April 25, 2024, 02:56:09 AM

Author Topic: When yuh small yuh small .. say wha  (Read 2096 times)

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
When yuh small yuh small .. say wha
« on: December 08, 2005, 10:00:26 AM »
I suppose we have to start somewhere...

From Fox Sports:

SAO PAULO, Brazil (AP) - Brazil coach Carlos Alberto Parreira says he hopes his team ducks difficult opponents in Friday's World Cup draw to avoid the fate of France and Argentina in 2002.

Brazil is heavily favored to win next year's tournament in Germany, but four years ago in South Korea and Japan favorites Argentina and France were eliminated in the group stage.

"We will hope that not-so-strong adversaries are drawn to Brazil's group," Parreira, in Leipzig to watch the draw, told the Brazilian Soccer Confederation's Web site. "It would be good to avoid what happened to Argentina and France in 2002."

Brazil "will need the same luck as in 2002 to avoid strong adversaries," read a headline in the O Estado de S. Paulo newspaper. "Brazil could face Portugal or the Netherlands in the early stages."

Brazil drew China, Costa Rica and Turkey at the 2002 World Cup.

"A complicated scenario would put Brazil in a group against the Netherlands, Serbia-Montenegro and Australia," the Folha de S. Paulo newspaper said. "But it also could fall into a 'joke group' with Switzerland, Togo and Trinidad and Tobago."
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: When yuh small yuh small .. say wha
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 10:03:38 AM »
So they consider us a joke side,I just hoping and praying we cut plenty ass in the tournament. 

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 10:08:49 AM »
 We can't get vex for that...This is expected...eg. If it was cricket and we get USA in our group...we will say the same thing although USA cricket team could have redefined themselves....We just have to take this with a pinch of salt....Its on our team to improve so that we could prove others wrong.....Go T&T

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 10:12:45 AM »
Yeah dread Joke side or no Joke side.....we go beat Everybody no matter wah group we in.YEAHHH

If a Brazil..........Soca or Samba
If a England..........we go beat up on Babylon. Colonial days done
If a France.......we gonna buss them up and dip them in Coffee
If a Argentia....we go show them the FOOT of God

All them Big sides gonna feel the Wrath of the Warriors..Once them T&T boys know, come June is no skin teething, serious bizness. I know men go be star struck, but yuh cah win games like that............We have to have the mind set that we are equals to these teams............iF WE HAVE THAT attitude we will put in a good performance.

Once we pass 1st round I would love to see us against U.S.A..I want to beat them REALLLLLL bad, they feel they is hot shit..........Cah wait to buss them up on the Big stage

Go warriors................ :beermug:

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 01:37:20 PM »
How it is that so much anger is directed at Arena for his comments but this is accepted with a shrug?

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 01:40:26 PM »
How it is that so much anger is directed at Arena for his comments but this is accepted with a shrug?

Weyy real brace boy.

Arena in no place to say what he said. Parreira and Brazil have proved themselves time and time again in world football - he could say what he want and ppl will acknowledge it easily.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 01:42:37 PM »

Rem is not the coach say that..is the de newspaper...so we can't fight them for that..that's what the fans are there for..
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 01:48:04 PM »

de US is some big football country >:(  why Bruce doh haul he ass. Dis eh no big football country for he to be talking so >:(
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 01:50:52 PM »
We can't get vex for that...This is expected...eg. If it was cricket and we get USA in our group...we will say the same thing although USA cricket team could have redefined themselves....We just have to take this with a pinch of salt....Its on our team to improve so that we could prove others wrong.....Go T&T

Lara and any other man beating the whole US cricket team :rotfl:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 01:53:02 PM »
let them call we joke team...i go take that gladly cuz den it go be that much sweeter wen surprise some teams wit we performance
Back in Trini...

Offline Milan!!!

• Naps man fuh life!!!
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 02:01:50 PM »
Fellas for de nexx few months..we wil lreally have to deal with alot of talk putting us down and kinda ridiculing us in a way..but u know what...fire bun all a dem..we in de world cup..and come victory or no victory...we gotta be proud of ourselves yeh!!!

Onwards to Germany

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 02:18:01 PM »
In 90, could you imagine de sentiments when Cameroon took de field in Italy for de first time? All dem Rastas?

Yet, they took de world by storm and emerged de darlins of dat WC. Why? Because dey took care ah business on de FIELD. And since den, dey don't take African teams lightly no more. In fact, recruiting talent outta Africa spiked after dat.

Well is de same way de Soca Warriors have to appraoch dis. Doh mine what NOBODY say, be it Arena or some @$$hole reporter. Handle business on de field and hold yuh Warrior head high.
Toujour Pret!

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2005, 03:23:11 PM »
   I would absolutely LOVE if we could be in a group with Togo, Brasil, and Switzerland, then our chances of the second round would be very good and we would have gotten to play the great Brasil.

Fingers crossed, small thing, no matter what we have a chance once we get a pool 3 team that is not Paraguay then I think we can match Australia, Ecuador and the other ones.

J.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2005, 12:10:12 AM »
I glad if everybody call we a joke side, hear what di whole world can call we shit, but its about what happends on the pitch. and if we loose i know we aint takin no 8-0 like saudi. that group there Brazil, Switzerland and Togo i would be very happy wid, we could get through that group. really who ever we draw i will believe we can get through. just dont want a group wid brazil and holland. even den i go smile  ;D

1]; } ?>