April 27, 2024, 02:25:41 PM

Author Topic: Zamora and Samuel  (Read 12888 times)

Offline Trinimac

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Zamora and Samuel
« on: October 22, 2005, 02:43:07 PM »
Hey,
     If Zomora & Samuel could make the Trinidad team, I think that they should be allowd to play. Although we are currently thinking about Germany, we need to think about the near future also. These are two young and gifted players. If they are fully committed to Trinidad Football we could be a force to be recon with in the near future. We could alos be looking at World Cup 2010 also. Why do you guys think? Thease guys bring a lot of experience to the team and would open the doors for trinidad footballers.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Postive things about Zamora & Samuel Playing for Trinidad.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 02:45:15 PM »
Thats all true but its their acutal commitment to representing TnT that is being questioned, by me at least.

Offline Trinimac

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 02:46:03 PM »
Yeap you are right. But nothing is Guareented. W'll see what happens.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 02:46:44 PM »
plus bahrain has neva seen them play but jlloyd cannot be more effective than avery in defence i think
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trinimac

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 02:48:34 PM »
Have you guys ever saw these guys play? Are they any good?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005, 02:53:19 PM »
yes i have seen jlloyd play for aston villa may times he is a good player
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2005, 02:57:32 PM »
i doh mind giving him a cap...but i doh tink he shud get to play in world cup.. ;D..a cap will ensure he is ours for the future..but jus to ensure he not using trinbago...we secure him..but he ddoh play world cup!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2005, 03:00:26 PM »
thats how I got my wife, I gave her a cap and she still stuck here. Nice strategy thane. Samuel can run out, but Zamora can sit down but of course, get a cap.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2005, 03:02:48 PM »
Let's just wait and see fellas.  I aint no zamora fan since he dont rub me right, but if de man come and show alot of commitment and form, who knows, he just might win us over!

what alyuh tink?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2005, 03:04:46 PM »
let us wait and see what Don Leo does

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2005, 03:13:09 PM »
i can see jlloyd in a left midfeild role for tnt with avery retaing his place in defense dis is pressure for beenie but i trust his judgement
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

TrinInfinite

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2005, 03:14:40 PM »
let dem play, we go cut bahrain ass

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2005, 04:39:33 PM »
 Listen, Chris Birchall have a better chance of making an English side in the future because of his age...he is only 20....but what he do? He put aside all that and come and play for us...That is something Commendable....Zamora on the other side have man like Rooney, (Wright-Phillips, Smith, Owen, Defoe, and it have more) to make over and he now realizing that maybe ..just maybe he not going to make it with England in 2006...and if he wait for 2010 he will be 28 and them players that i list will have first preference and they on better teams...Zamora has made 'Stlye' on T&T in the past and NOW he want to play :rotfl:... Samuel on the other hand has made England U21 side so he had at least a chance of to make an English Senior Team appearance...he in the same situation as Zamora but he was in the England Pool so i don't blame him for not rushing to play for T&T....

Any how.... I Samuel i think deserves a chance, but as for Zamora i am very skeptical.....Go T&T

truetrini

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2005, 08:53:26 PM »
let de men come and try out fuh de team..is ah bsiness ting

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2005, 09:29:26 PM »
the more players we have the better we shall be ;D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2005, 10:02:38 PM »
the more players we have the better we shall be ;D

You could be right morvantman, especially in light of the yellow card situation.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2005, 11:04:31 PM »

Jloyd Samuel can make a significant contribution to the team and be played immediately.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2005, 05:40:36 AM »
Nah I say we overs them for the playoff games..but if we make the World Cup they could fight to be part of the squad. That way they only get sweat if men get injured or suspended. We need Jlloyd because after Avery we have no trustworthy left back. Zamora decent but i feel given a run, Stern John much better and Cornell Glenn and Kenwyne Jones have the potential to be worldbeaters if allowed to develop in the proper environment, under a decent coach (like Harry Redknapp who provide the foundation for Joe Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Michael Carrick, not to mention Frank Lampard and Jermaine Defoe !!)
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2005, 09:25:54 AM »
Zamora is surplus,not necessarily needed. Jlloyd is badly needed since  Avery aint exactly international material.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2005, 09:54:30 AM »
Zamora decent but i feel given a run, Stern John much better and Cornell Glenn and Kenwyne Jones have the potential to be worldbeaters if allowed to develop in the proper environment

Get real man spiderbuff corneal glen is about 25 development time done  pass. I am not a zamora fan as such  but i think zamora is as good a striker as stern.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2005, 10:41:37 AM »
Making themselves available,makes the pool of players that much richer
If we should qualify,between now and the day of the first cup game so many changes could force the dynamics of the team to change,so its in our best intrest to have all options available
At this point its whats best for the team and not for our personal whims or wishes

As its been said many times,the Don will make the call lets hope its the right one

Offline Trini/Sverige

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
jlloyd samuel i think he should play
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2005, 12:19:21 PM »
Name:    Jlloyd Samuel
Nationality:    Trinidad & Tobago
Date of Birth:    29/03/1981
Height:   5' 11" (180cm)
Weight:   11st 4lbs (71.73kg)
Previous    
Clubs:   Gillingham
Position:    Defender

Having played every single minute of the previous season, Jlloyd Samuel looked as if he might repeat his ever-present record when he started the first 20 games and missed only the final half hour of the Carling Cup defeat by Burnley after suffering a shoulder injury at Turf Moor.

He continued to play through the pain, too, although his hopes of being involved in every game were dashed when a groin injury ruled him out of the festive games against Chelsea and Manchester United.

Samuel also missed the match at Fulham in February but he still finished the campaign as one of Villa's highest appearance-makers.

Once again, he was at his best when making incisive runs down the left - even if he wasn't able to add to his modest goal haul!

Samuel's push into the limelight came in the 2001-02 season. He came on for Delaney on the right against West Ham on 5th December 2001, after the Welshman suffered damaged medial knee ligaments.

He held that position for the next seven games during Delaney's absence and performed so well that he was then switched to his more natural left-back berth.

He continued to impress in 2002-03 and, along with Rob Edwards, performed well on the right as Delaney suffered the 'worst season' of his career through injury.

Jlloyd joined Villa on a YTS in July 1997 and turned professional 25th January 1999.

REALLY GOOD RESUME I THINK HE WILL FIT IN PERFECTLY GET THEM BAHRAIN BOY FRIGHTEN

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Zamora and Samuels ... how can dey play for us if dey play wit Eng U21?
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2005, 01:38:01 PM »
anybody know? also if they play for tnt, cud they go back n play for england in d future?

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: Zamora and Samuels ... how can dey play for us if dey play wit Eng U21?
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2005, 01:41:54 PM »
anybody know? also if they play for tnt, cud they go back n play for england in d future?
Players can now player for a under 21 nation and change afterwards. and no they cannot change back afterwards

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zamora and Samuels ... how can dey play for us if dey play wit Eng U21?
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2005, 01:48:50 PM »
good dat they can't change back, dis means that if they play for we, then dey have to continue playing, one wonders whether for the 2010 CONCACAF qualifying campign these two go say no throughout d group satges n final rounds and only say yes to playin in d final two games den and for d world cup... in my opinion, we should only have people who comitted to TnT futbol on d field... i prefer a man with 1/2 d talent with 100% heart dan a fella wit 100% talent and 1/2 d heart.

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2005, 11:14:07 PM »
any player who has respesented any country can not play for a new country unless he stays in that country for 2 years I think ...

those are Fifa rules.

so Zamora who played for england under21 is out

don't know about the other dude

-Sal from Bahrain

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2005, 06:27:01 AM »
any player who has respesented any country can not play for a new country unless he stays in that country for 2 years I think ...

those are Fifa rules.

-Sal from Bahrain

They are both eligible to play for T&T, they both represented England at u-27 level but not at senior level. Look at the FIFA rules. Zamora father is Trini and Jlloyd was born right here. There rules may be vague but they both can represent us. The question is whether we want them or not.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2005, 07:08:48 AM »

those are Fifa rules.

-Sal from Bahrain

hey alsalman, you are welcome here.  We appreciate the opportunity that football has given us to intermingle with people from so many diferent countries.

but if u have to contribute, make sure u say someting with sense, cause u talking a bag of nonsense!!

the FIFA rules state that only if u represent a country at senior level, then u cannot represent any other country, simple as that!!

They changed the rules, so representing a country at U21 level doesnt count!!

it's as simple as that, hence both zamora and samuel are eligible. 

Please do your research before u feel the need to correct or contribute!!

bless up!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2005, 08:22:15 AM »
Dem fellahs jus wah go Wc cuz dey see TNT on we way ,didn't Zamora turn down d invitation to play ,sayin he rather play for West Ham,if we include these fellahs we further hindering d development of our locally based players
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2005, 10:10:08 AM »
let the fellas play-if they come and impress heck yeah take them on just add strength to TT national squad. 

If men get vex that these 2 take they pick, hardluck-improve your game so u get the nod over them.  if the man better than you hats off to him.

1]; } ?>