April 27, 2024, 05:44:32 AM

Author Topic: What T&T needs  (Read 3034 times)

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
What T&T needs
« on: December 08, 2005, 03:10:19 PM »
T&T despite getting to the World Cup is not getting any respect from teams and there supporters in the region. Supporters from Jamaica, Canada, Guatemala and the US while happy a team from Concacaf is there are down playing our results and qualification.

There arguement being that T&T had weak oppenents in there opening round facing St. Vincent and St. Kitts. They were unable to beat the US and Costa Rica at home. And despite wins over Guatemala and Mexico at home T&T showed poor form when hitting the road.

Now that we have qualified T&T needs to become consistent first at home and then abroad. We only have to look at our cousins in the north to see what being consistent is about. Up until last year playing at the national stadium in Kingston was not a easy walk for any team.

Jamaica proved that home should be a fortress and playing there be it Brazil or Norway should never afford the opposition much of oppurtunity for a win or tie.

Unfortunately, T&T doesnot have that stella record at home. Lets face the facts, should Honduras, Jamaica or Guatemala come to Port of Spain those teams would give us a run for our money. Not to speak of the US, Costa Rica and Mexico. 

It should not be a crap shoot of which T&T team will show up when the are playing at home. The one that played Mexico or the one that played Bahrain. Hasley Crawford should be a fortress and any team coming to T&T should be shaking in there boots not licking there chops.

Marc

Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Milan!!!

• Naps man fuh life!!!
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What T&T needs
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 03:20:59 PM »
I definitely support your views there..but we dont just need to win at home my friend..i guess we can start there, and convert our victories to venues outside of Trinidad. I think this is already establised and known throughout the footballing fraternity in Trinidad.

What Trinidad truly needs is support and support in financial terms..as Mr. Warner mentioned we need to put our money where our mouth is. This is exactly the case with our cousins up north. they made it to the world cup and it seemed as though all went sour after that..i guess there was not proper planning after the world cup!!!!

Lets hear in this post what Trinidad needs to survive the world cup and beyond. Let there be proper planning and voice your concerns!!!!

Onwards to GErmany!!!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 03:28:42 PM »
Well our record is improving. It will take time to create more victories and a better reputation.

Mexico beaten at de Hasely  (top 10 team)
Guatemala beaten at de Hasely
Panama beaten at de Hasely  (with a small crowd)
Costa Rica drawn at de Hasely (with a small crowd)
Bahrain drawn at de Hasely
USA 2:1 winner at de Oval  (top 10 team)

Not too bad for a renewed T&T that is no where near full potential.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Milan!!!

• Naps man fuh life!!!
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 03:34:30 PM »
Exactly dreamer..thats my point..We did well at Hasely and we are jus getting our feet back..who knows what our potential will be in years to come...but since the fire is buring we need the "coals" to keep it burning!!!!

Onwards to Germany!!!!!!!

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 03:52:44 PM »
if i recall properly, every single year before this when we fail to advance, we always happy when other CONCACAF teams reppin the region in the WC, but thats about it.
We have always deep down been a lill jealous too that it wasnt trini there.

We hadda earn that respect over time. We making some strides to do that over the last few months, but we still have a ways...

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 03:54:53 PM »
We need to learn how to stay mentally focused for 90 minutes. We are often undone by some woeful mental lapses.

We need more speed in the team. We will be one of the slowest teams in the WC. Not just individual speed...but the ability to convert possession into attack with quick sharp passing. The defense is slow...and dat does spell pressure at the highest level.

We need Carlos and Whitley to continue to step up. As much as people Criticize carlos' crossing..de man has decided to take on more responsibility with the ball in the last 4 or so games. Defenders frighten to fly in. And just when we thought he was overdribbling de man but downa  sweet solid defensive performance against Bahrain in the 2nd leg. Whitley starting to look like class. At this level...individual brilliance could make the difference.

Stern hadda frighten to loss he wuk. And so must everyone else. Competition within the squad is necessary...some men must feel like dey ticket eh book yet.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 03:58:03 PM »
TnT needs support from the fans at home games...that would be a big boost to the morale of the players..and yes the players need to change their attitude..win games with skill and determination..not ole talk.
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 04:22:36 PM »
 T&T needs a decent youth structure to take players from SSFL and develop them properly...T&T also needs to learn discipline and stop rewarding players who are indisciplined regardless of their skill...Go T&T

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 05:43:41 PM »
T&T needs a decent youth structure to take players from SSFL and develop them properly...T&T also needs to learn discipline and stop rewarding players who are indisciplined regardless of their skill...Go T&T

agreed

i could just imagine the talent we miss out on because of the current structure.i.e. all the schoole not participating in the top league causes the population to miss out on alot of talent.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 05:53:15 PM »
What we needed already happened and that’s making it to the World cup now we have to play all they talk in the world can’t and will not make you a better team what makes a good team is unity and wiliness to play the right way all the other things will come we have to earn respect   
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 05:54:25 PM »
 :beermug:

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 06:00:37 PM »
allyuh eh think that making it to the world cup is incentive enough fuh man tuh raise they level of play?

Now if past performances is an indicator of future performances, them we need all players to take stock and rise to the occassion. But consider that the 'pressure' games we had to win we did so this year as opposed to  past WCQ.

I mean as a young fella  running out  on Skinner park in the late sixties was very different than playing ball  in the village field. Yuh play and motivation goes up a notch.Imagine the warriors facing off aganist Brazi? man go be extra punmped; Talk about pressure game!!!!! have no fear ah have full confidence we go have soem decent showing!!!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2005, 06:09:24 PM »
TnT needs support from the fans at home games...that would be a big boost to the morale of the players..and yes the players need to change their attitude..win games with skill and determination..not ole talk.

wha home games u talkin bout partner?
d world cup in Germany

Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2005, 06:12:39 PM »

wha home games u talkin bout partner?
d world cup in Germany

We talking about TnT football in general and what they need to sustain istself for future growth..not what we need in germany!!!

Big up Warrior Crew!!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2005, 06:25:05 PM »
All we need to do is sort out the defense problems and stop 2 man jumping for the same ball and missing clumsy clumsy, and we will be ok, trus me.

If we play and defend like we did vs Bahrain in the second game and a real team ketch we, it all over.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2005, 06:26:22 PM »
but honestly all ah we iz also to blame. ah pro league game gets like 10 replies and ah arsenal v man boo game would go to like 10 pages. i think we need an internal mindset change. not pointing fingers but we need to start loving our teams with the same agape love we show the epl and spanish teams
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2005, 06:45:33 PM »
but honestly all ah we iz also to blame. ah pro league game gets like 10 replies and ah arsenal v man boo game would go to like 10 pages. i think we need an internal mindset change. not pointing fingers but we need to start loving our teams with the same agape love we show the epl and spanish teams

One important ting yuh leave out is dat there is hardly any promotion of de league, clubs and players. Other dan Jabloteh, nobody have ah website. W-Connection use tuh have one, but not anymore. Ah had high hopes fuh de Pro League website, but so far it is only marginally useful. Yuh doh get comprehensive match reports, yuh doh get squad lineups, yuh doh get any kind of statistics, yuh doh get player profiles/bios. Yuh doh get match highlights, yuh does hardly get good match pictures. It have tuh be ah two way street.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2005, 07:04:33 PM »

By the time players at that level they already set in their bad habits.  Grooming needs to take place much earlier than that.  See how de Dutch does teach them from young, using the same structure throughout the pipeline?  That is what we need to do, and at a very early age.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2005, 07:08:45 PM »
if I tell you what Trinidad really needs all yuh go say Disgruntled doh start yuh too harsh

Més que un club.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2005, 07:09:13 PM »

One important ting yuh leave out is dat there is hardly any promotion of de league, clubs and players. Other dan Jabloteh, nobody have ah website. W-Connection use tuh have one, but not anymore. Ah had high hopes fuh de Pro League website, but so far it is only marginally useful. Yuh doh get comprehensive match reports, yuh doh get squad lineups, yuh doh get any kind of statistics, yuh doh get player profiles/bios. Yuh doh get match highlights, yuh does hardly get good match pictures. It have tuh be ah two way street.

As a whole, Trinidad is still behind in terms of maximizing website technology.  They ain't realize that this thing goes further than putting up ah website and updating it three times ah year.  Website programming is like TV; it has to be maintained and updated regularly.  The PFL officials talking bout they want respect, but all these things are a reflection of the professionalism of the league.  They ain't marketing this thing to the fullest potential.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2005, 07:09:42 PM »

By the time players at that level they already set in their bad habits. Grooming needs to take place much earlier than that. See how de Dutch does teach them from young, using the same structure throughout the pipeline? That is what we need to do, and at a very early age.
Right you are! but we do need to know how to utilize SSFL talent better...We have a mentality of accepting indiscipline....We do need to instill discipline at a younger age....Bless

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2005, 10:45:35 PM »
What's nice here is that you are all correct, morvantman made a good point, however, until the pfl establishes a "full time" , well staffed and supported marketing department, we will continue to seee low turn-out, along with a small fan base. Skeene needs to address these issues.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2005, 07:01:45 AM »

That may be so but yuh have to remember also that many of the posters in this forum don't live at home and have no access to pro-league games. I fuh one just have to turn on my TV to get EPL, Bundesliga, Ligue Un, La Liga and Champions league football every week. But short of taking a trip home to Trini, I cyah see no PFL games. Also, the PFL start donkey years after I leave home and I never see dem teams play so it hard to develop de attachment to dem that I would have for a team like ManU who supporting from since I was living home.

Dat being said, better promotion of the league by TTFF would help. As "Tallman" suggested, a more comprehensive and updated website would be a good start.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2005, 10:00:52 AM »
for real.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2005, 10:59:08 AM »
T&Tfootball  needs to get more media coverage of games at all levels. It had real time when Intercol was going on and you can't  see highlights from other zones cause no tv crew went the game. You have no idea what the other teams look like. The media also needs to start covering under 14 and 16 games. Men need a little incentive to continue playing. If they get a litle fifteen minutes of fame when they young they might get hook. It have real fellas does be playing small goal and talented and it never transfer to the big field because they don't  see the benefit or they not going a school that play SSFL.The incentive to be a footballer in Trinidad is not there. Some people really don't see any profit in it. Real men parrents does tell them sports in Trinibago doh pay.

We need to start some community leagues that PFL sides are involveed in. Whether is a once a month training session. Training of a man to be a better coach. Whatever.People will always support they family they neighbour etc. The support  might spill over to the PFL sides.

The TTFF should be handling marketing men for scholarships abroad. Have a SAT center for players so that they could get the necessary score. Handle flight and probably stipend if necessary.

They should probably have men in charge of players by their respective zones while they in SSFL and  probably 5 years after.These men should have some kinda interest in the community league too. They should track the players progress and report appropriately to the TTFF. Of course this go have real family thing in it but that is part of we. :devil:

Finally back to giving men the fifteen minutes of fame. Choose under 14 & 16 teams from each zone and put their profiles online big them up. Have a league and invite a different Caribbean countires' respective teams. Let them get a lil plane ride to play somewhere and feel big bout they self.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 11:08:45 AM by rippin »
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

1]; } ?>