
I would wecome everyone , but not Zamora. He has already proven that he has no loyalty to T&T.
I am sure that after the world cup he will not want to play in friendlies or Gold Cup for us.
Sure every body wants to play in the world cup but you must pay your dues first.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2005, 08:59:36 AM »
everybody is ah trini now , doh disrepect sanybody, if dey good enough let them play....
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2005, 09:01:16 AM »
Fellas, if the TTFF and Beenie was happy with the team we currently have, do you think they would be on an advertising campaign for anyone with a T&T passport to contact dem?

1]; } ?>