April 27, 2024, 06:53:03 PM

Poll

Do we want him if we make it?

Yes
10 (22.7%)
No
34 (77.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: Zamora  (Read 13347 times)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: Bobby Zamora decides to play for d Warriors (Thesun.co.uk)
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2005, 08:01:54 AM »
Sorry Mr's Jahyouth and Trinimassive but I shall have to respectfully disagree with your stances on this issue.

Yorke and Lata's may have ditched us previously, but many times in their careers have they risked starting places at their clubs to represent T&T. Zamora has blatantly put his club career over T&T, this in itself aint too bad...what is bad is that he waited till he was sure he could get maximum benefit and exposure from T&T before he expressed a wish to play for us! What justification is there for Bobby Zamora to get his first cap for T&T in the World Cup or plaudits for helping us get past Bahrain? I'm sorry I don't think he should even get a trial. I do agree with you that Beenie will turn to him if he thinks Zamora would add something to the team, but If I were in T&T's squad I have to say I would be well pissed off if Zamora tippped-up at this stage in the campaign and took my place in the team. Do you gentlemen not read between the lines  ??? , how could you even trust the fella. He is not expressing a wish to play for T&T cause he cares for us, he is doing it to further his career, Yorke and Lata's are certainly not and never have used T&T in the way Zamora is attempting to. Where was he prior to the start of the campaign...he was approached then and was a starter then for the Hammers! Where was he when we were struggling to qualify for the hex...he was approached then! Where was he when we were bottom of the Hex and Beenie approached him! Now you say welcome him, give the man ah trial!?

SORRY CAN'T AGREE WITH YOU THERE!

I agree with Rodney completely.

The TTFF can do plenty things right here and plenty things wrong.

Based on what other nations have done they will probably take him but don't expect to see him after this WC series and that is my main problem with the man.

JLloyd is a deifferent story but he hasn't expressed interest so its a moot point right now.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2005, 08:07:42 AM »
on numerous interviews said T&T doh stand ah chance of making the World Cup and that the Champions League is his World Cup

trinimassive he made that quote when he signing for manu from villa i remeber that well and latapy was a no show back in 1996 for a crucila game against the usa .

plus he and yourke ditched us in 2001 under simones when he had to play jamaica in tnt.Had we beaten them in that encounter might have turned our campaign around
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2005, 08:10:52 AM »
Relevant article: Zamora rejects T&T call-up

anyone who was thinking about zamora playing should really read this article and think twice!!

Thanks for the link Tallman, i forgot about that article in August.

Now i vex, cause he really out ah timing tuh want to come and play for us now!!  steups!!

lol

Allyuh overlooking ah few important things.

1st off Andre Samuel come right out and say he doh like Zamora head atall. He like JLoyd because he name Samuel...cyah argue there. :D

But Zamora is no Yorke. He never was and maybe never will be. How many times did Yorke blank T&T for ManUtd. And this is when he was the man. He on numerous interviews said T&T doh stand ah chance of making the World Cup and that the Champions League is his World Cup. This eh what ah read, ah see and hear him say.

We already know he walked out on the team. But he also ended his career and publicly stated he did it for ManUtd. His career subsequently went down hill from there.

Even in this campaign Bertille had to beg Yorke to play. He wasn't interested. He said that numerous times. And even in this same campaign Latapy said the same thing. He wasn't interested.

Now in Yorke's case he even had a Stadium built in Tobago and it take him years before he play ah game there. Ah doh even think he show up for the opening of the stadium.

Yorke and Latapy got their start and their Knowledge playing for T&T. And if they could say all those things negatively about the team and it's chances and walk off in the middle how could you hate someone for declining to play for a country who it's heroes didn't even respect.

Come on be logical.

If it was anyone of you fellas allyuh woulda risk playing for a team in such disarray that never make the World Cup and that was earmarked to be the whipping boys. Let me answer.....Hell no.

I cyah blame them, they owe T&T nothing and if they think they should wait till that team get they act together. I really can't blame them.

JLoyd say he use to clean Yorke shoes. And seeing Yorke walk off what kind ah message that would send to perspective players abroad who only know what they read and see on TV about T&T. A bad example was set...period. And to accept before this would have been pure insanity for any Premiership player.

Just remember Yorke and Latapy done worse and said worse than those two ever did and we forgive them.

Just Leave it up to Beenie and as ah said if they happen to end up on the team.....fellas just support them. T&T have to earn respect around the world to be taken seriously and we are doing that.

nice post trinimassive!!

an the end of the day, no matter what beenie (or jack) decided, we will still support them

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2005, 08:44:14 AM »
big magician here....ah jess borrow small magician page ....MR ZAMORA ...FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2005, 08:58:58 AM »
Ah doh see what all de fuss is about.Zamora , Samuel and Warner are three dat we know.But I can assure you many more will come out of the woodworks.Many more all of ah sudden will have Trinidad parentage.This is just de beginning.It was bound to happen.Why should this take you'll by surprise ? Beenieman and the TTFF(Jack Warner) will decide.It use to happen with local sides too... where men who doh practice (Starboyz)  get play in front men who training hard...... just ask Malvern and Maple.That's why dey in their present situation.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2005, 09:05:16 AM »
zamora must not join de team.why?because the guys who stuck with us and played when needed and never complain and stay focus on germany deserve the respect from the public and coachin staff.doh bring in no zamora"think he is ah fackin saga boy" he is ah blasted cother munt faget.bringin him in will only cause ah rift in de camp.ah say b4 we doh need any negativity only positive vibes.fak zamora.I HOPE ZAMORA COULD READ THIS.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2005, 09:16:33 AM »
royal yuh know how long i saying that plenty more player will suddenly appear if we qualify
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2005, 09:17:38 AM »
just imagine it already breake up we chemistry here on de site so imagine the wagganists in de stadium when they find out one ah dey boys cyar play because of this new man.
men have no morals these days. if the team get we here this far i trust them to take us to de world cup.

like allyuh have no faith in we boys.

ps could i play 2 ;D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2005, 09:22:17 AM »
I say that after the home and away the wagonist could join we, but at this critical stage, he could be more of a distraction that an asset to the team.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2005, 09:34:58 AM »
Everybody allways pointing to what Yorke and Latas in the past as to why Zamora and J Lloyd should be allowed on the team now, but I was not on the site back then if there was one but I surely did hate on them men for their behavior.
They have now changed their behavior and attitudes, this new Capt Yorke is not the same guy of old, maybe its his last chance to do the one thing he has not done in his career, same for Latas but whatever the motivation, they have showed up to do the hard work and help TnT get to the world cup.  You have to admit that when Yorke came back it was a long shot, not so much when Latas came back but the came before we qualified.
I would love to have Zamora and J Lloyd on the team but since they dont want to help us qualify, I dont want them to play for us in the WC, I dont care if we lose every match, but they have not earned the right.
Some of allyuh men only thinking bout winning, winning isnt everyting and a good Coach doh put up with Starboy behavior, he would teach that player that no player is bigger than the team.
I would rather take Evans Wise who I am sure would have come if called than these guys.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2005, 09:49:50 AM »
Mr. Mc,
RIGHT ON; In the hour of our greatest need; we hailed out for help and support; in our desperate times those individuals failed us;  turned from us and like Judas betrayed us. As you pointed out, at the same time our 'prodigal sons' returned and parlayed their talents to  support us. So despite all the good intentions and the betterment of the team, are there not others who have made sacrifices to get the team to this point who maybe more deserving of a second chance that the two  whose names are bandied about?

P.S. to all fans and players reading these articles, let's consider the source from where all these propaganda is coming from. We do not know who is being behind this; who is paying whom to print this. Realize that part of the intent here maybe to create disharmony, upset our chemistry and distract our players. PLEASE FOLKS LET'S BE MINDFUL OF ANOTHER MENTAL TRAP!!!! LET'S STOP THE FLOW OF WHAT SEEMS TO BE ENDLESS BARBS AT WHAT WE HAVE GOING NOW.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 11:08:44 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2005, 10:06:15 AM »
Afta reading dat article dat Tallman dig out I feel less about Beenie giving Zamora a chance...I think Beenie will be wasting time looking at him right now,...we know Glen maybe messed up but he woouldnt do it again and I swear is blood in he boots fuh T&T next time he get a chance.... Zamora playing de ass.de man put we way down at de bottom of he list now he want to link up tuh paly WC and make a dvd.

I say leh Zamora hull he ass.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2005, 10:36:17 AM »
i would'nt be surprise to see Tony Warner as Jack replacement ,along with Jlloyd Samuel and Bobby Zamora on the squad for the game against Bahrain.
On another note you'll should'nt forget Zamora father,a Carenage man  has always told his son he should represent Trinidad.He has gotten plenty pounding from his father.
Finally if these boys do come and play and we make it to the World Cup ah wonder how Clinton Morrison will be feeling choosing Ireland because of grandparents instead of Trinidad.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2005, 10:40:08 AM »
MAKE HIM SIGN A CONTRACT SAYING THAT HE GO PLAY IN DE GOLD CUP AND ALL CONCACAF COMPETITIONS UNTIL HE DEAD
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

tempo

« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2005, 10:45:27 AM »
Don Leo will pick the very best side he can with the best possible players who best work together. No such thing as a waggonist player on a competative team. Zamora, Samuel, Warner et can all make a contribution whether we personally like them or not. Unless, of course, they mess up the chemistry of the team. Let's not forget how men were crying down Yorke and Latapy at the beginning of the year. The bottom line is putting together a team that will perform and Beenhakker will determine this in training and friendlies. I can't see these men being called for the Bahrain games.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2005, 10:47:27 AM »
Zamora who???

Not on my team sah  :beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

TrinInfinite

« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2005, 10:54:19 AM »
remember warner said all will be welcomed if we qualify for the world cup

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2005, 11:48:48 AM »
again, if you dont have the attitude and true desire to play for tnt, then i dont want you. we have enough strikers as is anyway.

any playing time zamora gets on the world cup will take away from jones and sealy missing excellent experience. and they are just as good as zamora.
Hart for president

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2005, 11:51:10 AM »
I'm not too much on the sentimental boat, but I simply don't think we need Zamora at this point. I think we have enough capable attacking options in Stern, Jones, Scotland, Sealy, possibly Glenn, Yorke etc.........

Unless he's a superstar, which I don't consider him to be, bringing him in, would not add much to the line-up, and at this stage, might mess up the chemistry.

In contrast to JLloyd, where we are lacking depth in naturally left sided players, I don't think Zamora is a needed weapon............
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 12:35:45 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2005, 12:29:19 PM »
yeh zamora and superstar shouldnt go in the same sentance, he scored goals at brighton well done, but we dont want him and we dont need him,. honestly who will u leave out of the squad to put him in anyway, hes not that good. my frien just told me he read it in the papers and that zamora said he wasnt ready a few months bak but he is now.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2005, 01:05:14 PM »
self interest is zamora purpose, diz all, nothin else, his father could suti up 4 de warriors, i rather take him dan zamora, he more loyal dan bobby

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2005, 01:11:51 PM »
Long time everybody know zamora is not in latas, yorke class.
It doh make sense bringin men who not as good or merely are as good as others in our current squad

However, having said that. We need to prepare for injuries, loss of form etc...
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline lp

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2005, 01:22:35 PM »
After reading the article that Tallman pulled out, my heart softened a bit but I would really question the timeing of his u turn as suspect. He really didn't say never but it was only a couple of months ago. What has so drastically happen to bring about a change in such a short space of time. Is it that we are on the verge of qualification? Surely makes you wonder.

My greatest fear about this gentleman joining the team right now has to be the effect on the chemistry of the team. I honestly believe it would be a negative one. I cannot say yeah or neah because regardless of how much we go on, the decision would be made by the powers that be.

Oh yeah.... I really hate people comparing his situation to Yorke and Latapy.... Dem fellas put in dey miles over the years. Luv them or hate them, they was always one ah we.
GO WARRIORS GO

Offline concerned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2005, 01:48:57 PM »
Let both of them Join and cap em for 5 mins in a FIFA competition...now, who else dey go play for

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2005, 02:05:10 PM »
Too much ole talk about Zamorra...

1) Some ah allyah talking like we already qualify...
2) If Zamorra score de goal against Bahrain that take us to the WC..buss open his head and run his balls off in the process...all haters go backpedal
3) Stern and Kenwyne better than Zamorra.
4) At least Zamorra eh wait til we qualify to bump his gums....de rest ah 'foreigners' still waiting...
5) If coaching staff and players to a lesser extent welcome Zamorra dat is all dat matters...our opinion doh mean sh**
6) Football is bizness...if you doh like it, doh watch it. You tink Brazil and Argentina and them does business about who make squad. It have men who does play for Brazil in de WC who never sweat in a qualifier and it have men who star in qualifiers who doh make de team in the end. No room for sentiment...If we make the Cup it have men who playing good now and bussing they ass who not making de side.

But lewwe focus on 1) first nah. Zamorra or no Zamorra

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2005, 02:11:25 PM »
supporter scotland glen jones and sealy just as good as zamora come on now lets be real

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2005, 02:35:02 PM »
Let Bobby haul he mudder c***t. If they so want a star boy on the team, ah rather put LARA .....
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

TrinInfinite

Since Samuel Gone Will Zamora b de Next Selection?
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2005, 02:09:31 PM »
I doubt he makin de team bc if glenn come back or samuel or scotland and dey buss de net, den zamora is history, jloyd samuel was de bess option, i am still disappointed with fifa on dat ruling, england are up 2 tricks again bc dey will call him up in a few years, bc he is a youth dat can play in dere future bids, real politics when yuh watch it

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Since Samuel Gone Will Zamora b de Next Selection?
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2005, 02:12:13 PM »
I doubt he makin de team bc if glenn come back or samuel or scotland and dey buss de net, den zamora is history, jloyd samuel was de bess option, i am still disappointed with fifa on dat ruling, england are up 2 tricks again bc dey will call him up in a few years, bc he is a youth dat can play in dere future bids, real politics when yuh watch it

Yuh waste ah whole thread.... as long as samuel is ineligible... zamora is as well
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

TrinInfinite

Re: Since Samuel Gone Will Zamora b de Next Selection?
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2005, 02:26:04 PM »
how? explain dat one 4 me?

1]; } ?>