April 26, 2024, 11:19:55 AM

Author Topic: Three Goalies three games  (Read 4277 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Three Goalies three games
« on: December 11, 2005, 12:33:01 PM »
Three Goalies three games just say we can make it to the second round should Leo give all three goalies a run I mean it would be hard to make it to the big dance and not play Hislop, Ince and Jack all deserve to play what you guys think.
Empty barrels make the most noise

TrinInfinite

Re: Three Goalies three games
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 12:46:01 PM »
go wit 2 goal keepers, i dont believe we should go wit 3, ince might get cut from dis side is warner come on board, then de 3 keepers will b jack, warner and hislop

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 12:47:42 PM »
3 goalies used in each of de first 3 games. Of course. What will have to be done is:

Allow Jack (suspect with crosses) to play Paraguay
Ince and Shaka (both strong with the cross ball) to handle England and Sweden.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 12:48:37 PM »
go wit 2 goal keepers, i dont believe we should go wit 3, ince might get cut from dis side is warner come on board, then de 3 keepers will b jack, warner and hislop

I doubt Leo will cut any of the current keepers to play Tony
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 01:03:36 PM »
This is what I can’t take about some Trinis  we seem to forget what a man has sacrificed for his country when Shaka  decided not to play us for who was the keeper there?  Ince he risk looseing his starting spot with his club to  play for us and that’s what you want another keeper who rejected an opportunity to play for instead of a play that give a lease 15 years of service to Trinidad.   

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 01:24:39 PM »
This is what I can’t take about some Trinis  we seem to forget what a man has sacrificed for his country when Shaka  decided not to play us for who was the keeper there?  Ince he risk looseing his starting spot with his club to  play for us and that’s what you want another keeper who rejected an opportunity to play for instead of a play that give a lease 15 years of service to Trinidad.   

I hope its not Tony Warner you are refering to since he never refused a call to play for Trinidad and Tobago!  He offered his services in 2001 but it was rejected by Oliver Camps and the rest of idiots in the TTFF!!

With Repsect to ince.  He walked out on the squad between the Panama and Mexico games when it was revealed that he was not going to start.  He went into the dressing room and handed in his uniform stating that he ent going mexico and we had to carry Durance Williams.

Shaka has always stated his intent!!

I know that he 'buss style' on us in the past, but that was when he was on the verge of the England Squad and who could blame him then?

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 01:26:59 PM »
Three Goalies three games just say we can make it to the second round should Leo give all three goalies a run I mean it would be hard to make it to the big dance and not play Hislop, Ince and Jack all deserve to play what you guys think.

Even though they all contributed we have to be professional.  You can't criticize Trinis cause guys like Hislop sacrificed. There are many countries that play players through qualification then have some players not make the big dance. If we want to be serious about making the World Cup a habit then we have to be more professional and make dicisions based on football and tactics and less on emotion.

I heard Shabazz talkin nonsense on 95.5 about we should only take the that helped us get to where we are and not include anyone else. Then I had to wonder why he and the others never took us to the World Cup..they does want to pick friend and people they like. We finally have a coach who couldn't care less about personalities but performances.

If it is best to play the 3 goalies for tactical reasons I am all for it...if it is for charity....I would say and I'm sure Leo would agree...Hell no.

If a player doh get playing time that doh mean he aint appreciated he may simply not fit into the game plans.

No disrespect but that is my opinion.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 01:33:07 PM »
I dont think that u should go to a world cup just to give ah man ah sweat, so i agree with trinimassive!

We should play the best available at all times, however, if (God forbid) we lose our first 2 games and have no chance of qualifying then i can understand if the coach gives a game to some other players!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 01:34:36 PM »
No matter which goalies we bring to the WC, Beenie needs to make it very clear that our attack should begin with the goalie.  Those silly long balls from the keepers (with a 30% dispossession rate), which normally lead to immediate dispossession and counter attack by the oposing team really stifles our attack.  We play such a beautiful game when the keeper passes (short pass or throw pass) to the defender who then works it to the midfields etc...and we look clumsy and unsure with the continous long balls from the keeper, and defenders.

Food for thought..

:afro:.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 01:38:51 PM by fidel2xl »
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2005, 01:45:24 PM »
All I have to say is look at Shaka’s caps for Trinidad and look at Ince the thing is you never know the right store with TTFF they would say any thing about a plyer just to make him look bad all I’m saying is Ince was performing better than Shaka before he made a mistake know we would sell him out for Warner and yes he did turn down an opportunity to play for us when was at Liverpool 

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2005, 02:04:20 PM »
Only Three games? Like you sure we not going second round. ;) I like that idea. give all three a run.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2005, 02:19:11 PM »
bally wey yu think sey we looking to play man innah germany jes because... "de blight don" like Jack so jack will be our keeper all 3 games. 2 ties and one win against Paraguay!!!!!!!!!!! and we innah de next rounds....
warmonga...
Black Lives Matter..

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2005, 02:25:56 PM »
Yuh cyar play all three goalies, it disrupts the chemistry between the keeper and defence.  I hope Shaka get the call but it look like Don have a hardon for Jack, either dat or someting about Shaka he doh like.  I think Shaka paid his dues and is still on top of his game.  He pulled off two great saves against Mexico, de man should start!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2005, 02:30:53 PM »
Yuh cyar play all three goalies, it disrupts the chemistry between the keeper and defence.  I hope Shaka get the call but it look like Don have a hardon for Jack, either dat or someting about Shaka he doh like.  I think Shaka paid his dues and is still on top of his game.  He pulled off two great saves against Mexico, de man should start!
shaka should start what?.. start get string again????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shaka need fi sit dung and watch how a keeper should prevent from getting string up!!!!!!!!!!! I have never ever innah mi life see a keeper get more string up than Shaka!!!!!!!! shaka does get string from corner.. ..he does get string wid header from 40 yards outside ..he does get string wid a dribble..de man look like he out a shape or he does be ball watching!!!!!!!!! I rate Shaka and have total respeck for de man a a role model fi de younger yutes but sit dung and watch Jack and "my keeper " Ince do dem ting!!!!!!!!!
warmonga..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2005, 02:40:07 PM »
Ah would like to see Hislop and Ince get a game but I doh think it is the best thing to do.
Whoever getting de most playing time with their respective club is all that Beenie cares about, and that is Jack.
Hislop and Ince are 2nd choice 'keepers for their clubs. For the World Cup yuh want a goalie dat between the bars every weekend leading up to the tournament.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline davidy233

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2005, 05:20:27 PM »
Beenie picked Kelvin Jack as soon as he took over as coach, and has stuck with him. Kelvin wasn't in Dundee's first team at that time so there must have been something about him that Beenie liked in training. I'd suggest that he is very much Leo's first choice and unless he makes a mess of it before or in Germany will be the man who the coach picks - whether he is playing first team football for Dundee or not.

As someone who watches Kelvin every week I'd say he has improved castly recently - and since T&T qualified for Germany has made great saves in both of Dundee's home games at important points of the match.

On Saturday against St Mirren he pulled off a string of fine saves as we hammered the league leaders 4-0.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2005, 05:24:39 PM »
This is what I can’t take about some Trinis  we seem to forget what a man has sacrificed for his country when Shaka  decided not to play us for who was the keeper there?  Ince he risk looseing his starting spot with his club to  play for us and that’s what you want another keeper who rejected an opportunity to play for instead of a play that give a lease 15 years of service to Trinidad.  

I hope its not Tony Warner you are refering to since he never refused a call to play for Trinidad and Tobago! He offered his services in 2001 but it was rejected by Oliver Camps and the rest of idiots in the TTFF!!

With Repsect to ince. He walked out on the squad between the Panama and Mexico games when it was revealed that he was not going to start. He went into the dressing room and handed in his uniform stating that he ent going mexico and we had to carry Durance Williams.

Shaka has always stated his intent!!

I know that he 'buss style' on us in the past, but that was when he was on the verge of the England Squad and who could blame him then?

ah love it!!

Thanks for correcting de brother cause men just running they mouth.  Warner wanted to play for us long time.  Ah surprised that he ain't even have one cap for we since he approached the TTFF.  Doh put the man in the same group as Zamora.  He approached the TTFF; they did not approach him.  Get the facts right.  He is a decent keeper.  Looked good for Fulham when I saw him this season.  Was on Soccernet.com's team of the week this season when he stopped everything Liverpool had to offer in a 2-0 victiry over 'Pool.  Has a good chance of making this team, if given the opportunity.  Could do well against England.  jack is a good shot stopper, but ah could see him being besieged with crosses by England, and I don't think he is our best goalkeeper when it comes to handling crosses. Doh feel Beenie ain't have Warner in mind.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2005, 06:14:00 PM »
The first time they called he said no so I’m still right I just don’t say things with out knowing check out for your self when he realize he couldn’t make Liverpool any more then he said ok let me try Trinidad again but it was to late he had Hislop and Ince 

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2005, 10:28:23 PM »
It's all good that Jack been playing and we qualified with Jack. But I have always thought that Ince has been a more confident and technical goalkeeper. Jack is a true Trinbagonian goalkeeper. I believe that the goalkeeper to go with is Shaka. I know he did not look to good against the U. S, but so did the team, with the exception of glen. Remember Hislop has been facing these guys consistently over the years. It is like he has home field advantage, if you will, over the others. Remember he denied Michael Owen on his 35th birthday. These are the guys who will be coming after him. He will be more comfortable I think out there in europe. It not easy to have 60, 000 people screaming at you.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2005, 10:34:12 PM »
elan, ah have tuh argree with yuh here. Ah believe that Shaka may have the better reads on thes players, having faced them on some occassion or the other in league play. His sense of the English game and the tendencies of the players at this level should  give him the most mental edge to paly aganist this English team.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2005, 11:09:36 PM »
Whoever is the best in training will play.

Shaka ole and not gettin much playing time with club.

Ince is the best allround keeper but walk out on we and shit up heself

Kelvin is the youngest with the most playing time but shakey bad. and mistake prone

Warner looking good for Fulham he playing and he technique good.

May the best keeper play......Beenie will be the best judge of that.

Also this thing bout gving man sweat.....this is not charity.

Yuh feel Keller didnt get vex when Friedel had him sitting down last WC.

Competition and Form determines who play.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2005, 11:20:31 PM »
perfect example of this is Oliver Kahn and Lehmann

none of them know who starting one week from the next for Germany

long time Kahn was ah automatic choice now thing eh so safe with this new coach and that is what we need

that way them fellas go play every game hard

Personally I doh find that Jack does inspire confidence he does make real mistakes and like he does have lapses in concentration. He nearly had a howler in Bahrain. When Shaka come on for him in Trinidad he had a good shwoing with some excellent reflex saves.

Més que un club.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2005, 02:40:22 AM »
Elan, I too agree with your prognosis, analysis, diagnosis.
Imagine dem boys in Nurem in front ah 40,000 screaming, drunk English fans , 10,000 screaming drunk Trinibagonian fans, 9,900 screaming drunk Scottish Wales Northren Ireland fans who supporting T@T, an 100 crying drunk Bahrainis.

First minute ah de game Shaun Wright Phillips cap Autis an cross tuh Rooney on de top ah de box, he take down wid he right and let fly wid he left in one smooth motion........ Wha yuh feel Jack go be doing..

Whey Rooney ha de ball, dat man bad........................ goaaaaal...........oh shit.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2005, 02:56:54 AM »
Fish you ah funny man yes :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2005, 06:50:46 AM »
We have no choice regarding the number of goalies we go with. For World Cup you allowed a 23 member squad for 3 goalies and 20 outfield players, usually 2 for each of the 10 outfield positions.
Using all 3 goalies is a nice, romantic idea but in big tournaments you stick with your main goalie throughout, regardless of how good the second string is. Have you ever seen Kahn and Lehmann share the goal in a tournament despite them being inseperable? Big coahces pick a goalie and stick with them barring injury...
The main reasoning behind it is because your defence and goalie work as a unit and the more the play together, the better the communication and understanding.
So sorry Shaka..I know you would love to play against England but Jack have to have a serious dip in form or injury for that dream to come thru for u.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2005, 07:25:00 AM »
I respectfully disagree. We will be the only country doing something like that. No disrespect fo our keepers but it have bigger keepers that will be in a supporting role on the bench at the WC. This giving a man a run idea does not sound too professional. Who ever looks the best intraining should be giving the starting position. We would look like novices with this sentimental kind of thing and Beenhakker would look like he can't decide who is number one is.

1]; } ?>