April 29, 2024, 01:22:06 AM

Author Topic: Zamora could he be the extra "umph"upfront?  (Read 7987 times)

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
Re: Zamora could he be the extra "umph"upfront?
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2005, 04:12:43 PM »
but saga pinto, are you suggesting changing the formation (i.e. something other than 4-5-1) or replace stern with zamora? neither option looking good to me.

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
what allyuh think of zamora's form lately? score 2 in 2 games to date.
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2005, 09:21:38 PM »
good runner off the ball also makes good use of his chances.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: what allyuh think of zamora's form lately? score 2 in 2 games to date.
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2005, 09:30:04 PM »
like he hoping to book he place on we side for next year

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2005, 09:32:24 PM »
and he better than Stern, yet as of now Jones is still my starter, probably with Scotland, and Stern comin on to score a couple in the last 20...Zamora, if approved, can definately have a role - wheter major or minor, that's BeenE call....as everything should be...buh ah know one day he go give meh ah call, to ask meh "Wha U think I should do ?"..
ah ready for dah one, he nah go ketch meh like he tie up Ato.. :rotfl:

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2005, 09:39:33 PM »
The only reason I would want him on the side is to give Stern direct competition to make him really fight for his spot on the team. I still think Stern is not playing up to par but it is getting away with it because there really is noone else.

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2005, 01:32:44 AM »
Zamora probably not starting... lucky if he make the side... this side like jello that harden aready... tough to add new jello mix to that..  :chilling:

I disagree. I think there will be a few new faces in de squad come WC time.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2005, 02:40:51 AM »
The main issue is the level of Zamora's committment if he is selected. That is the uncertainty. The man is scoring regularly for West Ham, nice goals too...dere is no question about the skill but if he will use it for us with no holdin back that is the main issue...

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline chocolatbwoy

• New Warrior
  • Big up all UK Trini's
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2005, 04:35:30 AM »
I think we should add Zamora to the sqaud at least let him have a chance to prove his commitment in the friendly games we will have before Germany.
Also he has what it takes to worry English defenders, I watch him week in and out being a West Ham supporter and he in my opinion is underated.  He is fast,strong,skillful and very commited when playing for West Ham.  Remember we only got through by the odd goal against BAHRAIN!!!!! so any additional fire power is welcome.

SOCA WARRIORS COMING 2006

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2005, 07:55:20 AM »
Alyuh real good oui,

Alyuh judge the man and done say he ent good but yuh never see him train or play with the TT squad.

We fwd line thin and any extra addition is a bonus. Its options we want.....options and if he useful Beenie will make the correct call

Alyuh be real........if we play 4-5-1 and yuh Main Striker is Stern yuh feel they have any way in Hell......Half Slab taking down a ball and turning on John Terry or Sol Campbell.

Steuppssssss.

Or Mellberg.

Far less running pass them and cracking a shot.

Alyuh like dotishness yes.

Glenn, Kenywne and Sealy good for Concacaf but they ent reach that level yet.

Zamora is a EPL player and he is proven in the lower divisions where our players still struggling.

It is because he was a big striker at Brighton he move up to Spurs.

ALyuh we side weak and we need additions...we need Jlloyd for sure to deal with Freddy LLungberg,  Sean wright phillips and Ashley cole. and he will at least be able to put in a decent cross.....that is something nobody on the TT side can do.........alyuh tell me I lie there.

The only cross that result in a goal was Eve to Glenn in Gold Cup and both of them cyar make the side now for various reasons.

Kenwyne still green, Scott ent have the experience and not getting the chance, and Half slab for me not cuttin it.

Scotland is my choice for striker if we keeping the current batch, he and Kenwyne up front.

Only other option we have is to get a good midfielder and put back Dwight Yorke to strike....but then who go run the middle for we and calm things down.

bring Zamora, bring JJloyd and bring whoever else could play ball......we need help.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 08:07:08 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2005, 08:11:36 AM »
he cant just come into the side and just get in so..

and not with the chemistry we team have right now..

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2005, 08:27:18 AM »
time and time again all men prove to me how much allyuh know bout football

first and foremost a wise man once said

"you could only play against your opponents"  i.e. you cannot play against englang and bahrain at the same time

when you see a performance against bahrain and its poor thats not all you would use to know a result against england. all these men who provide these professional opinions never played in their lives

when we play against england the whole mindset would be different, the game setting would be different, it would be another type of pressure, and we would have more preperation

lets all open our eyes and see the reason we won the mexico game was mainly because our team was together for a longer period of time and the rhytm was there unlike most of our 3 day stints

another thing i dont think you could look at a man in the mls and judge how he would do in the epl or scottish premier etc... the fact is we dont know how sealy or glen would do. just look at yorke when he was on his was out of the epl he was looking rusty now he is in australia in full force again(and yes i knoe its a different level but he as a player changed alot)

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2005, 09:14:08 AM »
i dont think you could look at a man in the mls and judge how he would do in the epl or scottish premier etc... the fact is we dont know how sealy or glen would do. just look at yorke when he was on his was out of the epl he was looking rusty now he is in australia in full force again(and yes i knoe its a different level but he as a player changed alot)

Morvantman yuh playing dotish or wha

You comparing EPL to league that now launch with players who now start to play pro ball.

Next thing yuh trying to compare England to Bahrain.....steupsssss.

Alright lemme try and break it down in a way for yuh to understand where I coming from.

Yuh is the best ting in primary school and yuh now reach form 1. The coach put yuh in the under 14 side as a fwd and yuh ent score no goal, yuh get bounce orf the ball and yuh ent play good.

yuh think if he put yuh in the first eleven side yuh go play any better or cause damage?

Also yes you can judge a player in one league to the next........There has only been a few players to move from the MLS to EPL and do well one was Mcbride, but he gets no playing time now, Bocanegra who still sweating for Fulham and Howard who has been found out and doe see no action. Reyna not really lighting up EPL now is he. Lewwe look at a different league....How come convey who was the best ting is MLS cyar really see he way in Reading, or Donovan the saviour of US football was too shitty to cut it in germany couldnt make the squad and had to come home. Only Beasely doing well for heself.

when we play against england the whole mindset would be different, the game setting would be different, it would be another type of pressure, and we would have more preperation

Yes I agree it go be worse..........because we cannot take pressure. We does fold up like a patraj roti. You coulda see it in the first game vs Bahrain.

I maintaining that player for player we not able to compete with these teams right now, until we play a big team and play well and consistently only then will I change my stance. In retrospect we ent have that much time as we only have 4 friendly games to get it right and the short cut method to fix the team is to bring in better players.

If yuh cannot see that JJloyd is quality and better than what we have in the back or on the left side....or that Zamora is competent and capable of handling players then we go agree to disagree.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

truetrini

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2005, 09:21:08 AM »
zamora is ah good baller..he getting he chance and he scoring..I taking he over Hardest anyday

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2005, 09:26:28 AM »
i have no dout that jlloyd is better but what i'm saying is if we could play 100% and not fold up like ah hot-shoppe. we could indeed get a positive result

and notice i said positive result not a win

but my point about playing in different leagues stands because stern did it and men from mexico

also say that they cant play in the epl yet they were  world class caliber

but ah see what yuh saying touches we go agree to disagree
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2005, 09:29:56 AM »
How come convey who was the best ting is MLS cyar really see he way in Reading

Touches i will have to diagree with you there convey had broken into reading first team this season he started in  22  games and scored 3 goals

you does talk some shit you people believe in this hardest  any aye the national team is not for rehab yuh know.his ass will just walk away agian i put meh money on that

and i am waiting for that full interview trininfinite i give yuh until monday morning
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 04:45:09 PM by Tallman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2005, 05:30:40 PM »
zamora is ah good baller..he getting he chance and he scoring..I taking he over Hardest anyday

Agree totally we must see the sense in picking ah man who playing an performing with the best no disrespect to hardest but other than trini ball where else he play and chances are if he make the team he may get a rude awakening when coming up against calibur players from sweden and england,look here people we could debate this all year round but the coach and his staff will decide who plays and who does'nt.beenie has shown he has an eye for talent and I'm sure if jack gets the okay from fifa you'll see the likes of jlloyd, zamora and maybe others,remember professionalism breeds chemistry.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2005, 05:47:18 PM »

agreed...but you have offered no explanation as to how each of the first 3 will be different and how you are certain each would actually improve our situation. as for preparation..we will have had less than England, so this is not necessarily an advantage.

lets all open our eyes and see the reason we won the mexico game was mainly because our team was together for a longer period of time and the rhytm was there unlike most of our 3 day stints

you really want to be objective? then you must admit that one of the reasons why we beat Mexico was that they played a B team and did not need a result. another reason was that we played at home. none of these will be the case in Germany. but I also agree that the more time the team spends to together...the better they play

another thing i dont think you could look at a man in the mls and judge how he would do in the epl or scottish premier etc... the fact is we dont know how sealy or glen would do. just look at yorke when he was on his was out of the epl he was looking rusty now he is in australia in full force again(and yes i knoe its a different level but he as a player changed alot)

of course you can judeg...you cannot KNOW for sure, but it is reasonable to think that an MLS player will find it tougher in the Premiership. No MLS player has moved to the Premiership and actually looked a relatively better player. McBride is the closest..he has dome well..but he is not a marquee player like he was in the MLS. That Yorke example is rubbish...I doh ahve to tell you why.

Morvantman...I hear what you trying to say...and we all believe it to some extent. That is why we all have hope we can do well in the WC (some more than others). But these things you talk about are only  a part of the story. The other portion of our opinion is always based in the reality of our actual performances and results which you choose to ignore. I doubt you would do the same if we switched TnT for Jamaica. If JA finished 4th in the hex...scraped past Bahrain...we would be predicting all  now that they colleckin' real pipe from England. Any JA fan making the arguments you making would be laughed off the site

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2005, 06:01:22 PM »
we have enough young and talented aswell as elder and exprienced ones we'll be fine without da shithound
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2005, 06:13:08 PM »
Look fellas, all I know is
1. England, Sweden, and Paraguay are our opponents..
2. We have to beat a least 1 of them
3. Most of our players play in the UK. In lower leagues. Where they score very few goals, ....that is if they get on the field at all. Borgetti and Stern , 2 of the hottest goal scorers ever from the caribbean, ketching det arse in England...
4. Zamora, at present is getting on the field, playing at the highest level, scoring, and performing...I will not deny his ability -man, talkin bout he is not all that- westham managers, seem to think different...buh the fellas here really know more than the Westham managers...is jus nobody won't give dem ah break....
5. I don't know if Zamora, would or could or want to play for T&T, has he attended a session yet ? Until that time I have quite a few fellas who are tryin their best to help us win...and they are my team...Stern, Scotty, Jones, Glenn, C. Samuel etc..etc..
6. If he does come thru, maybe somebody can tell meh, how the Coach fine he fit....Thanks

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2005, 06:14:30 PM »
3. Most of our players play in the UK. In lower leagues. Where they score very few goals, ....that is if they get on the field at all. Borgetti and Stern , 2 of the hottest goal scorers ever from the caribbean, ketching det arse in England...
4. Zamora, at present is getting on the field, playing at the highest level, scoring, and performing...I will not deny his ability -man, talkin bout he is not all that- westham managers, seem to think different...buh the fellas here really know more than the Westham managers...is jus nobody won't give dem ah break....
5. I don't know if Zamora, would or could or want to play for T&T, has he attended a session yet ? Until that time I have quite a few fellas who are tryin their best to help us win...and they are my team...Stern, Scotty, Jones, Glenn, C. Samuel etc..etc..
6. If he does come thru, maybe somebody can tell meh, how the Coach fine he fit....Thanks

yea we know hes going at about a goal a month its all very impressive
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline chunk-a-loonks

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2005, 06:17:31 PM »
You know all yuh real jokey in truth oui.....We just manage to qualify for WC as the fouth placed team in the weakest region. (I will say that I am real proud of this as we all are).

If the WC had teams of the calibre of Concacaf, I would ah say to hell with Zamora...but fellas the man playing in the Championship Division in England.....at least 10 times better than the MLS and at least 25 times better than the PFL.

Let the man try out and see if he could bring some value to the side. I like Glen, Scotland, Sealy but we have to go to the other level...we on the big stage with the likes of Ronaldinho, Messi, Rooney etc. and while Zamora not in their class the man playing regularly with big players.

If he ain't skillful enough or he not commited, let us move on, but give the man a chance.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2005, 06:20:48 PM »

an we young talented, and elder experienced ones, at present again ? how many a month ?
 :rotfl:
dem damn English managers rather lorse than play we starboys :devil:

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2005, 06:23:58 PM »
You know all yuh real jokey in truth oui.....We just manage to qualify for WC as the fouth placed team in the weakest region. (I will say that I am real proud of this as we all are).

If the WC had teams of the calibre of Concacaf, I would ah say to hell with Zamora...but fellas the man playing in the Championship Division in England.....at least 10 times better than the MLS and at least 25 times better than the PFL.

Let the man try out and see if he could bring some value to the side. I like Glen, Scotland, Sealy but we have to go to the other level...we on the big stage with the likes of Ronaldinho, Messi, Rooney etc. and while Zamora not in their class the man playing regularly with big players.

If he ain't skillful enough or he not commited, let us move on, but give the man a chance.

Well said and I agree.

How much goals we main striker Stern score this season?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2005, 06:52:18 PM »

explain

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2005, 07:33:46 PM »

How much stern,jones,sealy,scott,glen scoring per month. 

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2005, 09:23:26 PM »
so yuh longing tuh break? de woman reject yuh once before but now yuh win the lottery the woman ah yuh dreams come giving yuh current and hoping tuh take yuh tuh the land of milk and honey, yuh eh go take ah sniff? But wait nah: yuh have one gyul who  wnat tuh give you some 'umph' in de front yuh have another who only sitting on the sidelines like she have perpetual period and cyar even get ah run who yuh want tuh play with?
CRIK CRAC MEH STORY END

Zamora JlOYD SAME THING.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 10:43:46 PM by AlbertaTrini »

1]; } ?>