April 25, 2024, 08:25:51 PM

Author Topic: Drug News Thread  (Read 88478 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cocaine in Trinidad Orange & Grapefruit Juice Cans
« Reply #330 on: September 01, 2014, 12:25:19 PM »
One of the people being probed is said to be a financier of a poli­ti­cal party and may be the local master­mind behind the cocaine shipment, which was smuggled into Norfolk, Virginia, in tins labelled Trinidad Orange Juice, international law enforcement sources told the Sunday Express.

Sources said the man operates a multimillion-dollar business in Tri­nidad and also resides in the country.

Sometimes yuh does have to laugh and really wonder if those on charge does see the general population as idiots. The report above claims to have individuals and a person of interest yet they cyar name names and eh buss the mark by bringing him in or placing heat on the individual- so is either he is untouchable or well connected or...........You speculate?

In true Trini fashion given the possibilities who do you think this person is? Submit your choice

It is against the law in Trinidad.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
alyuh believe dis shit
« Reply #331 on: October 30, 2014, 08:38:39 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/NO-CHARGE--FOR-DOC-280876542.html

Acting CoP: No evidence in cocaine surgery case
By Anna Ramdass anna.ramdass@trinidadexpress.com

Story Created: Oct 29, 2014 at 11:16 PM ECT

Story Updated: Oct 30, 2014 at 8:55 AM ECT
There is no evidence to charge the doctor or the patient in the case where the doctor removed cocaine pellets from the patient’s stomach and handed them back to him.
Speaking at the weekly police news conference yesterday, acting Police Commissioner Stephen Williams said following the exclusive report in the Express in January this year about the secret surgery, the matter was “thoroughly investigated” over several months.
He said the investigation involved the interview of a patient, interviews of doctors, nurses and hospital personnel, and collection of records from the private hospita­l.
Williams said at the end of the investigation the advice of the Deputy Director of Public Prose­cutions, Kathy Ann Waterman-Latchoo, was obtained by the investigators and, based on this advice, there is no evidence at this point in time which can be used to pursue prosecution against the surgeon or the patient.
But “the Police Service is continuing to explore investigations into that matter and other matters coming out of the investigation”, Williams said.
However, FIXIN’ T&T is calling on the Director of Public Prosecutions and the Police Complaints Authority (PCA) to review the case where cocaine pellets were removed from a patient’s stomach and handed back to him during surgery at the St Augustine Private Hospita­l in December 2013.
The call was made yesterday by the group said it was incomprehensible that after investigations, no one would be charged or held accountable in the matte­r.
Sources told the Express the doctor denied cocaine pellets were removed from the patient, and since the “pellets” were given back to the patient there was no evidence of it.
The Express had obtained actual photographs of the pellets, which sources at the hospital confirmed were filled with cocaine.
On the heels of Williams’s comments, FIXIN’ T&T issued a release calling for the case to be re-examined.
“FIXIN’ T&T calls for a review of the advice provided to the police by Deputy Director of Public Prosecu­tions Kathy Ann Waterman-Latchoo regarding the matter of pellets removed from the sto­mach of a patient at a private hospital. It is at odds with opinions in law of both the late Dana Seetahal, SC, and the United Kingdom-based Medical Protection Society (MPS). Further we seek to ascertain if said advice was verbal or written,” it stated.
The activist group also called for the PCA to review the investigation conducted by the Trinidad and Tobago Police Servic­e.
It noted the allegations the pellets were removed from the stomach of a patient at the St Augustine Private Hospital by a doctor and then handed back to the patient have never been denie­d.
“It is beyond our comprehension therefore, that after a prolonged and efficient police investigation no charges will be laid and no one held accountable,” stated FIXIN’ T&T.
Browne: One law for the rich, one for the poor
Opposition MP Amery Browne, who had raised the matter in Parliament, told the Express yesterday Williams’s comments that no one will be prosecuted in the cocaine case proves there is one law for the rich and another for the poor in this country.
“The silence on this matter by the Minister of Health and the so-called police investigation that ended in a report of ‘case closed’ are further indications that in this land there is one law for the rich and powerful and one law for the ordinary citizen,” he said.
Browne noted that months ago when he raised the matter in the Parliament, he indicated that in such cases, it is critical to follow the money. “In addition, there should have been a thorough grilling of all witnesses and participants, as well as a review of camera systems within and in close proximity to the clinic,” he said.
Browne said it has been many years since this country has had any major arrests of any big pla­yers in the cocaine industry because they have been able to purchase safety and protection at all levels of society.
“In this episode our law enforcement had a rare opportunity to capitalise on a slip in a cocaine export operation... and they have failed yet again,” he said.
“So it is business as usual up at that clinic, and the sad message being sent to other health care providers and to the nation’s children is that the existing loopholes are large enough that you can faci­litate the cocaine industry and get away with it,” he added.
I pity the fool....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: alyuh believe dis shit
« Reply #332 on: October 30, 2014, 08:51:36 AM »
U sound surprise?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 30, 2014, 11:08:34 AM »
On what evidence are they supposed to charge them... pictures?  Showing what?  When?  Or should they listen to people who allegedly were at the hospital and claimed to see cocaine?  Without the actual cocain, and something tying it to either doctor or patient, there simply isn't enough to charge them with anything.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 30, 2014, 11:41:54 AM »
No witnesses available?  I guess it easy to shut them up.  :frustrated:

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 30, 2014, 11:51:41 AM »

Iheard the doctor was told that they know where he lives and the schools his children attend
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 30, 2014, 11:54:16 AM »

I am the doctor... I saw cocaine.

Now how do we know it was cocaine that I saw... Can't even test the substance because it is not available. You can't bring a case like that.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 30, 2014, 12:57:40 PM »

Iheard the doctor was told that they know where he lives and the schools his children attend

I wonder how he was selected to do this job? I know people who get put into witness protection for less. So I would say he was paid well for his services.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 30, 2014, 02:27:04 PM »
Just heard the AG say continue investigating. How we will be laughing stock in the world. He very late we are already 1.

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 30, 2014, 10:08:21 PM »

I wonder how he was selected to do this job? I know people who get put into witness protection for less. So I would say he was paid well for his services.

He did not have to be paid one cent just the threat alone would be enough. So many people in this country small and big got killed with impunity.
Why should a doctor or for that matter anybody submit themselves to witness protection in Trinidad? More than likely it will mean the end of your life or life as you know it

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 31, 2014, 09:18:26 AM »
If Levi Morris  who turn state witness in the Baboolal murder could get relocated to the US I suspect the good Dr would be relocated to outside of TnT.

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 31, 2014, 11:51:22 AM »
If Levi Morris  who turn state witness in the Baboolal murder could get relocated to the US I suspect the good Dr would be relocated to outside of TnT.

He is a bandit. You just full of nonsense. You think an established surgeon want to go through that.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 31, 2014, 10:47:35 PM »

He is a bandit. You just full of nonsense. You think an established surgeon want to go through that.

FYI the DR is a bandit dressed in white with an MBBS behind his name. That is why we in this mess as a country. I on nonsense but u condone all sort of rubbish. Of all d Drs in town they select him. Now he fear for his life. So it ok 4 a bandit to turn witness but not a Dr. After all he has much more 2 offer the society than a man who turn state witness and resulted in 1 of the most gruesome gangs meeting the same fate that the Baboolal family met. He has a new skill 2 add to his CV. Successfully removed pellets from patient.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 02, 2014, 06:53:43 AM »
Plenty articles to post so I giving allyuh some cliff notes:

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2014-11-02/%E2%80%98private-hospital-launched-witch-hunt-whistle-blower-cocaine-case%E2%80%99

A lawyer was hired to carry out a witch-hunt for the whistle-blower who leaked a photo of 17 cocaine pellets that were surgically removed by a doctor from a suspected drug mule’s stomach at the institution last December. This was revealed yesterday by a spokesman in the medical profession.

“Money was spent, and this $1,500-plus an hour lawyer was hired to find out who was the alleged whistle-blower. “There is a lot of spin going around about this story. “If he doesn’t want to take blame, the idea is to say that he was threatened and there was no evidence of that.”

The medical professional pointed out several details, one is that the Medical Board received no video of the alleged incident and questioned if it was a fabrication to cover it up. He said the doctor had no sort of increase in visible security after the alleged threat. He said the doctor had enough means to hire personal security guards, yet he was seen at several high profile functions and Carnival fetes after the incident with a family member, and without any security guards.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/COCAINE-RUNNER-281205491.html

The patient who ingested 20 cocaine pellets, of which 17 were surgically removed at St Augustine Private Hospital, is alive and participated in the UWI SPEC International Half Marathon last week.

Following the erroneous Guardian article, relatives of the man indicated to law enforcement officials when contacted yesterday the man, who turned 35 this year, was not dead.

However, the Sunday Express learned medical files at both institutions have been locked away because of the sensitivity of the matter.

The surgery was conducted by general and vascular surgeon Dr Denaesh Ariyanayagam and a team of medical staff.

Ariyanayagam is listed as one of the 25 shareholders of the hospital. Five of the hospital’s medical practitioners also sit on the board.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Nurse-asked-friend-to-help-her-son-281205351.html

A senior nurse attached to the Mt Hope Women’s Hospital facilitated the recovery of her son at Mt Hope following surgery where 17 pellets of cocaine were removed from his stomach at the St Augustine Private Hospital.

The man had ingested 20 pellets but excreted three. No testing of the retrieved substance was conducted since, following the emergency surgery, the 17 pellets were handed back to the man and he was allowed to leave the private facility.

An investigation by the Sunday Express has unearthed the nurse asked her friend—a doctor attached to St Augustine Private Hospital—to operate on her son, whom she said was suffering from a stomach blockage, “abdominal pain, loss of appetite and weight”.

Sources say sometime on December 18, 2013, the 35-year-old son of the registered nurse (RN) boarded a flight to London, England, saying he was going to visit relatives and friends.

While in England, the man, who is a former student of The University of the West Indies, St Augustine, claimed he visited a medical institution and hurriedly returned to Trinidad two days later.

Upon his return, he started experiencing stomach pains and complained to his mother.

His mother, Sunday Express investigations revealed, called her friend at the private medical institution on December 20 and made arrangements for the surgery to take place the next day.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 02, 2014, 08:42:44 AM »
Well eh eh For the record, for once I agree with the AG  action but it is like the 'pot calling the kettle black' if he calling for an investigation and  claim of alleged wrong doings by the medical practitioners in this case ah wonder if the investigation into the legal practice involving the 'prisongate' issue was ever resolved? Soon all ministers will be calling for investigation into each other's ministry lol.

Al this story of surgery under duress and failure to report to the authorities is further evidence of the breakdown  in a corrupt system not unlike the Life Support scandal. Who sanctioned  the surgery? In matters resulting in a death what is the process of investigation by the chief medical executive of the said hospital facility?
How is it that daily there are people waiting for surgery for up to two years and yet this nurse could have this done overnight  by calling on a friend? Yeah know people who are lying in a hospital bed and can't even get  a cat scan!!!  Oh yeah them same doctors at the public hospitals would offer patients the opportunity to get it done but you have to pay or attend their private clinics  where the equipment is stored.

This brings to mind in as all country like ours we cyar resolve some of these issues? Speaking of doctors and medical equipment- what ever happened  to the investigation regarding medical equipment that went missing from the Sando hospital last year?
It eh go surprise me if it eh end up on the black market and in a private medical facility!
It eh go surprise me if some ah them same doctors eh pay money to have them things stolen. You eh see how fish does rot from the head. So yes all for more investigation in each ministry and yuh go see all that is wrong when Phoney Politicians are ruling.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 06:47:48 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: November 02, 2014, 06:31:14 PM »
The "AG" on shit.  There's nothing to investigate... without the actual evidence, the drugs, there is nothing to investigate.  Ramlogan needs to shut his ass and stay in his lane, he's in no legal or moral position to dictate or even suggest to Roger Gaspard how he should be doing his job.  The Attorney General is the government's legal advisor, he's not involved in law enforcement, contrary to popular belief.  Let him focus on giving Kamla and them bad advice and let the DPP do his job... he's more than ably qualified.

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 02, 2014, 08:48:11 PM »
The "AG" on shit.  There's nothing to investigate... without the actual evidence, the drugs, there is nothing to investigate.  Ramlogan needs to shut his ass and stay in his lane, he's in no legal or moral position to dictate or even suggest to Roger Gaspard how he should be doing his job.  The Attorney General is the government's legal advisor, he's not involved in law enforcement, contrary to popular belief.  Let him focus on giving Kamla and them bad advice and let the DPP do his job... he's more than ably qualified.

Well said.

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 02, 2014, 09:01:31 PM »

FYI the DR is a bandit dressed in white with an MBBS behind his name. That is why we in this mess as a country. I on nonsense but u condone all sort of rubbish. Of all d Drs in town they select him. Now he fear for his life. So it ok 4 a bandit to turn witness but not a Dr. After all he has much more 2 offer the society than a man who turn state witness and resulted in 1 of the most gruesome gangs meeting the same fate that the Baboolal family met. He has a new skill 2 add to his CV. Successfully removed pellets from patient.

How is he a bandit?
He rob anybody ? He kill anybody? You have any proof to call the man a bandit. You just full of mauvais lang and like a village gossip

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 03, 2014, 08:51:10 AM »

How is he a bandit?
He rob anybody ? He kill anybody? You have any proof to call the man a bandit. You just full of mauvais lang and like a village gossip

Or a bandit is only soneone who robs someone. Ok thanks for the heads up.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 03, 2014, 10:40:18 PM »
Doctors should do the right thing
Medical Association PRO on cocaine surgery:

By Joel Julien joel.julien@trinidadexpress.com

FEELING threatened should not stop one from doing the right thing, public relations officer (PRO) of the Trinidad and Tobago Medical Association (TTMA) Dr Austin Trinidade has warned doctors.
Trinidade made the statement yesterday in a telephone interview with the Express about the controversial surgery where 17 cocaine pellets were surgically removed from a patient at the St Augustine Private Hospital last December and handed back to him.

“As doctors we go into a profession knowing that there are risks and that should not stop us from doing the right thing,” Trinidade said yesterday.
“We (TTMA) have always advised doctors that they should do the correct thing, it is expected that we report something suspicious. If we think it may be something is criminal in nature then we should report it and we cannot hide under the umbrella of feeling threatened or you know you might be putting yourself at risk,” he said.

“It is like reporting any crime, you are supposed to report criminal activity whether you are a doctor or not,” he added.
Trinidade said according to information he has, the Medical Board still has not received any complaint and is therefore unable to initiate an investigation.
“The Medical Board can only conduct an investigation if they get a complaint. So far as I am told, and I spoke to two members of the council of the Medical Board, they have not received any complaints from anyone,” Trinidade said.

“They cannot just initiate an investigation on their own, they have to respond to a complaint from somebody, the police, the Attorney General or the DPP (Director of Public Prosecutions) or whoever it is,” he said.
Trinidade said the Medical Board can only investigate issues of “medical negligence or something infamous” done by doctors and not matters of a criminal nature.
Dr Denaesh Ariyanayagam, who conducted the surgery, has told the Express that his attorney has advised him not to say anything because of the sensitivity of the matter.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Liquid cocaine in orange juice cartons from Trinidad and Tobago AGAIN!!!
« Reply #350 on: December 15, 2015, 01:32:22 PM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/rcmp-arrest-2-men-import-liquid-cocaine-orange-juice-1.3365558

Liquid cocaine in orange juice cartons

RCMP have arrested two Toronto-area men for allegedly importing approximately 44 litres of liquid cocaine concealed in more than 40 cartons of orange juice.

Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) officers working at the Port of Halifax discovered the approximately 44 litres of liquid cocaine inside a sea container they were inspecting.

The container was thought to contain different food products originating from Trinidad and Tobago.

Border agents seized the cocaine disguised as orange juice containers and contacted the RCMP in Halifax who informed the RCMP Toronto Airport Detachment about the drugs.

According to the RCMP, 44 litres of liquid cocaine can be converted to 24 kg of powdered cocaine.

On Nov. 26, 2015, RCMP arrested and charged two GTA men, one from Mississauga and one from Whitby, in connecting with the investigation. 

They have been charged with possession for the purpose of trafficking and importing drugs into Canada under Canada's Controlled Drugs and Substance Act. They have also been charged with conspiracy under the Criminal Code.

"The RCMP is determined to combat organized crime by arresting criminals who are involved in smuggling illegal drugs into Canada," Supt. Keith Finn, the officer in charge of GTA RCMP Serious and Organized Crime team, said in a news release. "The result of this investigation demonstrates how the RCMP and its partners work effectively together to ensure the safety and security of Canadians."
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 01:50:55 PM by Trini _2018 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Liquid cocaine in orange juice cartons from Trinidad and Tobago AGAIN!!!
« Reply #351 on: December 15, 2015, 03:48:21 PM »
Ah hear this on the news earlier. Piarco Airport authorities FAILED in having this get pass T&T security and out the country.

Edit: I learned it came through the sea port and not the airport. Still a failure.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 04:24:27 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 15, 2015, 04:22:10 PM »

"44 Litres of liquid cocaine hidden in orange juice cartons, which originated in Trinidad & Tobago have been seized by Canadian authorities." - C News

https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/posts/10153746041935610

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 16, 2015, 08:12:18 AM »
Well they did not get charge the 1st time so why not continue.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 16, 2015, 08:07:08 PM »
Well they did not get charge the 1st time so why not continue.

darn Yanks! notice the cannucks handle dey business!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 16, 2015, 11:13:23 PM »
Well...when the last incident happened it was admitted that they dont scan outgoing containers. :frustrated:

In this instance people get charge within a week. We more than a year on and nothing here locally.

And....imagine how many already got through...? I doubt these two were the only two times drugs were shipped like that.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 17, 2015, 09:50:35 AM »
Well...when the last incident happened it was admitted that they dont scan outgoing containers. :frustrated:

In this instance people get charge within a week. We more than a year on and nothing here locally.

And....imagine how many already got through...? I doubt these two were the only two times drugs were shipped like that.

ENT

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 18, 2015, 09:30:57 AM »

Not sure if I'm missing something, but...

"Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) officers working at the Port of Halifax discovered the approximately 44 litres of liquid cocaine inside a sea container they were inspecting." so I assume said scanning in Trinidad and Tobago NOT happening?

and

Was anyone locally charge for this instance?

Maybe there's more news locally that's not posted in this thread.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 18, 2015, 11:22:58 AM »

Not sure if I'm missing something, but...

"Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) officers working at the Port of Halifax discovered the approximately 44 litres of liquid cocaine inside a sea container they were inspecting." so I assume said scanning in Trinidad and Tobago NOT happening?

and

Was anyone locally charge for this instance?

Maybe there's more news locally that's not posted in this thread.

Thats what I said. After the last one I think Gary Griffith said that they dont scan outgoing containers. And no...no charges laid locally.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 18, 2015, 05:03:56 PM »
Why do I have this feeling that an investigation will be a futile endeavor.

1]; } ?>