April 27, 2024, 07:53:57 AM

Author Topic: Do you agree with 2 or 3 water breaks in a football match?  (Read 7932 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Do you agree with 2 or 3 water breaks in a football match?
« on: December 10, 2005, 10:43:07 PM »
I was at a game earlier today in pembroke pines florida where under sixteen youths were playing a match and to my astonishment I witness the ref blowing the whistle for 2 minute water breaks,this was definetly a culture shock to me,so I turned to one of the coaches at the field and ask him if this was new and he replied it's now mandatory in high school and college games played in florida as of a couple weeks ago,now while I understand that this state is basically hot year round,coming from the caribbean we never had at least to my knowledge any incidents of heat stroke or fainting spells as they claim happens hear,now if they're so hell bent on playing soccer in florida why the hell they doh play it in ah air condition covered park.One of the coaches there told me that it has nothing to do with game but as always about law suits,yuh see with the advent lawyers everybody ready to sue at the drop of ah hat.Now I personally have nothing against water breaks but at the expense of stopping the momentum of a game midstream I Think not,we better off not playing at all. 

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Do you agree with 2 or 3 water breaks in a football match?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 11:06:53 PM »
If they want water yuh can run to the side and grab a bottle during any break in play..Why they figure they must have designated breaks...That must be killing the momentum of the game!!
Back in Trini...

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 11:36:28 PM »
If they want water yuh can run to the side and grab a bottle during any break in play..Why they figure they must have designated breaks...That must be killing the momentum of the game!!

well thats american football (or soccer as dey call it) dey fuh u
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Warrior Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 11:47:33 PM »
football is mostly fitness why alll them breaks one is enough them fellas only need one in between so they can then show off how fit they are
T-&-T!  #1 one Team in The WORLDDDDDDD

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 12:25:06 AM »
Well d weather up here in Fl hasn't been that hot these past days...in fact it gonna get chilly by Monday.

I'm not sure about this but didn't the MLS have timeouts in the early days along with penalty kicks that began with a runup from halfline?

If thats true then maybe its a local rule thing from US Soccer..(always burns me to call it by that name)  >:(

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 12:54:32 AM »
If USA want to be taken serious in the football world they better get the self in line win 2-3 World cups and then talk about changing the sport....Them good we.....i see that run up crap and thing non-sense and they want to world to respect that? 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 08:16:50 AM »
I was at a game earlier today in pembroke pines florida where under sixteen youths were playing a match and to my astonishment I witness the ref blowing the whistle for 2 minute water breaks,this was definetly a culture shock to me,so I turned to one of the coaches at the field and ask him if this was new and he replied it's now mandatory in high school and college games played in florida as of a couple weeks ago,now while I understand that this state is basically hot year round,coming from the caribbean we never had at least to my knowledge any incidents of heat stroke or fainting spells as they claim happens hear,now if they're so hell bent on playing soccer in florida why the hell they doh play it in ah air condition covered park.One of the coaches there told me that it has nothing to do with game but as always about law suits,yuh see with the advent lawyers everybody ready to sue at the drop of ah hat.Now I personally have nothing against water breaks but at the expense of stopping the momentum of a game midstream I Think not,we better off not playing at all. 

I coach out here in the US and in the system for the past 15yrs,the things they do with Soccer here is mind boggleing,it's very fustrating but there is nothing much you can do so you just have to work with it.

Your experience is quite normal here especially for the above reason,when i'm working with kids at practice,Camps,Clinics and one kid say they want water i send everybody,this happens almost every 10mins as they get older it's less often,in games kids ask you to sub them because they want to drink water.

The system here is such that it caters for that,they have unlimited substitution,players can be subed in and out any amount of times,the worst experience i ever had here was when a whole team substituted at half time in a game(all at one time),it's just crazy the things that these ppl do,FIFA rules is joke,they have that and more.

You know at one time the US had propose to FIFA to play the game in quarters?because they don't have enough time for commercials etc.One good thing though is that they are very organized and have a plan. 

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 08:32:49 AM »
hell nooo

when i was in the savannah playing and thusty and hardest hitting me spanner and my granny and all laffing at me whey them was. blasted soccer
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline easy-j

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 08:43:37 AM »
In 1994 when the WC took place in the USA
they already talked about allowing this kind of breaks or even a timeout per half for each team.
The only reason why they do that is money.They just want to have more time to show commercials.
In my opinion it would be the dead of soccer. Just imagine what happens if a game is interrupted that often. The players will always need some minutes til their heads are back on the field again.
I also think that kondition is a requested skill in football and if you are able to run without getting tired this should give you an advantage.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2005, 08:44:34 AM »
YUh in USA breds dey does do that also right up to college ball they does run a unlimited subs shit.

But the official water break in football is when yuh blade a man and the stretcher come on the field yuh walk to the side get instructions and they does pelt the water and ice for you.

Doe study it is a culture thing. But also as yuh there watch and see how organized the youth system is there, learning of basics, passing etc.

In a park where I used to live 3-5 year old were doing fun exercises with the ball for coordination and thing. I talk to a lil one who was 5, I ask him where he playing........he say coach say by 7 he must learn every position on the field to know what going on and then he will see where he like to play.

Now I not saying that a Yankee 5 year old brighter than a Trini 5 year old, but it comes down to exposure and they have it on us I was quite impressed a lil fella like that could give me such an explanation.

Also this was not any big coaching school or serious football program it was just a kinda after school kids camp.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2005, 08:58:38 AM »
Like we should expect anything less from an organization that allows players to have a running start to take a penalty. steups

Have they gotten rid of that crap yet?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2005, 09:12:33 AM »
Football is very age appropriate out here,what you do with 9/10 yr olds you don't with 5/6 and 7/8 yr olds,that's why i said they are very organized and have plans.

When ever you go to one of those lisenced courses in the US it's more paper work and classroom sessions than anything else,they have studied and make this thing a science,just knowing how to play Football is one thing but knowing how to deal with players is even more important,when a player gets hurt you better know what to do else somebody going to pay.If a player fall down on a field from heat exhaustion especially if that player asked for water and did not get it,you in big trouble.

Almost every day you hear players dieing on Football fields out here ,either goals fall on them,heart problems,clashes with other players etc.At home we take a lot of things for granted,you see how that guy from Malick died, up here the Colleges league or some body would be paying his parents some good money.      

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2005, 09:29:04 AM »
another thing is i find heat in america is a different kinda heat

played out in el centro califonia once and lardd we needed water breaks
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2005, 11:13:31 AM »
exactly morvantman!!! I was just about to say how disappointed I was in some of the comments from people on this thread.  The humidity in Trinidad never dropping below 80% so it will never reach a stage where the air so dry that it begin to sap moisture out of your body till you curl up and die.
Doh play wityh humidity nah...out here in Las cruces is all kinda 5% humidity and absolutely NO ONe in their right mind does be walking in that kinda sun; far less playing ball (yet New Mexico was in the semis for NCAA men's).  In the GOod the bad and the ugly, tuco take blondie on a 5 hr walk out here from Santa Fe to Tucum carry and he was holding on by a string.  Arizona almost 50 people every year dying from heat....this is lives we talking about fellaz, not no sorfness.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2005, 11:14:29 AM »
another thing is i find heat in america is a different kinda heat

played out in el centro califonia once and lardd we needed water breaks
Aye Morvantman you have an idea what i'm talking about,ppl who have been out here for some time will know the heat here is different to home,especially in the Summer which is when we have Camps,tournaments etc.

The other day a goal fell on a little boy and killed him here,his parents went to court and got a three million from the league.Everything is blown up here, any touch you get in your head is a concussion(example)

The mistake a lot of ppl make is to drink a lot of water during a game,from experience you will know what happens when you do that,try and drink fluids the day or hours before you play in that way it's in the system.  

Offline Redbelt

• SHIFT_Redline
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
    • PiracyUnlimited.com, Anime & Manga
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2005, 11:18:24 AM »
We had students in Bahrain dying of heat too.

But I'm against water breaks, I mean if it was a fifa match.

Heat and Humidity are advantages for us when playing home. I don't want to see that go away with a water break

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2005, 11:26:18 AM »
I agree redbelt - professions no water breaks..school children and 9 yr olds...waterbreaks

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2005, 11:29:26 AM »
What ppl have to realize Football is not only played in T&T and especially now where our players play over seas a lot,players have to adjust to playing under all kind of conditions,that's what clubs paying you the big bucks for.England is not a warm place and most of our players play out there.

That's why i found it funny when T&T was to play the US at home our players was complaining about the heat,if you think things are bad for you it's just as bad for the opposition also,any time you start making excuses you lose,you just have to deal with it.Check something you hardly hear Beenie complaining about conditions because he knows it does not make sense.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2005, 11:30:44 AM »
I agree redbelt - professions no water breaks..school children and 9 yr olds...waterbreaks
YOU ARE CORRECT.

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2005, 12:26:08 PM »
Redbelt...good to see yuh back bruddah, was beginning to think yuh forget about we.

Breaks for the kids isn't a bad thing. Might be worth looking into shorter halves for the younger age groups, kinda like a fete match ting. The weather in d US varies by region and their scientific studies about athlete endurance under certain conditions should play a major factor in determining the this.

Senior level, high school, college etc need to be able to play a full 45min half. Its the world game and thats how d world plays. Athletes playing at dis level need to be conditioned for this kinda play. Yuh could go as far as putting in misting areas on d sidelines to cool down players during slack times such as when a man injured, dead ball plays etc.

Dis might sound sorf to men sweating in d savannah no matter d weather but not eveybody built d same.

Offline Redbelt

• SHIFT_Redline
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
    • PiracyUnlimited.com, Anime & Manga
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2005, 12:44:22 PM »
Redbelt...good to see yuh back bruddah, was beginning to think yuh forget about we.

Senior level, high school, college etc need to be able to play a full 45min half. Its the world game and thats how d world plays.

Thanks mate..

Anyway, we have such high heat & humidity in summer its not funny. Imagine over 45C at night and over 95% humidity.

Your body will over heat with no way to cool down (your sweat will not evaporate), so maybe training sessions OK IMO. but official ones no. Because if we can play well in humid conditions, we may not doo too well at aroun 15C and below. THATS home advantage.

Oh, don't forget hight from sea level, the higher you are, the less O2 you enhale.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2005, 01:02:17 PM »

Senior level, high school, college etc need to be able to play a full 45min half. Its the world game and thats how d world plays. Athletes playing at dis level need to be conditioned for this kinda play. Yuh could go as far as putting in misting areas on d sidelines to cool down players during slack times such as when a man injured, dead ball plays etc.

Dis might sound sorf to men sweating in d savannah no matter d weather but not eveybody built d same.

At those levels they do play the normal game,our high schools i don't think can handle a high school teams in the US.These players play  Football year round,even during Winter,they always in some tournament,always travelling,they have different Programs that the best players participate in Olympic Development Program,Regional tournaments,State Cup tournaments (club level).
 Â 

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2005, 01:42:31 PM »
horse all men eh know heat till all yuh experience ah good Florida summer
the heat does jes sap yuh energy

i remember my padna went up for pre season training in the summer and the first day he loss 8 pounds in the heat.
jes the other day ah man dead cause he want to lose weight and he put on ah wet suit and run in the sun to drop some pounds to make the wrestling team

Now I eh advocating for the water breaks eh but that sun and heat eh no joke, yuh could really die out they
you running and not ah breeze eh blowing is jes heat

Més que un club.

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2005, 02:25:43 PM »
horse all men eh know heat till all yuh experience ah good Florida summer
the heat does jes sap yuh energy

i remember my padna went up for pre season training in the summer and the first day he loss 8 pounds in the heat.
jes the other day ah man dead cause he want to lose weight and he put on ah wet suit and run in the sun to drop some pounds to make the wrestling team

Now I eh advocating for the water breaks eh but that sun and heat eh no joke, yuh could really die out they
you running and not ah breeze eh blowing is jes heat

he ent lie with dat one...this summer by 8:30-9am ah was breakin a sweat walking from meh car to d office. If d wind blow atall it eh helping seince is only hot breeze. I give real props to dem men who was training in dat one.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2005, 02:26:14 PM »

a bunch a girly man does play football innah america dats why dem need 3 and 4 break..wah type a f**kery question yu asking dey.. Football is big man game we a have no f**king time for time out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
warmonga..
"ley mi go eat sum food now before this highgrade fly up innah mi head and mi start cuss from a side now for asking foolish questions eh"
Black Lives Matter..

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2005, 03:15:21 PM »
Football is very age appropriate out here,what you do with 9/10 yr olds you don't with 5/6 and 7/8 yr olds,that's why i said they are very organized and have plans.

When ever you go to one of those lisenced courses in the US it's more paper work and classroom sessions than anything else,they have studied and make this thing a science,just knowing how to play Football is one thing but knowing how to deal with players is even more important,when a player gets hurt you better know what to do else somebody going to pay.If a player fall down on a field from heat exhaustion especially if that player asked for water and did not get it,you in big trouble.

Almost every day you hear players dieing on Football fields out here ,either goals fall on them,heart problems,clashes with other players etc.At home we take a lot of things for granted,you see how that guy from Malick died, up here the Colleges league or some body would be paying his parents some good money.      

Tell me coops all those examples of kids collapsing on the field from heart attacks etc have they been determined it was from the heat or an underlying problem not detected.Listen coops I agree that kids may need some sort of water break but it should be done without disrupting the flow of a game,remember in a marathon the runners don't stop for a break they either run with a bottle water or fans throw water at them and it's been said to much water may cause cramps which will be to your detriment,I remember a couple of incidences where a couple of youths died as a result of playing in the cold weather as well, two in north carolina and one in colorado.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2005, 03:36:12 PM »

Tell me coops all those examples of kids collapsing on the field from heart attacks etc have they been determined it was from the heat or an underlying problem not detected.Listen coops I agree that kids may need some sort of water break but it should be done without disrupting the flow of a game,remember in a marathon the runners don't stop for a break they either run with a bottle water or fans throw water at them and it's been said to much water may cause cramps which will be to your detriment,I remember a couple of incidences where a couple of youths died as a result of playing in the cold weather as well, two in north carolina and one in colorado.
I'm not saying that's the only reason for it,there could be a number of other reasons,but what i am saying is you putting yourself at risk if the leagues and associations mandate that you are required to give breakes and you don't and something happens,everybody here is safeguarding themselves so you have to safeguard yours.

Kids out here does have all kind of sickness that i never hear about home,Asthma is a regular one i does come across,everybody have Inhaler and the thing is if they register to play Football you have to play them,as a Coach how you dealing with that(play them 60mins?),in the US football is for fun at the younger ages,so it's no pressure for a young player to play,it have all levels who serious and who's not.   

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2005, 04:59:49 PM »
a bunch a girly man does play football innah america dats why dem need 3 and 4 break..wah type a f**kery question yu asking dey.. Football is big man game we a have no f**king time for time out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
warmonga..
"ley mi go eat sum food now before this highgrade fly up innah mi head and mi start cuss from a side now for asking foolish questions eh"

warmonga, i have to ask your permission to ask a stuuuuped question
Have you ever experienced that kinda heat these men talkin bout?

I is a man I don't experience heat ..but I know several woman I deal wid dat goes through dat heat experiece, and when dem does I fix dem good!!!!maybe if yu know several man experiencing dat heat problem maybe yu should try fix dem up!!!!!!!!!!
warmonga..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2005, 05:04:06 PM »
 I don't like it at all ...But then again the American game is based on fitness so there maybe, jus maybe there is something to it...We don't have to worry about this crap creepin in any other place in the world though....America just like their own way....Go T&T

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2005, 05:08:44 PM »
That is American sports, period.  Yuh tired and de coach feel sorry for yuh so he call ah time out.  Basketball--timeout; Football--same thing.  Which americna sport doh have ah time out.  Is like they refuse to adopt the game of football as the rest of the world plays it.  They trying to reinvent it.  That is one reason that some are so resistant to acknowledge that the US is a good soccer team.

1]; } ?>