April 27, 2024, 08:01:26 AM

Author Topic: FIFA / UEFA = Gravediggers of football  (Read 1967 times)

Offline lizzard1910

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
FIFA / UEFA = Gravediggers of football
« on: December 09, 2005, 04:00:51 AM »
To me FIFA and UEFA are the gravediggers of football. They are selling the soul of the game. >:(
Money rulez. They are making the rich clubs richer and the poor ones poorer.
They are commin' up with bullsh...rules, like booking a player for taking of his shirt after scoring, they are banning the real fans in order to get more of the ones with big pockets (VIP lounges instead of stands >>new topic!).
Football always was the people's sport and should always be, but the development makes me sad :drool: :cursing:

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: FIFA / UEFA = Gravediggers of football
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 04:14:10 AM »
Yeah that is a shitty rule. I was supprized when I read that one in the rule book
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 09:10:11 AM »
To me FIFA and UEFA are the gravediggers of football. They are selling the soul of the game. >:(
They are commin' up with bullsh...rules, like booking a player for taking of his shirt after scoring sad :drool: :cursing:

How does that rule help the rich clubs to the expense of the poor?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 09:14:34 AM »

Very sad indeed.
PSV would have made much more money if they would have done UEFA after this winterstop instead of CL. So if you look at the money for all clubs from small countries its way better to jump out of CL.
In the case of PSV they have a strong sponsor so they didn't go for that, but it does tell you how sad it got.

In CL they only look at the # TV viewers & do anything to make sure the big clubs with their huge number of bench sitters have the best outlook. Even in the NBA its better organized.
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 09:31:04 AM »
They are commin' up with bullsh...rules, like booking a player for taking of his shirt after scoring, they are banning the real fans in order to get more of the ones with big pockets (VIP lounges instead of stands >>new topic!).
Football always was the people's sport and should always be, but the development makes me sad :drool: :cursing:

Bet yuh does be plannin yuh schedule around World Cup and Champions League doh.  Bet yuh watchin football on TV whenever yuh could.  Football is entertainment and entertainment is BIG BUSINESS.  Daz jes how it is padnah.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Redditch Valiant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 12:40:52 PM »
They are commin' up with bullsh...rules, like booking a player for taking of his shirt after scoring,

We had a player sent off for a second yellow card at the start of last season - because he ran over to the supporters to celebrate!  >:( >:(
Proud to be an honorary "Trinbagonian"
GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 12:48:07 PM »

breds...you have started a thread and said pertty much....nothing
money rules in football...period. EUFA, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL, ASIA, OCEANIA, AFRICA...everywhere. It also has as much to do with the local football federations and their leagues as it does with regional federations and FIFA
the real fans are not getting banned...banned?...unless you call hooligans and neo-nazi assholes real fans. However, the 'real fans'...aka poorer fans...fans are choosing not to come to games because of rising ticket prices and increasing violence in and around stadia. Blame the local clubs and federations for this as much as or more than FIFA or EUFA or any regional football governing body
Bullsh** rules...nothing wrong with taking off shirts...except a) some ruined it by putting offensive or politically motivated slogans on their undershirts b) others were using it to waste time with excessive time wasting c) assholes in the stands were getting exceedingly retributive by considering those types of elaborate celebration a grave insult and harming the fans of opposing teams

Sure UEFA and FIFA make mistakes and drop the ball. Sure some of their solutions and initiatives seem senseless or greedy ......but you have not made any of those points and you seem to not realize that UEFA and FIFA are not the only ones to blame
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 12:50:06 PM by Filho »

Offline lizzard1910

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 03:56:06 PM »
They are commin' up with bullsh...rules, like booking a player for taking of his shirt after scoring sad :drool: :cursing:

I just mentioned different points why I critisize them, no connection here.
But a) The rule is bullshit and b) the way UEFA disrtibutes money in the CL makes the gap between rich and poor bigger and bigger.
Another examle from Germanies's cup competition: Only one third division team left among the last 16 teams. If they'd show their match on TV it would help that club big times (people asked for that match too). But: they show the usual ones. The extra money is peanuts for them, but their managers have big influence on the TV stations.
My main point is: Why are stands not allowed in international games (at least in Europe)? CRAP CRAP CRAP. If I go to a stadium, I want to stand! That's football. Who want's to stand at a condert of the Rolling Stones or whoever. Sitting is for the butt, we say in Germany.
From TTs point of view: Even the ranking system is only about money: The big guys do't want TT, Saudi Arabia, Costa Rica and Angola in one group...
I am supporter of a very poor club an d I konow what I'm talking about. I won't change my mind.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 05:00:16 PM »

But a) The rule is bullshit and b) the way UEFA disrtibutes money in the CL makes the gap between rich and poor bigger and bigger.
Another examle from Germanies's cup competition: Only one third division team left among the last 16 teams. If they'd show their match on TV it would help that club big times (people asked for that match too). But: they show the usual ones. The extra money is peanuts for them, but their managers have big influence on the TV stations.
My main point is: Why are stands not allowed in international games (at least in Europe)? CRAP CRAP CRAP. If I go to a stadium, I want to stand! That's football. Who want's to stand at a condert of the Rolling Stones or whoever. Sitting is for the butt, we say in Germany.
From TTs point of view: Even the ranking system is only about money: The big guys do't want TT, Saudi Arabia, Costa Rica and Angola in one group...
I am supporter of a very poor club an d I konow what I'm talking about. I won't change my mind.

You are talking about real issues in football but not all the problems you mentioned are UEFA or FIFA's fault ...or solely their fault. Your point about the ranking for the WC is just plain ridiculous. I not even going to bother to explain how that makes no sense...if that was the case then they would just give Europe and South America more spots..and they are doing the opposite...u r sounding a lil paranoid. good luck to your team...

Offline lizzard1910

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 05:11:52 PM »

You are talking about real issues in football but not all the problems you mentioned are UEFA or FIFA's fault ...or solely their fault. Your point about the ranking for the WC is just plain ridiculous. I not even going to bother to explain how that makes no sense...if that was the case then they would just give Europe and South America more spots..and they are doing the opposite...u r sounding a lil paranoid. good luck to your team...

I don't know too much about CONCACAF, Asian Footbaal etc. Probably it's the same.
Sometimes things are too coplicated for a short post...But it can't be O.K. if e.g. only 10% of the wc tix are in free sale...look at past tournaments: sponsors get tix and the seats will be empty, because you don't want to take your BUSINESS partners to TT vs. Paraguay (unfortunately the draw showes you that's what your tix are for). You as a Businessman think it's nut suitable! That's a fact and it still makes me angry

1]; } ?>