April 27, 2024, 06:05:54 PM

Author Topic: Official World Cup Draw Thread  (Read 61370 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Re: Official World Cup Draw Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2005, 03:10:52 PM »
the seeding did'nt look bad tho

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2005, 10:50:33 PM »
Top Seed

When the organising commission for next year’s World Cup meets on the 6th of December they’ll have to decide which nations are the group top seeds – and hence can’t be drawn together in the following Friday’s draw to determine the groups that’ll kick off the German cup.

If the current FIFA practise is adhered to, Mexico is slated to join Brazil (reining Champions), Germany (host country), Spain, Argentina, England, Italy and France as the nations that will automatically be separated to head each of the groups.

We already know that the hosts are part of Group A whereas the five-time winners and current holders Brazil will be the highlight in Group F. With the much-criticised FIFA coefficients determining the ‘elite’, Holland, Portugal and Sweden – amongst others – are seen as second-string nations in the draw.

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=101781&idSez=147

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2005, 07:14:36 PM »
World Cup draw media frenzy

Media interest is intense. More than 150 television and radio stations have bought the rights to broadcast the Final Draw for the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germanyâ„¢ and a global audience of 320 million is expected to tune in.
There will be 120 commentary positions and 850 national and international television and radio journalists from 55 countries reporting live, via delayed telecast or on individual sections of the event. Added to this will be 800 newspaper reporters and photographers, 600 of them from abroad.

A media 'extravaganza'
The centrepiece of the gala will of course be the Final Draw which is organised by FIFA Communications Director Markus Siegler. It will see the 32 teams draw into eight groups of four. To conduct the draw, FIFA has nominated at least one star player from each of the footballing continents as ambassadors for their confederations. German TV personality Reinhold Beckmann and supermodel Heidi Klum will present the 90-minute draw ceremony, which will be broadcast worldwide from 8:30pm. (p> The Final Draw ceremony will be part of an international gala. The top musical act of the evening is Colombian rock star and 12-time Latin Grammy Award winner Juanes, whose summer hit La Camisa Negra brought him world-wide success and made him the number one male artist on the Latino music scene. Host country Germany will be providing a short film by internationally renowned director and huge football fan Wolfgang Becker (of Goodbye Lenin fame), which will combine football fanaticism with the growing anticipation ahead of the FIFA World Cupâ„¢. Classics and magic
Exciting clips from classic FIFA World Cup matches will also be featured, while Hans Klok, the "fastest magician in the world", will dazzle the public with a quick-fire illusion show using the symbols of the FIFA World Cup. The "Young German Philharmonic", 84 of the country's most talented music students, will be performing their own selected orchestral arrangements of works by Bach, Mozart, Beethoven and Richard Strauss.

The biggest names from politics and sport
Federal President Horst Kohler will be present as a high-level representative of German politics, while also in attendance will be Chancellor designate Angela Merkel, former SPD party chairman Franz Muntefering, the Prime Minister of Saxony Georg Milbradt and the Governing Mayor of Berlin Klaus Wowereit.

All 32 participating national team coaches should be there, including Jurgen Klinsmann (Germany), Sven-Goran Eriksson (England), Marco van Basten (Netherlands), Marcello Lippi (Italy), Zico (Japan), Oleg Blochin (Ukraine) and Luiz Felipe Scolari (Portugal).

The German football family will be represented by, among others, DFB President Gerhard Mayer-Vorfelder, Executive DFB President Dr Theo Zwanziger, DFL President Werner Hackmann and the majority of the Lord Mayors of the FIFA World Cup host cities.

Offline Rougier

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Silvermash
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2005, 02:35:09 AM »
I really doh care who we get grouped with, I just want to see the country of Trinidad and Tobago go up on de board.  Ah didn't cry yesterday (close to but did not) but ah aint promising not to on December 9th.

I've got to agree with this man; love what you're saying.  also the guy who wants Brazil.
We (Scotland) got Brazil in the first game of France 98, when the whole world was talking about the unstoppable Ronaldo and Rivaldo etc.  We're not a big name in football either, but have so much pride we love occasions like that.  It was a great game, and with the huge effort from the Scottish players we almost managed a draw.  Our defender scored an unlucky own goal to give them a 2-1 win.  I'd be really happy for you all to have an occasion like that, where you can show your nation to the world, and show how you have arrived on the big stage!

Ideally:

Brazil
USA
T&T
Togo

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2005, 07:58:00 AM »
the draw is 3 15pm our time on friday 9th  cant wait to see who we get

seeds we could handle lol- Spain, France, Mexico

Offline Ballack

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2005, 11:14:43 AM »
Seminaris hotel in my hometown Potsdam near Berlin confirmed in the local newspaper an   offical call
from the TT football federation . they sayed that they are interested to spend their time in Gemany
 in Potsdam.and that would be an great idea
I hope it will be happen so I could inform u whats goin on in training camp. I hope in the staff
are nice TT ladies
Potsdam is a beautiful city, conditions are perfect here, the best european women football club
is from Potsdam and many winners of the olympics were formed her
Dynamo Dresden supporter:
2006 :Die Welt zu Gast bei Freunden

Offline Ballack

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2005, 11:23:18 AM »

Offline Ballack

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2005, 11:26:30 AM »
and click here only in german the article in the newspaper:

http://www.maerkischeallgemeine.de/cms/beitrag/10598834/62449/

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2005, 11:30:16 AM »
Thanks ballack.... that is good to hear... I wonder if they definitely going with Potsdam or they just sounding out some potential home bases until de draw takes place....
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Ballack

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2005, 11:34:30 AM »
@FF
its not definitly, it was just a call that was confirmed,maybe they will  confirm the accomodation after dec 9th

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2005, 01:16:31 PM »
Where is de draw available to be seen live? On fifaworldcup.com?

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2005, 05:55:39 PM »
Why would England be seeded ????

TrinInfinite

« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2005, 11:12:45 PM »
i like paraguay, ivory coast group better, de US i dont trust at all, and i rather play teams like ivory coast and dem, 2 much politics in de US group

truetrini

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2005, 11:18:24 PM »
you and yuh politics eh

TrinInfinite

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2005, 11:19:30 PM »
saudi arabia and US in we group, u think dere are no politics in de game of football, especially de world cup?

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2005, 11:29:28 PM »
allyuh,

we CANNOT be in the same group as the USA

up in the first post by FF it say:

No more than one team per confederation in each group with the exception of UEFA which may have no more than two!

Offline warriorchic

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2005, 08:40:00 AM »
apparently the draw will be shown live on fifa. com
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/t/finaldraw/index.html

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2005, 10:27:06 AM »
TriniConsistent..I mean TrinInfinite....not everything is politics.

Offline ß!aCkÒuT

• Sr. Warrior
  • Time To Play The Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2005, 12:09:58 PM »
wen is the nex game we hav to play {not world cup) I think its the 29th March but who do we hav to play
If love were a flame, it has ignited my soul...my one spark has created the magnificent fire of true passion

".The Poet."

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2005, 01:23:23 PM »
an Ideal draw for TNT will be an asian team..an african team..and an european team.....I think 4 of de teams from africa its there first time(I think so) de asian team will not be able to keep up wid our speed..de European team will be nice since many of our players are based in Europe..Dat will Gurantee TNT into de second rounds...

warmonga..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
Dec 9th
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2005, 05:23:12 AM »
ah cyar wait for de draw
dis is our most likely group

T&T
Ivory Coast
Poland
Saudi Arabia

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
Re: Dec 9th
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2005, 05:33:00 AM »
ah cyar wait for de draw

T&T
Ivory Coast
Poland
Saudi Arabia
I've been counting down thill the draw since the 16th Nov

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2005, 05:38:15 AM »
ent
 :beermug:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 05:43:37 AM by #1 Spalker »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2005, 06:09:17 AM »
ah cyar wait for de draw

T&T
Ivory Coast
Poland
Saudi Arabia

How is that so? there must be at least 1 seeded team and Poland definately is not seeded

truetrini

« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2005, 06:13:03 AM »
ah cyar wait for de draw

T&T
Ivory Coast
Poland
Saudi Arabia

How is that so? there must be at least 1 seeded team and Poland definately is not seeded

yep..seems man drinking.

we eh getting no such sorf group and it eh have no "most likely group"

dis is ah open draw and noone can manipulate the outcome

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2005, 06:22:34 AM »
Yea, ah was wondering about atoboldon group dey, madness.
Jack big, but he aint that big.
Watch and see, we falling into Germany group....

TrinInfinite

This is the Optimal group to draw in
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2005, 03:43:25 PM »
Group F: Brazil, Australia, Trinidad & Tobago, Switzerland

We will get alot of attention, switzerland and australia are easier teams to beat, it is possible, Brazil will give a memorable game that we will learn plenty from and we will have a good chance to advance to the second rounds

Vibes it up

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: This is the Optimal group to draw in
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2005, 03:50:34 PM »
Group F: Brazil, Australia, Trinidad & Tobago, Switzerland

We will get alot of attention, switzerland and australia are easier teams to beat, it is possible, Brazil will give a memorable game that we will learn plenty from and we will have a good chance to advance to the second rounds

Vibes it up

It will be a up-hill battle whatever teams are drawn in your group. For the moment, I'd stop concentrating on the second rounds, and just try to focus on getting a result in each and every game. First try to avoid conceding, and then try to score at least once each time you take the field. The emphasis for teams such as T&T in teh world cup should be defense, an dnot attack.  You have to start walking before you can sprint. Switzerland weak? They just eliminated Turkey! And teh Aussies are better than they seem!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2005, 04:01:42 PM »
Men may beat me for this, but good pt. RF.  I know we are a good and confident bunch and capable of upsetting the biggest names in football, let's try to keep our feet on the ground while aiming for the stars (sorry, child of the 80s).

Bless
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2005, 04:03:34 PM »
Switerland ain't no weak side dred. I see them play against turkey twice. If any thing week about them it might be there defense. Australia alright and they have a good coach. They will both be tough opponents. With hard work and alot of improvement trinidad can beat them side. If we play the way we play against Bahrain team like Swiss will beat us. We have 7 months to improve the team and i believe if the team work real hard, TnT could get favourable result in germany. We might even upset a top seed team just like sengal and cameroon did in pasts world cups.

1]; } ?>