April 23, 2024, 11:19:29 AM

Author Topic: Anthony Noriega and Teba McKnight  (Read 2333 times)

Offline mcpher28

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Anthony Noriega and Teba McKnight
« on: December 14, 2005, 12:17:52 PM »
I manage the soccer pitch at George Mason and get to work with Noreiga and Teba.  Are either of them good enough to make the World Cup team?  I have enjoyed watching them play this past year.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 02:53:57 PM by Tallman »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Turf Manager from George Mason with questions about Noreiga and McKnight
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 12:39:42 PM »
GO U. MARYLAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......kidding

I've heard good things about Noriega.........Haven't heard much about Teba in a while.......good to hear that they're doing well at G.Mason. It would be better if they were at Maryland though ;D......

I think apart from whether or not they are good enough, there is an issue with how often they are seen performing by the relevant people.

I'd like someone to comment on what we have in place officially, in terms of scouting..... other than press updates to closely monitor the performance (visually) of our young players in the U.S.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 12:47:14 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 12:45:53 PM »
GO U. MARYLAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kicker, answer de man question nah man ;D. Ah lil vex because Clemson get knock out in de semis nah. As far as Noreiga and McKnight goes, I heard they improved tremendously (especially Noreiga). Dunno if they could make de squad until they try-out.
Ketch footballitis

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 12:49:27 PM »
GO U. MARYLAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kicker, answer de man question nah man ;D. Ah lil vex because Clemson get knock out in de semis nah.

y'all made a good run this year in the NCAA's. Are you playing for the tigers ?

GO ACC !!!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 12:52:01 PM by kicker »

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 12:54:40 PM »
Nah i just watch the games. It hard to play ball and do grad school. But they did surprise everybody considering where they were in midseason.
Ketch footballitis

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 01:01:42 PM »
 These guys have to impress Beenhakker...They are talented...No question about that but they need to be given the opportunity and I think they could impress

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 01:04:27 PM »
Nah i just watch the games. It hard to play ball and do grad school. But they did surprise everybody considering where they were in midseason.

yeah...pretty impossible to do grad school and sports....even if you still have eligibility.... I did b.school at Maryland...they were knocking at the door for the previous 3 years (knocked out in the final four 3 years in a row). They finally got it right this year. Good to see that Clemson rep'd the ACC at the final 4.

I know allyuh still thanking Notre Dame for upsetting Indiana (not sure how they did that). Good stuff either way. Beating Creighton is no easy task.  :beermug:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 01:09:21 PM by kicker »

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 01:26:44 PM »
Yeah I think Indiana were in the top 3. But the real surprise was beating NC State, after they destroyed us in de regular season. Two transfers from community college make the difference this year - a irishman in defence and a lil jamaican in front.
Ketch footballitis

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 02:02:14 PM »
Noriega should still be good enough to make the squad, he was under Simones. As a defender he has greater value in this squad, and should be viewed.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 02:28:51 PM »
Of the two, Noriega has the better chance of making the team.  haven't seen him play in a while, but he has good vision, very good distribution, and a good touch for a big man.  His height ia a good complement to his skill. It's a pity that he hasn't been in the national team mix more often.  He should definitely be a part of 2010 campaign. 

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 02:39:38 PM »
How could I forget.....Maryland are the National Champions...basketball, now football, only ting left is American football. If the big and bold Freigen could get them on the right path bizzness fix.

As far as those two players are concern, there are people with scouting responsibilities in the DC area who should be able tuh answer these questions.....I know that they read the board, so come nah man gih we some answers dey.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 02:58:15 PM »
I for one against using these US college players in the senior team.  Why?  Because as we have seen on countless ocassions, US College Soccer is not a good barometer for International class.  You have to be a professional footballer I believe to really make any meaningful contribution to a quality National Team.  Your mindset and level of experience is key, not just talent.

It is rare that a US College player can make a quality National Team.  Notice I said "quality".  Not Grenada or St. Vincent or any of them so.  Quality teams.  Scott Sealy for example was on teh fringe of the National Team while in school but when did he come into his own on the team -- when he became accustomed to the rigours of professional football.

So I say let them college fellas breeze out.  Give them a try out yeah.  If we see a good man who has the requisite mindset and experience pull him to train.  But don't expect to get much from the US College ranks for World Cup 2006.  2010 is them fellas time.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Anthony Noriega and Teba McKnight
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2005, 03:31:33 PM »
I manage the soccer pitch at George Mason and get to work with Noreiga and Teba.  Are either of them good enough to make the World Cup team?
I don't see them making the team at this point. However, Noriega already has 3 international caps and has been invited to the MLS combine (January 12-15, 2006).
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2005, 05:23:47 PM »
I for one against using these US college players in the senior team.  Why?  Because as we have seen on countless ocassions, US College Soccer is not a good barometer for International class.  You have to be a professional footballer I believe to really make any meaningful contribution to a quality National Team.  Your mindset and level of experience is key, not just talent.

It is rare that a US College player can make a quality National Team.  Notice I said "quality".  Not Grenada or St. Vincent or any of them so.  Quality teams.  Scott Sealy for example was on teh fringe of the National Team while in school but when did he come into his own on the team -- when he became accustomed to the rigours of professional football.

So I say let them college fellas breeze out.  Give them a try out yeah.  If we see a good man who has the requisite mindset and experience pull him to train.  But don't expect to get much from the US College ranks for World Cup 2006.  2010 is them fellas time.
You forget that the US captain, Claudio Reyna started playing for the senior team while in college at UVA.
TnT Patriot

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 09:34:16 AM »

You forget that the US captain, Claudio Reyna started playing for the senior team while in college at UVA.

Was the US a "quality" team then?  I don't think so.  Also, Claudio Reyna is an outstanding talent.  There are always exceptions to the rule.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
Re: Anthony Noriega and Teba McKnight
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 12:17:22 PM »
so why dem man cyah be an exception? :heehee:

1]; } ?>