March 28, 2024, 11:28:16 PM

Author Topic: The Impacts of Playing England and our players  (Read 5521 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
The Impacts of Playing England and our players
« on: December 09, 2005, 04:19:02 PM »
Forumites,

I find all the groups were decent except Group C with Holland and Argentina. Costa Rica and Mexico have a nice group and USA looking like they go be under pressure.

Now this England game going and cause some trouble and may affect our players in the future.

Personally I have a good few English cousins who I go hadda battle with but small thing

Anyways how do you think the English managers would feel about our players knowing we are their opponents?
Do you think closer to the WC our players could get benched and the targets of abuse?

What do you think Christopher and the rest of the Birchall family must be feeling?............confusing times indeed.

Our players constantly get ridiculed by their managers and fellow players, this situation will not help.

Also remember the Korean player who lorse he wuk in Italy after he poison them.....When we poison them I hope our players could still carry out they business in peace and safety.

If is one thing doe.........Birchall and Whitley will be matched up against Lampard and Gerrard. Tallest and Dog hadda rest the hurt on Owen and Rooney and Carlos go hadda watch Ronaldinho lil bit to learn how to tun up Ashley cole.

I have meh fears about Sweden too but I feel we making second rounds.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: The Impacts of Playing England and our players
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 04:28:12 PM »
YEA TOUCHES GLAD AND SAD TO KNOW YOU ALWAYS ARE THE FIRST TO THINK OF THE MOST SIFNIFICANT FACTOR IN A PROGRESSING SITUATION... and jah is a worrying one now  :thinking:

So we go hadda send de whole Nation a lifetime supply of charmen two ply for the life time of bawlin
R.I.P. National English Football June 15th, 2006, death to be in battle "Nurenburg"   :salute:
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 04:54:57 PM »
doh worry touches, after we poison England real man go geh wuk in Scotland and Spain and France and ting. But yeah ah remember how Italy ninja the Korean boy...totally classless shyte.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 04:58:10 PM »
The English do not really see us as competition.

Birchall's family will be ecstatic because they will have all of England watching there boy.

For them getting drawn against ENgland is like a small club player from Merseyside getting drawn against Liverpool or Everton it is a dream.

Also Managers in England manage players from all over the world without problem (except for Alpay at Villa but there were extenuating circumstances), I don't think that we will have to worry.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 05:01:57 PM »
The English do not really see us as competition.

Birchall's family will be ecstatic because they will have all of England watching there boy.

For them getting drawn against ENgland is like a small club player from Merseyside getting drawn against Liverpool or Everton it is a dream.

Also Managers in England manage players from all over the world without problem (except for Alpay at Villa but there were extenuating circumstances), I don't think that we will have to worry.

god to know

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 05:04:11 PM »
ITS GOING TO BE A GOOD GAME  NO MATTER WAT

right no we on the 1000-1 odss of winning it so i planning to gamble big

english coaches hopefully wont be to biased in their actions but football is football so we go wait an see

ranger go draw juve in champ league an we go see andrwes vs zlatan then we go make dat judgement
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 05:09:11 PM »
Sven delighted to steer clear of Dutch and Aussies

December 9, 2005
LEIPZIG, Germany (AFP) - Sven-Goran Eriksson breathed a huge sigh of relief after the World Cup draw handed England a relatively easy first round group and spared his squad the prospect of facing either the Netherlands or traditional sporting adversaries Australia.

"It is not an easy group but it could have been much worse," England's Swedish coach said after his squad were drawn in a group with Paraguay, Trinidad and Tobago and Eriksson's native country, Sweden.

"We asked to avoid Holland and Australia and we did that," Eriksson told the BBC.

"Of course we have to play Sweden, whom we have not beaten for a very long time -- that seems to be our destiny. But that is life, sooner or later we have to beat them.

"At least on paper we are the favourites with Sweden but you never know in the World Cup."

The draw means England, presuming they finish in the top two in their group, are likely to face either Germany or Poland in the second round.

Eriksson was confident England could win the group and avoid a last-16 clash with Germany.

"I think Germany will win their group, I think they are in an easy group for the host nation," he said. "For sure it is better to play Poland than Germany in the second round."

The draw means it is possible England could face Brazil in the final but Eriksson did not want to speculate on that sort of outcome.

"I would take that at once to play Brazil in the final but the way is long and it is not right to talk about the final. Now we have to prepare for our group matches.

"We have difficult games but I am happy with the group. It could have been worse, much worse."

One of Eriksson's predecessors, Graham Taylor, hailed the draw as the best England could possibly have hoped for.

"On paper you can't ask for much better than that," he said. "The England players will come out and say all the same things about every game being a hard one but if we look at it realistically we could not have asked for better."

The clash with Trinidad and Tobago will see Eriksson's men face a squad in which nearly half the players currently earn their living in England, mostly outside the Premiership.

Trinidad and Tobago defender Dennis Lawrence, who plays for League Two side Wrexham (the fourth tier of English football), voiced his delight at the draw.

"I can imagine how the fans are feeling because I am so excited about it myself," he said. "It was brilliant looking at our name come out in the same group as England."

Port Vale midfielder Chris Birchall, another Trinidad and Tobago star, claimed the prospect of playing England in the World Cup finals was like "living a dream".

He said: "People were saying 'It's fate, you're going to get England'. When it happened I was just running around, cheering in the bar. It hasn't sunk in.

"I will be lining up against players who I have been watching week in, week out in the Premiership.

"I don't think anyone knew about us before... but we have caused a few upsets. People are taking us seriously."

Pretty much de article says Erikksson think of us as lightweights at the moment, all he knows is that a lot of our players play in England.
I don't think this will have a negative effect on our players physically, ah mean in the teams where our players are in - Port Vale, Wrexham, Luton Town, Southampton... none of their teammates will be in the England squad, and if anything, will support de Warriors. Maybe ah being too naive, ah dunno.
Ah think this might be a growing issue as time passes....too early to tell. We have to keep up to date wit our UK-based players to see if they getting playing time and de coaches treating dem right.  

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 05:16:35 PM »
Licks for England, we going to the 2nd round.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 05:21:43 PM »

yeah...but we need Jlloyd and Zamora and co. Ah go start a campaign to get dem on we team
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 05:24:35 PM »
Horse seriously
I never knew a draw could have me so excited nah
I feelin like Birchall, I gonna run around d bar tonight!!!
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 05:30:08 PM »

yeah...but we need Jlloyd and Zamora and co. Ah go start a campaign to get dem on we team

dat will be so embarrassing to english  if they loose to a team wit ah set ah lower divison players
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2005, 05:34:31 PM »

WE DIFINITELY EH NEED ZaMORA

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2005, 05:39:09 PM »
i agree wit spalks man jlloyd if he cud make it but zamora cud stay so

but doh let we mash up a thread wit da zamora talk
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2005, 05:40:53 PM »
this group very exciting for us...our players who based in england have extra incentive (altho dont think much needed) to step up to england and give dem some pressure and maybe go down in history for a great upset!!!! ;D
Back in Trini...

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2005, 05:45:09 PM »
the draw nice we go vibes it up again and beckham will forget yorke not on he side and make a sweet cross for him and yorke will score a beautiful header just like old times. HEY I COULD DREAM TOO :rotfl:

Offline real-warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2005, 05:52:21 PM »
T&T vs. England?? dat shud be a good game. I would like to see yorke on the same pitch wit beckham :)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2005, 05:56:03 PM »

Trinidad and Tobago (51)

Coach: Leo Beenhakker.

Key player: Dwight Yorke, Russell Latapy.

World Cup record and best finish: First appearance.

Last appearance: First appearance.

World Cup odds: 750-1.

How qualified: Beat Bahrain in playoff.

Scoop: Short on players with major experience, anything other than three straight defeats will be a surprise.

OCEANIA

Australia (49)

Coach: Guus Hiddink.

Key players: Mark Viduka, Harry Kewell.

World Cup record and best finish: Second appearance; first round (1974).

Last appearance: First round 1974.

World Cup odds: 125-1.

How qualified: Beat Uruguay in playoff.

Scoop: Hiddink led the Netherlands to the semifinals in 1998 and South Korea to the last four in 2002. Taking the Aussies as far would be a minor miracle.

Source: USA Today

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Goalkeeper against England
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2005, 06:02:42 PM »
Well we will need a goalkeeper who knows the english players,one who played against them on numerous occasions.My pick will have to be HISLOP he got more experience against players like owen, lampard and rooney
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 06:41:09 PM by Tallman »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: GOALKEEPER AGAINST ENGLAND
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2005, 06:05:35 PM »
If it come down to everybody workin hard, no attitude and setta dotishness, and de only separator is ability, Imps would be #1.  But he eh name Imps fuh nutting.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2005, 08:29:56 PM »
Touches...I doh think it will be a problem. Club coaches are too focused on their club results to bench their best players no matter what country they are from. They have their own personal agendas. Especially in the lower divisions where dey eh have too much depth and resources to be restin' men who in form. Besides, they do not consider us any real threat. The South Korean instance was rare. Remember when Trezeguet rest it on Italy in the final of Euro 2000. Wha happen? Juventus buy him one time. Football is a business...and results is the currency. Look Sven hadda coach England against his native Sweden. He eh losing no sleep if England lash dem. Same with Birchie...he go feel a lil something for he pops...but de man name eh 'me mum' for nuttin'

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2005, 08:35:24 PM »
Touches...I doh think it will be a problem. Club coaches are too focused on their club results to bench their best players no matter what country they are from. They have their own personal agendas. Especially in the lower divisions where dey eh have too much depth and resources to be restin' men who in form. Besides, they do not consider us any real threat. The South Korean instance was rare. Remember when Trezeguet rest it on Italy in the final of Euro 2000. Wha happen? Juventus buy him one time. Football is a business...and results is the currency. Look Sven hadda coach England against his native Sweden. He eh losing no sleep if England lash dem. Same with Birchie...he go feel a lil something for he pops...but de man name eh 'me mum' for nuttin'

rahhhhhhhhhh

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Goalkeeper against England
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2005, 08:41:48 PM »
Well we will need a goalkeeper who knows the english players,one who played against them on numerous occasions.My pick will have to be HISLOP he got more experience against players like owen, lampard and rooney

Hislop sound right for de job but ah de end of the day the goalie who gettin more time on de field is the one to pick, in dis case is Jack. It eh matter that he doh play in England, when men belting ball towards the net is pretty much de same style all over de world.

Offline Milan!!!

• Naps man fuh life!!!
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2005, 08:43:36 PM »
dem fellas who plying trade in england cyah be more happy than we drawign with England..man stocks increasing as we speak yeh..imagine after the world cup if we put on a good show against England...

I looking forward for a realllll good game yeh

TrinInfinite

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2005, 08:50:09 PM »
i posted dis already, touches juss have a diff name, y was my post removed?

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2005, 08:52:48 PM »
what does it matter once the point is put across?       wait... the one about policts will affect TNT players?

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2005, 09:17:52 PM »
I was on about 5 football webpages and all have us down for some good licks >:(
Lets prove then wrong and at least make second round.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2005, 09:28:56 PM »
I was on about 5 football webpages and all have us down for some good licks >:(
Lets prove then wrong and at least make second round.

Everybody have we down for good licks. All the odds are against T&T - ppl eh expecting much from us. I juss keeping it real here. Let we just ignore the haters and big up we team.
Dat's why I apprecite de Scottish and Vale fans on this forum. Even before we draw with England they backing we and we players on their club teams.  :beermug:

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2005, 09:31:48 PM »
if we cud cum outa dere wit sum players gettin wuk den we did alot

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2005, 09:31:58 PM »
i remember for a while durin d bahrain fellahz talkin shit on d site an all da an fellahz was worried we had a slogan "REVENGE IS A BITCH" i think it applies to this situation more than ever

Offline kevinAckin

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2005, 11:17:36 AM »
and Carlos go hadda watch Ronaldinho lil bit to learn how to tun up Ashley cole.

u mean carlos go hadda watch Cristiano Ronaldo cuz he come like Cole daddy. Cole come like he bitch.

1]; } ?>