April 29, 2024, 04:40:23 AM

Author Topic: Drug News Thread  (Read 88571 times)

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cocaine in Trinidad Orange & Grapefruit Juice Cans
« Reply #180 on: January 17, 2014, 10:02:42 AM »
Could this have been the real reason why our PM had to rush to New York last month, just wondering!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 17, 2014, 10:37:03 AM »
This is so ridiculously embarrassing for the country... and this sentence right here speaks volumes:

The cocaine hidden inside a 20-foot container originated from Trinidad Tobago was targeted based on intelligence and current narcotic trends.

This means that there has been a trend of narcotics shipments from TnT to North America that they've picked up on.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 17, 2014, 11:39:44 AM »
This is so ridiculously embarrassing for the country... and this sentence right here speaks volumes:

The cocaine hidden inside a 20-foot container originated from Trinidad Tobago was targeted based on intelligence and current narcotic trends.

This means that there has been a trend of narcotics shipments from TnT to North America that they've picked up on.

Agree to some extent but it could allso mean how the drugs are packaged for concealment.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 17, 2014, 11:52:54 AM »
That spoil somebody's day for sure, it damn good.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 17, 2014, 12:46:29 PM »
Could this have been the real reason why our PM had to rush to New York last month, just wondering!!!

Or the real reason for the spike in the murder rate in January?

NORFOLK-Cocaine with a street value of about $100 million was seized from a container at the Port of Norfolk.
Customs and Border Protection officers discovered the 732 pounds of cocaine in December.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 17, 2014, 12:51:54 PM »

Or the real reason for the spike in the murder rate in January?

NORFOLK-Cocaine with a street value of about $100 million was seized from a container at the Port of Norfolk.
Customs and Border Protection officers discovered the 732 pounds of cocaine in December.

I doubt. The spike in the murder rate wasn't really gang related. Murders were happening all over the country involving different individuals. All that drugs and people still looking towards Beetham and Laventille. We will never learn.

Not to sound like a crazy person but the same company that produced Pear D that was found in the Uk laden with cocaine is the same company that produces these juices. I am really apprehensive when it comes to purchases packaged drinks now. I will purchase fruits and make my own.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 12:54:28 PM by congo »

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 17, 2014, 12:56:07 PM »
Statement from SM Jaleel

SM Jaleel Limited says they commenced an investigation into US seizure of 732 lbs of cocaine found in cans of Trinidad Juice in a container at a port in Norfolk, Virginia.

Here is an Official Statement issued by the company VIA their website: SM Jaleel is a family owned and operated business that began its operations in Trinidad approximately 90 years ago. We have consistently maintained our family values throughout the development of the business to include, in more recent times, the global expansion of our operations through the exportation of our trusted products to various countries and communities around the world.

We have always taken pride in the high level of quality and standards that we have adhered to for our products and have and will always continue to comply with the various legislations both locally and internationally relating to the production and exportation of our products.

It has become common knowledge that the criminals involved in drug trafficking have been using mechanisms to transport cocaine, inclusive of items such as fruit, car parts, lumber, hardware and various others. It now appears that someone may be trying to utilize our company’s product in this regard.

We too have only just been recently informed of the situation that occurred almost a month ago on December 20, 2013, regarding the use of our TJC orange and grapefruit flavoured juice tins in the smuggling of cocaine in to the United States and have, to date, not been contacted by the relevant US authorities in connection with this matter.

At present we have no knowledge or evidence of the details other than the press release from the United States. We have already commenced our own internal investigation; however, we are not yet in a position to provide any further details at this time.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 17, 2014, 01:11:23 PM »
Hmmmmmm. :thinking:

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 17, 2014, 01:22:06 PM »
Scary...Funny thing is that is a bulk purchase. So they should know who that shipment was sold to. I will not be purchasing any of their products. That is just to scary. What if one just ends back on the shelf for mistake. This is scary

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 17, 2014, 01:49:45 PM »
I doubt it had anything to do with the company, beyond an employee stealing some labels for the traffickers.  Unless somebody real stupid, and I doubt these ppl are.
You can buy a machine and can to your heart's content in private.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 17, 2014, 02:19:41 PM »
I doubt it had anything to do with the company, beyond an employee stealing some labels for the traffickers.  Unless somebody real stupid, and I doubt these ppl are.

diss is d second time... d Pear D incident now this, people cant help but ponder the coincidence.
I pity the fool....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 17, 2014, 02:55:59 PM »

diss is d second time... d Pear D incident now this, people cant help but ponder the coincidence.

The Pear D thing was different, that wasn't a shipment or anything like that, just liquified cocaine that somebody had sitting in a warehouse somewhere and the fella pick it up and drink from it.  Not sure if he mix it up with something he was drinking and rest somewhere or what.  But it wasn't something that came directly from a store or shipment.

EDIT:  Then again...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-25548952
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 02:57:58 PM by Bakes »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 17, 2014, 03:19:31 PM »

There has been a trend. Everyone knows that T&T is a major hub from SA and Africa. Why is it only embarrassing for T&T?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 17, 2014, 03:20:10 PM »

Arguably one could acquire one's own machine ... but then what? Merger of the 700 adulterated cans with the other (what has been described as) "thousands of cans" still had to be effected to subsume the product within the complete shipment.

If one's canning machine is off premises, one still has to bring those products to the rest of the shipment. Not an easy or unsophisticated thing to accomplish.

If the waybill in this case doesn't reflect S.M. Jaleel ... what entity does it reflect?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 03:22:18 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 17, 2014, 03:24:46 PM »
There has been a trend. Everyone knows that T&T is a major hub from SA and Africa. Why is it only embarrassing for T&T?

$100 million dollars of cocaine was intercepted on a shipment of cocaine from Trinidad... who else would it be embarrassing for?  Grenada... by association?  The US?  International law enforcement looking at the land of your birth as being neck-deep in the drug trade and that not embarrassing for TnT specifically?

I doesn't even know if to take you seriously sometimes nah.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 17, 2014, 03:37:02 PM »
The Laventy boys have sophistication and they still using latrines!!!

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 17, 2014, 03:47:59 PM »

Granted but how does a person also get access to 100 million dollars worth of cocaine. Think about the logistics and finances in acquiring that quantity of drugs. Who can fund such an acquisition? A very limited set of people I can assure you.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 17, 2014, 04:52:30 PM »
I now beginning to understand how some people in T&T driving round in brand new Aventador and F12 an ting oui
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 17, 2014, 05:22:32 PM »

$100 million dollars of cocaine was intercepted on a shipment of cocaine from Trinidad... who else would it be embarrassing for?  Grenada... by association?  The US?  International law enforcement looking at the land of your birth as being neck-deep in the drug trade and that not embarrassing for TnT specifically?

I doesn't even know if to take you seriously sometimes nah.

Bakes, Bakes, Bakes............   
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 17, 2014, 06:24:50 PM »
Who can fund such an acquisition?

Them Laventy boys!!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 17, 2014, 06:27:49 PM »
The US?  International law enforcement looking at the land of your birth as being neck-deep in the drug trade and that not embarrassing for TnT specifically?

Bakes, honestly, I am not embarassed. And I honestly can't give you a reason why!!!!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 17, 2014, 07:39:35 PM »

Arguably one could acquire one's own machine ... but then what? Merger of the 700 adulterated cans with the other (what has been described as) "thousands of cans" still had to be effected to subsume the product within the complete shipment.

If one's canning machine is off premises, one still has to bring those products to the rest of the shipment. Not an easy or unsophisticated thing to accomplish.

If the waybill in this case doesn't reflect S.M. Jaleel ... what entity does it reflect?

Agreed, putting the contraband in with a shipment of legitimate goods would require some collusion.
If it is so then good, better chance of arresting somebody that matters.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 17, 2014, 07:40:13 PM »
its on a CNC journalist twitter that DEA is in the country to make arrests and possible extradition applications to be heard tonight

Tweets
 hema ramkissoon ‏@hema_ramkissoon 3h
Sources DEA in talks with local authorities following drug find
Expand  Reply  Retweet  Favorite   More
possible extradition applications to be heard tonight - Sources
sources confirm US DEA in TT to make arrest following drug find

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 17, 2014, 08:24:12 PM »

Some years ago local police made a big bust in a bar in Deigo where they found kilos of cocaine in Trinidad Orange juice cans. Gocking was arrested for that . This is the cousin of the Gocking that tried to bring the amoured SUV.

So this not a new way.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 17, 2014, 10:14:20 PM »
There has been an amendment to the SM Jaleel statement. It's the above, but now with the following paragraphs near the end:

Trinidad Juice is officially exported to the US throughout the year. All export containers which were shipped by the Company in 2013 were officially received by the authorized food and beverage company, the last such shipment being received by them in November. This December shipment referred to last night by ABC TV Channel 13 was not made by SM Jaleel.

To date neither the Narcotics Bureau of the TTPS nor Trinidad customs have been contacted by the US authorizes. From this we can deduce that this is a foreign issue which will be resolved abroad.

Full Statement: http://www.smjaleel.net/news-events/trinidad-juices-announcement

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 17, 2014, 11:28:21 PM »
its on a CNC journalist twitter that DEA is in the country to make arrests and possible extradition applications to be heard tonight

Sent by Sr. Luna and his boss.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 18, 2014, 03:46:12 AM »
Warn me about the diego pub please lol. Not that surprising if you draw together the rise in murders - the bigger the prize the bigger risks willing to be taken. Guns arent cheap, so if someones importing so many they must have a reason to need them, and protecting a lot of cocaine is one reason. You also gotta wonder if port officials are part of the corruption, or whether it goes higher.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 18, 2014, 05:13:40 AM »
Yankee go do the job of what the Trini suppose to do. This time it have no paying off man to get away
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 18, 2014, 08:26:05 AM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #209 on: January 19, 2014, 08:50:05 AM »
I now beginning to understand how some people in T&T driving round in brand new Aventador and F12 an ting oui
In an economy that isn't growing too.

1]; } ?>