April 25, 2024, 10:07:45 PM

Author Topic: Big up de Hockey warriors  (Read 6256 times)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Big up de Hockey warriors
« on: December 11, 2005, 11:29:09 PM »
  T&T men qualify for Indoor W/Cup

Monday, December 12th 2005

The Trinidad and Tobago men's hockey team could not contain their elation when the final whistle was blown in their semi-final match against the USA at the Pan American Hockey Federation (PAHF) Third Indoor Pan American Cup last Saturday in Ontario, Canada. T&T'S 5-4 extra-time victory ensured them of qualification for the 2007 Indoor Hockey World Cup to be held in Austria.

The Trinidad and Tobago men's hockey team qualified for the 2007 Indoor Hockey World Cup to be held in Austria when they defeated the USA Saturday evening.

The victory was by a margin of 5-4 and came in extra time of the semi-final match of the Pan American Hockey Federation (PAHF) Third Indoor Pan American Cup that concluded yesterday in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

However, the T&T men lost in a close battle in the final against hosts Canada 5-3.

On Saturday evening in the game against the USA, the match was tied 4-4 at the end of regulation time before Trinidad and Tobago's Dwayne Quan Chan netted the winner.

Earlier Alan Young, Dillett Gilkes, Raphael Govia and Wayne Leggerton had been the T&T goalscorers.

And with their dreams of qualifying for the World Cup dashed, the T&T women went on to clinch third spot in the PAHF tournament with a 8-0 drubbing of Venezuela.

Nicole Aming and Christin Thompson both scored doubles, while Yesenia Luces figured prominently with a hat-trick aand Christina Abreu notched the other item for the Trinidad and Tobago women.

When it rains it pours.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Big up de Hockey warriors
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 11:37:01 PM »
them girl get on they
congrats to them
Hockey doh get the recognition it deserves and them girls flying the flag high

Més que un club.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 11:39:41 PM »
Congrtas on the men's team!!! next up leh we form ah ice hockey team and come take  them on. hahahaahhaa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 11:41:54 PM »
Congrtas on the men's team!!! next up leh we form ah ice hockey team and come take  them on. hahahaahhaa

for them fellas to get ban fuss game
yuh forget yuh could fight in them game
yuh go give ah Trini ah piece ah wood and tell him he could fight, wha you feel go happen

is concussion by buss face by dental reconstruction
leh we forget that

Més que un club.

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 11:44:45 PM »
Ronnie Mc used tuh play fuh de national team, buh ah never ask him if he front teeth problem was ah hockey stick he kiss.  ;D ;D

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 11:44:57 PM »
Congrtas on the men's team!!! next up leh we form ah ice hockey team and come take them on. hahahaahhaa

for them fellas to get ban fuss game
yuh forget yuh could fight in them game
yuh go give ah Trini ah piece ah wood and tell him he could fight, wha you feel go happen

is concussion by buss face by dental reconstruction
leh we forget that

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh gosh no joke hahahahah boy ah play dis game many years back and it was in ano contact league ; well the fust time ah man hit meh  and say sorry look ah nearly lay some  ah dat hockey stick on the man fuh real yes. Man had tuh hold meh back yes!!!!!!!!
what yuh say dey eh no joke nah hahahahaha

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 11:47:25 PM »
Ronnie Mc used tuh play fuh de national team, buh ah never ask him if he front teeth problem was ah hockey stick he kiss.  ;D ;D

we was on de team  he used to play fuh jets when I play fuh Notre Dame  he was full ah energy and ah good player

Big up to Kwande and de boys

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 11:50:48 PM »
in dem old days in south yuh had teams like : Lantern Giants, Searchers and Juniors. Meh old soccer coach Gibson use tuh play fuh  the Giants ah think he made South hockey team back in them old days.

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 11:51:08 PM »
TRUETRINI ah play two seasons with Notre Dame 78' 79'.
 Mih boys was Sheppy, Wiggy, Whiteman, Chicken .....

Â In dem days if yuh turn yuh back between de ball an man yuh foot getting rell lash.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2005, 11:59:50 PM »
boy my whole family play hockey
meh aunt was captain of Trinidad and I think they win gold in PanAm games
them days she use to play with Jets I remember it was ah yellow uniform
meh moms use to play to but she stop when she get pregnant with me

I remember plenty days going to the barracks in St James to watch game

but she come home with real injuries though
nothing serious though although from years of running her knees starting to give she might have to do reconstructive surgery

her friends eh so lucky is who have scar all over who whole front cut is porcelain cause is stick to teeth

Més que un club.

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005, 12:25:14 AM »

Â In dem days if yuh turn yuh back between de ball an man yuh foot getting rell lash.

well yuh must know me..i leave harvard and join Note rDame   Dougie, Francis John, kenneth white,an. Kurt Gomes...wey breds... Chicken Earl..we was ah good team, we was no Malverne but we make big 4 all de time

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 12:26:53 AM »
 Quan Brown was rated as one of the World's Top Hockey player.Played in England Professionally, that guy is amazing with hockey stick......Go T&T

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2005, 12:38:29 AM »

well yuh must know me..i leave harvard and join Note rDame   Dougie, Francis John, kenneth white,an. Kurt Gomes...wey breds... Chicken Earl..we was ah good team, we was no Malverne but we make big 4 all de time

Yeh ah probably do, ah think was 77' 78 (ah was in John D then), dem boys keep mih only playing in reserve div so ah leave but it also coincide with mih going an work in Lisas.
Ah ent know if yuh remember Ivan Andrews, he was in Dames too an had play football for Pres south.
Ey an de parties....... start 10.00 (2200 hrs) an finish 8.00 o'clock nex morning.
Anyhow if yuh home fuh Christmas gih mih ah pm an we goh hook up dis time.

truetrini

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2005, 01:03:22 AM »
ok

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2005, 01:48:00 AM »
It's really nice to see that Hockey is doing so well,i wonder where they get their money from i never hear them complaining,i guess they will need some finance for this WC.

As an ardent Hockey fan and one who has played Hockey for Defence Force,i would like to wish Hockey all the best and hope they get the attention they deserve.

CONGRATS!!!!!

Offline Lil Jodie P

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2005, 08:07:50 AM »
yea yea! we making waves all round! Riguel Gomes on that team too....that is meh cousin....i glad for them man! congrats guys!!!
FOREVER AND ALWAYS "Little Jodie P" :)

Offline supaselectuh

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2005, 12:55:53 PM »
  T&T men qualify for Indoor W/Cup

Monday, December 12th 2005

The Trinidad and Tobago men's hockey team could not contain their elation when the final whistle was blown in their semi-final match against the USA at the Pan American Hockey Federation (PAHF) Third Indoor Pan American Cup last Saturday in Ontario, Canada. T&T'S 5-4 extra-time victory ensured them of qualification for the 2007 Indoor Hockey World Cup to be held in Austria.

The Trinidad and Tobago men's hockey team qualified for the 2007 Indoor Hockey World Cup to be held in Austria when they defeated the USA Saturday evening.

The victory was by a margin of 5-4 and came in extra time of the semi-final match of the Pan American Hockey Federation (PAHF) Third Indoor Pan American Cup that concluded yesterday in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

However, the T&T men lost in a close battle in the final against hosts Canada 5-3.

On Saturday evening in the game against the USA, the match was tied 4-4 at the end of regulation time before Trinidad and Tobago's Dwayne Quan Chan netted the winner.

Earlier Alan Young, Dillett Gilkes, Raphael Govia and Wayne Leggerton had been the T&T goalscorers.

And with their dreams of qualifying for the World Cup dashed, the T&T women went on to clinch third spot in the PAHF tournament with a 8-0 drubbing of Venezuela.

Nicole Aming and Christin Thompson both scored doubles, while Yesenia Luces figured prominently with a hat-trick aand Christina Abreu notched the other item for the Trinidad and Tobago women.

When it rains it pours.

WOIIIII
big up meh cousin!!!!!!!, even though I hear the news arready, it good to see it in the papers....

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2005, 08:56:00 PM »
well done warriors :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2005, 12:52:28 PM »
I didn't know so many hockey people posting on the board.  :)

The women won a CAC Gold Medal in 1986 and placed 5th in the Pan Am Games the next year. My mother played on those teams. I was a reserve on this team that qualified for the world cup so I didn't get the opportunity to travel to Canada. At the moment the team is enjoying a very good spell in the Pan Am region. We placed 4th in the Pan Am Cup last year, the first time a T&T team has placed in the top 4 since 1965. The women are in a rough patch, but with the group of young players emerging they may not be where they are for long.

Kwan is no longer playing in England. He and his family now reside in Florida. We still have 8 to 10 players playing in England and the national men's team is preparing for the Commonwealth Games in Melbourne, Australia in March. Both the men and women will be defending champions in the CAC Games in July.

1]; } ?>