March 29, 2024, 12:05:57 AM

Author Topic: US Based College Round-Up.  (Read 4064 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
US Based College Round-Up.
« on: December 11, 2005, 09:02:53 PM »
Mbwana looking ahead.[/size]

Mbwana Johnson has spearheaded the University at Buffalo defense this season. The ex-under 17 national and Pleasantville Senior Comprehensive student has a towering list of achievements to show this season. He was named Georgia Southern All Tournament team, MAC All tournament team, 1st team all MAC-Conference and 2nd team All-Region team.
This made him the first player at his school to make the All Conference team in the last five years. University at Buffalo lost to #3 national ranked University of Akron on penalty kicks in the Conference finals. Nevertheless, before the game ESPN University network identified Mbwana as being a stand-out during this season and a force to be reckoned with in that final.
Mbwana is going to be attending trials with Rochester Rhinos of the A-league first division, and the Charlotte Eagles of the A-league second division during the 2006 year.
Jade not Jonesing.

Jade Jones was named “all conference 1st team” for Wheeling Jesuit University. The former Naparima College stalwart was also named “Player of year” last season and “all conference 1st team” in the WVIAC. Wheeling Jesuit University, participating in NCAA division II action, lost in their conference finals to Salem International. A victory would have granted Wheeling a trip to the NCAA division II tournament. Jones will wish to follow in the foot steps of Joel Bailey who is also an ex-Naparima and Wheeling student at the professional level.
From Mayaro to USA.

Sophomore forward, Ryan Stewart has been named NAIA region XI “Player of the Year.” This has probably been the biggest achievement from any Trinidadian player in the history of college football. The former Mayaro Composite student has also been named to NAIA “All-American 3rd team.”
Stewart, a Mayaro, Trinidad native, was second on the team in points (39) and goals scored (19). Stewart started 22 of the 23 games he played. He tied for the team lead with six game winning goals.
Ryan was called up to practice with the national under 23 team in 2002 under coach Simone. Ryan led Lindsey Wilson College to their 7th NAIA national championship this season. And just how good Lindsey Wilson is? In 2003, Lindsey tied 2003 national division 1 champions, Indiana University and should have beaten them.

Soca Warriors Online News Press.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: US Based College Round-Up.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 09:12:06 PM »
 Jade is play more football for Pres(not looking for argument) but I guess Jan Steadman (naparima former coach) mold him into the player that he is....Go T&T

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 09:17:33 PM »
Jade is play more football for Pres(not looking for argument) but I guess Jan Steadman (naparima former coach) mold him into the player that he is....Go T&T

yeah daz de first ting i notice..Jade wud go mad if he see they reporting him as a naps player..cuz he hates that team wit a passion...He fell out wit steadman and came to pres.
But glad de fellas representing
Back in Trini...

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 07:17:08 AM »
Good to see another T&T baller getting accolades from a NAIA school. I think we need to check out some of these NAIA schools because there's a lot of good talent there that goes unoticed because it's not NCAA.

Also happy to see another Trinbago youth getting Regional Player of the year for their region. He has two to go. We'll see if he can keep it up.

I'll like to know who this Mbwana Johnson fella is. I wouldn't mind having a look at him when he's on trials in Rochester.

Lata and enjoy de day.
Richard G.
T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 08:59:57 AM »
Jade went to Naparima College for 6 years. He graduated from Naparima College writing his CXC exams there and then moved on to play for Presentation College to do his A levels for 2 years.

How come MORVANTMAN and he boys aint making no comments here boy. I guess is because is not someone they like.

Anyways, these guys looking like they doing big things man. Congrats fellas. We need to see what Johnson have. Call him up to at least practice for the national team. As for that Ryan fella, he is ah big player. Lets see what he have as well.

Once again, congrats all Trini men who do they thing. Kyle Cupid made second team all conference as well and i think Yohannce Marshall, but i am not completely sure. Two other good players!!

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline TriniSol_Campbell#

• New Warrior
  • Best Footballer and Idol
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 09:55:35 AM »
Mbwana is a decent player.  He plays in the center defence for UB.  Played against him this year and he is a tough strong defender who gets the job done

Trini Sol
Must put in d wuk

Offline Terry

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 12:20:57 PM »
Mbwana looking ahead.[/size]

Mbwana Johnson has spearheaded the University at Buffalo defense this season. The ex-under 17 national and Pleasantville Senior Comprehensive student has a towering list of achievements to show this season. He was named Georgia Southern All Tournament team, MAC All tournament team, 1st team all MAC-Conference and 2nd team All-Region team.
This made him the first player at his school to make the All Conference team in the last five years. University at Buffalo lost to #3 national ranked University of Akron on penalty kicks in the Conference finals. Nevertheless, before the game ESPN University network identified Mbwana as being a stand-out during this season and a force to be reckoned with in that final.
Mbwana is going to be attending trials with Rochester Rhinos of the A-league first division, and the Charlotte Eagles of the A-league second division during the 2006 year.
Jade not Jonesing.

Jade Jones was named “all conference 1st team” for Wheeling Jesuit University. The former Naparima College stalwart was also named “Player of year” last season and “all conference 1st team” in the WVIAC. Wheeling Jesuit University, participating in NCAA division II action, lost in their conference finals to Salem International. A victory would have granted Wheeling a trip to the NCAA division II tournament. Jones will wish to follow in the foot steps of Joel Bailey who is also an ex-Naparima and Wheeling student at the professional level.
From Mayaro to USA.

Sophomore forward, Ryan Stewart has been named NAIA region XI “Player of the Year.” This has probably been the biggest achievement from any Trinidadian player in the history of college football. The former Mayaro Composite student has also been named to NAIA “All-American 3rd team.”
Stewart, a Mayaro, Trinidad native, was second on the team in points (39) and goals scored (19). Stewart started 22 of the 23 games he played. He tied for the team lead with six game winning goals.
Ryan was called up to practice with the national under 23 team in 2002 under coach Simone. Ryan led Lindsey Wilson College to their 7th NAIA national championship this season. And just how good Lindsey Wilson is? In 2003, Lindsey tied 2003 national division 1 champions, Indiana University and should have beaten them.

Big up to the youth Ryan, but also note that their is another Trini playing for that school, a youth by the name of Serginho Sandy one of the scholls main defenders for their title run for three years now, who also score in the 2005 National Championship Game to bring home the title. He was also a member of the U-23 team.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 12:28:01 PM by Flex »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 12:23:59 PM »
Jade went to Naparima College for 6 years. He graduated from Naparima College writing his CXC exams there and then moved on to play for Presentation College to do his A levels for 2 years.

How come MORVANTMAN and he boys aint making no comments here boy. I guess is because is not someone they like.

Anyways, these guys looking like they doing big things man. Congrats fellas. We need to see what Johnson have. Call him up to at least practice for the national team. As for that Ryan fella, he is ah big player. Lets see what he have as well.

Once again, congrats all Trini men who do they thing. Kyle Cupid made second team all conference as well and i think Yohannce Marshall, but i am not completely sure. Two other good players!!

killer like yuh aint see i on ah ban from overposting

and 2 look up and tell meh if yuh see julius name and if the answer is no then why de hell i go post bout men i doh know and never hear bout in meh life

congrats fellow trinis (happy now)
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Terry

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 12:28:18 PM »
How come men from this league mashing up the place and not even getting a chance to go to the MLS combine? this school have seven National Chamionship.....hummmmmmm... we better watch them boys for we world cup team.I have played in the NAIA division and it has some exceptional players in that league. So big up to Ryan and Serginho represent for us from now, and let them no we coming hard in Germany.

Offline Milan!!!

• Naps man fuh life!!!
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 01:25:46 PM »
as a former naps man and havin played football(interclass and small goal) with Jade..he go cuss like hell if anyone hear him sya he from naps..but doh worry..he representing trinidad..go Jade...

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005, 01:50:11 PM »

killer like yuh aint see i on ah ban from overposting

and 2 look up and tell meh if yuh see julius name and if the answer is no then why de hell i go post bout men i doh know and never hear bout in meh life

congrats fellow trinis (happy now)

Mr breadrin, i happy yuh make that statement morvantman because it goes to show that yuh need to follow not just one or two players YOU KNOW but all other players from trinidad who doing there thing. I from the east and know players from south, tobago, north and ah know alot about the football background too because this is what i does do. I am a positive critic.....doh dig no harrass yuh know king, we from trini and is ah forum. so no love lost, at least ah hope!!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 01:54:47 PM »
well i am not you and i follow only malick players and julius james

i am not a tnt supporter i support malick players and since we are the core of the team

them i am a socawarrior ;D

but seriously i am just a shit-talker
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Rymizx

• Full Warrior
  • It's a small world ! - No Really...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2005, 04:52:56 PM »

but seriously i am just a shit-talker

Hmmmm. Taken out of context that will explain some of your posts..

But seriously though. In the football (and FSC's Saakker) arena the world is watching anything Trinidad..

Power to all ah weTrini an dem..

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 09:43:53 PM »
yeah i is wonder about a man like Ricardo Garcia who play at Mercer Community College in New Jersey a strong central defender who played fot the national team when he was a 13 year old and went to Norway and score something like 9 goals. Mercer was #1 in the country winning the national junior college championship in 2004 and making  good run for it just falling short in 2005 but he is a good player only 20 he should mov bac in the Trini team soon ENT!
All American

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 10:01:25 PM »
 Mercer is not a big school and I think that is division 3 and that is no competition

Offline RGarcia

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 10:22:11 PM »
Mercer is D1 Junior College and beat many of the big east schools in their Preseason games such as Seton Hall, St John`s , Colombia universities. So they are a force to be recon with.
All American

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005, 10:26:02 PM »
Shawn, is Ricardo going to be home over Christmas? Word is there will be a training camp for the youths over Christmas break. I heard that on Jack's press conference. If he is, he should contact Flex

Offline RGarcia

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2005, 10:35:13 PM »
I do not know who i am talking to but this is Shawn Garcia. Nah Ricrdo will not be returning home this Christmas he lives in the Unted states but holds a green card. He will be back home in the summer though.  they had contacted him but i know he have been talking to Lincoln Phillips but they have ot invitd him yet.
All American

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2005, 10:40:19 PM »
Mercer is not a big school and I think that is division 3 and that is no competition

Ponnoxx, for the first time i would have to say you wrong. Go to www.mccc.edu. It is a community college. However, the one thing i think you are right about is the level of competition. There are some good jr colleges but that overall competition is zero to none. So MAYBE the man is a stand-out because his conference or region is not all that. Something similar to the BIG EAST CONFERENCE this season. They had like 4 good teams and the rest were shit.

Anyways, we still want to look at the youth. I remember that team that went to Norway. Featured men like Lee Haynes and Harry (who was a boss goalkeeper but now is a trouble maker). So the youth might actually have some good qualities. Let him contact flex or the TTFF. I think the camp is for men born on or after 1985.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 10:42:02 PM by kingman »

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2005, 07:14:12 AM »
What the TTFF need to do is create a squad of US based college and non collegiate players so that they can train together in the US on a year round basis. That way our player pool can be more varied, and they will have a chance to show their true worth, rather than just getting called up for a few sessions to try and impress the selectors.
We have a lot of talented footballers, who end up on scholarships and then go into the football wilderness in the USA.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2005, 08:07:02 AM »
Flex,

Doh worry,,,,I may not post but I do read often.

Doh forget I am a foundation man from years back....despite not being a Trini.

I am truly happy for you guys and I hope you cherish the experience like I did in 1998.

Go lively up Germany!

Offline RGarcia

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2005, 09:33:58 AM »
yo guys whts up whats up this is not Shawn garcia this time this is Ricardo the smaller version. Heard you all have been talking bout me so whats the deal. i am just trying to get my foot back in the door man. And to Flex i think this is a great web chat BIG UPS! All who wana chat lets talk
All American

Offline draeday

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2005, 12:19:49 PM »
 My name is Andrae Clarke  (Kingston, Jamaica) from the University at Buffalo men's Soccer teamI would like to say that I have played with and against Mbwana Johnson and by far he is the best defender i have played against in my years playing soccer (my like's work).  His leadership qualities are extraudinary along with his heart and love for this sport. I have played at the highest level in all my age groups represented the USA in Europe with the Region 1 Olympic Development program, Enough about me but i have played against  and practice with some of the greatest defnders in this world (Ricardo Gardner, stew peas, and Aggla from the Jamaican national team),( Eddie Pope and tim howard from the USA national team), have have practice with Roy keane and Rude vanhistoroy,Tim Howard when Manchester United came on their USA tour in the summer of 2004.  All of those players are well known around this world in almost every home.  I honored playing with and against those player's as much as i honor playing with and against Mbwana Johnson.  There is not much to say about Mbwana so i'll let you make your judgement when your in his presence on and off the field!!!

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2005, 12:37:06 PM »

Ponnoxx, for the first time i would have to say you wrong. Go to www.mccc.edu. It is a community college. However, the one thing i think you are right about is the level of competition. There are some good jr colleges but that overall competition is zero to none. So MAYBE the man is a stand-out because his conference or region is not all that. Something similar to the BIG EAST CONFERENCE this season. They had like 4 good teams and the rest were shit.

Anyways, we still want to look at the youth. I remember that team that went to Norway. Featured men like Lee Haynes and Harry (who was a boss goalkeeper but now is a trouble maker). So the youth might actually have some good qualities. Let him contact flex or the TTFF. I think the camp is for men born on or after 1985.
Scene....I didn't know about Mercer...And yuh right about the big EAST ..it have about 3 good teams and the rest is pure shit teams that does rely on luck....ANyhow good luck to all T&T players doing their thing in the states

Offline RGarcia

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2005, 08:44:44 AM »
yeah i respect your gratitude yuh know jah bless
All American

1]; } ?>