April 27, 2024, 01:30:11 PM

Author Topic: Stern listening to de board or wha?  (Read 2097 times)

TrinInfinite

Stern listening to de board or wha?
« on: April 18, 2005, 08:58:47 AM »
ive been posting his lack of creativity for a long time, saying he needs to create and attack, cant wait for service, now de man sayin he have 2 go back to his old form, ah like dis, if he holds true to his word, he will be deadly, i say we go with 3 strikers, jones, john if he really change his style and glenn, glenn running is an asset and creates problems for de defense, freein up men like jones and john to slot it home

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
Re: Stern listening to de board or wha?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 01:48:16 PM »
 ???

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 03:04:18 PM »
Birmingham just used him as a stop gap but never really rated his ability and Coventry seemed to believe John was best used as a 'Targetman' then were amazed  when he was'nt scoring!?

This was a comment I made in another thread. I've made similar posts on the old boards since Stern went to Coventry. Is it not astonishing that since Stern stopped being used as a Targetman and began concentrating more on his own game....the goals have begun to return!  If you guys saw Stern play for Coventry, you would see what I mean...Peter Reid did not use John's strength (i.e. scoring goals) at least it seems Adams is trying to accomodate him more.  Being a Forest Fan I will bite my tongue on Stern's treatment by the 'SO-CALLED' Coventry fans.....lets just say they obiviously had never see Stern play before he was signed  >:(

It's not like he has been applying himself much differently on the pitch, just that he has more of an oppertunity to have a go at goal instead of constantly playing with his back to goal trying to link other players into the attack.  For a striker goals breed confidence, all he needed was a better oppertunity to do just that....lets hope it continues :)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 07:04:56 PM »
Rodney,TNT gave the man  the 'green light' and the confidence to go score but so far  it's been a flop!!!!!!!!

Too much British ale and crumpets, dolls and that Britsih food done spoil the man.

Let the man come home tuh some tun tun; dasheen, eddoes, cassava, bake and saltfish and some hops bread and cheese and discover  how hard it is to work fuh what you want in football.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 07:50:06 PM »
Rodney,TNT gave the man  the 'green light' and the confidence to go score but so far  it's been a flop!!!!!!!!

Too much British ale and crumpets, dolls and that Britsih food done spoil the man.

Let the man come home tuh some tun tun; dasheen, eddoes, cassava, bake and saltfish and some hops bread and cheese and discover  how hard it is to work fuh what you want in football.

I'm dissappointed in u albertatrini! 3 games without a goal and you consider stern a fop in de national team? and whois to say that st clair didnt use him in de same role that he was being used at coventry!

I expect these kind of comments from triniman, not you albertatrini! if you can, pleasse explain to me what you were really trying to say
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 09:04:40 PM »

I don't think Stern would complain about the criticism he is getting.
He himself know his performance on the field is not what he wants.
I don't think a sure 90 guranteed anymore for anybody.

Thing is, when things not going your way you can't appear to be lazing around and not fighting for the ball.  Jones fights for the ball more than Stern.  Anyway, he seem to have a lil more determination since that last goal so hopefully it isn't just a one time ting.  I want him to raise the energy level more...elbow a defender in he mouth...he used to rough up people in the MLS but now he getting handle. 

Looking forward to his next couple of matches.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 10:03:19 PM »
Alberta Trini being a lil harsh but Stern has not done well in this rounds of WC Qualifiers. He had a chance to seal de Costa Rica game...he had a chance to score at least twice on de U.S...he miss ah hattrick in de  Guatemala game - he miss wide right, send one straight to de keeper from close in and dat ill timed lazy slide when de goal was at he mercy...de old Stern woulda score dem goal blind folded. Stern is de one forward dat cyah complain bout service in de last 3 matches...and he always 4qing offside...de linesman and dem should jes give him de flag to hold up and save dem de trouble. Is one thing to blind we self with favouritism and nostalgia, but fuh me...if is one player dat real disapponting so far in these games is Stern. Bound to Score, is like bound to miss now.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 12:15:14 AM »
Ok easy up here breds; this is call tonuge in cheek humor. Yuh know how it's like when you live abroad and yuh  knda lose touch with the familiar. So in this case I used the analogy of Stern and the British surroundings compared to the Trini food just like him losing touch with the scoring.

Nuff said; this man should prove valuable to us; even if he is a decoy fuh the opposition to mark.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 04:26:43 AM »
the real problem is we have eleven decoys on the field

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2005, 04:37:40 AM »
Ok easy up here breds; this is call tonuge in cheek humor. Yuh know how it's like when you live abroad and yuh  knda lose touch with the familiar. So in this case I used the analogy of Stern and the British surroundings compared to the Trini food just like him losing touch with the scoring.

Nuff said; this man should prove valuable to us; even if he is a decoy fuh the opposition to mark.

I took no issue with you analogy, i just thought you were a bit too harsh in calling him a flop!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

1]; } ?>