April 28, 2024, 11:26:03 PM

Author Topic: Official World Cup Draw Thread  (Read 61463 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Mock WC Draw
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2005, 09:47:31 PM »
I am not sure if anyone posted this, but what do you all think about such a group.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=350665&root=worldcup&cc=5901
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mock WC Draw
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2005, 09:53:34 PM »
Partner if dat we we draw come Dec 9th den we in d second rounds...

Ah just hope if Argentina ends up in our group we buss dem ass...I cyah stand dem pretty boy tactics

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2005, 09:58:42 PM »
That draw doh make sense with holland being seeded instead of France.

That group F is the group of death.

And yes the TnT group there is challenging, but we could advance.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2005, 09:59:56 PM »
argentina boy!!! wellll me aint kno much bout dat
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline SHOTTA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Official World Cup Draw Thread
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2005, 10:06:24 PM »
wat local time is the draw??

i kno i can follow it on fifa worldcup.com but i aint shure of the time it will be at locally

i hav an exam for 8 30 dat mornin so i hope is no time around den i wa see dis ting for myself i doh wa jump on d board an is 4 thread runnin bout we group

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2005, 10:14:38 PM »
We going 2nd rongs no matter who we draw with...

Spain cyar be seeded with having to play a playoff same time as us to qualify combined with their forever dismal WC rcord.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2005, 10:43:07 PM »
it look like it gettin set up 4 a 2nd rounds match wit de US, check out fifa website, ull see we play de 1st place team in group g, which would most likely b de US, if we were 2 advance 2 de 2nd rounds.

vibes it up

redemption and retribution 4 we if we play de US

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2005, 04:51:30 AM »
I like that grouping.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2005, 10:07:15 AM »
We going 2nd rongs no matter who we draw with...

Spain cyar be seeded with having to play a playoff same time as us to qualify combined with their forever dismal WC rcord.

Arseness!!!

Spain have a dismal World Cup record?? Check their last three World Cup performances and compare them to whoever you would have seeded before them!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2005, 10:25:36 AM »
   Aye all yuh, like I pulling a Rasajoy, but I had a dream last night. We were in a group that consisted of England, Sweden, and Romania. YES I know that Romania are not in the WC but my subconscious mind probably still remembering them since I named my dog "Lacatus" from the 1990 Romanian WC star. Also I guess my sub-conscious mind remembered that England and Sweden were in the same group in 2002 (yeah when meh team Argentina shit dong themselves and failed to beat flicking Sweden to qualify!!!)

I dreamt that we played our first game and were leading 2-0 to Romania after the first half. Sigh then I woke up!!

Ok so all yuh doh get mad seeing that we were leading a team who are NOT in the World Cup.  :-\ Maybe Romania could be substituted to mean Poland or Hungary?
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2005, 10:27:57 AM »
... ok well not Hungary since they are not in the WC.

J.

Offline SHOTTA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2005, 11:03:36 AM »
hyper who score d goals for we????

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
World Cup Seeding
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2005, 02:11:58 PM »
foxsports.com

Associated Press

WC: Seedings always the key to the draw

The euphoria felt by the last few teams to qualify for the World Cup, such as Trinidad and Tobago, Australia and Angola, is tempered by the reality of a draw that could pit them in the first round against Brazil, Germany or Argentina.

QUALIFIED TEAMS 

Europe (UEFA) 
Croatia Czech Rep.
England France
Germany Italy
Netherlands Poland
Portugal Serbia & Mont.
Spain Sweden
Switzerland Ukraine
N. America (CONCACAF) 
Costa Rica Mexico
Trinidad & Tob. USA
S. America (CONMEBOL) 
Argentina Brazil
Ecuador Paraguay
Asia (AFC) 
Iran Japan
Saudi Arabia South Korea
Africa (CAF) 
Angola Ivory Coast
Ghana Togo
Tunisia   
Oceania (OFC) 
Australia   

Support your favorite team with official World Cup gear from the Fox Soccer Shop! 

The resignation of soccer's lesser lights is matched by the anxiety of the sport's second- and third-tier teams, whose ability to prove their worthiness can be enhanced or devastated depending on where they're placed.

The key to every World Cup draw is the seedings, the four bowls or "pots" FIFA divides the teams into, ostensibly seeking - in the name of fairness and balance - to avoid having one or two groups with several title contenders and others with none.

FIFA contends the seedings are based on past performance, but because the World Cup Organizing Committee determines the seedings, more than an eyebrow is raised when the final list is announced.

This year could provide even more fodder for conspiracy theorists. FIFA president Sepp Blatter has suggested the much-maligned FIFA rankings and qualifying performances may be used to help determine seedings.

Taking the last three World Cups and weighing the results so that 2002 is worth half, 1998 is worth a third and 1994 is worth a sixth, Brazil clearly sits atop the 32 teams. It won the 1994 and 2002 titles, and is the indisputable leader of the No. 1 seeds.

The other seven seeds, in order, are Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Croatia, South Korea and Argentina.

Mexico and the Netherlands are tied atop the second eight, followed by England, Sweden, the United States, Paraguay, Japan and Serbia-Montenegro (formerly Yugoslavia). Costa Rica leads the next eight, followed by Ecuador, Poland, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Tunisia and Switzerland.

The remaining teams are gathered in a final seeding, six because they've never played in a World Cup (Angola, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, and Ukraine) and two because they've haven't earned their invite to the tournament in quite a while (Australia, 1974, and the Czech Republic, 1990).

But this is where FIFA is likely to wield its influence and "tweak" the seedings.

Germany is the third-lowest ranked team among the top seeds (16th), but as host already is guaranteed the top spot in Group A.

South Korea may have reached the semifinals at home in 2002, but it didn't win a game in the previous two World Cups and is ranked 29th, the worst of any team in the top group. It also had the lowest point total among Asia's four automatic qualifiers.

Conversely, the Netherlands finished fourth in 1998 and is ranked third by FIFA. The Dutch also finished with the most qualifying points of any team in Europe (32) and are one of only five teams on the continent to go through qualifying undefeated (10-0-2).

Swapping South Korea and the Dutch would conform to FIFA's world view. The only possible hitch: FIFA vice president Chung Mong Joon is on both the World Cup and FIFA executive committees, and he's South Korean.

Croatia is ranked 20th and, other than South Korea, is the second-lowest ranked team in the top group. But the next three candidates for promotion are Mexico, England and Sweden.

Europeans on the World Cup committee - there are 13 among the 31 members, including the chairman - are unlikely to approve moving up the Mexicans. And replacing one European team with another by passing two CONCACAF teams with higher rankings (Mexico at No. 7 and the United States at No. 8) may not be worth the fight.

More likely is elevating the second-ranked Czechs out of the last pot and the 10th-ranked Portuguese out of the third pot into the second seeds. Even though the Czechs had to beat Norway in a playoff to get to the World Cup, leaving them in the last group would be unfair to them and the rest of the field.

Similarly, Portugal finished second to the Greeks at last year's European Championship and had the second-highest points total among European qualifiers with a 9-0-3 record.

If the Czechs and Portuguese are moved up, that would displace two teams from the second pot. The three most likely candidates are Paraguay, Japan and Serbia.

Serbia has the worst record of anybody among the second seeds and is ranked 47th. Paraguay is ranked 30th, 15 places below Japan. Both easily could be dropped into the third tier, which would leave one team too many in the third seeds.

The bottom three there are Iran, Tunisia and Switzerland.

MORE WC QUALIFYING!

Iran is ranked 19th and qualified easily back in June. Tunisia is the only African team not among the last group of seeds, and trying to drop it likely would resurrect accusations of racism last loudly heard after Germany won the vote over South Africa to host World Cup 2006.

That leaves Switzerland, which hasn't played in a World Cup since 1994, and is the lowest-ranked side not in the last group already. Down it goes.

The only other potential land mine among the lowest group is Ukraine. It may have been the first team from Europe to qualify, but it has never played in a World Cup and is ranked 40th. The Ivory Coast is right behind it at No. 41.

But if those hurdles are cleared, the seedings are reset as follows:

- Brazil, Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Croatia, Argentina and the Netherlands in Pot 1.

- South Korea, Mexico, England, Sweden, the United States, Japan, Czech Republic and Portugal in Pot 2.

- Paraguay, Serbia-Montenegro, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Tunisia in Pot 3.

- Switzerland, Angola, Ivory Coast, Togo, Ghana, Ukraine, Trinidad and Australia in Pot 4.

After that, it's a matter of separating Germany into Group A, then picking blindly until the groups are filled. FIFA's current rules would prohibit one team from facing off against another from its region, except Europe.

So the mock draw looks like this:

Group A: Germany, South Korea, Poland, Ivory Coast.

Group B: Italy, England, Saudi Arabia, Australia.

Group C: Argentina, Portugal, Serbia-Montenegro, Togo.

Group D: Spain, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Trinidad.

Group E: Brazil, Japan, Costa Rica, Switzerland.

Group F: France, United States, Iran, Angola.

Group G: Netherlands, Sweden, Paraguay, Ghana.

Group H: Croatia, Mexico, Tunisia, Ukraine.

At first glance, there doesn't appear to be any overbalanced group, although Brazil seems to have received a relatively easy first round compared to Argentina. Group H could be troublesome for either European side or Mexico, and Germany doesn't have any walkover, either.

Regardless, the real draw likely will provide surprises - and theories of how it was rigged.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2005, 02:28:45 PM »
These ppl at Fox Sports have no idea what they talking bout!!!

They have never seeded all the pots!! ONly the top eight are seeded....
The rest of pots are separated geographically!!

They also have clearly not bothered to examine the past WC seeding formulas.... because if they have they will see that it has remained essentially the same.... (Past 3 World Cup Performances + Past 3 yrs Fifa rankings)... see first post...

Fox Sports pulling seeding procedures out dey ass.....

anyhow de fact remains FIFA could always do what de arse dey feel like...
... and we will find out on Dec 6th when they announce the seeding.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2005, 03:38:07 PM »
cannot wait for this friging draw!!!!!

8 more days fellas   and then preparations begins

i want:

seed: Italy
pot 2: Poland
pot 3: Saudi
pot 4: TnT

playing polan first:  TnT 2  poland 0
                           TnT 1   Italy 1
                           TnT 4 vs Saudi 1

round of 16: TnT 1 vs Sweden 0  aet
quarters Germany 1 vs TnT 0     standing ovation by hosts and a great experience for players fans and TnT

Offline trininess

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
world cup group for trini....
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2005, 08:54:01 PM »
who yall think would be a nice gripu fr us to be in as its our first time ? what will be the dream group for TNT to do some damage ?

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: world cup group for trini....
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2005, 05:14:43 AM »
who yall think would be a nice gripu fr us to be in as its our first time ? what will be the dream group for TNT to do some damage ?

Trinidad and Tobago
Angola
Saudi Arabia
England

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2005, 06:23:00 AM »
I like that one too. But will never happen.
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What you think about the usa being seeded?
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2005, 08:44:41 AM »
USA deserve seed consideration, says Arena
30 November 2005
by AFP

Enlarge Photo
Photo Gallery
Setting the pace in CONCACAF qualifying for the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germanyâ„¢, an unprecedented feat for a US team, is enough to merit seeding consideration for the global football showdown, US coach Bruce Arena said on Tuesday.

"If a CONCACAF team has the possibility of being a seeded team at the 2006 FIFA World Cup final draw, the US has done what is necessary in the region to deserve it," Arena said.

Arena said 12 to 14 European-based players are being considered for the American squad at next year's tournament, with US teen sensation Freddy Adu of Major League Soccer's DC United set to get a look at training camp in January. In terms of favorites, Arena made it clear that in his mind only one nation has any reason to talk about claiming the title at this stage.

"The only country in the world that I think can ever have high aspirations and say, 'We want to win the World Cup' is Brazil," Arena said. "Everybody else hopes they get a good draw and hopes they play well and get some breaks."

The draw will be determined on 9 December in Leipzig, Germany. The US team, which qualified ahead of Mexico in this year's regional round-robin matches, has announced it will be based in Hamburg next year.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: What you think about the usa being seeded?
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2005, 08:46:14 AM »
Not over Mexico...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2005, 08:50:10 AM »
Never
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline firebun

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
7 more days and counting...........
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2005, 10:47:42 AM »
before we know wha going on in Germany nex' year.  Ah cyar wait. 8)

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
Fox Sports - Mock WC Draw..Interesting
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2005, 11:36:27 AM »
After that, it's a matter of separating Germany into Group A, then picking blindly until the groups are filled. FIFA's current rules would prohibit one team from facing off against another from its region, except Europe.

So the mock draw looks like this:

Group A: Germany, South Korea, Poland, Ivory Coast.

Group B: Italy, England, Saudi Arabia, Australia.

Group C: Argentina, Portugal, Serbia-Montenegro, Togo.

Group D: Spain, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Trinidad.
Group E: Brazil, Japan, Costa Rica, Switzerland.

Group F: France, United States, Iran, Angola.

Group G: Netherlands, Sweden, Paraguay, Ghana.

Group H: Croatia, Mexico, Tunisia, Ukraine.

At first glance, there doesn't appear to be any overbalanced group, although Brazil seems to have received a relatively easy first round compared to Argentina. Group H could be troublesome for either European side or Mexico, and Germany doesn't have any walkover, either.

Regardless, the real draw likely will provide surprises - and theories of how it was rigged.

If our boys play some ball they could come out of that group (4pts with a decent GD... who knows!)

Go Warriors!
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2005, 11:42:40 AM »
It would be bizzare if we were placed in that group ... only because I remember in Italia '90, the US were pitted against The Czechs in their first game and lost comprehensively ... 5-0 I believe the margin to be. I remember running thru my house every time the Czechs scored ... but still feeling bitter - saying that it should have been TT in the place of the US at those games.

Needless to say that even though all the hype goes to Spain and the Czechs in that group ... we have the chance to be the biggest upset team and shock either of them.

Xavi and Raul are currently injured, and Casillas (??RMs Keeper is a string up man) ... so who knows how they'll be in 6 months.

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2005, 12:24:43 PM »
   Aloo Pie Roti, I felt your sentiments EXACTLY in 1990 when the Checks hit the US for 5 YES it was 5-0 I remember quite vividly. I was damn flicking happy that they get mash up for spite for beating us, I was real happy the get it bad from the Checks, and since then and going forth I will always dislike them, at least until their public pay more respect to football and start calling it football and actually show an interest in it, not like the shitty ass "American Football" they have, them is wussies, real men play RUGBY.

J.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2005, 01:33:35 PM »
   Aloo Pie Roti, I felt your sentiments EXACTLY in 1990 when the Checks hit the US for 5 YES it was 5-0 I remember quite vividly. I was damn flicking happy that they get mash up for spite for beating us, I was real happy the get it bad from the Checks, and since then and going forth I will always dislike them, at least until their public pay more respect to football and start calling it football and actually show an interest in it, not like the shitty ass "American Football" they have, them is wussies, real men play RUGBY.

J.

Actually there is alot of interest in the game itself in the US (regardless of what they want to call it). I suspect that within ten years, the USA will have more people playing soccer/football than most Europen countries. Itsbeen 16 years since 1990...they have come a long way .... they will go even farther in the next 10. They will be real contenders for the title one day!

Offline chocolatbwoy

• New Warrior
  • Big up all UK Trini's
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2005, 01:55:22 PM »
That is a possible draw but would personally love to be in the same group as Brazil, what a fete that would be :beermug: :rotfl:

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2005, 02:23:51 PM »
FIFA has posted an update to the Drawing Procedures:

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/051202/1/5g1d.html

They have confirmed Germany as A1... but not Brazil as F1
The remaining seven seeds will be announced on wednesday....

And they have confirmed the geographical grouping of the pots

"The 24 remaining teams will then be assigned to Pots 2, 3 and 4 in such a way as to achieve the best possible geographical distribution between the groups"

I believe the Draw will be live on ESPN 2 at 3pm EST.... on Friday Dec 9th...

Stay tuned....

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
All you need to know about the Final Draw
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2005, 10:37:18 PM »
fifaworldcup.com

After many months' hard slog in pursuit of a place at the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germanyâ„¢, the coaches of the 32 qualified countries will be in attendance at the Leipzig Exhibition Centre on Friday 9 December for the Final Draw. And by the end of proceedings, they will know what, and who, to expect in the first round of football's most prestigious event.

This highly colourful evening, hosted by model Heidi Klum and television presenter Reinhold Beckmann, will be nothing short of a celebration of football. The high point of the night will be preceded by a feast of entertainment, including musical performances by Colombian singer Juanes and the German Philharmonic Youth Orchestra, plus a show by magician Hans Klok that is sure to enchant young and old alike. The master of ceremonies for the draw itself will be FIFA Director of Communications Markus Siegler.

Germany in Group A
To ensure the draw process is clearly understood, a few key points should be clarified. First, it is worth bearing in mind that – wherever possible – no two teams from the same continental zone can be drawn in the same group. The sole exception to this rule is the presence of a maximum of two teams from the European Zone in the same group, due to the high number of European qualifiers (14 including the German hosts).

As regards allocation to the different pots, there will be eight seeded teams, among them Germany, who have already been assigned to Group A. The seven other seeds will be determined on 6 December by the Organising Committee for the FIFA World Cup, on the basis of various criteria such as the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking. The eight chosen seeds will be placed in Pot 1, and drawn as the first teams in Groups A to H, from left to right. As mentioned above, it has already been decided that Germany will play in Group A.

The 24 remaining teams will then be assigned to Pots 2, 3 and 4 in such a way as to achieve the best possible geographical distribution between the groups. As soon as a team is drawn, another draw will be made to allocate this team its place in a group. Finally, so as to maintain the suspense to the end and most importantly, protect the integrity of the draw process, the order in which the pots will be drawn may be varied.

So make a date for Friday 9 December 2005 at 20:15 (local time) to follow the Final Draw for the 2006 FIFA World Cup live on FIFAworldcup.com. As well as an application enabling you to follow the draw live, there will also be commentaries and explanations, plus live reaction from the personalities present.

In addition, a Fan Chat forum will be up and running from the afternoon of 9 December, allowing you to converse with supporters from all over the globe. All of this will be available in seven different languages, as FIFAworldcup.com is launching in Italian, Korean and Portuguese.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: All you need to know about the Final Draw
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2005, 12:55:21 AM »
So make a date for Friday 9 December 2005 at 20:15 (local time) to follow the Final Draw for the 2006 FIFA World Cup live on FIFAworldcup.com.

anybody have a time conversion chart and could say what time - trini time EDT, etc.

1]; } ?>