April 29, 2024, 11:08:31 AM

Author Topic: CAn T&T turn it around in time to make it to Germany?  (Read 1452 times)

truetrini

CAn T&T turn it around in time to make it to Germany?
« on: April 08, 2005, 10:05:33 PM »
I live in constant hope that the day will come when T&T realizes glory and makes it to the World Cup.

We have had a near miss and we have had an opportunity snatched from us by unscrupolous men in Haiti.

We have had good coaches, bad players, good players and bad coaches, we even had our share of footballing legends, but the ultimate prize had evaded us.

There has been frustration and strain with the recent rounds of games, when we only garnered 1 point from 3 games.  MAny here point out that when Jamaica made it in 1998, they too, found themselves in a similar position.

The only thing similar about our position and that of Jamaica in 1998 is that after 3 games we both had 1 point!

BUT....we have played 2 home games already..and only have one point to show for it.

Grabbing maximum points at home is very inportant to any qualifying campaign.  Do we have what it takes?

Can Leo pull the magic out of his hat and organize what amounts to be a team of underachieving footballers?

Was it all Bertille's fault?  Are the players tactically able to perform to Leo's specifications?
I have since realized that Bertille was NOT te best thing for the Warriors as he made fatal tactical and startegic blunders in choosing the team, and in making substitutions.  I am not so sure, however that this team has the prowess to win the needed games at home, much less games on the road.

I pray that i am wrong.  I am supporting with all my heart and soul, but I have now joined the ranks of the skeptics.

I hope that Leo is indeed ah "Mandrake" and that he can somehow get these players in the right frame of mind to be true warriors.

If he can that, we have a chance, if not..is back to de same ting over and over again.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: CAn T&T turn it around in time to make it to Germany?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 09:22:03 AM »
I share you r sentiment "TrueTrini' It is with utmost respect for the players and coach that I follow and support this team all the way. I know in the past, we have met with  asimilar fate of despair and despondancy. Our spirits were lifted up and then squashed by  ill timed goals or lack thereof.

I follow this campaign with cautious optimism and hope that one day we could all share in the pride and glory of TNT on the big stage.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 07:20:12 AM »
' A BAD Beginning may  result in a Good Ending'

In previous campaigns, we, the fans of TNT football have had our hopes heightened by positive first round results, only to see TNT sides falter in the final and decisive rounds. We have been subjected to heights of hope and lows of despair. It appears that this time, our emotions are reversed. So in reflecting on this present campaign, it seems that this time around, we are sitting on the  brink of either falling short or landing on our feet.

If the statement holds truth, that a bad beginning may lead to a good ending, then this time around, may prove fruitful for us. I believe that anything else, there will be a revamped focus, businesslike tone and strategic modification to approaching the next couple of games. Will this necessarily bring about a change in the result? The SOCCER Gods will tell in time.

A factor which has haunt us throughout is that of TIME needed to put  a viable system in place that would allow for a cohesive team. Incorporating the styles, skills, and strengths of the local players to the foreign based players is one too that must be factored in.

I would also advocate for  friendlies aganist formidable opponents prior to qualifications. If we had a  collection of players that could go all out, let's risk playing like there is no tomorrow. One shortfall with the last ' mess up'' prior to the Guatemala game is the perception that  we wanted to play it safe and have a'soft' game aganist the 'Silverbacks' What did we learn from that?

Given the players at our disposal-- Local, MLS and the U.K.; let's risk it all, play hard and move on "FULL FORCE."

Respectfully submitted

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 09:13:31 AM »
' A BAD Beginning may  result in a Good Ending'

In previous campaigns, we, the fans of TNT football have had our hopes heightened by positive first round results, only to see TNT sides falter in the final and decisive rounds. We have been subjected to heights of hope and lows of despair. It appears that this time, our emotions are reversed. So in reflecting on this present campaign, it seems that this time around, we are sitting on the  brink of either falling short or landing on our feet.

If the statement holds truth, that a bad beginning may lead to a good ending, then this time around, may prove fruitful for us. I believe that anything else, there will be a revamped focus, businesslike tone and strategic modification to approaching the next couple of games. Will this necessarily bring about a change in the result? The SOCCER Gods will tell in time.

A factor which has haunt us throughout is that of TIME needed to put  a viable system in place that would allow for a cohesive team. Incorporating the styles, skills, and strengths of the local players to the foreign based players is one too that must be factored in.

I would also advocate for  friendlies aganist formidable opponents prior to qualifications. If we had a  collection of players that could go all out, let's risk playing like there is no tomorrow. One shortfall with the last ' mess up'' prior to the Guatemala game is the perception that  we wanted to play it safe and have a'soft' game aganist the 'Silverbacks' What did we learn from that?

Given the players at our disposal-- Local, MLS and the U.K.; let's risk it all, play hard and move on "FULL FORCE."

Respectfully submitted

I rather like the old Dutch saying "A Good beginning is half the work"  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

TrinInfinite

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 09:36:39 AM »
very insightful article truetrini, its good to hear something other than a cussword come out from your mouth. I also want the best for the team, I do not object to Latapy coming back, only to the terms in which he wants to come back on. I think the warriors have a chance this time around in achieveing a goal which the entire nation can relish in and be proud of. Damn I'm starting to sound like Alberta Trini lol, ah kidding, anyways Leo has the experience to back up his talk, I'm waiting for the selection of the players to see how good this guy really is. His preparation will be key along with how well he relates to the players and their abilities, using their abilities to their best effect will be the interesting development which will determine how well we do in the campaign.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2005, 10:24:59 AM »
A good beginning nay be half the work but we have had those before to only see men fire the work and go in a tank.

"IT'S NOT HOW YOU BEGIN IT'S HOW YOU END"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2005, 10:29:06 AM »
Fail to Prepare.....Prepare to Fail

Daz de only endin dat guarantee in such a scenario.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>