April 19, 2024, 07:48:41 AM

Author Topic: Musings about our WCQ preparations thus far  (Read 3730 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Musings about our WCQ preparations thus far
« on: April 17, 2005, 08:27:31 AM »
I am becoming increasingly impatient with  the lack of public disclosure of our WCQ preparations' plans. An announcement about friendlies, or potential oppositions would  heighten interest at this time.

It is mid April and  with a new coach, and renewwed expectations, should we not be  more methodical in our preparations?

This last minute, hasty approach to organization, and assembling players and friendlies are impediments to  success. Could we reduce the anxiety, panic and utter feelings of desperation among the players, by at least planning and announcing:

A. Possible rival matches
  B. Possible names of players

I am hoping that we did have a well layed out plan  for this WCQ prior to 2005. For obvious reasons, the plan was not successful and we switched. Good call. But  what time constraints are we operating under for this new plan to materialise?

If this WCQ  campaign does not go our way, I would suggest we begin  building and setting in place, starting with the Gold Cup a 5 year plan for 2010 in South Africa. I know it may appear a long ways away but  one step in the present and one in the future will provide a vision for where we want to be and where we hope our football program can be. There is a whole  lot of football left to be played, but I believe that those in  management should be doing more to restore public confidence, to incite interest, to build our players sense of direction and to revive  confidence among our National team.

I think the business of accountability must be at the forefront. Those entrusted with public funds, must be held accountable; those entrusted with the managining and direction of our team must also be accountable.
Respectfully submited
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 10:17:08 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Musings about our WCQ preparations thus far
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 08:59:35 AM »
WHERE IS BENHAKKER NOW?? WHO IS HE MEETING WITH??

AT LEAST WHEN BERTILLE USED TO GO OVER FUENTES COULD HAVE TOLD US HE WAS WATCHIN STERN PLAY OR OBSERVIN ARSENAL TRAIN OR SUMTIN TO THAT EXTENT
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 09:03:59 AM »

Beenhakker said he not revealing much to the media about his conversations with the players.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 09:16:25 AM »
If he is not realing much is it because he is operating  from a  whole lot of uncertainty? So here is an approach. It is not new and it may not be the best thing since the discovery of the condom but here is an idea:

Why not  bring in all these local squads U-20- U23,& LOCAL BASED PROS  and have a weekend of " NATIONAL Team  QUALIFYING"; next we move on to a foreign  based players and have them "fight it out" for selection. then we mix up the players and have them play some friendlies and see where we stand at the end of this campaign?

There is no given that because you are playing here or there that you are an automatic fuh the team. This is not about who you are but where do you stand at this present time, in terms of performance, form, fitness, ablility, endurance, motivation, and desire.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 10:17:56 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2005, 09:31:13 AM »

I figure he doesn't like to reveal what he doing to his opponents.
Doesn't want to reveal what he talked about with his players...strengths, weaknesses and plans to his opponents.

If he was unfamiliar with the players don't think he is the type to try to hide that....he sounded like he at least knew their names...if it was he who was listing all of them in an article about the 3 day camps.

Fuentes and them might have to work harder to get anything out of him.  I doh mind cuz I feel even if we not hearing anything now, come May 1st things will be happening...the friendlies is what I worried about, Leo say one of the terms was that the conditions were right so he might be in a position to demand good opposition. 

Wondering if that mean they have to put out the money to get those friendlies if they have to?  Don't think he will stand for any "no money" talk.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2005, 09:37:36 AM »
thats actually a fantatstic idea... ;D

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2005, 09:48:59 AM »
Now I realize that this WQC is not one where you make the kind of public announcements so as to reveal strategies and ideas to opposssing teams. Those  anyone will agree  is the 'ace' you keep guarded.

My advocacy is based on the building up of players who are mentally tough, physically capable and a system and organization that is supportive along the same line. We have to begin to do things  with a more systematic approach so as to avoid the constant 'hurried up' planning and dissary among the team and management.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2005, 02:49:26 PM »
I tinhk before Beenhakker picks his 12 disciples, he has to  go into  spiritual seclusion; he will be tempted but he will return and make those 12 believers of us all. They will take us to the promise stage in Germany IF THEY FOLLOW THE MAN'S PREACHING AND HEED TO THE WORK ETHIC.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2005, 04:04:10 PM »
Benhakker's contract starts on May de first!! ah hope alyuh note that! anything that he does now is for free and should be considered as a bonus!

I was realiably imformed that he is putting a lot of things in place for the match against panama.  He already has drafted up local players that he is interested in and has plans of attending PFL games for every round! (just like errickson...lol).  He is no joker i assure you and will prepare this team the best way he can for the next game against panama!

He has international respect (without relying on money like jack does) so he is better able to organise friendlies with the national team!

He isnt stupid enugh to say things like "it go be ah whole different ball game in de next round" Everyone has de eye for talent but what Benhakker does well is finding appropriate roles for the right people!

I not sure that he has enough time to transform this side but i know that over time he CAN make a difference!

Watch and see how hard men go be running in training....lol (except yoke of course...dat is "ah we boy")
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2005, 07:48:34 PM »
Concacaf friendlies scheduled (and you wonder why we and Panama in last place)

Guatemala (GUA)  : Jamaica (JAM)   

Friendly 2005  ATLANTA USA - 20.04.2005 

Mexico (MEX)  : Poland (POL)   

Friendly 2005  CHICAGO USA - 27.04.2005 

Guatemala (GUA)  : Venezuela (VEN)   

Friendly 2005  NEW YORK USA - 11.05.2005 

Norway (NOR)  : Costa Rica (CRC)   

Friendly 2005  OSLO NORWAY - 24.05.2005 

USA (USA)  : England (ENG)   

Friendly 2005  CHICAGO USA - 28.05.2005 

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2005, 09:21:24 PM »
 Thanks for the info Arrow; This  is  what I am getting at. How is it that these countries could have these in place, it's made public and there is a sense of purpose for the players to be looking forward to.

All I am saying is let's get our house in order. To rub salt in the wound; Venezuela rigt dey  and ah see Guatemala has two friendlies line up. Why can't we take on Jamacia, Cuba Haiti, darn even leh we take on Barbados put one cut ass in they skin and call it George flying fish and cucoo.
Done de ole talk ; leh we really get soem decisive wins aganist these teams and move out the ocean fuh bigger fish; bring on Portugal Tell Winnipeg FURY tuh organize a Friendly aganist CANADA.
Nuff respect
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 09:29:30 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2005, 05:03:38 PM »
Guys you all are so accustomed to people making promises they do not keep that you are unable to wait for accurate information.  The TTFF under BSC announced that we will be playing Honduras in Miami and we ended up laying the Atlanta Siverbacks.  Be patient gentlemen.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2005, 06:49:01 PM »
NC; it's not about  the accuracy or inaccuracy of information to me. It is about the apparent lack of information.

I am simply requesting the management to have in place a set amount of friendlies, and  concrete  argreements with countries looking for  'friendlies'

Simply put simply requested.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2005, 12:46:52 AM »
Beenhakker Accepts Trinidad and Tobago Job
4/7/2005 6:49:00 PM
Former Holland boss Leo Beenhakker has agreed to a six month contract with the Trinidad Football federation.
The 62 year old Dutchman goes to replace Bertille St. Claire, who was sacked following last month’s draw against Costa Rica.

Beenhakker will lead the national team until October 12th, day in which Trinidad and Tobago play their final CONCACAF qualifying match against Mexico.

The Caribbean side have collected just one point in their first three matches of the ‘hexagonal’.

Beenhakker has also coached a flurry of clubs in his career including Ajax, Real Madrid, and Feyenoord.

So if this contract is for six months, what happpens if we qualify fuh world cup? I know it may seem obvious in that sense. In another sense, what commitment do we have to loook after the long range future of football in TNT? Ok I guess that issue is for another day and another coach.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2005, 04:42:15 AM »
I think the TTFF was cautious in their approach to offer him a long term contract.  What if he is a total failure.  To me, th is contract seems like a probationary period.  If we do well, whether we qualify or not, they will extend his contract, if he fails, and his system of coaching does not mesh with our cultural style (not necessarily a laid back style)  then they could release him without having to pay big bucks!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2005, 12:00:00 PM »
LIke everybody forget is the TTFF we talking about...since when they do anything that makes sense
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

TrinInfinite

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2006, 12:51:11 PM »
beenhakker in de red light district right now, doing some window shoppin 4 for de next women who he will train in his bedroom  :devil:

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2006, 06:13:15 PM »
LOOK IT DEY!!!!!! Even TOGO on th move in their preparations? where are we?

Togo line up Guinea friendly in Paris
5 January 2006
by Reuters

FIFA World Cup finalists Togo are to play a friendly international against fellow African Nations Cup competitors Guinea on Saturday, officials said on Thursday.
The two countries will play at Viry-Chatillon in Paris ahead of the 16-team African tournament in Egypt later this month.

Guinea have also arranged a friendly against Ligue 1 club Olympique Marseille on January 12.

Togo will play against Angola, Cameroon and the Democratic Republic of Congo in Group B at the Nations Cup finals while Guinea have been drawn in group C with South Africa, Tunisia and Zambia.

The Nations Cup starts on January 20.

ROLL CALL and we absent: look at prepaprations by other countries . Where are we in the mix?

http://www.worldcuplatest.com/internationalfriendlies?from=15

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2006, 06:38:16 PM »
US Coach Names Pre World Cup Training Camp Squad
With European-based players in mid-season, U.S. coach Bruce Arena has named a home-based 30-man squad for a pre-World Cup training camp at the National Training Centre in Carson, California, beginning on Jan. 4th 2006.
Nineteen of the players named have 10 or fewer caps and six have yet to make an appearance for the senior team, including 16-year-old D.C.

United forward Freddy Adu who earned his first call-up.
The U.S. will play a series of friendlies in California, hosting Canada on Jan. 22, Norway seven days later and Japan on Feb. 10th. Arrangements are being made for a Feb. 19 home game and one on March 1st to be played in Europe.
On March 22, the U.S. will face World Cup 2006 hosts Germany in Dortmund, before playing three friendlies at home in May as a final warm-up before heading to the finals where they wplay in Group E with Italy, Ghana and the Czech Republic.

ummm.... and we still thinking about making announcement tomorrow?

1]; } ?>