April 28, 2024, 05:24:00 AM

Author Topic: Drug News Thread  (Read 88543 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Taken from the book "Cocaine and Heroin Trafficking in The Caribbean
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2011, 12:28:53 PM »
I wonder what inspired this thread  :devil:.

Curiously, this linkage seemingly exists elsewhere. 

You way too bright for me..I doh speak cryptic..so feel free to translate for plebs like me sometimes.

When Anand comes calling I would prefer to have him decipher what was meant. Buh jes fuh you nah ... some ah de same people are allegedly in de same mix in other countries in Central and South America and well, our neighbouring islands. Curious thing that.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 12:32:37 PM by asylumseeker »

truetrini

« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2011, 02:17:10 PM »
When you see  Anand, tell him he mammy.cyat hole for me

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2011, 03:57:11 PM »
When you see  Anand, tell him he mammy.cyat hole for me

I can introduce you to him if you wish... he's a cousin.

truetrini

« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2011, 04:21:13 PM »
I eh.want to meet him just give.him.dee.message

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Re: US Government Raises Alarm against T&T Cocaine Problem
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2011, 09:24:19 PM »
This movie remind me of french connection you cant ketch the big man , he is to slippery or who knows what .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
Re: US Government Raises Alarm against T&T Cocaine Problem
« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2011, 03:12:57 PM »
This movie remind me of french connection you cant ketch the big man , he is to slippery or who knows what .

good flick. same scene in "the wire" - no body coulda ketch "the greek". he always a few steps ahead.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Cocaine War !!!
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2011, 05:55:49 AM »
COCAINE WAR.
By Nalinee Seelal (Newsday)
Wed, Sept, 7, 2011

Government stopped a bloody cocaine war between Colombian and Mexican drug leaders in this country which threatened numerous lives by calling the sudden state of emergency on August 21.

According to well-placed intelligence sources, Colombian and Mexican drug dealers who have been fighting for drug turf locally were set to go on a bloodbath, following the seizure of cocaine worth $22 million at Piarco International Airport on August 16, five days before the declaration of the state of emergency.

Officers of the Organised Crime, Narcotics and Firearms Bureau (OCNFB) carried out a sting operation and detained a 19-year-old Arima man and seized two suitcases containing cocaine, packaged neatly in plastic bags. The cocaine weighed 53.926 kilogrammes and was found concealed in a blue blanket.

The suspect worked as a Servis Air employee and was charged for drug trafficking on August 19. He was denied bail. Up to yesterday he was being questioned by both local and United States (US) authorities about the origin of the drugs. The man has since indicated that he is fearful for his life and the safety of his family.

The cocaine reportedly belongs to a Colombian drug dealer whose associates are reported to be in this country with the intention of executing Mexican drug lords based here and an Aranjuez drug dealer who works for the Mexicans. The Aranjuez drug dealer reportedly tipped off the police about the suitcases of cocaine which were to be shipped to the US. Both the Colombians and Mexicans reportedly entered the country by boat with sophisticated weapons.

The recipient of the cocaine has reportedly gone into hiding but is now being sought by US authorities who are working closely with OCNFB officers.

Yesterday a source at the OCNFB told Newsday that the police are making inroads into this investigation and more will be revealed shortly.

However, intelligence sources said that when they were informed that both Colombian and Mexican drug lords were in the country, US authorities advised that the borders be placed under lockdown and that the state of emergency be put in place.

Newsday understands that the Colombians came to this country to deal specifically with the Mexicans and the local drug lord for tipping off the police on the whereabouts of their drugs and if this had occurred many many lives would have been lost.

Yesterday sources revealed that the Colombians and Mexicans are reportedly hiding out in this country and the state of emergency is geared at finding those persons to prevent any bloodshed.

According to sources, Trinidad and Tobago (TT) is a major transhipment point for drugs which are exported to North American countries.

The Colombians reportedly controlled the local drug turf for several years but the Mexicans have infiltrated this country which has resulted in drug lords from those two countries warring with each other.

Last Thursday, officers of the OCNFB and the Coast Guard raided a boat in La Brea at at about 1.40 am and seized cocaine in suitcases valued at $3.2 million.

Two Trinidadians, a Colombian and Venezuelan were arrested in that exercise, however up to yesterday no details were given on the status of the four held.

However local intelligence agencies believe that the cocaine found on the boat also belonged to the Colombian drug lord as information about the shipment was supplied to the police and Coast Guard by the Aranjuez dealer, who got the tipoff from the Mexicans.

This has further angered the Colombians who sources revealed are intent on executing the Mexicans and local drug lords responsible for their drugs being seized.

On Sunday, the Prime Minister announced that the state of emergency will be extended for another three months and Newsday understands that this was done to prevent any bloodbath from taking place in the country.

Yesterday Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley said he was informed while in Parliament on Saturday by Government persons that the real reason for the state of emergency was to prevent a war between a Colombian gang and a Trinidadian gang over the $22 million drug bust at Piarco. Attempts by Newsday to reach Rowley on the matter proved futile.

However, at yesterday’s media briefing on security matters, Minister of National Security Brigadier John Sandy when questioned if there is any truth to Rowley’s claims said, “Well I did not hear the Opposition Leader, I don’t know who told him that.”

Asked further if he knew anything about this matter involving a Colombian drug lord and a local drug lord Sandy said, “I’d rather not comment on that at this time.”

Recently, the US has been working closely with Colombian authorities to deal specifically with Mexican drug dealers who have infiltrated Colombia to set up a lucrative drug trade.

A report from Reuters stated, “A criminal gang capable of smuggling ten tonnes of cocaine a month for Mexico’s bloody Sinaloa cartel has been dismantled following the arrest of 36 suspects, Colombian authorities said on Friday last.”

The arrests have been hailed as a success of cooperation between Colombia and the US, which has contributed billions of dollars in aid to help the Andean country fight drug smugglers with links to Marxist guerrillas.

“This operation between the United States and Colombia has a direct impact that should relieve violence and drug trafficking in Central America and Mexico,” the report stated.

Those organisations have tried to fill the void left in Colombia by the fall in recent years of the Norte Valle Cartel and the dissolution of the Autodefensas Unidas de Colombia, a paramilitary group, the US Department of Justice said in a statement.

They are becoming a leading supplier of cocaine to Mexican cartels, in particular the violent Sinaloa group, which experts say moves up to two-thirds of drugs into the US.

The Andean country has attracted billions of dollars in foreign direct investment over the last decade, boosting oil and coal output after US military aid helped it deal crippling blows to leftist guerrillas and cocaine cartels.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Cocaine War !!!
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2011, 06:08:14 AM »
$22 Million in drugs cause all that? What they will do for for a BIG shipment  ???  take over the government  ???
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2011, 07:30:42 AM »
$22 Million in drugs cause all that? What they will do for for a BIG shipment  ???  take over the government  ???

Interestingly the find they got down the islands was worth in excess of 700 million. So i dunno how this would compare.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2011, 08:05:20 AM »

Interestingly the find they got down the islands was worth in excess of 700 million. So i dunno how this would compare.

when was this?...ah while back?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2011, 08:10:02 AM »

Here is the link:
http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,29631.html

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2011, 08:27:08 AM »
Assuming veracity of the article:

National security? In how many places on the planet is it "conceivable" that foreign nationals (or their long-arms) could compromise the integrity of a sovereign nation such that a "war" between them is (a) not only viable, but (b) destabilizing to the core?

I would laugh, but nothing's funny.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2011, 08:27:46 AM »

Here is the link:

Thanks.....

well dat right dey shou;lda cause de 'war' to start back in 05...doh mind de 700 was TT dollars value
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2011, 08:57:37 AM »
COCAINE WAR.
By Nalinee Seelal (Newsday)
Wed, Sept, 7, 2011

Government stopped a bloody cocaine war between Colombian and Mexican drug leaders in this country which threatened numerous lives by calling the sudden state of emergency on August 21.

According to well-placed intelligence sources, Colombian and Mexican drug dealers who have been fighting for drug turf locally were set to go on a bloodbath, following the seizure of cocaine worth $22 million at Piarco International Airport on August 16, five days before the declaration of the state of emergency.

Officers of the Organised Crime, Narcotics and Firearms Bureau (OCNFB) carried out a sting operation and detained a 19-year-old Arima man and seized two suitcases containing cocaine, packaged neatly in plastic bags. The cocaine weighed 53.926 kilogrammes and was found concealed in a blue blanket.

The suspect worked as a Servis Air employee and was charged for drug trafficking on August 19. He was denied bail. Up to yesterday he was being questioned by both local and United States (US) authorities about the origin of the drugs. The man has since indicated that he is fearful for his life and the safety of his family.

The cocaine reportedly belongs to a Colombian drug dealer whose associates are reported to be in this country with the intention of executing Mexican drug lords based here and an Aranjuez drug dealer who works for the Mexicans. The Aranjuez drug dealer reportedly tipped off the police about the suitcases of cocaine which were to be shipped to the US. Both the Colombians and Mexicans reportedly entered the country by boat with sophisticated weapons.

The recipient of the cocaine has reportedly gone into hiding but is now being sought by US authorities who are working closely with OCNFB officers.

Yesterday a source at the OCNFB told Newsday that the police are making inroads into this investigation and more will be revealed shortly.

However, intelligence sources said that when they were informed that both Colombian and Mexican drug lords were in the country, US authorities advised that the borders be placed under lockdown and that the state of emergency be put in place.

Newsday understands that the Colombians came to this country to deal specifically with the Mexicans and the local drug lord for tipping off the police on the whereabouts of their drugs and if this had occurred many many lives would have been lost.

Yesterday sources revealed that the Colombians and Mexicans are reportedly hiding out in this country and the state of emergency is geared at finding those persons to prevent any bloodshed.

According to sources, Trinidad and Tobago (TT) is a major transhipment point for drugs which are exported to North American countries.

The Colombians reportedly controlled the local drug turf for several years but the Mexicans have infiltrated this country which has resulted in drug lords from those two countries warring with each other.

Last Thursday, officers of the OCNFB and the Coast Guard raided a boat in La Brea at at about 1.40 am and seized cocaine in suitcases valued at $3.2 million.

Two Trinidadians, a Colombian and Venezuelan were arrested in that exercise, however up to yesterday no details were given on the status of the four held.

However local intelligence agencies believe that the cocaine found on the boat also belonged to the Colombian drug lord as information about the shipment was supplied to the police and Coast Guard by the Aranjuez dealer, who got the tipoff from the Mexicans.

This has further angered the Colombians who sources revealed are intent on executing the Mexicans and local drug lords responsible for their drugs being seized.

On Sunday, the Prime Minister announced that the state of emergency will be extended for another three months and Newsday understands that this was done to prevent any bloodbath from taking place in the country.

Yesterday Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley said he was informed while in Parliament on Saturday by Government persons that the real reason for the state of emergency was to prevent a war between a Colombian gang and a Trinidadian gang over the $22 million drug bust at Piarco. Attempts by Newsday to reach Rowley on the matter proved futile.

However, at yesterday’s media briefing on security matters, Minister of National Security Brigadier John Sandy when questioned if there is any truth to Rowley’s claims said, “Well I did not hear the Opposition Leader, I don’t know who told him that.”

Asked further if he knew anything about this matter involving a Colombian drug lord and a local drug lord Sandy said, “I’d rather not comment on that at this time.”

Recently, the US has been working closely with Colombian authorities to deal specifically with Mexican drug dealers who have infiltrated Colombia to set up a lucrative drug trade.

A report from Reuters stated, “A criminal gang capable of smuggling ten tonnes of cocaine a month for Mexico’s bloody Sinaloa cartel has been dismantled following the arrest of 36 suspects, Colombian authorities said on Friday last.”

The arrests have been hailed as a success of cooperation between Colombia and the US, which has contributed billions of dollars in aid to help the Andean country fight drug smugglers with links to Marxist guerrillas.

“This operation between the United States and Colombia has a direct impact that should relieve violence and drug trafficking in Central America and Mexico,” the report stated.

Those organisations have tried to fill the void left in Colombia by the fall in recent years of the Norte Valle Cartel and the dissolution of the Autodefensas Unidas de Colombia, a paramilitary group, the US Department of Justice said in a statement.

They are becoming a leading supplier of cocaine to Mexican cartels, in particular the violent Sinaloa group, which experts say moves up to two-thirds of drugs into the US.

The Andean country has attracted billions of dollars in foreign direct investment over the last decade, boosting oil and coal output after US military aid helped it deal crippling blows to leftist guerrillas and cocaine cartels.
So the SOE was called to avoid a cocaine war! Why didn't they say that in the first place?!
Ah guess everything should make sense now to dotish people! ::)

This is what you get when you vote for a government who has no plan and makes it up as they go along!!
Allyuh Trinis home getting what allyuh vote for yes so please take it all with a smile!  8)

I think Manning is to blame for all this! Imagine folks in T&T wanted to get rid of him so bad that they were prepared to vote for an alternative government with no concrete plans but a lot of good PR & sound bites!!

Thanks Manning!!   :beermug:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 09:04:13 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2011, 09:44:48 AM »
why alyuh does have to quote dem long ting is not like yuh reference\highlighting someting jeezan :(
I pity the fool....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2011, 09:51:49 AM »
Yes Pro boi is we hatred 4 Patos dat have we in this messsssssssssssss. D fella is a capital K Klown but Kams etal could neva have gotten my vote. I know their style of governace and I really not impressed. I usually steups b4 during and after I vote d PNM. But nrxt time I eh go b steupsinggggggggggggggggggggg once d option is Rowley and Kams etal. I just go put meh x by d baliser.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2011, 10:54:56 AM »
Yes Pro boi is we hatred 4 Patos dat have we in this messsssssssssssss. D fella is a capital K Klown but Kams etal could neva have gotten my vote. I know their style of governace and I really not impressed. I usually steups b4 during and after I vote d PNM. But nrxt time I eh go b steupsinggggggggggggggggggggg once d option is Rowley and Kams etal. I just go put meh x by d baliser.

Oh thou PNM sycophant.... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2011, 11:11:20 AM »

YES MANNING IS MEH MAN U4GETTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 07, 2011, 11:34:29 AM »
why alyuh does have to quote dem long ting is not like yuh reference\highlighting someting jeezan :(

Maybe I should I go stand in the corner until the class is over!! :(
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 07, 2011, 11:43:14 AM »

Maybe I should I go stand in the corner until the class is over!! :(

yuh is not only one who does hurt up mih scrollin finger unnecessarily ...wrong place wrong time......is a pet peeve
I pity the fool....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 07, 2011, 11:49:24 AM »
Assuming veracity of the article:

National security? In how many places on the planet is it "conceivable" that foreign nationals (or their long-arms) could compromise the integrity of a sovereign nation such that a "war" between them is (a) not only viable, but (b) destabilizing to the core?

I would laugh, but nothing's funny.

It's either a gross overreaction by the government (to delcare the SoE)... or a boldface lie.  Either way, hardly justifies a 3-month state of emergency.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 07, 2011, 11:59:43 AM »

Yuh 2 timimg Wim ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2011, 12:56:18 PM »

Yuh 2 timimg Wim ?

U very late

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2011, 01:08:13 PM »
Hog wash!! this PP  think we stupid ....
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 01:09:48 PM by Trini _2014 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2011, 01:23:05 PM »

Of course we chupid we vote 4 dem.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2011, 02:08:57 PM »

Of course we chupid we vote 4 dem.

doh study this chap.. he's a want-to-be Jackan in Canadian clothing.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #118 on: September 07, 2011, 05:47:27 PM »

Here is the link:

Thanks.....

well dat right dey shou;lda cause de 'war' to start back in 05...doh mind de 700 was TT dollars value
Dutty that bust back then was a Syrian vs Syrian/French Creole war...there was a couple major busts off the coast before or after that one made by foreign navies..can't remember all the details.
Some of the alledged repercussions were A.S Bryden warehouse burning down and Khoury kidnapping and beheading.
there were also a few murders around the same time.

Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 07, 2011, 06:07:19 PM »
Early Morning Show 2011-09-06 Rowley talking on cocaine war
http://cnc3.co.tt/content/early-morning-show-2011-09-06
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>