April 18, 2024, 10:42:01 PM

Author Topic: Bobby Zamora: BLACKBURN ROVERS 3 WEST HAM UNITED 2  (Read 2375 times)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Bobby Zamora: BLACKBURN ROVERS 3 WEST HAM UNITED 2
« on: December 11, 2005, 02:04:22 PM »
BLACKBURN ROVERS 3 WEST HAM UNITED 2

Rovers came from behind with two goals in two minutes from striker Paul Dickov, the first a lucky penalty in the 56th minute for a harsh handball decision against West Ham defender Tomas Repka.

Bobby Zamora, who had put Hammers in front in first-half injury time from Marlon Harewood's right cross, returned the compliment by laying on the burly striker's equaliser just past the hour.
Rovers striker Shefki Kuqi had the last word with the winner 14 minutes from time when he shot home after a misunderstanding in defence by Repka and Anton Ferdinand.

Warrior For Life !!

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bobby Zamora: BLACKBURN ROVERS 3 WEST HAM UNITED 2
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 02:14:08 PM »
I doh care how much goal he scoring for West Ham, He should not be called for T&T.
How would you like to be the player who give his all for this team and then get cut for Zamora.
When things were bad , he did not want to play for us, now he is a TRINI ( B.S) Let him wait for an Enland callup.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 04:44:18 PM »
I doh care how much goal he scoring for West Ham, He should not be called for T&T.
How would you like to be the player who give his all for this team and then get cut for Zamora.
When things were bad , he did not want to play for us, now he is a TRINI ( B.S) Let him wait for an Enland callup.

i agree
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 04:59:27 PM »
yep, i will be sik if he puts on our colours.

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 05:02:46 PM »
Ah find that dat kinda thinking more sentimental than reasonable. We need to seriously look at some of those foreign players like Jlloyd and Zamora to shore up our deficiencies.

If they could earn a spot den don't they deserve to play with the reasoning that they fitting better into d gameplan? If men get displaced from starting then I doh think they going from starters to out d team but might ride d bench. Some of the subs now might get left behind but its not like this is our one and only chance to be seen in a WC.

Everybody was calling for we to be making dat trip regular so men need to realize that other chances will come around for the men left out. We have to look out for this cup and at d men that could give us d best chance to advance regardless of when they came in.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 05:08:54 PM »
so there will be other chances for samuel and zamora, when they help Trinidad qualify for the 2010 world cup

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 05:32:35 PM »
so there will be other chances for samuel and zamora, when they help Trinidad qualify for the 2010 world cup
That would be the best thing. No point in calling them up now. Say they(im really thinking of zamora) dont want to come for the quals after they done play in the world cup

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 05:40:39 PM »
True...but on what basis are we excluding dem? Based on their previous committment to our cause or on their skills and what they can offer us now? We are lacking in certain areas in which they can help us.

There are different sides to this argument like with any decision. I just think that now that we've qualified its in the best interest of our game to field the best side regardless of what went on previously.

Yorke and Latapy turned their backs to us, were welcomed back and we made it in no small part to their efforts. If Jlloyd and Zamora, even Warner, can break into the side on the merit of skill then why should we refuse them? I don't think they'll go to Germany to embarass us. If they can force a starter onto the bench then also the displaced player will have to step up their game to regain their spot.

The Strike Squad had men competing for their spots all the time. It made the players better and it'll work now also. We coming up against the world's best, not CONCACAF's best, so we need to look at everybody and make the decisons based on what they offer.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 07:04:44 PM »
you know seriously man, im sick of hearing this excuse all the time because its a load of shit. men sayin yorke and latapy turn their back, but how long did they represent us before that? over 10 years if im not mistaken. they also done alot to raise the profile of our football half the friggin people in europe that know trinidad wouldnt have if it wasnt for them, that also helps open doors for other players, it attracts more scouts to Trinidad and the caribbean region. yes they made miskakes and yes we did forgive them. theres a huge difference between that and 2 yutes who thought they were to big for Trinidad, now im not gonna hav a go at them, they pledged there selves one way or another to england fair enuff, but dont come round us playin u is a born again friggin trini. But after the world cup im sure we will all give them a chance to fight and sweat for Trinidad and earn a place. all this talk of samuel was in england set up n ting, well thats tru and i cant understand y u would choose england over trini, but thats just me. ok he chose england, stik wid them dont change horses midway in a race. it just shows how low he will go, although it is the world cup. do we remember john fashnu who played friendlies for england and then was offered a place on nigeria side for a world cup and he said no because those players worked hard and it wouldnt be fair for him to come in just like that. morals and individual greed. im sorry but i do not want to see a player wearin are colours unless u love this island and r prepared to die for it. its too late for them all. are people so stupid to actuall condone this behavior, 1 man was asked to play in the guat game and wouldnt come but now the time is right for them. i wonder had we not qualified for the world cup, and there was a copa caribe this summer would the time still be right and would they come and play?ask yourselves. Trinidad has qualified every1 knows our name and our colours for once we can start callin the shots yet we still chase assholes who didnt want to know. the team was good enuff to qualify so i have faith they will play well at the world cup. for all those who talk about sentiment etc, its morals, its common sense, its self respect. dont u see, we dont need them, they need us. dont let this bull shit tie u up. we are goin to the world cup and gettin tru dat group and we will see where it goes. after then we are open to see new players, then we will see where the hearts really are.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2005, 07:06:32 PM »
you know seriously man, im sick of hearing this excuse all the time because its a load of shit. men sayin yorke and latapy turn their back, but how long did they represent us before that? over 10 years if im not mistaken. they also done alot to raise the profile of our football half the friggin people in europe that know trinidad wouldnt have if it wasnt for them, that also helps open doors for other players, it attracts more scouts to Trinidad and the caribbean region. yes they made miskakes and yes we did forgive them. theres a huge difference between that and 2 yutes who thought they were to big for Trinidad, now im not gonna hav a go at them, they pledged there selves one way or another to england fair enuff, but dont come round us playin u is a born again friggin trini. But after the world cup im sure we will all give them a chance to fight and sweat for Trinidad and earn a place. all this talk of samuel was in england set up n ting, well thats tru and i cant understand y u would choose england over trini, but thats just me. ok he chose england, stik wid them dont change horses midway in a race. it just shows how low he will go, although it is the world cup. do we remember john fashnu who played friendlies for england and then was offered a place on nigeria side for a world cup and he said no because those players worked hard and it wouldnt be fair for him to come in just like that. morals and individual greed. im sorry but i do not want to see a player wearin are colours unless u love this island and r prepared to die for it. its too late for them all. are people so stupid to actuall condone this behavior, 1 man was asked to play in the guat game and wouldnt come but now the time is right for them. i wonder had we not qualified for the world cup, and there was a copa caribe this summer would the time still be right and would they come and play?ask yourselves. Trinidad has qualified every1 knows our name and our colours for once we can start callin the shots yet we still chase assholes who didnt want to know. the team was good enuff to qualify so i have faith they will play well at the world cup. for all those who talk about sentiment etc, its morals, its common sense, its self respect. dont u see, we dont need them, they need us. dont let this bull shit tie u up. we are goin to the world cup and gettin tru dat group and we will see where it goes. after then we are open to see new players, then we will see where the hearts really are.

REPRESENT! nicely said man
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2005, 07:10:33 PM »
I ent go try and change yuh mind...we have a difference of opinion and lets leave it at that. All I'm saying is that the TTFF is looking for players to represent us for a reason, we have deficiencies and they need to address them.

Let all who come get picked based on what they can offer us and not what happens off the field. Thats all I'm saying.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2005, 07:19:22 PM »
well kool we agree to disagree. But always look at a players heart because thats where that extra sumting comes from when your team needs it. players can only become so good, the rest is psychological, passion. if your heart isnt there then u are only 50% the player u should be. we see it all the time with clubs, and essentially these players treat trinidad like a club, bunch of glory hunters  ;D

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2005, 07:23:06 PM »
I ent go lie, i also have d feeling that if dem men come they only doing it to advance their club careers. I just looking for a good showing in this cup and to make the starters more competitive for their spots.

We go see as things unfold. We both want d best for d team so lets leave it up to d man who getting paid to make these decisions and see what he decides.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2005, 07:25:51 PM »
well thats true we all want what is best for Trinidad & Tobago.  :beermug:

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2005, 07:50:57 PM »
Lemme play devils advocate here.......because many of you are going on emotion.

Pioneer Trini you talking about heart etc.

How have you come to the realisation that this is the motivational factor all players use to peform?

Suppose JJloyd and Zamora like money and use this opportunity to advance their careers...how would greed and self improvement be detrimental to Trinidad and Tobago if we are gettin 100% from them?

What is your basis for exclusion?

If they are better than the current player in their position and can perform their role in the TT team more efficiently than a present squad member why should we exclude them.

How come no other country does get vex when players offer their services?

TT will not be the first nor the last team to drop a player or add a player to their WC roster who did not play in qualifying.

Now this is not an excuse but it can be purported as a reason........May I remind you we first gave invitiations to these Gentlemen a long time ago. Do you remember who was in charge then and how we looked?

« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 07:55:39 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2005, 08:15:20 PM »
ok theres 2 sides to it, and my way of thinking is like 100% in the other direction to some people. no 1 i know would ever let that slide in their country discussed it many times, like i said we all think differnt, u guys want them i dont simple as. if u think they will play 100% on the off chance they will get picked up by better clubs then i dunno. but i have my views and i think its wrong in every way. i said what i have to say anyhow. who dont like my opinion well thats dem  :devil: lets get to this world cup and do damage hopefully with dem  ;D

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2005, 08:38:31 PM »
Pioneer we all want TT do well.

I doe have nuttin against somebody opinion, but I just would like your views on the questions I pose to you. So I can see where you are coming from.

I hit yuh 4-5 of them whats yuh take on that,I  just want to see your rational in forming your opinion or substantiating your arguement.

We not judgin here, we just stimulating discussion.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2005, 08:42:05 PM »
 Well if Zamora doing so well these days he could get call for England....I being sarcastic...The man don't deserve to be on our Team

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2005, 09:02:05 PM »
like i said from a moral stand point, for trinidads self respect, and for me common sense says they should not play.isnt it the same people who talk about yorke and latapy turning their back, supporting them (zam & Sam) wid that arguement, yet still they play di ass and got dropped but by alot of peoples thinkin shouldnt they still have been picked as they were the best? so then was it the coach who betrayed us?

from my experience of playing and knowing players i always seen heart and passion to do well for the team/country as a massive driving force, sam and zam arnt poor so money shouldnt big as big a motivational tool. but i could be wrong who knows what goes through their brains.

as both sides are as split as can be, can there really be a winner to this arguement? if i was manager i know what i would do. but to me if we are going to do these things we might as well send som sweet trini women to brazil and get them to marry som players, and start importing from all over and offering wc places. like i said we r all seeing this from totally differnt views. if som1 shits on u, u dont give them a chance to do it again. alot of people just seem like they really are worried that we might catch an 8-0 in world cup, and super samuel and zamora maywell reduce it to a 4-0 loss lol im not talking about any1 on this thread by the way. i just have a solid as a rock belief in our team that if we turn up we can cause som trouble. without any new players. differnce in opinion leave it there ;)

1]; } ?>