April 28, 2024, 08:21:49 PM

Author Topic: Drug News Thread  (Read 88553 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Cocaine in Trinidad Orange & Grapefruit Juice Cans
« Reply #240 on: January 23, 2014, 10:19:29 AM »
Such discoveries should bring further into scrutiny the decision to out-rightly discard the procurement of the OVP 
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 23, 2014, 11:57:42 AM »
Such discoveries should bring further into scrutiny the decision to out-rightly discard the procurement of the OVP 

:beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 23, 2014, 12:10:24 PM »
accoring to Speak Out T&T facebook page....

****EXCLUSIVE ONLY ON Speak Out T&T****
THE NAMES
Ishwar Galbaransingh, Jack Warner, Johnny Soong,. We have more EXCLUSIVE DETAILS #cocainejuice
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 01:52:30 PM by Flex »
T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 23, 2014, 12:25:47 PM »

THE NAMES
Ishwar Galbaransingh, Jack Warner, Johnny Soong. We have more EXCLUSIVE DETAILS #cocainejuice

Saw it give them credit they were 1st to report bout d DEA being here.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 01:52:41 PM by Flex »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #244 on: January 23, 2014, 12:35:27 PM »
I now beginning to understand how some people in T&T driving round in brand new Aventador and F12 an ting oui
In an economy that isn't growing too.

My suspicions are finally confirmed......I keep asking myself how de arse people could buy the pricey real estate and de fancy cars and the economy stagnant since bout 2009/2010.......forget oil and gas.....is de white stuff that running things bout here!!!
Brent Sea crude full year (2013) average of over $107 / barrel.  That never hurt T&T economy yet. live it up!
1 Production is actually down
2. Not all of our oil in Brent Sweet Crude
3. We sell more gas than oil
4. The energy sector employs only 2% of the labour force.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 23, 2014, 01:17:04 PM »

THE NAMES
Ishwar Galbaransingh, Jack Warner, Johnny Soong. We have more EXCLUSIVE DETAILS #cocainejuice

My word!

They done delete the names but it is available to be seen on google's cached page.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 01:52:54 PM by Flex »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 23, 2014, 01:20:03 PM »

THE NAMES

My word!

They done delete the names but it is available to be seen on google's cached page.

Y if they sure why they delete?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 01:53:05 PM by Flex »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 23, 2014, 01:24:06 PM »

THE NAMES

My word!

if dat have any kinda truth, alyuh feel Anand goh try to pull ah nex' smartman move on d US... alyuh tink he and gov't have d balls to pull ah next legal stunt
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 01:53:15 PM by Flex »
I pity the fool....

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 23, 2014, 01:26:06 PM »

THE NAMES

My word!

Y if they sure why they delete?

There were comments to the fact of respecting the ongoing process and that calling names at this stage was not wise.

Also ppl saying they hope they have court clothes.

ETA

Speak Out T&T Brian Singh a claim was made about the post to Facebook. We're sorting that out. Stay tuned.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 01:53:30 PM by Flex »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 23, 2014, 01:38:47 PM »
Hope them names is true
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 23, 2014, 03:27:38 PM »
Not a sniff yet (pun intended). However, I see that the DEA bust a big coke ring with a Jamaican connection.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 24, 2014, 02:20:06 PM »
How many people in Trinidad ever actually read this?

http://www.workersunion.org.tt/our-history/historical-documents-1/scott-drug-report

I find it an interesting read.

Excellent post... I never read it, just spent the better part of the last 2 hours reading it.  They call real names.  Here's the direct link:

http://pdfcast.org/download/scott-drug-report.pdf#

Like Sunity read meh post too!......haha.

Like you, I couldn't stop reading it and it partly explains why we have so much problems in the country now.

The only problem I had was how easy it was to call out police names when others were only mentioned as "a beauty queen" or "a government minister."

While reading it, it was amazing how the same names mentioned then ("as hearsay"), came up in later years as big headlines in T&T.

e.g men like Tooks and Bulls, Dole Chadee and Mantoor and Deochan Ramdhanie. Questions then also arise about the murders of ACP Carrington and Selwyn Richardson.

Check this one out.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krishna_Maharaj

"7.31 The Commission has also heard evidence to the effect that Krishna Maharaj and Adam
Rosein, both of whom are allegedly Trinidad and Tobago nationals, have been domiciled in Miami
for the past two (2) years where they operate a business known as the KDM Enterprise in partnership
with one Derek Mooyoung, a Jamaican, who has been described as a well-known drug dealer. It was
stated that Mahara] and Hosein have been visiting Trinidad very frequently during the past two (2)
or three (3) years and that they each maintain suites on a full time basis at the Holiday Inn in Port of-
Spain."

that should be required reading for all citizens...i save a copy of it if anybody wants to read it...i noticed that two names from that report that still around today are William Munro and Ramesh Maharaj

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 24, 2014, 04:35:46 PM »
that should be required reading for all citizens...i save a copy of it if anybody wants to read it...i noticed that two names from that report that still around today are William Munro and Ramesh Maharaj

Isn't that Munro de same Grenadian fella who running Soca Monarch?

Ramesh brother still around too... except he rotting in jail in Florida.  De Brits and dem swear he get set up fuh killing he Jamaican pardna and he son http://www.reprieve.org.uk/cases/krishnamaharaj/

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 24, 2014, 05:50:22 PM »

Ramesh brother still around too... except he rotting in jail in Florida.  De Brits and dem swear he get set up fuh killing he Jamaican pardna and he son http://www.reprieve.org.uk/cases/krishnamaharaj/

it has to be him

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 24, 2014, 05:53:55 PM »

Yup......the same one that have half the government Ministries sponsoring Soca Monarch......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 24, 2014, 08:27:30 PM »

http://www.workersunion.org.tt/our-history/historical-documents-1/scott-drug-report

Interesting is an understatement.
I wonder if anybody in here name in the report?  :whistling:
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 24, 2014, 11:25:47 PM »

Interesting is an understatement.
I wonder if anybody in here name in the report?  :whistling:

The question is why it is one of them newspapers ent print it, in serial form even.  The juicy part pick up from about page 19-20.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 11:28:40 PM by Bakes »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 25, 2014, 06:45:59 AM »
Griffith: No requests from US to extradite anyone
trinidadexpress.com

TWO key Cabinet ministers yesterday denied receiving any request from the United States government to extradite anyone in connection with the $644 million cocaine bust by US Customs in Norfolk, Virginia, on December 20.

“We have received no such information from the US authorities on any such extradition matter and neither any official who is involved in any intelligence agency at this time has any knowledge about that,” National Security Minister Gary Griffith told the Express yesterday. In fact, he said if provisional warrants were to be issued, he would definitely have been in the loop since the Central Authority would then pass on the arrest warrants to his ministry, which would then execute them with the help of local law-enforcement officers.

“I think I would be part of that circle being involved. As of this time, we have no such knowledge. I think it might also involve the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and maybe the Central Authority that will then fall under the purview of the Attorney Gene­ral, but as of this time the Ministry of National Security still has no knowledge of any such request and I am sure the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is in the dark,” he said.
There are cases where the US State Department can make a direct request to the Central Authority as well, he added.

“As of now, we have received no diplomatic note on this matter and that is where it stands,” said Minister of Foreign Affairs Winston Dookeran, when he spoke at the tea break in Parliament yesterday.

The Guardian, Newsday and CNC3 have reported the US Department of Justice had issued a diplomatic note to T&T’s Foreign Affairs Ministry for provisional warrants to be issued for three suspects described as “businessmen”. The reports further claimed the diplomatic note was to be forwarded to the Central Authority, which falls under the Ministry of the Attorney General, who would then issue the provisional warrants for the three suspects.

Dookeran said, “These matters are dealt with within a prescribed formula and we will do so if have to, but we have received no such note.”

High-ranking sources close to the investigation said had such a document been sent, it would have had to pass through the United States Embassy for the Charge D’Affairs to sign off on, before being sent to the Trinidad and Tobago authorities.

Well-placed sources at other agencies also indicated not even the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) had any knowledge of such a note being sent by the US State Department.

Contacted yesterday, public affairs officer at the US Embassy in Port of Spain Alexander McLaren said, “I cannot comment on the investigation and I have been getting a lot of calls about this.” McLaren, however, indicated the protocol was that matters of this nature would have to pass through the US Embassy.

The DEA and other local intelligence-gathering agencies are continuing their investigation into the suspects here wanted in connection with the drug bust.
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 25, 2014, 08:09:23 AM »

Haha.....Ent!  :whistling:
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 25, 2014, 01:44:41 PM »
Then yuh read shit like this from Francis Joseph no less... trying to gin up support for the Burroughs was set up crowd.

It is true that these criminals giving secret evidence could say whatever they want about anybody, but what's damning for me was that Burroughs insisted that he must be notified before any police raids were conducted on suspected drug dealers.  Not surprising, many of the raids were fruitless.  That and the way he went about undermining and emasculating the Narcotics Squad, while promoting the Flying Squad and it's Kangaroo court-style justice.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 25, 2014, 02:02:54 PM »
Then yuh read shit like this from Francis Joseph no less... trying to gin up support for the Burroughs was set up crowd.

Who is Charles?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 25, 2014, 03:48:03 PM »
Who is Charles?

The State took the evidence of a notorious criminal, Cuthbert “Scotty” Charles, to say that he was present when Burroughs was at Carli Bay, offloading cocaine.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 25, 2014, 06:05:56 PM »
Who is Charles?

The State took the evidence of a notorious criminal, Cuthbert “Scotty” Charles, to say that he was present when Burroughs was at Carli Bay, offloading cocaine.
Who is Charles?

WTH, I losing it yes.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 25, 2014, 06:07:07 PM »
Anyone remember the Salvatori [sp] incident down de island?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 25, 2014, 06:22:55 PM »
WTH, I losing it yes.

The bias in Francis Joseph article is readily apparent.  It's okay to remind readers of Charles' character... but who else could testify to criminal behavior witnessed other than a fellow criminal? lol

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 25, 2014, 09:00:45 PM »
WTH, I losing it yes.

The bias in Francis Joseph article is readily apparent.  It's okay to remind readers of Charles' character... but who else could testify to criminal behavior witnessed other than a fellow criminal? lol

Yeah, he work real hard to try and dust off Burroughs. Growing up it was "common knowledge" that Burroughs and them was corrupt, that they did whatever they wanted.

Our area was known for weed and they use to touch down on a regular basis in they helicopter. As kids we use to run when we saw a helicopter and say Burroughs coming to kill we. lol

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #266 on: January 26, 2014, 07:57:36 AM »
UWI lecturer on $644m cocaine bust: Mexican cartels infiltrate T&T
By Charles Kong Soo (Guardian).

University of the West Indies (UWI) criminology lecturer Daurius Figueira says the $644 million cocaine bust hidden in juice cans intercepted by US Customs officers at Norfolk, Virginia, USA, is the wakeup call that T&T has been infiltrated by the Mexican drug cartel. Figueira is also the author of the book, Cocaine Trafficking in The Caribbean & West Africa in the Era of The Mexican cartels.

Speaking to the Sunday Guardian in a telephone interview last week, he said: “That shipment has all the hallmarks of a Mexican drug cartel operation, its fingerprints are all over it. “That is the wakeup call for T&T. The Mexican cartels have already infiltrated the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, the Eastern Caribbean, Belize, Bahamas, Turks and Caicos islands, US Virgin Islands. It’s T&T’s time now, and Jamaica’s turn is next.”

Figueira said the Mexican drug cartels’ strategy was to use the Caribbean to move their product not only to West Africa and Europe, but also to the eastern seaboard of the USA and Canada. He said for the first time in the history of the Caribbean islands, the Caribbean was becoming fully integrated into drug trafficking towards the world. Figueira said cocaine swallowers and mules transported the drug in “modest” quantities to Canada and the US,but drug dealers were using containerised cargo to ship cocaine in massive quantities.

He said the cocaine shipment that the US interdicted was not the work of small-scale players, where three or four people got some cans and “tried something” by filling them with cocaine and selling them. Figueira said it was a well-organised, industrial smuggling operation.

Dealers use mould to press cocaine into shape

Unlike the liquid cocaine in a Pear D soft drink bottle that caused the death of Royal Navy veteran Joromie Lewis in the United Kingdom in December 2013, the cocaine intercepted in the Virginia drug bust was not dissolved, it was moulded to fit cans labeled Trinidad Orange and Grapefruit juices. He said that meant the drug dealers had a mould to press the cocaine in that circular shape.

Local manufacturer SM Jaleel and Company Ltd, which also makes the Pear D soft drink brand, stated on its Web site that it did not export the container of juices in which some 732 pounds of cocaine was concealed in. Sinaloa, Los Zetas cartels in the Caribbean

Figueira said the Sinaloa and Los Zetas were the two dominant Mexican cartels present in the Caribbean today. He said when they were moving through the islands, their leaders remained nameless and faceless.

Figueira said the Mexican drug cartels’ policy was that in every market that they established, they also became involved in retailing drugs, guns, trafficking, prostitution, and the smuggling of counterfeit goods. He said they were moving people through the Caribbean, carrying them into Central America, into Mexico, and then smuggling them across the border into the US.

How the Mexicans operate

Figueira said the Mexican drug cartels used two strategies to set up their trafficking operations; They corrupted the military and police and took the local gangs to be their affiliates. He said members of the military/police were also offered trafficking franchises as Mexican cartels preferred to corrupt and recruit them rather than politicians who were transitory.

Figueira said Mexican cartels also formed alliances with the narco-trafficking elites and gangs, offering them lucrative deals and drug franchises that were much better than those offered by the Colombians and Venezuelans. He said some members of these elites had made the fatal mistake of treating the Mexicans as inferiors. Figueira said once the Mexican cartels had established their links with gangs and others, they moved to physically eliminate the local elites with deliberate violence such as beheadings to leave as a sign.

He said this was how the Mexican cartels radically changed the social order of the illicit trades in a narco-trafficking state, instilling a new order in which the State was forced to perpetually battle for its survival because it had lost its capacity to maintain law and order.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 26, 2014, 08:57:07 AM »
Ah not too thrilled by that rendition above.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 26, 2014, 08:10:31 PM »
Mexico cartel hadda move all that product down south just to get it back the US? All the while adding on costs of bribing officials and logistics throughout all those contracts they moving their product in? I call BS on that one. Colombia has enough cocaine and the last time I checked, they supplied 80 percent of the world's cocaine. Mexico has enough suppliers being so close to the US border. Mexican gangs wouldn't be allowed to gain influence all the way down south.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 27, 2014, 05:57:46 AM »
Mexico cartel hadda move all that product down south just to get it back the US? All the while adding on costs of bribing officials and logistics throughout all those contracts they moving their product in? I call BS on that one. Colombia has enough cocaine and the last time I checked, they supplied 80 percent of the world's cocaine. Mexico has enough suppliers being so close to the US border. Mexican gangs wouldn't be allowed to gain influence all the way down south.

I think you massively underestimate the profits involved - Mexico is a mafiocracy, ruled by several prominent cartels funded by drug money. Their market is the US, and the Mexican-US boarder is increasingly militarised every day. When a single shipment can be worth millions of dollars, what's 10k to bribe an official and 15k in transport?

The incentive is to minimise the risk of the shipments being caught - being caught can lead back to you as well as lead to the loss of millions. In such a scenario, it's much safer to go through a number of intermediaries in different countries.

1]; } ?>