April 19, 2024, 12:28:56 PM

Author Topic: How did Anton become Don Leo's understudy?  (Read 11170 times)

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
Re: How did Anton become Don Leo's understudy?
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2005, 02:42:05 AM »

so what was the story of another dutchman coming in ?

I heard that too! A replacement for De Jong's departure.

I can't see Beenie giving in to the demands of the TTFF.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 02:45:30 AM by BigToe »

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2005, 05:52:39 AM »
Thank You Jayyouth for being fair and Just. Roderick Warner was a very good coach who was a great motivator.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2005, 06:05:38 AM »
Roderick Warner was the most experienced coach in TT  up to the time of his murder (RIP).
He was a man that said it as he saw it and most importantly he was not afraid of who he said it too.

Anton is quite a likeable man, who like his father is still contributing to the trini game , even with all the detractors.
I am glad he is given this opportunity , because I think he is the brightest of all the young coachs on offer and know that TT will only benefit from.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2005, 06:19:37 AM »
I just doh understand how them just throw Clayton Morris off the map so...he shoulda at least be in line for something like this...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2005, 06:36:28 AM »

so what was the story of another dutchman coming in ?

I heard that too! A replacement for De Jong's departure.

I can't see Beenie giving in to the demands of the TTFF.

Well I guess quite easy since Beenie always had said that because of a lack of time he had to bring in his own assistents. That the time pressure isn't such an issue anymore.
Theo was a bit emotional on dutch radio, perhaps Tallman or Flex can send him a T&TWarriors.NET shirt ?
If needed setup a paypall account.
I dunno but I think he must have worked hard, he was still part of a dream team..
 & to miss the WC twice first as an assistence of A. Haan in China and now in T&T must be a bit of a blow.

So are we going to send him something or not ?

btw: I really donno the fellow
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2005, 07:13:20 AM »
 Anton is the UNder 20 coach so this is a good thing

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2005, 07:41:50 AM »
I agree this way the youth of the nation get the right fundamentals.... Just getting them ready for 2010
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2005, 09:19:42 AM »
Palos I go pelt one local coach into the mix.........Dion La Foucade. He have the qualifications, he young and he bright.

If a man is good enough to be the Youth Team coach at AC Milan.....then whats TT national side.

But we know why he lorse he under 17 wuk because he ent pick a certain player on he squad.

But in terms of bright prospects he woulda be a good man for the job.

Yeah boy ... steups de man eh pick me yes.... how allyuh find out bout that?? ah was sour!!!

oh wait allyuh talking bout the 2001 side??
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2005, 09:21:38 AM »
Not all coaches work their way up the ladder regarding national teams..scolari only coached club teams b4 taking over Brazil national team. As for Corneal, i was surprised that he was selected but so far beenie hasn't made a bad step yet..so i have no reason to doubt Beenie's choice of Corneal.

/quote]

What club teams Scolari coached?  tell me that?  BIG TEAMS BOSS.  Not no second and third division teams.  That there give him pedigree.  And ah sure he win some titles with them club teams too.

He coach clubs in Brazil that won but how many Brazilian coaches are respected for their successes in Brazil..i am not scolari is not good..he is very good but my point is he never coached any other international team prior to Brazil and your point is Corneal is not qualified to coach because he has never coached a senior national team.

Since corneal is not good enough according to u..suggest someone for the job.

Boss, yuh know the magnitude of coaching Brazil.  Rethink yuh statement.  Brazilian coaches are respected worldwide.  Doh get tie up now.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2005, 09:23:56 AM »
Roderick Warner was the most experienced coach in TT up to the time of his murder (RIP).
He was a man that said it as he saw it and most importantly he was not afraid of who he said it too.

Anton is quite a likeable man, who like his father is still contributing to the trini game , even with all the detractors.
I am glad he is given this opportunity , because I think he is the brightest of all the young coachs on offer and know that TT will only benefit from.

Ah keep saying Jamaal Shabazz could work well under Beenie.  De man have potential.

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2005, 09:34:33 AM »
Fellas,
You all dont realize, but as TNT has now qualified the confusion will now start. It is my opinion, that everyman jack in trinidad football now want "their player" to make the squad. the Corneals and them also have thier personal interests, and as jack warner friends Anton can now lobby for his players to get to play in the world cup. what that would mean for corneal is contracts for players he represents and therefore a big payday. dont get it twisted. trini football like any other industry is mafia and mafia activity usually involves trying to make huge sums of money..ALWAYS at the expense of Trinidad and Tobago. So for a man, who just run some camps in the US and never won or developed any program in the US I find it hard to believe it is for him to carry on a legacy.  And also, if alyuh men know about Alvin Corneal you would know that that move is not in the best interest of Trinidad football cause he would "kill" a players career, if the player did not sign for him to be his agent.

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2005, 09:44:35 AM »
Fellas,
You all dont realize, but as TNT has now qualified the confusion will now start. It is my opinion, that everyman jack in trinidad football now want "their player" to make the squad. the Corneals and them also have thier personal interests, and as jack warner friends Anton can now lobby for his players to get to play in the world cup. what that would mean for corneal is contracts for players he represents and therefore a big payday. dont get it twisted. trini football like any other industry is mafia and mafia activity usually involves trying to make huge sums of money..ALWAYS at the expense of Trinidad and Tobago. So for a man, who just run some camps in the US and never won or developed any program in the US I find it hard to believe it is for him to carry on a legacy.  And also, if alyuh men know about Alvin Corneal you would know that that move is not in the best interest of Trinidad football cause he would "kill" a players career, if the player did not sign for him to be his agent.

I think this is not respecting Don Leo.
He and nobody else will make the team.
1st man is Don Leo
2th man is Wim
..........big gap
Anton

So yes Anton can try to push a certain player but if they see anyone better it would not happen.
I don't think he would really be so stupid to do that.
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2005, 12:16:00 PM »
sorry
yuh just forget to main things that always take the forefront in trini

1.politics
2.jack warner.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2005, 01:07:50 PM »
Anton is the UNder 20 coach so this is a good thing

this is so true.  the u-20 coach anton, La fu, ron la whoever, should be on the Sr team staff-part time, full time.  U-17 coach should be there also.  We want the younger players to understand the sr team system and set up so it will be easier for them to make the jump.  all the teams should be using the same philosophy, structure.

Now should Anton  Corneal be u-20 coach- boy let me leave that one.  Beenie ok with it so it can't be that bad of a decision-i hope more men get the chance to work under the dutchman.
i like the La fou idea-young and hungry to learn.  he thirsty for knowledge.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2005, 03:05:28 PM »
Lets make some sense off this thing,what's the criteria for selecting Coaches for our national teams,are they screened,is it qualifications,is it experience,i've always wondered how they come across deciding on who should be Senior or Junior Coach.In my time we did not have to apply it went on track record,i think now it's resume`etc.

I don't really like talking about other Coaches because i'm one myself,but these guys you all talking about,what's their experience and record coaching at the senior level Football.

I know La Foucade coaching his Coaching school from day one,has done every coaching Course there is,has he coached any school,club etc what experience does he have at that level.

Ron Laforest experience player,worked and successfull with schools and clubs,assisted at the international level every national team Coach we had , not sure about qualifications(courses).

Jamal Shabaz the little i know is this, played/coach college,coach club/Snr and Jnr national Womens teams,done every coaching course in T&T,our most experienced Womens Coach.Does not have a good track record.

These guys are some of the best our country has,but they will not be able to make it on there own,they need help,Football is a team game and we need to have a team of our best Coaches working together with Lincoln to improve our Football,the problem with our Coaches is that everybody does their own thing,that might be good for home but will not work in the world of Football today.     

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2005, 03:25:19 PM »
man i honestly can't remember the last time local coaches come together put their differences aside, unify towards improving TT football.  It would be a lovely thing to see. 

-Alvin don't like BSC
-BSC don't like anybody- he want to be the lone ranger. for him to work with or under anyone is putting the cart in front of the horse.
-Alvin must be pushing anton who guilty by association with his father that no one seems to like(i think alvin a decent coach)  :devil:
-La fou not getting another job while Jack around and Jack is the bossman
this one don't like the other etc blah blah
-For years is bitterness and bad mind amongst SSFL coaches.
all kiinda stupidness going on and our football suffering, everybody need to forget the past and look forward.  maybe forget all them older haeds and bring out a new, young and less stubborn crop.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2005, 03:45:13 PM »
man i honestly can't remember the last time local coaches come together put their differences aside, unify towards improving TT football.  It would be a lovely thing to see. 

-Alvin don't like BSC
-BSC don't like anybody- he want to be the lone ranger. for him to work with or under anyone is putting the cart in front of the horse.
-Alvin must be pushing anton who guilty by association with his father that no one seems to like(i think alvin a decent coach)  :devil:
-La fou not getting another job while Jack around and Jack is the bossman
this one don't like the other etc blah blah
-For years is bitterness and bad mind amongst SSFL coaches.
all kiinda stupidness going on and our football suffering, everybody need to forget the past and look forward.  maybe forget all them older haeds and bring out a new, young and less stubborn crop.

I totally agree with you,i just don't know what is our problem,no one man could do it i don't care how good he is,Benie brought his own assistants because he can trust them,they will do what he says.

If Lincoln,Benie etc don't get good people around them willing to work with them,they can't be succesfull,the people behind the scenes are very essential to any succesfull Coach,i don't think any other Coach got the support that Benie got which helped quite a lot.

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2005, 06:25:22 PM »
Fellas,

I enjoy reading the threads and will only contribute when I know facts and not heresay, and also from personal experience. By doing this I add validility to my comments.
I know for a fact that over the years Anton was the Director of Coaching for the PSA Stars in High Point NC, and also conducted several coaches courses as well as developed a few successful programs at the high school and college level throughout the US. The man is and has accomplished a high level of certification in the sport and despite not being one of my favorite players to have worn the RED WHITE and BLACK colors, is by far one of our most qualified coaches. His appointment of national coaching duties was offered to him by Jack Warner himself, and as testament to his ability he was the one to have choosen Beenie.
Anton was selected as Beenie's assistant based on his experience at youth level, his certifications in the coaching field which includes the top level FA license, etc etc and based on Beenie's choosing.
We will have many opportunities for the Clayton Morris, Leonson Lewis, etc etc to demonstrate there level at coaching, for the plan is to build and provide from the younger age groups throughout the country, this will occupy several teams in various districts. Believe me someone will have to conduct the neccessary coaches courses, clinics,  and Anton is a good candidate for such a role.

Offline gtokyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2005, 02:25:06 AM »
JAHYOUTH I found  your post to be full of passion.  I commend you  on that.   As you stated, your experience with Mr.Warner amongst several other coaches in your post was instrumental in your growth and development.  I would even go further to add as your post suggest that Mr.Warner was a mentor of soughts to you.
Having said that, I would like to add that different coaches have different ways of communicating and how they approach situations as I am sure you can vouch.  So just how you have accolades for Mr.Warner, I have for Mr.Corneal.  As the saying goes, different strokes for different folks. With that in mind, I will continue to endorse Mr.Corneal. 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 04:17:20 AM by gtokyo »

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2005, 10:07:35 AM »
JAHYOUTH I found  your post to be full of passion.  I commend you  on that.   As you stated, your experience with Mr.Warner amongst several other coaches in your post was instrumental in your growth and development.  I would even go further to add as your post suggest that Mr.Warner was a mentor of soughts to you.
Having said that, I would like to add that different coaches have different ways of communicating and how they approach situations as I am sure you can vouch.  So just how you have accolades for Mr.Warner, I have for Mr.Corneal.  As the saying goes, different strokes for different folks. With that in mind, I will continue to endorse Mr.Corneal. 

Yes gtokyo my post about Roderick Warner was full of passion.  Why?  Because I (as well as many others on the board as you see with the responses that you got) do not take kindly to people talking badly about others where there is no reason to.  Warner is dead, and died under grusome circumstances.  It was a very untimely death and a great resource of Trinidad football went with him that fateful night.  Say what you want about Roderick, he ALWAYS had the peoples' support.  ALWAYS.  They used to call him "Teach" up in Biche because of his knowledge of the game, and respect in the wider community.  The same, sad to say, cannot be said about Alvin Corneal.  He may have a lot of knowledge of the game, but the respect of the people, the man in the street, is something that he will never have due to his "knowitall better that thou" attitude, favouritism, and playing politricks with football when Trinidad and Tobago deserves much more than that.

So you are fully within your rights to "endorse" Alvin Corneal.  But at the same time, please refrain from tearing down a man who does not deserve it.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 10:18:20 AM by Jahyouth »

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2005, 03:37:45 PM »

Yes gtokyo my post about Roderick Warner was full of passion.  Why?  Because I (as well as many others on the board as you see with the responses that you got) do not take kindly to people talking badly about others where there is no reason to.  Warner is dead, and died under grusome circumstances.  It was a very untimely death and a great resource of Trinidad football went with him that fateful night.  Say what you want about Roderick, he ALWAYS had the peoples' support.  ALWAYS.  They used to call him "Teach" up in Biche because of his knowledge of the game, and respect in the wider community.  The same, sad to say, cannot be said about Alvin Corneal.  He may have a lot of knowledge of the game, but the respect of the people, the man in the street, is something that he will never have due to his "knowitall better that thou" attitude, favouritism, and playing politricks with football when Trinidad and Tobago deserves much more than that.

So you are fully within your rights to "endorse" Alvin Corneal.  But at the same time, please refrain from tearing down a man who does not deserve it.

Who's right? Different people have different experiences with different coaches. I can't say I know him personally, but some comments he made regarding some players from 'bago had given me a different opinion of him than Jahyouth had. So there would always be these differences in opinion.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 03:41:24 PM by doc »
Live large and prosper!

truetrini

« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2005, 05:15:33 PM »

Please try to remember we NOT talking about Alvin is Anton..who happens to be fine man too.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
July 10th 2006
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2005, 09:58:47 PM »
While we are basking and revelling in our fortunes at having made WC 2006 it seems that little thought is being placed as to what happens comes July 10th, 2006. Beenie has indicated that he won't be around after the world cup. Jack Warner has said that he has acheived his goal. The TTFA has made littleheadway into revamping football at home. The only thing they have done is to appoint Anton Corneal Asst. Coach.
Is this indicative of the direction that TnT's football is headed? Is Mr. Corneal being groomed to take over from Mr. Beenhaaker? If he does take over the senior team does he have the competency to coach at that level? After all look how poorly the youth teams he commanded have done.
It seems as if the old boy network that has held TnT's football in the doldrums for all these years is once again rearing its head.
Wha allyuh think?

TrinInfinite

« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2005, 11:30:46 PM »
i agree wit u, SH should have gotten dat post, he is a much better coach, anton is young and dis is good but in all honesty, we have better who could have learned and passed de knowledge to anton afterwards, when he gets more experience, tuh me dis is an old boy ting over again

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2005, 01:01:57 AM »
I am of the opinion that you guys are talking past each other....

First of all...the article says Anton was appointed understudy by request of Beenie.

2nd.....truetrini say that was a good choice......ah think most would agree, including Jayouth we want a local for that position..

Does that mean he will be the next coach ??...hopefully NOT....I hope trutrini was trying to make this same argument..

3rd.......Jayouth say he should NOT be the next coach of socawarriors which most of we agree with too and should...the reason being exactly of his pedigree........he does NOT necessarily have to coach another regional team to gain experience.....,..after Beenie...he should make it his mission to coach one of the better PFL teams and then possibly our Olympic team.....then move to the gold cup team....and then we could make an assesment for him as a WC coach.....he would have built his resume that way...NOT necessarily thought St Vincent or Antigua.........

Jayouth is correct that he still will not ready when after his mentoring with Beenie.....and ah hope truetrini meant the same thing......what we were agreeing on is he should be the understudy so we have a local who could impart his gained knowledge to the youths and clubs and raise the standrard of we play as well as coaching....

On a side note:  It is interesting to see how truetrini is usually the first man to speak out about corruptiion, accountabilty and nepotism....but all of ah sudden with Anton is NO PROBLEM....makes you wonder...
Warrior For Life !!

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2005, 08:16:02 AM »
Didn't read all the posts in this thread, but here are some facts
about Anton Corneal.

He IS a FIFA certified coach, with an 'A' badge. There are 5 such
coaches in Trinidad?
He currently plys his trade as the TD for one of the biggest
youth clubs in the Southeast U.S. This club has over 3,000 players
at both the rec and competitive levels.
Prior to taking the job as the T&T Under 20 coach, he interviewed
with the Adidas Academy in Bradenton, Florida, and was offered a
job as one of the coach's on staff. He turned down the job because
he is a true 'Trini', and wanted to give back to the youth of Trinidad.

Is Anton qualified to be on the coaching staff of the Senior team?
If he was an American, with his football knowledge, he would be
very active in American youth football, at the National level.
So yes, he is more than qualified, regardless of who is dad is.

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2005, 09:21:24 AM »
Its interesting how we make comments on other people and we have no idea of their qualifications. In order to become a coach at this level, there are some pre-requisites . These include reaching (not by talking) but by certification of the different levels of coaching skills that are made available through the various acedemies and workshops that are held throughout the world.

I hear men calling men name who does be talking on TV and the Radio !
Who are the five coaches that have achieved the highest level of coaching that we could have choosen from ...anybody knows ?

Are we seriously educating ourselves about the game ?   

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2005, 02:23:08 PM »
Friends- How did Anton Corneal become Leo's understudy ?
1- Was it a TTFF recommendation
2- Was it a Jack Warner directive
3 Did Leo choose Anton.

Now I am not against a local understudying  LEO, actually it is great for T&T football. My Question is how Anton got that cherry.
de man need a f**king bitch to eat  dats why he call Cornmeal!!!!!!!!
warmonga...
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2005, 07:24:54 PM »
about Anton Corneal.

coaches in Trinidad?

But more than qualified for what?  Youth Football?  All I saying is that Anton Corneal could have all the badge and liscense he want, when it comes down to it he does not have sufficient experience at the senior level.  This is not no lil boys you dealing with.  Is big men, and big men with more accolades and international experience than him, so what kind of respect will he have in the camp, in training sessions and on the bench during games?

His name coulda be Anton Brown.  He have to garner HARD EXPERIENCE coaching big men.  Take a job as I mentioned before at a regional national team, or even a PFL team.  All those liscenses are boo when all you have is paper qualifications at senior level.

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2005, 08:29:09 PM »
about Anton Corneal.

coaches in Trinidad?

He also recently completed and passed with the highest score, Germany highest level football course.

This site has too many emotional responses ... too many opinions based on likes and dislikes ... Racism is based on like and dislikes ... we can use some more reasoned responses.  I am not defending Anton because he can do that himself ... but the fact of the matter is I happen to know that he is one of the most qualified coaches in the country.  He works very hard, and was interviewed and choosen by Don Leo after recommendation by many within the TTFF.

1]; } ?>