April 28, 2024, 10:07:28 PM

Author Topic: Drug News Thread  (Read 88555 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Cocaine in Trinidad Orange & Grapefruit Juice Cans
« Reply #210 on: January 19, 2014, 05:45:03 PM »
I now beginning to understand how some people in T&T driving round in brand new Aventador and F12 an ting oui
In an economy that isn't growing too.

My suspicions are finally confirmed......I keep asking myself how de arse people could buy the pricey real estate and de fancy cars and the economy stagnant since bout 2009/2010.......forget oil and gas.....is de white stuff that running things bout here!!!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 05:46:49 PM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 20, 2014, 09:34:54 AM »
All yuh late is d underground economy that have we still afloat.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 20, 2014, 11:51:36 AM »

touche
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 20, 2014, 12:52:42 PM »

touche

double touche

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 20, 2014, 08:47:41 PM »
@hema_ramkissoon's Tweet: https://twitter.com/hema_ramkissoon/status/425387727861727233

Prominent business personality is the focus of investigation by DEA.

. These people killing the country and sleeping well at night
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 08:49:14 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #215 on: January 21, 2014, 06:57:02 AM »
@hema_ramkissoon's Tweet: https://twitter.com/hema_ramkissoon/status/425387727861727233

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ps20yaVyro" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8ps20yaVyro</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 21, 2014, 08:51:25 AM »

I am shocked!
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 21, 2014, 10:26:37 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ps20yaVyro" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8ps20yaVyro</a>

Couldn't sum it up better than Sparrow!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 21, 2014, 11:07:27 AM »
hearing it might have ah "Monas island connection" ;)......................ah wonder if A S briden go bun dong again :devil:
I pity the fool....

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 21, 2014, 12:09:05 PM »
hearing it might have ah "Monas island connection" ;)......................ah wonder if A S briden go bun dong again :devil:

if it does have a monos island connection....all hell gon break loose

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 21, 2014, 12:26:24 PM »
Anyone know if the DEA ever landed a big squad like this on our shores before?
50 agents they say.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 21, 2014, 12:41:19 PM »

if it does have a monos island connection....all hell gon break loose

literally or figuratively :-\ :'(
I pity the fool....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 21, 2014, 12:50:22 PM »

:beermug:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 21, 2014, 05:53:55 PM »
sooo, gimmih ah quick refresher course on dat monos island bachannal again?

it had serious shootout?...or dais whey dey find khoury body without de head? someting so?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 21, 2014, 07:10:25 PM »
I now beginning to understand how some people in T&T driving round in brand new Aventador and F12 an ting oui
In an economy that isn't growing too.

My suspicions are finally confirmed......I keep asking myself how de arse people could buy the pricey real estate and de fancy cars and the economy stagnant since bout 2009/2010.......forget oil and gas.....is de white stuff that running things bout here!!!
Brent Sea crude full year (2013) average of over $107 / barrel.  That never hurt T&T economy yet. live it up!

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 22, 2014, 12:07:53 AM »
Anyone know if the DEA ever landed a big squad like this on our shores before?
50 agents they say.

Never heard of a big squad like that landed, but I heard they do have a resident team that handles the caribbean and the base of operations is in Trinidad I think since 2001.

Remember Gocking.

They first try to bring in the Navigators, then Marlon got shot dead in Town then not long after they found liquid cocaine in juice cans in the bar in Deigo. I feel there is a link somewhere there.

Also funny how small Trinidad is I actually knew John O'Sullivan. Big John we used to call him. Now his company being used to export the drugs.....
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 22, 2014, 02:00:15 AM »
How many people in Trinidad ever actually read this?

http://www.workersunion.org.tt/our-history/historical-documents-1/scott-drug-report

I find it an interesting read.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 02:06:17 AM by Conquering Lion »
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 22, 2014, 08:21:51 AM »
Follow the money :frustrated:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 22, 2014, 08:59:19 AM »
The corruption starts at the top...who brought in the drugs not them laventy boys..dey don't have that kind of money....the 3 ships that are working well in Brasil and were supposed to be used for drug interdiction...who prevented that purchase.....if I'm a businessman...I would know exactly how many crates or tonnes or barrels of a product basically the exact number of a product I'm shipping...de say way de drugs exiting the country is de same way de guns entering the country...

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 22, 2014, 10:05:11 AM »
Expect more bodies to drop and a big boy getting pass out in the next few weeks.

That is a heft amount of money to repay.

Worse yet if somebody squeals.

But they have plenty fetes to launder the money and they have to let those pass.

Watch for SOE in Lent.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 22, 2014, 10:18:46 AM »
Expect more bodies to drop and a big boy getting pass out in the next few weeks.

That is a heft amount of money to repay.

Worse yet if somebody squeals.

But they have plenty fetes to launder the money and they have to let those pass.

Watch for SOE in Lent.

Wit or witout curfew?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 22, 2014, 10:20:25 AM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 22, 2014, 11:06:04 AM »
"Jake, Jake, My Jake!"

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 22, 2014, 02:44:35 PM »
How many people in Trinidad ever actually read this?

http://www.workersunion.org.tt/our-history/historical-documents-1/scott-drug-report

I find it an interesting read.

Excellent post... I never read it, just spent the better part of the last 2 hours reading it.  They call real names.  Here's the direct link:

http://pdfcast.org/download/scott-drug-report.pdf#

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 22, 2014, 06:44:10 PM »
Before They Go Too Far
By Sunity Maharaj

Story Created: Jan 18, 2014 at 8:58 PM ECT

Story Updated: Jan 18, 2014 at 8:58 PM ECT

With scandal piling on plunder and the national course locked on to Destination Uncertain, life in T&T remains lost in limbo where nothing is ever known for a fact and nothing comes out of everything.

Unresolved, unclear, unknown might, on a jaundiced day, better describe the national state of affairs than discipline, production and tolerance. On issues from O’Halloran to Galbaransingh, truth dwells in a twilight zone, sipping champagne one step away from bread and water. It is as if in Independence, all the tools developed for surviving the terrors of our history have now come to overwhelm us, keeping us chained to the past and robbing us of the self-confidence to face the world confidently, squarely and without ambiguity. Instead, we remain slaves to the codes of our old world, still the Anansi, still masking, still hiding inside the language of double entendre, afraid to raise our gaze, look them squarely in the eye and declare in recognition that, yes, “Mas, I know you!”

Take the latest cocaine bust involving drugs found by US authorities in tins with a Trinidad product label. Hard experience has taught us the cynical lesson that this, too, shall pass without us ever knowing the truth of origin. In the end, all we are likely to be left holding will be David Rudder’s immortal observation that “somebody letting the cocaine pass”.

Once again, we have political ineptitude to thank for this.

Twenty five years ago, our feeble attempt to get on top of the drug trade was blown apart with the release of the Scott Drug Report by the NAR administration. The hodgepodge of information, allegation and accusation collated by the Commission of Enquiry established by George Chambers was an explosive draft description of the drug trade with details about those supposedly in the know and involved. Having denounced the Chambers administration’s failure to release the Commission’s report, the NAR government followed through on its campaign pledge of full disclosure, using the cover of parliamentary privilege to escape the legal fall-out of libel and slander in publicising the report.

For about a week, the Scott Drug report was a burning topic of national outrage, tongues wagging furiously with the names of politicians, businesspeople and police officers supposedly involved. Then, with nowhere left to go, it fizzled and died, taking with it any hope for prosecution due to the tainting by public release of uncorroborated statements.

If, in 1987, we were blessedly innocent about how to tame the multi-tentacled monster of drugs, by 2013 we have laundered our consciences to live with it. We no longer ask where the money comes from; we ask only ‘how much?’

For a country that has been heavily affected by the drug trade, we remain remarkably innocent about the details of how it functions here. The bone-chilling theories espoused by UWI researcher Darius Figueria about drugs, politics and US foreign policy in T&T are among a minute body of literature on the subject.

For the most part, however, we remain in the dark about the impact of the drug trade on our society, economy and politics, content to dwell only on its symptomatic expressions. No state description of the national economy takes the drug trade into account even when it might explain certain economic phenomena, such as the prices of imported goods, rapid expansion of certain import businesses and the relative absence of a black market for foreign exchange. Similarly, data on the relationship between the drug trade and crime is notoriously superficial, tending to stop at the foothills of Morvant-Laventille. If Morvant-Laventille were indeed the heart and centre of the drug trade, it would be a city of mansions. Just consider the mark-up that the Virginia police put on the shipment from Trinidad last week by estimating the wholesale value of the 732 lbs of cocaine at US$12 million with a street value of US$100 million.

In the politics, where the prevailing doctrine is money with no questions asked, there is even less interest in plumbing the source of the money supply. More than anything else, however, it is the politics, with its high demand for campaign finance,  that runs the risk of entrenching drug barons firmly in power and, even, high office.

Worse, it is taxpayers’ money, leaving the treasury in the form of state contract payments, that can be used to launder their operations and establish them in the business landscape of Trinidad and Tobago, their names held up in bright lights as the face of Successful T&T, role models for generations to come.

The paradox of our politics is that even those who yearn to change it are consumed at the point of entry. To engage the politics on its own terms is to surrender the hope for change and to be lost even before you start.

Already, as we approach the final year of this Bissessar-Persad administration, the horses are lining up. The men and women vying for our vote are on their knees before the captains of money, competing for cash to pad the campaign war chest.

Before they go too far and consign us to another long season of quarrel and contestation, they must be stopped. Only we, the people, have the power to do so by rejecting the politics of freeness sponsored by wall-to-wall advertising. We, the electorate, have it within our hands to free our political representatives from the albatross of the political financiers.

We can do so by ourselves rejecting the free ride, insisting that they declare the source of every cent collected and spent, and by forcing them to turn down the volume of wine and jam. Then we must demand that they engage us, citizen-to-citizen, in detailed dialogue about how each of them intends to deal with the many challenges of our time. After we talk, we will evaluate the options and, only then, should we choose.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/commentaries/Before-They-Go-Too-Far-241028531.html

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 22, 2014, 07:36:39 PM »
So the government have given permission for the DEA to conduct investigation in T&T?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 22, 2014, 09:37:17 PM »
So the government have given permission for the DEA to conduct investigation in T&T?

I was wondering when this question would arise. Not too long ago, JW made a reference to concessions of sovereignty in a comment in which he alluded to Eric Williams rolling in his grave.

Anyway, thank Mr. Panday.

http://dosfan.lib.uic.edu/ERC/bureaus/lat/1996/960301BurnsTrinidad1.html

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 23, 2014, 05:22:55 AM »

I was wondering when this question would arise. Not too long ago, JW made a reference to concessions of sovereignty in a comment in which he alluded to Eric Williams rolling in his grave.

Damn straight, it tells you one of two things

1) they caved to unreasonable demands

2) they believe their own force to be too corrupt to undertake the investigation

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 23, 2014, 07:01:02 AM »

Damn straight, it tells you one of two things

1) they caved to unreasonable demands

2) they believe their own force to be too corrupt to undertake the investigation

while number 2 is damn true..............1 gets my vote..............its not the first time a UNC gov't surrendered aspects of this countries sovereignty....or buckled weakly to foreign pressure................and I dont think they want the DEA here either, but they may feel they have no choice
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>