April 24, 2024, 10:18:33 PM

Author Topic: How did Anton become Don Leo's understudy?  (Read 11199 times)

truetrini

Re: How did Anton become Don Leo's understudy?
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2005, 05:55:29 PM »
Anton's problem..other than who his pops is.. I recall he make every excuse..even blame the players outright after they (youth team) got trashed in the US last year..not once did anyone, including that ass for ah father he has say.. maybe ..just maybe I was outcoached.

Kinda reminds me of "the fellas can't trap a ball"..then ah good coach came in and we in WC now...

I may be mistaken, or maybe I misundersttod your post Jumbie. Bit I think it was Alvin who made all teh excuses and blamed the players' pedigree.  Not Anton???

Am i wrong?

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2005, 05:59:21 PM »
Anton's problem..other than who his pops is.. I recall he make every excuse..even blame the players outright after they (youth team) got trashed in the US last year..not once did anyone, including that ass for ah father he has say.. maybe ..just maybe I was outcoached.

Kinda reminds me of "the fellas can't trap a ball"..then ah good coach came in and we in WC now...

I may be mistaken, or maybe I misundersttod your post Jumbie. Bit I think it was Alvin who made all teh excuses and blamed the players' pedigree.  Not Anton???

Am i wrong?

Maybe I'm the one that's worng? It's hard to tell the difference from one corneal to the next... I HAVE to ask.. is Anton your school buddy, pumkin vine, horn chile...etc? Or you just like the man as a coach. You seem to defend him with as much passion.. that you blast Mr. Warner.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2005, 06:02:16 PM »
They talked about having Leo doing seminars for our local coaches when he first came but it seems that has been scrapped and this is the alternative?

It really would be a waste if at the end of it all he leaves with all his experience and none is passed on.

It is a good move giving someone who will be around T&T football teams in the future some experience.  Most likely his position as Youth TD would have played a role in the choice AMONGST other things/people.  Choosing someone who will be more than a coach might be the reason.

Anyone know which of the local coaches are doing all the certification programs and looking to develop themselves?  Coaching talent is one thing but it is also a science...especially with the youth.

I didn't see anything where Leo talked about it....only JW's words.
Maybe he not on the seminar and teaching business.

Fervier is the only name I could come up with though I am sure there are many others.  Haven't heard anyone list them out though.   ???

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2005, 06:09:59 PM »
I'm not a fan of Anton, because I was around all ah dem in de coaching school, an meh experience wasn't a nice one. However, I'm no player hater, an do wish him all de best. I'm satisfied with him there, because Beenie made dat choice, an ah have full confidence in de coach. I'm sure Beenie must have seen something in him, dat none of us have seen.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

truetrini

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2005, 06:10:26 PM »

Am i wrong?

Maybe I'm the one that's worng? It's hard to tell the difference from one corneal to the next... I HAVE to ask.. is Anton your school buddy, pumkin vine, horn chile...etc? Or you just like the man as a coach. You seem to defend him with as much passion.. that you blast Mr. Warner.

i am not defending the man at all.  I asked for a short list of names.  He is a local and I believe a local should be the under study thats all.

I also ahppent o think he is a good coach and knows football.

The TD said he was going to establish training for local coaches so i feel that is appropriate.
If you or anyone else can suggest a more worthy nominee..do so.

f**k jack warner.

The seminars for local coaches is going to happen from all appearances DCS...the understudy will serve during the wc and beyond

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2005, 06:11:51 PM »
Wha alyuh worrying bout?

Anton just going and hold the fort for 2.5-3 years because the Govnt will not be paying he salary and the TTFF need a coach cheap.
He go get a email once a month from Beenie and he go attend some coaching clinic and beef up he resume.
He was on Total football the other day saying he now come from a big coaching course and he lorse weight cause he was running on the field everyday.

When we reach semifinal rounds again.......because we will be seeded and will not have to play them prelim home and away game, we will do the regular...fire he tail via email or telephone citing he ent ready and bring in Beenhaker againt, Hiddink, Van Basten, Scolari or some other big coach for a few million US to take we to the end of the Hex.

You really feel Anton going and be a TT coach for 4 years right tru to 2010 SA. !! That go only happen when pig fly and cock get teeth.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2005, 06:13:21 PM »
touches have ah good point dey :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
Re: Question- How did Anton Become Don LEO understudy
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2005, 06:13:25 PM »

i really shouldnt comment on dis cuz dis man is D son of ALVIN CORNEAL who is in my opnion de understudy of Nahkid cuz d both a dem does make LEVEL trouble... so best i not express how ah go feel fuh d man son...

If you have no opinion regarding this matter, why d ass yuh post then? It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're a fool than to open it and confirm their suspicions.

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2005, 06:15:19 PM »
Friends- How did Anton Corneal become Leo's understudy ?
1- Was it a TTFF recommendation
2- Was it a Jack Warner directive
3 Did Leo choose Anton.

Now I am not against a local understudying  LEO, actually it is great for T&T football. My Question is how Anton got that cherry.

Doh make sense to me. I would like to see someone with more credibility be assigned that position.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2005, 06:29:34 PM »
People askin for local names....I'll toss some around.

Stuart Charles - W Connection - St Lucia

James McLean - NE Stars - Guyana

Clayton Morris - T&T Futsal team - T&T

Bertille St Clair - St Clair Coaching School - &T  ;D

Russell Latapy - Falkirk - T&T

Jamal Shabazz - Caledonia AIA Fire - T&T

Terry Fenwick - Jabloteh - England

Crab Connection coach (me eh know who it is but from what I hearin home...dem playin real ball)

« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 06:34:21 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

truetrini

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2005, 06:34:14 PM »
yuh name too locals dey.

I mean T&T born and based.

Now ah real like de Latapy name.

He also stated that he wanted to coach..he may be the main man.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2005, 06:36:56 PM »
yuh name too locals dey.

Why they have to be T&T born?  If they consistently based in T&T and gettin results...should not that be enough?  Stuart Charles is an excellent example.

truetrini

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2005, 06:38:26 PM »
yuh name too locals dey.

Why they have to be T&T born?  If they consistently based in T&T and gettin results...should not that be enough?  Stuart Charles is an excellent example.

True, but I eh on de Fenwick  or dat BIG shit hound talibandit Shabazz

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2005, 06:51:14 PM »
Palos I not feeling any local coach for TT

why because they shitty........and suffering from not accustommed. The TT team has outgrown all the local coaches and we must look at the big picture.

We are now a WC team, we must maintain this standard and we must get better.

Why should we hamper the development of our football team by giving a local man a wuk if he is incapable of the job.

None of the local coaches are capable because it is more than just tactics that is needed. It is a networking thing you have to have partners in the football world. You have to have people who fear and respect you in the football world. You have to have connections to resources, scouts, tapes etc.

Look at Beenie he tell the Mexicans and them to f**k off in SPanish and we train normal on they field when they try to run us. But previous coaches had we training on field with bottle and goat and gettin manners in a setta small island.

What local coach have any of them things?

What local coach could talk more than 2-3 languages to help with communication when we play our opponents.

The only people who remotley close to that are Latapy,Yorke and Nahkid because they have spent over 15 years in a professional football environment abroad and have played with and among the best. They have the practical skills and experience that the local coaches doe have.

Also there is a thing called respect and ego and we have plenty of it down here. You think a man coaching PFL could tell one of we Starboy strikers how to run, how to turn or tactics when he himself never grace or smell a European training facility. WHy yuh think Najaar was scorned by the players.

We are not experts in the field of football and for us to improve we need to bring in experts to train and coach us. Trying to learn by ourselves has resulted in failure and we tired experience that.

Also look at some of them coaches......one used to run to Hospital in lilleshall each time he reach England.

Another is a terrorist and cyar step foot on US soil as he get lock up in jail they. Given the fact that nearly every team we play in the Hex we had to pass tru Miami, what the point having a coach who cyar travel with the side and is a flight risk.

The next one pelting elbow at man  and have a poor record in his homeland......why yuh feel he snug down here.

TT football has outgrown all these men and its up to the younger coaches  to improve themselves and keep up with football and earn the right to coach a WC team.

The locals ent good enough, and I doe think the TT national WC team is the vehicle that should be used to beef up anybody resume.

Come with the experience, come with the skills and strategy and implement. We ent want no hands on learning by feeling approach.

Yuh musnt send jackass to run horse race.

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2005, 06:53:42 PM »
well yes you have a point that i didnt start off very intelligently however maybe if u wouldnt be a f**kin jumbie and actually read anyone else who posted before you yourself posted you wouldnt have to have anyone else explain to why he is credible especially since touches who is about two posts up from you gave the best put reasoning to it...so doh be so quick to jumbie man yuh jackass

whatever panty man! This have nuttin to do with Touches and his report. Also, try using a punctuation....i cyan understand one flick ya trying to say.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 06:58:11 PM by BigToe »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2005, 07:00:37 PM »
Another point to think about.

Of the teams that have qualified for the WC....how many of them using a local coach?

Look at past Wcs and make an assessment.

In concacaf alone only USA use a local before they had Mulitinovich.

Mexico have a Argentine, Costa Rica have a Brazilian born, we have a Dutch.

Jamaica had a Brazilian. Korea had Dutch, England have a Swedish.

The point I am making is that only traditional football superpowers use local coaches. Brazil, italy, germany, Argentina, Holland etc. All these countries have strong traditions and very good domestic leagues. The rest get their coaches from these countries.

Why reinvent the wheel, when it has already been perfected.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2005, 07:06:40 PM »
Palos I not feeling any local coach for TT

why because they shitty........and suffering from not accustommed. The TT team has outgrown all the local coaches and we must look at the big picture.

We are now a WC team, we must maintain this standard and we must get better.

Why should we hamper the development of our football team by giving a local man a wuk if he is incapable of the job.

None of the local coaches are capable because it is more than just tactics that is needed. It is a networking thing you have to have partners in the football world. You have to have people who fear and respect you in the football world. You have to have connections to resources, scouts, tapes etc.

Look at Beenie he tell the Mexicans and them to f**k off in SPanish and we train normal on they field when they try to run us. But previous coaches had we training on field with bottle and goat and gettin manners in a setta small island.

What local coach have any of them things?

What local coach could talk more than 2-3 languages to help with communication when we play our opponents.

The only people who remotley close to that are Latapy,Yorke and Nahkid because they have spent over 15 years in a professional football environment abroad and have played with and among the best. They have the practical skills and experience that the local coaches doe have.

Also there is a thing called respect and ego and we have plenty of it down here. You think a man coaching PFL could tell one of we Starboy strikers how to run, how to turn or tactics when he himself never grace or smell a European training facility. WHy yuh think Najaar was scorned by the players.

We are not experts in the field of football and for us to improve we need to bring in experts to train and coach us. Trying to learn by ourselves has resulted in failure and we tired experience that.

Also look at some of them coaches......one used to run to Hospital in lilleshall each time he reach England.

Another is a terrorist and cyar step foot on US soil as he get lock up in jail they. Given the fact that nearly every team we play in the Hex we had to pass tru Miami, what the point having a coach who cyar travel with the side and is a flight risk.

The next one pelting elbow at man  and have a poor record in his homeland......why yuh feel he snug down here.

TT football has outgrown all these men and its up to the younger coaches  to improve themselves and keep up with football and earn the right to coach a WC team.

The locals ent good enough, and I doe think the TT national WC team is the vehicle that should be used to beef up anybody resume.

Come with the experience, come with the skills and strategy and implement. We ent want no hands on learning by feeling approach.

Yuh musnt send jackass to run horse race.

Ah hearin yuh loud & clear bredda Touches.

BUT

I eh know of a nex NAME foreign coach who will come T&T to UNDERSTUDY Beenie fuh 7 months wit de idea of takin over de national team.

What is important to me is that we utilise the opportunity while Beenie is here to garner as much knowledge as we can.  Because we may not YET be ready, doesn't mean that we incapable of bein ready in de future.  I think it is a positive step to have a local based coach (or coaches) work closely with Beenie.  That person needs to be the correct individual for the position because to my mind, it is not just about being the POSSIBLE future coach of T&T, but also, and maybe more importantly, to PASS ON THE KNOWLEDGE GAINED UNDER BEENIE TO OTHER COACHES FOR THE OVERALL DEVELOPMENT OF LOCAL FOOTBALL.

This is where our TD Mr. Phillips will play a crucial role in organizing coaching seminars etc so we can have a structured environment for our football to follow and build upon.

Companies do it all the time.  Four Seasons Hotels opened in Nevis years ago but a condition of the licence given to Four Seasons was that they had to train local managers so that one day, they too could assume the mantle to the benefit of the country at large.  I think it is right and proper that we do so.  The challenge, as it always is, is to get the right personnel for the task.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2005, 07:14:50 PM »
Palos I go pelt one local coach into the mix.........Dion La Foucade. He have the qualifications, he young and he bright.

If a man is good enough to be the Youth Team coach at AC Milan.....then whats TT national side.

But we know why he lorse he under 17 wuk because he ent pick a certain player on he squad.

But in terms of bright prospects he woulda be a good man for the job.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2005, 07:20:52 PM »
Palos I go pelt one local coach into the mix.........Dion La Foucade. He have the qualifications, he young and he bright.

If a man is good enough to be the Youth Team coach at AC Milan.....then whats TT national side.

But we know why he lorse he under 17 wuk because he ent pick a certain player on he squad.

But in terms of bright prospects he woulda be a good man for the job.

I was definitely thinking about Dion but that excellent point you raised about respect from our foreign based pros etc would hold just as much, if not more for him.  It's a difficult situation no doubt.....but who is going to be the right person for the job? 

Myself, I would have chosen Stuart Charles.  He did a decent job with the team when he had them.  Many of our pros already know him having been either under his charge at some point in time or played with him as a player (Yorke, Latas, Shaka etc).  He has consistently done well with W Connection and I don't believe the "respect" issue will be much of a factor in his case.

Failing Stuart Charles, my other choice would have been Latas.  The biggest thing going against Latas right now is that he is currently a member of the squad and it does not seem as if Beenie's philosophy includes a player/coach.  Other than that...Latas would have been as good a candidate as Stuartie for me.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2005, 07:34:33 PM »
My understanding was that Anton Corneal was the Technical Director for the development of  Youth Football in the country,i guess that would be one of the reasons for him understudying Benie,it does not mean he is going to take over as Coach of the senior team,it's to better prepare him for the position he has.

I've seen the US use a mixture of Local and Foreign coaches over the years and they are quite successfull with it,so no one can tell me it can't work.All i'm hearing about is the Snr team,are we bringing in Foreign coaches you our Youth teams too?because the consensus is that our local coaches are no good,which is something that i will never support,i think if our coaches are exposed to high level Football on a regular basis they will do very well,the mentality will always be Foreign is better.(opinion)

No one pays any attention to our women's team,when are they going to get a foreign Coach,from what i'm seeing like we don't have any Coach that can coach women,Shabazz having a good time with the national team because there is no one to replace him and that going on for years,no one takes on the results when our women plays because we know what to expect.The same person coaches all our Women national teams.  

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2005, 07:39:52 PM »
No one pays any attention to our women's team,when are they going to get a foreign Coach,from what i'm seeing like we don't have any Coach that can coach women,Shabazz having a good time with the national team because there is no one to replace him and that going on for years,no one takes on the results when our women plays because we know what to expect.The same person coaches all our Women national teams.  

Could it possibly be that not many in T&T are interested in coaching Women's teams?  I really don't know what the situation is home but I have spoken to a few coaches (not in Trini) and their opinion of Women's Football is normally not complimentary.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2005, 08:16:46 PM »

Could it possibly be that not many in T&T are interested in coaching Women's teams?  I really don't know what the situation is home but I have spoken to a few coaches (not in Trini) and their opinion of Women's Football is normally not complimentary.
The reason why their opinion of women's  Football is normally not complimentary is because their expectations are too high and expect to see the quality of women Football the same as men.

If you want to appreciate women's Football you have to take your expectations down some notches,a lot of coaches have problems with it because you have to understand women Footballers to coach them,i will not get into it but it's a whole different world of Football you are getting yourself into,so you find coaches rather just don't get involved.

I've coached and still do coach a lot of girls and women teams out here and very succesfull with them and i can say i rather coach them any day than men,their main problems are their technical skills and play at a slower pace than men do.       
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 08:20:25 PM by Coop's »

Offline gtokyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2005, 08:19:18 PM »
I definately SUPPORT Anton as ONE of the UNDERSTUDIES...Having trained underhim in those early days at Carib grounds in Champ Fleur.  I could definately say in Youth Development, he is very communicative.   He is also very motivating...He is not d type guy dat go cry yuh down if yuh do shit..He always looking for you to bring out your best.  Not like another fella like D late Roderick Warner...use to real CRY DOWN MAN for nothing dread.  I still cant understand how he was D national coach of Trinidad.    Anyway as a QRC man...I supporting a FATIMA man....ANTON....vibes it up ;D

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2005, 08:30:46 PM »
The reason why their opinion of women's  Football is normally not complimentary is because their expectations are too high and expect to see the quality of women Football the same as men.

If you want to appreciate women's Football you have to take your expectations down some notches,a lot of coaches have problems with it because you have to understand women Footballers to coach them,i will not get into it but it's a whole different world of Football you are getting yourself into,so you find coaches rather just don't get involved.

I've coached and still do coach a lot of girls and women teams out here and very succesfull with them and i can say i rather coach them any day than men,their main problems are their technical skills and play at a slower pace than men do.       

Thanx Coop's.  Do you believe our coaches home in general have that mindset you spoke of?  If they don't perhaps it may explain why only Jamal Shabazz is coaching all the women's national teams.  It could also be that those in charge of football in T&T and who decide who coaches who may not have that required mindset.  Maybe a combination of both.

I look at Rene Simoes.  A man who led Jamaica to a world cup berth.  Also a man who had the necessary "mindset" to coach the Brazilian women's football team.  How many Rene Simoes' are there in T&T?  Is it that a coach would coach anyone as long as he/she gets to be employed?  Have you perhaps considered being a coach for T&T women's teams at any level?  Would that be practical for you in terms of where you live now etc?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2005, 09:29:28 PM »

Thanx Coop's.  Do you believe our coaches home in general have that mindset you spoke of?  If they don't perhaps it may explain why only Jamal Shabazz is coaching all the women's national teams.  It could also be that those in charge of football in T&T and who decide who coaches who may not have that required mindset.  Maybe a combination of both.

I look at Rene Simoes.  A man who led Jamaica to a world cup berth.  Also a man who had the necessary "mindset" to coach the Brazilian women's football team.  How many Rene Simoes' are there in T&T?  Is it that a coach would coach anyone as long as he/she gets to be employed?  Have you perhaps considered being a coach for T&T women's teams at any level?  Would that be practical for you in terms of where you live now etc?
I have been following Women's Football in T&T and then the US since i came here for some time now, especially as i had a daughter on our national team at one time.

The coaches i can remember we had were Roby Greenidge,Dexter Skeene,Anton Corneal and now Jamaal Shabazz.

What you are saying is right our coaches don't have the "mindset"to coach Women's Football in T&T,you just can't employ a coach and say go and coach women if he don't have the experience,it really explains why Jamaal does it all.

I have spoken with Dr Iva Glouden on many occasions concerning Women's Football,at one time our national team was offered to do a week Camp with my Company but it just did not materialise.Her mindset is good but the same problems the men's team does have it's about five times harder for women,she can't do anything without Jack Warner and women Football is not a big priority for the TTFF.

If i have to coach in T&T again i would really like to be involved with Women because i think i have the "mindset" for it.I've cosidered it many times when i look at our national teams play,i coach these girls out here and know what it takes,but Football at home is not encourageing where employment is concern.(Coach) If i'm offered a position at home i'll accept because home is where i want to be.

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2005, 09:32:28 PM »
doh put all the eggs in one basket.

ttff should have not one but,two understudy coaches.

this board is the best.like andre say.

ah love it.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2005, 10:03:17 PM »
The seminars for local coaches is going to happen from all appearances DCS...the understudy will serve during the wc and beyond
Well that is the best news since qualifying.

I want people to count up how many national teams we have and the number of coaches needed for all those positions.
Then draw up a budget for employing foreign coaches to fill all those positions.

Fact is, local coaches are going to be coaching our players at some of the most crucial age levels.

While there is a certain eye for the game a coach must have...natural affinity for the position based on past experiences, I don't think it's black magic.
If you give people the proper training and exposure they will at the very least be competent.
If yuh check I don't believe Leo was any big time player...he is a student of the game.

I don't know much about Anton Corneal but I'm sure he is no fool and will learn from Leo.  The man is TD for the youth program.  I cud understand arguing for a different person like Fervier but it does not hurt in anyway to have Anton deputising.....unless he just not ready but in that case he should not be Youth TD either.

Now yuh hadda wonder if Nahkid didn't cuss the waitress if he woulda be the Assistant Coach  :thinking:         Nahhh   :shameonyou:

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2005, 10:52:55 PM »
I've read now why & how this has happend.
Theo got replaced with Anton Corneal ?
The TTFF had demanded Leo to bring in now a Trinidadian coach, this with the development of football in T&T in mind. Leo finds the national coach of players under 20 a good candidate so unfortunatly he had to thank Theo for his services. 
Well that's how Don LEo has explained it in dutch press.

so what was the story of another dutchman coming in ?

Voetbal: Beenhakker bedankt assistent De Jong

PORT OF SPAIN (ANP) - Leo Beenhakker heeft Theo de Jong bedankt als assistent-bondscoach van Trinidad en Tobago dat over zeven maanden deelneemt aan de eindronde van het wereldkampioenschap voetbal. De Nederlandse bondscoach neemt in zijn plaats een trainer van Trinidad mee naar Duitsland. Wim Rijsbergen heeft hij wel gehandhaafd in zijn staf. Theo de Jong sprak maandagavond voor de NOS Radio zijn teleurstelling uit over zijn ontslag. ,,Het was wel even slikken'', zei de oud-international, ,,leuk was de mededeling niet. We hadden nog afgesproken dat we met zijn drieën zouden doorgaan als we met het elftal van Trinidad zou winnen van Bahrein.''
Leo Beenhakker legde uit hoe het was gegaan. ,,De bond heeft mij het verzoek gedaan om een van hun eigen coaches in de staf op te nemen met het oog op de ontwikkeling van het voetbal in het land. Die man zou geweldige ervaring op kunnen doen. De coach van het nationale jeugdelftal onder twintig is wel een geschikt iemand. Ik moest daarna een keus maken. Helaas heb ik moeten besluiten Theo de Jong te bedanken.
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2005, 11:08:00 PM »
Like Touches said, we have no need to bring a big time foreign coach until 2009 semi-final WCQ rounds so let's just bring back Fervier after the World Cup to handle the senior team through the next set of friendlies, Digicel etc.  In the meantime Anton can digest some good knowledge and tactics from Beenie and then maybe go on to coach U-23 for the 2008 Olympic qualifiers.  I think it would be another fantastic accomplishment for T&T to qualify for our first football Olympics but Jack or Gov't ent paying for no big time foreign coach for this.  Instead of focusing on the failure of the U-17 team, why not let Corneal improve his coaching abilities 100% by learning from Beenie and maybe the results will be much improved next time.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2005, 02:12:51 AM »
I definately SUPPORT Anton as ONE of the UNDERSTUDIES...Having trained underhim in those early days at Carib grounds in Champ Fleur.  I could definately say in Youth Development, he is very communicative.   He is also very motivating...He is not d type guy dat go cry yuh down if yuh do shit..He always looking for you to bring out your best.  Not like another fella like D late Roderick Warner...use to real CRY DOWN MAN for nothing dread.  I still cant understand how he was D national coach of Trinidad.    Anyway as a QRC man...I supporting a FATIMA man....ANTON....vibes it up ;D

gtokyo, what shit yuh talking about Roderick Warner fighting down men?  because yuh was a non player and must be get clout up in PE class?  Steups...

Roderick Warner was one KNOWLEDGEABLE coach brodder man.  Trust me on that one.  I played under many local coaches from schoolboy level to National U-17 level (men like Warner, Jean Lillywhite, "Eggs" Alexis, Jimmy Blanc, Ken Butcher, Grovsner, Hayden Martin, Grayson from Arima) and Warner was as considerably better or better than all of them from a knowledge and experience standpoint.  Communication wise Warner used to have men cracking up as he would use humour to pass messages.  So if yuh is shit expect to get some pong from him, but not in a cry down disrespectful way atall.

1]; } ?>