April 24, 2024, 10:54:02 PM

Author Topic: Warner allegedly speaks out on donovan  (Read 7166 times)

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warner allegedly speaks out on donovan
« on: December 09, 2005, 10:56:34 AM »
http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/story?id=389272
i think it pretty much translates here:

The President of CONCACAF, Jack Warner, assured his audience that Landon Donovan is stupid for saying that Mexico didn't deserve it.

Jack Warner stood up in anger and railed against the leading player from the United States, Landon Donovan.

The President of Concacaf learned that Donovan considers Mexico unworthy of their nomination as a seeded member of a group in the world Cup draw that will take place this Friday.

And he threw everything at him.

"Donovan is very young and very stupid, very stupid" he shot off immediately.

Warner decked out in an impeccable black coat and hat in the best Caponesque style, kept firing with his best artillery.

"Donovan does not have the experience to give an opinion. He's very young and very stupid. He's no sense of history of soccer, no background. He doesn't know anything. For me, it's a bunch of stupidity."

With unusual anger in his gestures and his voice, including trembling lips while he lambasted Landon Donovan.

"Donovan has been to the World Cup twice. He has no record in these tournaments, what has he done? Forget about him, and what he said. He's very stupid, ¿OK? ¿OK?", emphasized the President of CONCACAF.

Previously, Warner had praised Mexico for their nomination as a seeded team.

"This designation is very deserved, it's a great achievement for Mexico and a great achievement for CONCACAF" said Warner.

"If Mexico is up, CONCACAF FOOTBALL is up. Mexico and my Confederation, we work united" added Warner.
Hart for president

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner allegedly speaks out on donovan
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 10:58:59 AM »
WOW.. Like Jack was LIVID boy
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 11:00:32 AM »
first Arena now Donovan
them fellas only running they mouth
I hope Donovan meet u against Italy and Cannavaro put ah beast of ah tackle on him

on another note I see Jack eh really stuttering these days
he must be start back though when yuh see he lip and them shaking he must be revert back to he old self

Més que un club.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 11:03:42 AM »
Aparently English is the only language he stutters in.. It is reported that in the other languages he speaks he is almost flawless.!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 11:07:26 AM »
dont make the mexico payoff so obvious,jack  :P   just kidding. you cant pay for a left-foot bullet from stern.
Hart for president

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 11:10:34 AM »
 :rotfl: If Donovan was right dey, Jack mighta clout him!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 11:11:38 AM »
Jack right to blast off Donovan. I always give Americans dey respect when it comes to football but how Donovan go say dat? He fell cuz dey beat dem 2-0 in d qualifiers dat dey should be seeded? Dey come dead last in 98, how d ass dey could be seeded? FIFA also said what criteria was used to seed the teams and dey came 9th which isnt bad so why he getting on like a lil fagget. Mexico has done a lot more in football than USA so he shud shut he c*nt. He not even a big player dread.....buh wah d f*ck is dis i reading dread? Dat real annoy meh.......
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 11:14:33 AM »
Donovan and the USA have no kind ah football pedigree but yet they only opening they ass!

this is ah case of hush and let people like yuh

Més que un club.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 11:19:48 AM »
Donovan probably thought that the U.S. finishing ahead of Mexico in this qualifiers, and finishing better in the last W.C. (including beating them in the second round)..probably gave the U.S. the right ahead of Mexico. I could see where he's coming from, because he's young and his mind only stretches back to the recent past.......There was obviously more into their selection as a top seed than that.

Warner didn't have to call him stupid though...we were just complaining about Arena's diplomacy, and now we biggin' up Warner for callin' the boy stupid........did someone say hypocritical ?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 11:22:34 AM »
sorry but this iz too funny to pass

warner calling man stupid :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

ah couple days ago ah certain man was asking to have mexico in our group ;D

when yuh living in ah glass house.....................
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 11:26:38 AM »
look how many times d man say stupid
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2005, 11:29:25 AM »
mex get a seed because of their confederations cup performance.

however, i do believe that the US is the slightly superior team.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2005, 11:29:53 AM »
Jack gone mad  :rotfl: must be the headline titles in the sports sections in the US

Offline ballfever

• Jr. Warrior
  • Dream d'dream, live d'game!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2005, 11:31:06 AM »
sorry but this iz too funny to pass

warner calling man stupid :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

ah couple days ago ah certain man was asking to have mexico in our group ;D

when yuh living in ah glass house.....................

touche morvant! touche! :duel:
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
if yuh check mih heart in mih chest, mix up wit d'red blood, it have a black & white stripe somewhere in dey!.....long b4 foot ball,durin' world cup and after..T&T FOREVER! WE COUNTRY, WE SPIRIT,WE VIBES! WARRIOR NATION!

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2005, 11:33:09 AM »
 Â :rotfl: I woulda feel rel shame if i was Donavon....But he deserve it!! ....Mexico are the best in CONCACAF and FIFA still runs like a business according to some reports...Mexico will bring more viewers although America is larger...Mexico is the only team to beat Brazil in a competition in a long while...America scrape through to first place and they draw against Scotland while Mexico was pounding Uruguay 3-1....Mexico plays a better brand of football anyway...But I am glad Jack addressed him the way he did although everyone is entitled to his own opinion

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2005, 11:35:13 AM »
Mexico has been cosistently higher than the USA in FIFA rankings, even if its one or two places higher, US won the gold cup (regional tourney) but mexico made the semi final of the confed cup (world tourney) and all semi finalists of the confed cup were seeded anyways. When the points were tallied it was close anyways with the US 9th so Donovan cah argue.

I would ah love to see an video of Jack's outburst  ;D
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2005, 11:43:07 AM »
Wat donovan doh realise is that it's de US womens national team is the one that carries most of de weight for de US when it comes to calculating FIFA world rankings positions...not de US men's team.

I believe that the seeding for Germany 2K6 WC takes all that into consideration, since the seedings are only based on the men's team in the WC, and not so much on the overall country rankings.

Anyhows, big-up de Warriors
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2005, 11:44:39 AM »

andre~!! I looking for some of that high grade you smoking.
pick any big tream around the world and ask they coach who they would prefer to play (a la bruce arena) between US and Mexico, see who come out on top.
kinda like a coach's poll.

...but yeah, back to the topic at hand...who sellin that grade king?

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2005, 11:47:04 AM »

andre~!! I looking for some of that high grade you smoking.
pick any big tream around the world and ask they coach who they would prefer to play (a la bruce arena) between US and Mexico, see who come out on top.
kinda like a coach's poll.

...but yeah, back to the topic at hand...who sellin that grade king?

i must be living here too long man.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2005, 11:50:50 AM »
Good for Donovan.  European reject who come back home like fox and sour grapes when he cyar make he team.  So they does taunt the man on Fox Football Friday.  They does mince the man on that talk show.

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2005, 11:55:31 AM »
If this report is tru... den Warner made a mistake in how he phrased his statement... not the way the President of Concacaf should be talking.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2005, 11:59:15 AM »
First off...noone knows what Landon said and in what context....so we making assumptions on very little information. But at least landon is a young soccer player.....he can be excused for making the occasional gaffe. Jack is an experienced, high ranking official in FIFA, who responded with no diplomacy or class. He could have addressed the situation like a man befitting his position. And we laughing...he making TnT look bad....and we dissin Arena for lacking diplomacy

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2005, 12:17:30 PM »
daiz exactly why I ent say nuttin when Arena talk he talk, cuz the reality is he right.  If I was the coach of Iran, or Germany or anybody else in the world cup and could choose my group in the parameters of the rules, I bet most of the top seed s would want T&T in their group.  I think that is what Arena wanted to say.  Jus like in Concacaf, we have to choose an opponent from - cuba, jamaica, Barbados - we going with B'dos...I mean if this was a Bajan site and i say that the Bajans would get vex right?  and rightly so; even though it hurt me real bad to see USGalwarrior or whaterver gloat and ask what wrong with Arena comments (I wanted to hit she a f'kin kick in she head), I hatta accept that.  We last.  The betting odds we last - 1-750 odds - Brazil 2-7 last time I check.
but dat doh mean nutting doh, cuz we still competitive.  Is like yuh neighbor you grow up fightin with, you winning some and he winning some, adn all of a sudden he start real lifting weights and get bigger than you, and allyuh go to a party and he start dissin you in front of everybody - Of course you go rush he mudder so and so; the probability is you go get yuh ass cut, but it still have some probability you go win....even increased by the fact that that fool stir some anger in you.
anyway, I gone astray there, point is, yeah DOnavan wrong, US ent want nothing with Mexico, and is Jack Job to call out anybody who not for the progress of the region as a whole as a hater...I do hope however that "stupid" was just a loose transwlation.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2005, 12:26:05 PM »
:rotfl: If Donovan was right dey, Jack mighta clout him!

Clout?...yuh mean pimp slap him!  :rotfl:
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2005, 12:38:43 PM »
Jack make meh lil shame with that outburst. Dat could lead to a loss wuk.
Buh say wha
We Trini
WE WRONG AND STRONG!!!

Donovan is a jack@$$
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2005, 12:46:15 PM »
buh a a...de man have talkin h'impedement so he muss say stupid/chupid so many times.....plus Jack probably had a few :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: in he system :-X

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2005, 12:52:35 PM »
Jack make meh lil shame with that outburst. Dat could lead to a loss wuk.
Buh say wha
We Trini
WE WRONG AND STRONG!!!

Donovan is a jack@$$

Oh please, like Jack Warner go lose he job offa dah.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2005, 01:09:59 PM »
kicker, why do you think everyone on this board thinks the same thing all of the time? please point out who is 'bigging up' mr warner that knocked arena?
Hart for president

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2005, 01:18:33 PM »
I
biggin up warner and dissin Arena
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2005, 01:30:02 PM »
kicker, why do you think everyone on this board thinks the same thing all of the time? please point out who is 'bigging up' mr warner that knocked arena?

My bad......didn't mean to generalize (notice I use the word "we" which implies that I include myself in the general sentiment of the forum, even in cases where my opinion deviates from the norm), but you know the point I'm trying to make. The bulk of the responses to this article are trying to justify why Mexico should be seeded over the U.S............whereas in the "Arena" article, the bulk of responses were focussed on attacking the "diplomacy" of the American coach.......whereas in both cases we have a lack of verbal discretion on the part of someone who should know better.

I can't go into specifics of who wrote what because I don't have the time, and I don't really care to call people out. Everyone is responsible for their own individual posts....... and of course generalization will have it's flaws because not "everyone" is hailing Mr. Warner's comments......but go back and look at the other thread.......and compare the responses..and if you can't see the clear double-standard coming out the posts, then I'm wasting my time even responding to you.

Maybe the question you should really ask is "Where are all the people that knocked Arena's lack of verbal discretion ?, and why are they not knocking Mr Warner now ?".....think about that.

But you're correct, although the forum is one body, it is comprised of individuals....and the general sentiment of the forum could sway in different directions depending on the individuals that respond to a thread.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 01:36:04 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

1]; } ?>