April 27, 2024, 07:43:01 AM

Author Topic: Real cheap accomodation  (Read 10307 times)

Offline lizzard1910

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Real cheap accomodation
« on: December 09, 2005, 04:29:42 PM »
Here's the deal: You buy an Interrail ticket for 1 zone. You pay 195 EUR when you are 26 or younger or EUR 285 when you older. You can travel throughout whole  Germany with this ticket. And for the nights, you pick a train from Frankfurt to Hamburg (or where ever you want), sleep in de train, take the train back, sleep again and spend the day where ever you want. For three or four weeks that's kind of tough, but for some days it works - I tried it in my younger years  ;D
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 03:04:44 PM by Tallman »

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
Re: REAL CHEAP ACCOMMODATION
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 04:31:13 PM »
Here's the deal: You buy an Interrail ticket for 1 zone. You pay 195 EUR when you are 26 or younger or EUR 285 when you older. You can travel throughout whole  Germany with this ticket. And for the nights, you pick a train from Frankfurt to Hamburg (or where ever you want), sleep in de train, take the train back, sleep again and spend the day where ever you want. For three or four weeks that's kind of tough, but for some days it works - I tried it in my younger years  ;D

did you say "sleep in the train" ??? you ah real soldier boy ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 04:32:22 PM »
Ah despearate for a cheap hotel but no that desperate nah.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline lizzard1910

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 04:37:46 PM »
Ah despearate for a cheap hotel but no that desperate nah.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

If you pick the right train, you have a compartment with three beds without surcharge. Not too bad, but no showers - in some train stations they offer public (clean) showers though...

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 04:46:11 PM »

If you pick the right train, you have a compartment with three beds without surcharge. Not too bad, but no showers - in some train stations they offer public (clean) showers though...

but are dey safe

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 04:47:24 PM »
Ah still trying tuh clear some things fuh meh trip, but if dat is ah option, padnah ah go take it on de tv home. "SLEEP ON DE TRAIN", yuh mus be mad ah war.  ::)
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline lizzard1910

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 04:49:04 PM »

but are dey safe

de trains or de showers? ::)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 04:55:08 PM »
but are dey safe

You ever see Euro Trip.

Yuh have to watch out for them dark tunnels and the macomere men.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 04:56:51 PM »

but are dey safe

showers...ah ent want no man watching meh bamsee >:(

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 04:57:08 PM »
but are dey safe

You ever see Euro Trip.

If a Italian man start bawlin scuzzi, scuzzi jump off dat train one time!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 04:58:36 PM »
but are dey safe

You ever see Euro Trip.

what da mean?

Offline lizzard1910

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2005, 05:02:56 PM »
but are dey safe

You ever see Euro Trip.

If its Italian women stay inside!

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2005, 05:05:36 PM »

but are dey safe

showers...ah ent want no man watching meh bamsee >:(

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2005, 07:21:04 PM »
you on my page lizard...so how long does this interRail ticket last?  and what does the 1 zone mean?
also, what is the deal on like campground sites and pitching a tent.  Any of that stuff goes on in Germany in the summer.  How cold does it get on summerr nights?

Offline cunninlynguist

• Alpine Rocker
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2005, 02:33:17 AM »
I'm from germany, and the idea of sleeping on trains is not a bad one. It is PERFECTLY safe and Euro Trip the movie is a VERY biased view of europeans from an AMERICAN perspective... If europeans made a biased movie about americans, we would portray the majority as mentally retarded...

YES, italians are horny little bastards, but you must only fear them if u are a woman!  :rotfl:

as far as camping, that should NOT be a problem, as it reaches from anywhere between 20 and 30 degrees celcius in the months of June and July, but of course, you COULD have bad luck and get rained on.

But make sure you are in legal camping areas, and DO NOT pitch a tent in a city park or unmarked areas, you WILL be told to move! Legal camoing sites should not be problematic to find

P.S.: I am trading/selling tickets for Paraguay vs. Trinidad & Tobago on June 20, 2006 in Kaiserslautern, check out my thread: http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=9046.0
P.S.: I'm trading tickets to Match 36: Paraguay vs. T&Tob. on June 20, 2006 in Kaiserslautern, check my thread: http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=9053.msg78392#msg78392

Will Trade directly with:
any German, Brazilian, Italian games
OR
SWE vs. ENG
ARG vs NL
FRA vs Switz.

Offline lizzard1910

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2005, 08:15:53 AM »
you on my page lizard...so how long does this interRail ticket last?  and what does the 1 zone mean?
also, what is the deal on like campground sites and pitching a tent.  Any of that stuff goes on in Germany in the summer.  How cold does it get on summerr nights?

one zone ticket last 16 days. germany, switzerland, austria and denmark are one zone,e.g.
sweden, norway and finland would be another one.

camping should be taken into consideration for sure! usually good equipped and by far cheaper than any hotel. no problem with the temperatures. rain fall is not as bad as in TT for the wet season, that's for sure  ;)

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2005, 12:59:21 PM »
thank you guys very much for the info.  Sounds like I'm on my way to the experience of a lifetime!!!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2005, 01:14:31 PM »
I might be on that train vibe if only for the unlimited travel options but I ent know if I ready for 15 nights on a train.

Plus what is the scene when man gone party? How do you stow your gear when yuh not on the train?

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2005, 01:38:01 PM »
Now alyuh have me reconsidering going the way of the charters!

I was thining about paying that 5,000 US and just going to the tournament, but it seems as if i can get it for way cheaper if i am willing to put my self through a few headache sessions!

this is getting very interesting.  But the catch is acquiring tickets!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2005, 01:53:20 PM »
I might be on that train vibe if only for the unlimited travel options but I ent know if I ready for 15 nights on a train.

Plus what is the scene when man gone party? How do you stow your gear when yuh not on the train?

It probably have lockers for rent at the train stations.

The bathing part I eh too sure about and might be the only complication.

Maybe the camping sites would have good facilities for that??

I could see it now....Trinis marking out dey turf in the camping ground and we moving likey gypsies from Dortmund to Nuremberg and back to Kaiserslautern for the first round.   ;D
Nuff pot of peleau bubbling.
I wonder if they go let we use LPG tank to cook   :devil:

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2005, 01:57:28 PM »
sombody rent ah blasted maxi and we go sleep in that :(
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2005, 02:06:54 PM »
Ahahahahahahaha @ Morvantman
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2005, 02:18:02 PM »

I was thining about paying that 5,000 US and just going to the tournament, but it seems as if i can get it for way cheaper if i am willing to put my self through a few headache sessions!

this is getting very interesting.  But the catch is acquiring tickets!

My situation is different. I got my tickets back in April on the deadline day for the TSTs. Also I know plenty Germans who I used to live with a couple years back. Ideally all I need is a plane ticket and visa but there is plenty uncertainty.

I just don't know if all the "yuh must come and visit" talk will hold up come next summer.

Also if I make that move it is unlikely that I could link up with the Warrior Nation (just trying it out).

Then there is the issue of my wife who has no tickets and wants to jump on the wagon now (after I ask her TWICE if she wanted to buy TSTs).

On top of that I looking to start a wuk next June and I don't know how that will affect my ability to travel in and out of the US.

Right now I don't know what to do but come the turn of the year I will have a better idea hopefully.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2005, 02:22:40 PM »
allyuh ketching kicks

this is getting very interesting. But the catch is acquiring tickets!

only rich people does drop it like that, that...Europe is all about back packing and I dunno where the next bed will be or the next meal is...and think about how much beer you could buy with all the money you save.

I could see it now....Trinis marking out dey turf in the camping ground and we moving likey gypsies from Dortmund to Nuremberg and back to Kaiserslautern for the first round. ;D
I wonder if they go let we use LPG tank to cook :devil:

that is the exact vision I have...so far the man say 200 euro and you could ride the train everywhere; camp grounds - at most 30 euro and you have showers and a place to sleep at night.

now as you say andre samuel, the only real problem is getting tickets for the games (and I done fed up talk about how worried I am about that), otherwise I ready to go.

jdb, lemme give you some advice, keep yuh martriage safe and a job for the future...think about the future of your family...
jus sell me them tickets.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 03:52:20 PM by Tallman »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2005, 03:36:20 PM »
since you german guys are here, I'm curious to find out about a player of ours that seems to have gotten lost in the 4th division in germany.  his name is evans wise and he plays for Waldhof Mannheim.  I don't read german so I was wondering if either of you guys could check out the site and translate what they are saynig about him on his club page.

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2005, 05:10:25 PM »

ent.....   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2005, 05:22:29 PM »

I could see it now....Trinis marking out dey turf in the camping ground and we moving likey gypsies from Dortmund to Nuremberg and back to Kaiserslautern for the first round.   ;D
I wonder if they go let we use LPG tank to cook   :devil:

PELAU boy I working studying and saving I was more thinking about CRIX.

The train idea wasn't sounding too bad until some men started to scare me. :(

Offline firebun

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2005, 05:26:29 PM »

:rotfl:  :rotfl:breds, you killing me wid laughter here!
but not a bad idea! my only problem is that ah want to be smelling fresh all de time>

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2005, 05:45:43 PM »

I find out a lil more about the camping.

People do it for Oktoberfest.  (beer drinking celebration in Germany....supposedly is not just about  :beermug:   :rotfl:)

You reserve your camping spot ahead of time.
I not sure about the other facilities it have but I will find out more from the person who went.

From what I hear I thought the sleeping compartments on the trains were reasonably comfortable but I eh know bout 15 days straight.
If yuh moving in numbers that tunnel talk eh go apply.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2005, 09:16:44 PM »
"sleep on de train"

dais wha some ah dem vagrant is do here in de ATL and in miami.

not me dread. i paying for at least a 3 star hotel.

1]; } ?>