April 29, 2024, 12:07:26 AM

Author Topic: Birchall- "I'm Living the Dream Now" ;Jack Warner comments on Draw  (Read 1453 times)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I'm living the dream

Chris Birchall on draw

Saturday, December 10th 2005

CHRIS Birchall declared he was "living the dream" after Trinidad & Tobago were drawn in Group B with England in next summer's World Cup Finals.

The Port Vale midfielder helped the Caribbean country clinch a place in Germany and admits he can't wait for the clash with Sven Goran Eriksson's side in Nuremburg on June 15th.

Birchall-who qualifies for his adopted country through his mother-was plucked from obscurity earlier this year when he was handed an unexpected international call-up.

And he said: "It is just the best possible draw. When the slip came out with Trinidad's name on my mates said I am living the dream and I am.

"For the first ten seconds I was running around the bar but it hasn't really sunk in yet. I will be lining up against the players I watch week in and week out in the Premiership."

And Birchall warned England they could be in for shock if they underestimate their Group B opponents.

He added: "It's the best possible group for us. No one knew anything about us before the draw for the qualifying group but we caused a few upsets and we beat Mexico when they put out a full strength side.

"We'll just go there to enjoy it and there will be no pressure on us."

(Taken from the Trinidad Express- ah tell allyuh it had a way to do it  ;) )
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 10:13:26 PM by Toppa »
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Birchall- "I'm Living the Dream Now" ;Jack Warner comments on Draw
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 10:13:48 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago special adviser Jack Warner is "extremely pleased" with the World Cup draw, which will pit T&T against England, Sweden and Paraguay in Group B.

"I am extremely pleased with the kind of draw that I have," Warner said in an interview with TV6 following the draw in Leipzig, Germany yesterday. "It's the kind of draw I predicted, I said we'd have England, and we have England, and I feel that we have a very good chance of heading to the second round, therefore I am extremely happy."

"Up to this afternoon I was telling everybody that we shall be in the group with England and then (go on) to win that group. Everybody said I was a soothsayer, and I was of course able to predict quite well."

"I did predict that we would qualify and we did," Warner added, "...I predict now that we will be in the second round, and we will be."

The FIFA vice-president also related that coach Leo Beenhakker is also very pleased about the draw, especially with so many "Soca Warriors" based at clubs in England.

"He (Beenhakker) is extremely pleased. In fact, he has asked me to try and get a game against one of the English countries for him at the earliest. He is now doing some interview with the German television and radio, he is happy because 17 of the 21 players are playing in England.

"They know the English style, the English system, and therefore as far as he is concerned, it is a plus for us. So Leo is extremely pleased. And Paraguay we have beaten already, and they are not the best team in South America anyway, and then we also know that England has not been able to beat Sweden.

"...We have seen them play, we know their players, we know their system, and it is a plus for us."

Warner is also boasting a good showing for T&T against the Europeans.

"The England supporters were saying poor England. They weren't saying poor Trinidad and Tobago, they were saying poor England. Whether they were being facetious or not, it was a good sign for us.

The Swede (official) is (FIFA's) Lennard Johansson, and Johansson shook my hand, and he said of course Jack we will now see on the field of play who is the better team. And I said to him "Johansson, I have beaten you in debates in FIFA, and I will beat you on the field of play..." Warner quipped.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 10:18:43 PM »
my pores raise wen i think about how birchall mus feel..he cud have never imagined that he wud be playing in the world cup against the country he born in..he loving every minute of it
Back in Trini...

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 10:20:04 PM »
my pores raise wen i think about how birchall mus feel..he cud have never imagined that he wud be playing in the world cup against the country he born in..he loving every minute of it

Ent dreads! Is really ah "fairy-tale story" fuh him in truth. lol
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 10:49:59 PM »
If I was Birchall I would call up J Lloyd and Zamora and leave them a voicemail  "nah nee nah nee boo boo!!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 10:56:02 PM »
If I was Birchall I would call up J Lloyd and Zamora and leave them a voicemail  "nah nee nah nee boo boo!!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Aye, allyuh good oui. BUh why people doh like Jloyd so? Ah could understand Zamora buh wuz de back-story with Jloyd?
www.westindiantube.com

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 11:01:18 PM »

It would be GREAT if he scored first
against England. TOP RIGHT CORNER

BOy he go have to sell movie rites to that story!!!! jeez an ages
Back in Trini...

1]; } ?>